• Breaking News

    Thursday, March 11, 2021

    How do I actually know if I'm "good enough" to be a programmer? learn programming

    How do I actually know if I'm "good enough" to be a programmer? learn programming


    How do I actually know if I'm "good enough" to be a programmer?

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 08:51 AM PST

    I'm a Java person. I understand most concepts in Java, most constructs too. I know what classes are, I know what abstract classes are, and interfaces, I know all the basics. How do I actually know if I will be a good programmer or not?

    submitted by /u/AppelSoup
    [link] [comments]

    Do I have this right about React? Props are an object of a Component, a Component is an object of React, React is a library of JavaScript, and a library is a collection of objects?

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 04:00 PM PST

    This is a genuine question. I would like to know if I getting it correct, and if not, what I'm getting wrong. Thank you in advance.

    submitted by /u/CorbettKnoff
    [link] [comments]

    My Python Fundamentals teaching document

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 10:54 PM PST

    Hello

    I wanted to make a short (eight episodes) Youtube video series teaching the fundamentals of Python starting from absolutely zero, but I was unable to get the audio to a decent quality.

    In case anyone is interested, I'm sharing the document I was going to use as a guide. These include the explanations, the examples of code, and a few exercises associated to each topic in order for them to be better understood. You can find them at https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ZL-8_GYwhGtu8uehMjzg-YZkNMk_OouC?usp=sharing

    Any comments, questions or feedback would be greatly appreciated :D

    submitted by /u/FaallenOon
    [link] [comments]

    Colt Steele’s “The Web Developer Bootcamp 2021” is for advanced programmers, not beginners

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 06:17 PM PST

    Hi everyone,

    I started this with knowledge in html, css and some basic js. After half and month of following his course and coding along project called yelpcamp I find myself overwhelmed with everything he did there. He just jumped from explaining javascript to building full stack crud application with M.E.N. stack and lots of others complicated things like geomaps and storing images on cloudinary. After doing basic crud I lost all focus on project because it just went pretty fast from explaining and doing basic stuff to doing complicated stuff which wasnt really explained well. I finished project and i know how to explain it, because I understood the code and what he said, but if i try to do something like that all alone I wouldnt be able to even connect or create mongodb. I feel very frustrated now because this is called tutorial hell and im curious if anyone else followed his updated course and found himself in the same place as me?

    submitted by /u/soSick96
    [link] [comments]

    Where to start?

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 06:08 PM PST

    I am interested in cyber security for a career. I've been on YouTube and freecodecamp.org but don't know if there's a specific path to take that better suits cyber security and what languages should be learned first.

    submitted by /u/manbearpig0420
    [link] [comments]

    I feel i am not smart enough for thinking efficient algorithms

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 11:25 AM PST

    So there was this question

    Write a function matched(s) that takes as input a string s and checks if the brackets "(" and ")" in s are matched: that is, every "(" has a matching ")" after it and every ")" has a matching "(" before it. Your function should ignore all other symbols that appear in s. Your function should return True if s has matched brackets and False if it does not.

    i had thought of a very complicated brute force programme

    def matched(s): for i in range(0,len(s)): if (s[i] == '(') and (s[len(s)-i] != '('): for j in range (i,len(s)): if s[j] == ')': s1 = s[:i] + s[j+1:] else: return(False) for k in range(0,len(s1)): if s1[k] != '(': return(True) else: return(matched(s1))

    this is obviously incomplete but i could only think of this, while my friend could think of a very very simple solution

    def matched(s): count=0 for i in s: if i=="(": count+=1 if i==")": count-=1 if count<0: return(5>6) if count==0: return(5<6) else: return(5>6)

    this made me lose heart because i in no way had thought about something like this,am i really that horrible? because i have noticed i lack that thinking capability even while studying math or writing proofs.. i am just disheartened and i feel dumb.. because i am such a novice when it comes to thinking logically, do you have any advice?

    submitted by /u/adone69
    [link] [comments]

    Lost and looking for direction

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 11:50 PM PST

    Long story short I was looking at getting into technology and programming just to try something new and see if I like it. Are there any good resources you guys would recommend for learning different languages etc.? Even worthwhile online cert programs/courses?

    Any information would be greatly appreciated. I'm frankly not passionate about what I'm doing and am trying to look elsewhere, figured this is a good place to start as I've always been interested.

    submitted by /u/itsokguy
    [link] [comments]

    I want to try making a chrome extension/web app that brings up a checklist upon pressing a move confirmation button on lichess.org (for building good chess habit)

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 11:36 PM PST

    Is something like this possible? I haven't messed with programming in a few years, I recall ruby being a lot of fun. What would I need to make something like this happen?

    submitted by /u/Merit-Rest-Surrender
    [link] [comments]

    How do I remove an object from an arraylist and delete it in java?

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 10:56 PM PST

    So, basically I want to do a shopping list that you can put the price, quantity, name. I want to implement a button that deletes an object. I have tried doing "int s = objectList.indexOf(myobject); objectList.remove(s); myobject=null;", but it keeps giving me errors. Please help me, if you need any code from my project, I will give it. Btw, the object extends JPanel

    submitted by /u/javaisdope
    [link] [comments]

    How can I create a “restart” button that will restart my entire game? (Python)

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 02:52 PM PST

    I've been working on a program, and I've come across a problem. I'm quite unsure of how to create a button that will restart my entire game when I press it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm a beginner at coding, and I've tried everything I could. Thank you so much.

    Here's my code so far:

    https://pastebin.com/B7Rkz1aA

    submitted by /u/SakuraGaming888
    [link] [comments]

    Other than Andrew Ng's Machine Learning, what other introductory/beginner-level ML or data science courses would you recommend?

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 07:50 AM PST

    Title. I'm not looking for a complete beginner course in programming tho since I'm not that new in programming (I know Python, JS, and web development).

    submitted by /u/LittleWompRat
    [link] [comments]

    What happens to this algorithm that make the result SO wrong as long as it goes on executing?

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 01:24 PM PST

    p2(1)=1; p2(2)=1/3; for n=3:100 p2(n)=10/3*p2(n-1)-p2(n-2) end 

    This algorithm calculates the succession 1/3^n.

    This is the output.

    I dont' really get HOW CAN the result became so wrong. It also inverts the trend of decreasing and at a certain point it starts increasing. How can it be possible?

    I don't want to know the mathematical demonstration of why this happens. I just would like to know what happens pratically during the execution of the algorithm that MESS UP everything.

    submitted by /u/allexj
    [link] [comments]

    Python game in browser

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 03:09 PM PST

    Sorry if this question is already asked a lot before but still can't find a (recent) answer.

    I'm trying to learn python and trying to make some simple games. To show it to some people and let them play it would be cool if it could be available in the browser but I don't know how to make that happen. I can set up a webserver and connect a domain to it. So that wouldn't be a problem. But I understand that browser don't run python. I read a lot the last days and read things about converting it to javascript and using others things like brython and A lot more. Tbh I don't even know what I have been reading the last days. What are my best options now a day to make my this possible?

    submitted by /u/justmenotme
    [link] [comments]

    how can i make a text input that users can't enter 'j' and 's' as first letter in js

    Posted: 11 Mar 2021 01:06 AM PST

    <!DOCTYPE html> <html lang="en"> <head> <meta charset="UTF-8"> <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=edge"> <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0"> <title>Document</title> </head> <body> <input type="text" name="" id="text"> <script> const text=document.getElementById('text'); fl=0 text.addEventListener('keyup',()=>{ tv=text.value if(text.value.key='j'){ console.log('hello') } }) </script> </body> </html> 
    submitted by /u/all_guilt
    [link] [comments]

    C program callbacks to python

    Posted: 11 Mar 2021 01:05 AM PST

    I have a project where I'm going to write a QT GUI which needs to run a c program which already exist. I'd like to write the QT part in python if possible, the only problem is that the c program should display a few values while it's running. I can alter code in the c program but cannot break it up into smaller functions run from python. I've looked into the python subprocess package and wonder if it's possible to provide the c program a set function which it can call to update numbers displayed on the GUI. I know I can do the same thing if the GUI part is written in C++ but I want to avoid that.

    I need someone to tell me if I should just write it in C++ or point me to the tools/module I could use.

    As you can see i don't really know how to phrase my question. Also don't know where to post if there's a better sub please point me there.

    submitted by /u/bazeon
    [link] [comments]

    How to go back to somewhere in a function if criteria isn't met

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 09:09 PM PST

    I'm making a choose your own adventure game in C++ and I'm a bit stuck right at the beginning. I've been wondering how to return back to a point in your code if a condition is met/isn't met and I never figured out how to...in my case, my issue is right on the main menu. If the player inputs "Play" or "Quit", the program does exactly that, no problems there. But if the user inputs something other than "Play" or "Quit", I want to return to the place where the question was asked whether to Play or Quit the game, rather than the code just ending. As of right now, I'm using an else if statement for any input other than "Play" or "Quit."

    if (playorquit == "Play") {

     std::cout << "Let's get started." << std::endl; } else if (playorquit == "Quit") { exit (1); } else if (playorquit != "Play" || "Quit") { std::cout << "Please enter either Play or Quit." << std::endl; } 

    This is all within a function that isn't main. Can someone give me some help?

    submitted by /u/Vexuri
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to cart an item on an e-commerce website use http post requests?

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 09:04 PM PST

    How would you go about doing so?

    submitted by /u/Medical_Current3407
    [link] [comments]

    Does this get easier with time?

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 04:01 PM PST

    Hi, I am relatively new to programming (learning about generic methods and algorithms) and I am just wondering if the difficulty of the topics get easier. I am a pretty smart dude (not trying to brag) but some of the concepts just confuse me. I was wondering if this is a sign that I am in the wrong field or is it just something that gets easier as you practice? Thank you.

    Edit: Thank you everyone for the advice! You have been very helpful!

    submitted by /u/the_death_of_jimmy
    [link] [comments]

    Just learned CSS and HTML a few weeks ago. Made a really simple website. Trying to learn JavaScript ATM but its a lot harder. Probably because unlike HTML or CSS, where everything is kind of set out for you to use, you have to invent commands and functions for a computer with JavaScript.

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 07:21 AM PST

    Been trying to use sites like codecademy.com and other code learning sites. Learned CSS and HTML from YouTube their a lot simpler but I don't think I will be able to follow suite with JS. Would you consider HTML and CSS a programming or coding language? Any advice on JS is appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Quillstick
    [link] [comments]

    Which competitive programming site should I begin with ?

    Posted: 11 Mar 2021 12:20 AM PST

    I am a programmer since last 6 years , but have never opted for competitive programming . I have C , Java ( in depth skillset) , C++ and Python in my Quiver . Which site should I begin with ? It will be extremely helpful if the order to approach the sites is mentioned too. Also , are the sites extremely good in either languages to opt the problem solving (say Java could be the best to go for sites like Codechef or something like that ) . Thanks in advance .

    submitted by /u/RememberingYouDP
    [link] [comments]

    Where is the best website builder CMS open source?

    Posted: 11 Mar 2021 12:18 AM PST

    Hello, Where is the best website builder CMS open source?

    submitted by /u/giordanorocci_
    [link] [comments]

    Need help! <Ruby>

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 11:43 PM PST

    [ [1, 2, 4, 8], [1, 2, 4] ].inject(:&) returns me [1, 2, 4] Can someone please explain to me how #.inject(:&) works? I couldn't find an explanation online, thanks !

    submitted by /u/faithvouriteee
    [link] [comments]

    What to learn to build a website - already know a bit of Java and C#

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 12:44 PM PST

    Firstly - sorry I know similar questions have been asked in many different ways before, but I can't find one that exactly anwers mine.

    I wan't to try and build a website that allows a user to log in, create a financial application record, and have that record be updated from an external api.

    I realise HTTP and CSS are needed for the front end, but can I use Java to do all the back end stuff (authenticating the user, taking the user input/application data, storing it in a DB, enriching from the external api, and updating the front end)? What should I focus on learning to achieve something like this?

    Thanks everyone.

    submitted by /u/bigfamreddit
    [link] [comments]

    Legalities Of Software Development

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 11:16 PM PST

    Hello :)

    I recently started working in a Tech Company. The company has a few internal tools that it uses, (which I'm takes to add features to).

    The thing is, the Codebase is Horrible and the Application is Filled with Bugs.

    I am thinking of building the Application completely from scratch because of this but the company can't make a switch until I have a production ready application so I'm working on the Re Write of the Application in my free time.

    I am wondering if there are any legalities regarding the aforementioned application that I should know, since it could be considered Intellectual Property.

    submitted by /u/_codename
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment