• Breaking News

    Tuesday, March 16, 2021

    Would a math undergrad degree prepare you for a graduate program in Computer Science? Computer Science

    Would a math undergrad degree prepare you for a graduate program in Computer Science? Computer Science


    Would a math undergrad degree prepare you for a graduate program in Computer Science?

    Posted: 15 Mar 2021 08:12 PM PDT

    Apologies in advance but I don't know where else to ask this question. I am currently in my last year of my first undergrad and I want to take a second undergrad in Computer Science after I finish the first one. I intend to stay in the same university but I don't mind switching to a different one. The issue here is that the university I am currently attending has a highly competitive CS program with limited enrollment, so I have to have a plan B in case I don't get in. Would a Math degree be a good substitute/preparation for a future graduate program (masters or PhD) in Computer Science? I already know I want to focus on AI, if that helps.

    For sure I know I could just apply to a different university where it's easier to get accepted, but I would still like to know if there's anybody who went the Math route leading to CS and if this path is a viable option.

    submitted by /u/Mountain_Druid
    [link] [comments]

    [N] Yann LeCun Team's Barlow Twins Method Boosts SSL in Image Representation via Redundancy Reduction

    Posted: 15 Mar 2021 09:46 PM PDT

    Yann LeCun and a team of researchers propose Barlow Twins, a method that learns self-supervised representations through a joint embedding of distorted images, with an objective function that can make the embedding vectors almost identical while reducing redundancy between their components.

    Here is a quick read: Yann LeCun Team's Barlow Twins Method Boosts SSL in Image Representation via Redundancy Reduction

    The paper Barlow Twins: Self-Supervised Learning via Redundancy Reduction is on arXiv.

    submitted by /u/Yuqing7
    [link] [comments]

    [Comedy, Educational] Using python and threads to DESTROY guitar hero!

    Posted: 15 Mar 2021 05:16 PM PDT

    Hey guys! I just graduated and started a youtube channel to learn more about AI / CS. If you wanna have a quick laugh and learn something at the same time, check it out here! https://youtu.be/plYJPfDx7rg

    submitted by /u/MrBotProductions
    [link] [comments]

    Vectorized Deep Learning

    Posted: 15 Mar 2021 08:17 PM PDT

    VM Issue...So I wanted to update to Windows 20H2 and I keep having issues with this. I don't have VirtualBox installed. I k ow it's under Oracle, but I don't have it under Oracle either. Tried to search for it in regedit as well but I didn't find it. Can someone pls help?

    Posted: 15 Mar 2021 05:21 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment