• Breaking News

    Monday, June 21, 2021

    The Marvelous Journey of a Bit Computer Science

    The Marvelous Journey of a Bit Computer Science


    The Marvelous Journey of a Bit

    Posted: 20 Jun 2021 10:21 PM PDT

    I wrote a cute story about a bit traveling the Layers of Abstraction to find their byte. Please enjoy:

    https://emilyglanz.medium.com/the-marvelous-journey-of-a-bit-463712301726

    submitted by /u/smiles4_miles
    [link] [comments]

    Those who have a degree in CS, were you guys bad at math going into college?

    Posted: 20 Jun 2021 04:29 PM PDT

    Title. I'm a HS Sophomore going into junior year (so would that make a rising junior?), and I'm REALLY bad at math. Like I'm literally failing and will have to go repeat Algebra 1, which is a CP course btw. I don't find myself putting in the effort.

    However, despite this, I want to get a degree in computer science in order to be a software engineer/developer. Oh the irony. Why? Well, I like technology and I believe it's the future. That and it seems cool. Although, it requires a LOT of math.

    I was wondering if you guys went into college bad at math or are in the position I am? How are you now, where are you now, and do you have any tips for the impaired?

    submitted by /u/mpchop
    [link] [comments]

    O'Reilly eBooks bundle on web development and web design ends in 1 day, supports charity

    Posted: 20 Jun 2021 08:06 PM PDT

    Using download bandwidth as upload.

    Posted: 20 Jun 2021 04:59 PM PDT

    Is it possible to design a system or algorithm that downloads bytes in a specific order in order to upload data to the server.

    I am thinking that since I have 1gb download speed I can download specific patterns of files to reverse the stream of data.

    submitted by /u/Heavy_Cranberry_9795
    [link] [comments]

    Data structures don't get enough love. I need a resource to learn all kinds of data structures.

    Posted: 20 Jun 2021 11:19 AM PDT

    Every other person and most books talk about algorithms and their implementation giving little attention to data structures.

    For example, some books don't even consider discussing skip lists or splay trees.

    What are some books (other resources) that focus mainly on data structures? What is the best book to go deeper into variety of data structures?

    submitted by /u/SubstantialTale1
    [link] [comments]

    Academic paper review of Firecracker: Lightweight Virtualization for Serverless Applications on AWS

    Posted: 20 Jun 2021 09:31 AM PDT

    Getting into Comp a lil late

    Posted: 20 Jun 2021 06:59 AM PDT

    Hey yall. This is pretty embarrassing cuz i never thought id be the one to say this, but ive realized this is what I want to do. Ive been pushed the premed route through college by my parents though i actually came in as a comp major. I told them freshman yr i wanted to do comp instead but you know how immigrant parents are. Ive been programming on the side ever since and woke up this morning and realized this is what I want to do. This is what makes me happy. I shouldve listened to myself. Im about to be a senior and have some class requirements for the major under my belt and am willing to take an extra yr to complete them. However I don't know if it's worth going for or whether i should just go ahead to med school. I know to get the types of software engineer jobs i want at big companies ill need some internships under my belt but theres simply no time for that. What do yall reccomend? Thank you.

    submitted by /u/okrostew
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment