• Breaking News

    Wednesday, March 10, 2021

    Why do I see all these beautiful app designs online, but in the app store, no app designed so beautiful. Ask Programming

    Why do I see all these beautiful app designs online, but in the app store, no app designed so beautiful. Ask Programming


    Why do I see all these beautiful app designs online, but in the app store, no app designed so beautiful.

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 02:37 PM PST

    Why didn't websites used to use their apex record? (example.com vs www.example.com)

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 12:47 PM PST

    I used to only ever see websites that went www.example.com. Now, every website I see is just example.com, no www. Were apex records not implemented before, or was there another reason everyone used www?

    submitted by /u/gobbleself
    [link] [comments]

    How to compress/compile/??? your folder so that hooligans cant take it without at least working alittle

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 10:32 PM PST

    I've got this crap game, and basically, it has .cpp files, some .dlls for graphics libraries, and then some folders for fonts, sprites, maps, ui elements, and some other stuff. I get the idea that you should take out the makefile and the .cpp files before letting the goofballs of this world have your files.

    But I know that most games don't just have their files showing, it's a little notgood. For instance, images.

    Is there a way to do something to my folders to make them less accessible? Do I have to write my own filetype for images?

    Atm, to "rip" sprites from my game you would just go into the game directory and then go into the sprites directory, can I change that? The only difference between what I have and what the world has would be the sourcecode.

    Thanks and have a crap day :)

    submitted by /u/EastContribution3314
    [link] [comments]

    How to make C program to input and check stock of items?

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 09:24 PM PST

    What is the most portable and accessible global sound format in 2021?

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 07:49 AM PST

    My program has a UI to accept a users soundfile.

    My question is,

    what is the most accepted 'unversal' format I should be working with?

    Is it mp4? mp3? wav?

    Ideally i don't want to use .wav because of the giant filesize which would bog down the memory of the program.

    submitted by /u/podcast_frog3817
    [link] [comments]

    How do you make a for loop with no conditional expression? For example 1 to 50

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 05:34 AM PST

    Language is Java.

    submitted by /u/Mason527
    [link] [comments]

    Documentation-first Langauge?

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 01:52 PM PST

    I remember discovering a programming language about 5 to 10 years ago that was a documentation-first language. It was basically a jupyter notebook, but completely reactive. It was interpreted to javascript, had a browser database for storage, and was focused on writing documentation first, then inlining the code with it. I thought it was called Alice, but I can't find any project like it that is called Alice. Does anyone know of this language?

    submitted by /u/skamansam
    [link] [comments]

    How to work on a feature branch that depends on the changes from another unmerged branch.

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 03:02 PM PST

    This question relates to Git workflow.

    So I currently have feature_a pending review and is not yet merged. I need to work on another feature (let's call it feature_b) that depends on the changes on feature_a.

    Instead of waiting and being blocked I decided to simply branch from feature_a and continue working:

    // on feature_a

    git checkout -b feature_b

    Switched to a new branch feature_b

    After doing a git push from feature_b and trying to open a new Pull Request I noticed that it included all of the commits in feature_a similar to this:

    • commit feature_b
    • commit feature_a
    • commit feature_a
    • commit feature_a

    However, I only really wanted the latest feature_b commit.

    I think I messed up so I wanted to ask what should've been the best approach to deal with this type of workflow. Rebase maybe?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/SmokingBrokenGlass
    [link] [comments]

    What does it mean to be an expert programmer ?

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 05:06 PM PST

    What does it mean to be an expert at programming ? Does that mean you don't use Google and other things like Stack overflow as much ? Or does it mean you know exactly what to search for when you need to ? Does it simply mean you have an understanding of what your code does ? I want to become an expert but I don't know what that really means.

    submitted by /u/KingofMgtow
    [link] [comments]

    Java Http Login Help

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 05:01 PM PST

    Hello! I am currently trying to write some java code which will allow me to log in to a website (gab.com specifically). I need to also save the cookie for the login so that I can access Gab's api and pull gabs using certain hashtags, apparently this feature requires an authorized user to access the api data. I feel like I have been running in circles for days now so any help or suggestions for libraries to use would be greatly appreciated!

    final BasicCredentialsProvider credsProvider = new BasicCredentialsProvider();

     credsProvider.setCredentials( new AuthScope(gabScraper.URL, 80), new UsernamePasswordCredentials("username", "password".toCharArray())); try (final CloseableHttpClient httpclient = HttpClients.custom() .setDefaultCredentialsProvider(credsProvider) .build()) { final HttpGet httpget = new HttpGet("http://gab.com/auth/sign_in/user/passwd"); try { System.out.println("Executing request " + httpget.getMethod() + " " + httpget.getUri()); } catch (URISyntaxException e) { System.out.println(e); } try (final CloseableHttpResponse response = httpclient.execute(httpget)) { System.out.println("----------------------------------------"); System.out.println(response.getCode() + " " + response.getReasonPhrase()); //System.out.println(EntityUtils.toString(response.getEntity())); } catch (ParseException e) { System.out.println(e); } } 
    submitted by /u/AlUsernamesAreTaken1
    [link] [comments]

    Item database for personal site

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 10:40 AM PST

    I am making an ecommerce site for a personal project - is there somewhere I could get a data base of items/images/prices for some random items, or is that something I'll have to construct myself? I don't really have a preference to what they are, I 'm just going to query items to display and add to a users cart in another data base.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/ItsMostPalone
    [link] [comments]

    How would I go About Creating Phone Alerts

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 03:43 PM PST

    Basically, I am working on a project where if someone's number is called they would get a text notification that they are being called up. Are there any tutorials you guys know that show how to do this, and is this simple enough to do as a beginner or would I need to learn more Python?

    submitted by /u/IiCorgiiI
    [link] [comments]

    Which Language to use for crunching large numbers?

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 08:10 AM PST

    I want to do calculating with some pretty large integers. Wich language should I use for that? It would be good if it was compilable to a .exe or as Linux executable. Also it is important, that there is a reference and library support. Thank's for helping.

    submitted by /u/Bjoern_Kerman
    [link] [comments]

    Anybody know of a blog/website that overviews major web topics on a high level?

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 09:40 AM PST

    Sounds weirdly specific but I'm basically looking for the Computerphile web videos in a written, more comprehensive and more highly organized format. For reference I'm experienced with web dev and would like to understand the web on a more abstract level. Some of the topics I'd love to read up on are TLS, UTF-8, web tokens, security attacks beyond XXS and SQL injection, etc etc etc

    submitted by /u/JamesPolkKilledMyDad
    [link] [comments]

    Can you get a career in software engineering with a CIS degree?

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 11:46 AM PST

    Is it worth getting a CIS degree or is computer science just better. Is it worth staying another year in college and do computer science ?

    submitted by /u/Blank1110
    [link] [comments]

    What is the difference if any between multiple recursive calls on same line versus different lines?

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 07:58 AM PST

    for example

    def isBST(): ... <some code that returns True or False> ... return isBST() and isBST()

    versus def isBST(): ... <some code that returns True or False> ... left = isBST() right = isBST() return left and right

    submitted by /u/Bulbasaur2015
    [link] [comments]

    I really need advice guys? Please help

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 06:36 AM PST

    May be a long read but please bear with me. I am currently a 2nd year Computer Engineering major and I need advice. I have almost no knowledge of coding as it's not really the focal point of my major. My goal is to either work in Europe, US or Canada but my uninformed plan of applying for a work visa after my Bachelors has been thrown out the window as I'm told work visas are rarely given to applicants with Bachelor degrees and even if I do get one (very unlikely) , Ill have a very difficult time finding a job as companies want employees with very high skill in software programming.

    So guys, this is my query. I am willing to learn coding on my own from the internet while still studying my Bachelors. I need advice on what languages to learn as I am a total newbie to coding but I am willing to sacrifice other distractions and give my all to learn it. I want to know your advices on what programming language to learn and how to start teaching myself.

    Also, I've been doing some research and many people were talking about putting your work on GitHub but I really don't know the how or what. Please give me some informed advice on my situation. Thank you in advance.

    submitted by /u/MerdFinney
    [link] [comments]

    File name conversion python

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 09:03 AM PST

    I'm try to rename a text file with the .py ending to make it into a python file but it won't convert. Any advise?

    submitted by /u/Bruh-ad
    [link] [comments]

    How likely is it that I'll be able to get a night job?

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 08:46 AM PST

    Hello,

    I don't know that much about programming or the programming world. Are there many jobs that allow one to work at night, say, 4 to 12? There's another job I want to do during the day and I don't want programming to conflict with that. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/behind_her_eyes
    [link] [comments]

    Book about AI

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 01:55 AM PST

    Hi, what are some good books about AI? We need to read one for school.

    It can be a novel or just a informative book.

    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/ILikeSahne
    [link] [comments]

    LU-factorization with OpenMP, slow.

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 07:08 AM PST

    Hello, I have written a code which performs LU-factorization with OpenMP. I feel like the code is performing to slow. The computer I am working on have 16 cores and the time for 16 threads is 12.5s and for 4 threads 14.3s. This is the section of the code where the parallelization is happening. I am new to C programming and feel like I am missing something that is slowing the multithreading down. Im grateful for any advice.

    /*__Initialize lock__*/ omp_lock_t lock[n]; for(i=0;i<n;i++) omp_init_lock(&lock[i]); /*___Create theads____*/ #pragma omp parallel private(i,j,k,thread) num_threads(nThreads) { thread=omp_get_thread_num(); #pragma omp for schedule(static) for(i=0;i<n;i++) omp_set_lock(&lock[i]); if(thread==0) omp_unset_lock(&lock[0]); for(i=0;i<n;i++){ div=1/U[i][i]; #pragma omp for schedule(static) for(j=i+1;j<n;j++) L[j][i]=U[j][i]*div; #pragma omp for schedule(static) for(j=i+1;j<n;j++){ for(k=i;k<n;k++) U[j][k]=U[j][k]-L[j][i]*U[i][k]; if(j==i+1) omp_unset_lock(&lock[i+1]); } } } 

    submitted by /u/beathowl
    [link] [comments]

    is there any php proxy like "phproxy" that works with less bugs?

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 10:25 AM PST

    https://github.com/PHProxy/phproxy

    it fails when trying to sign in somesites and can't load sites that use hashtag in their url like this

    test.com/#/blahblah

    also it fails to load some sites.

    submitted by /u/Noooooooooooooopls
    [link] [comments]

    How do you verify third party packages/modules?

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 12:23 AM PST

    I work with Python a lot and with a lot of different third-party packages. Now I am wondering how can I make sure my requirements do not contain a nasty package? What are your strategies?

    submitted by /u/AxelJuraske
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment