• Breaking News

    Wednesday, February 16, 2022

    Head and face movement as game input for someone with a physical disability Ask Programming

    Head and face movement as game input for someone with a physical disability Ask Programming


    Head and face movement as game input for someone with a physical disability

    Posted: 16 Feb 2022 06:07 AM PST

    Hi guys as someone who lost the ability to game due to a neuromuscular disease i was searching for a way to play games again. when I was searching the internet i stumbled upon software that translates over 50 facial expressions and head movement using a webcam to inputs for a game as example it uses head rotation up/down/left/right as inputs for WASD and eyebrows up/down as inputs for jump and crouch but it's discontinued and made unavailable. When i searched on google and github for any alternative i only found software that translated head movement to mouse movement. So I thought to myself i will make my own assistive software with blackjack and hookers but here's the big problem i know next to nothing about programming only basic html and css. Here comes the real question how hard would it be to create this kind of software with very little knowledge of programming? How would i start and do this? and are there any programmers that can help me? it would mean the world to me if you could help me and other people with the same kind of problems regain a bit of their freedom. thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/Addikt97
    [link] [comments]

    I want to know if all the packages and modules in a programming language are created using only the standard libraries?

    Posted: 16 Feb 2022 04:46 AM PST

    How do we create modules for manipulating audio and images and animation if there are no such related modules in the standard library? What do we use as base modules for such tasks?

    For example, there are no image and audio related libraries in c++
    https://en.cppreference.com/w/cpp/header

    submitted by /u/Yinisiki
    [link] [comments]

    i dunno if this is the place but i have no idea to do this any tips, even videotutorials are really thanked

    Posted: 16 Feb 2022 03:18 AM PST

    exercise: Several threads (for example four), perform a fetch. In a random time between 10 and 200 ms, they get an amount between 4 and 25. The collection ends when an amount of 2000 is reached. Use a Collection class that stores and allows you to consult the amount collected so far. The main thread creates an object of type Collect, creates the threads and passes this object to them, which is shared by all and therefore its methods must be properly protected with synchronized methods.

    i have no threds idea, must be done in java.

    submitted by /u/testyourdrugskids
    [link] [comments]

    Practical legal recourse for stolen IP?

    Posted: 16 Feb 2022 02:54 AM PST

    Basically the title, obviously fang companies can afford endless and expensive legal battles for IP violations. However, practically speaking for independent programmers, what level of IP protection is there built into the legal system? It would be very hard to prove stolen IP for software (imo). Is it kind of just up to you to protect your own code, or if it somehow gets stolen is there practical, legal recourse? Ty

    submitted by /u/tace8
    [link] [comments]

    Is it bad to wear a suit to a programming interview?

    Posted: 16 Feb 2022 02:24 AM PST

    Basically the title, I realize culture is highly variable between companies, but for example if you went to an ib interview you simply must wear a suit, so in that industry there's a consistent standard for acceptable attire. Is there a 'standard' dress code for programming interviews? If not, how big is the range between acceptable attire? Would it be a bad look if I wore a suit?

    submitted by /u/tace8
    [link] [comments]

    Switching to developing

    Posted: 15 Feb 2022 09:49 PM PST

    Hello, everyone :)

    I'm 25. Right now I'm a bit lost in life and willing to change my job. I work as a VFX Artist (CG Generalist) in Kazakhstan and have been being a team lead in a small VFX house for a last half of a year, but tbh I've just burned out because of insane OT and low-middle income, around $1k per month, yeah, that's normal in these countries, because of a reality that in post soviet union countries CG sphere is not developed quite well.

    That's why I started to think about changing my work area to software or web developing. I asked friends who work in dev, and they told me that if I'm gonna switch to dev, I won't have any problems to find a job, will have good conditions of work, but of cource will never get rid of OT's, but will defenetly reduce it's amount. And slalaries quite high, that's one of the most inportant points.

    I doubt to switch just because I've learnt a lot in CG, recently got plans to move forward in this field, but something inside me just broke at some point and I don't want to touch any polygons now. So, the question is: is it just a temporary state of myself or I should defenetly consider to switch to developing, because tbh I really like scripting and do some stuff related to code. Anyway, just looking for some help to figure out things.

    Thanks for any advices and help.

    submitted by /u/RomanRaw
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to set up an ELO rating system. What language should I use?

    Posted: 15 Feb 2022 09:56 PM PST

    I have little to no experience with any programming language, so a beginner-friendly one would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/100beep
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment