• Breaking News

    Thursday, February 11, 2021

    Programmer calculator and LL parser made in C from scratch Computer Science

    Programmer calculator and LL parser made in C from scratch Computer Science


    Programmer calculator and LL parser made in C from scratch

    Posted: 10 Feb 2021 04:30 PM PST

    Brookhaven project improves GPU parallelism to boost data processing speed for big physics experiments

    Posted: 10 Feb 2021 08:09 AM PST

    Need an advice regarding Computer Networks

    Posted: 10 Feb 2021 11:27 PM PST

    Hello everyone! At my university we have started with a Computer Networks class and it is a disaster, the teacher does not give a crap about us nor about the knowledge we are getting. I am a highly motivated student and I want to learn but our teacher simply does not teach us shit. The book we are using is Computer Networks Systems Approach, however, I dont like it. Does any of you know a good book that covers the material needed? I would love to learn it, be it by myself, because I want to become a good software engineer. Thank you in advance!

    submitted by /u/Cross2409
    [link] [comments]

    I know this is an unusual question but does anyone remember this post?

    Posted: 10 Feb 2021 10:39 PM PST

    So there was this post in one of these computer science subs where this guy was kicking himself really hard as after he took a job with Netflix for 500k a year but could've taken a job with AirBnB for 2 mil a year. I know this is a real long shot but does anyone have the post saved/remember what sub it was in? The post was a couple of months ago if it helps.

    submitted by /u/smelt45
    [link] [comments]

    Trade School Style Software Coding Options?

    Posted: 10 Feb 2021 11:07 AM PST

    I was curious to get some input on bootcamps or software focused trade schools? I am trying to explore all options that would best fit my learning styles. I am currently trying to pursue my 4 year degree in CS, but not super pleased with the experience so far and the time table that will take to complete. I wanted to see if there was any alternative learning options anyone might be able to suggest that would be sufficient enough to help me acquire employment in the software development field. I like the idea of trade schools but don't want to toss thousands down the drain to be left with no career prospects.

    submitted by /u/hammersticks91
    [link] [comments]

    I'm interested in how Deliveroo's system works, specifically how it tracks, selects and talks to riders, but I'm a novice in this area and with computer science in general. Is there someone here that could help me understand the theory and concepts involved, or point me in the right direction?

    Posted: 10 Feb 2021 02:28 PM PST

    Details about Deliveroo's app software gained from 1st hand experience and my current understanding/speculations:

    The app uses a GPS system. Presumably, it tracks each rider. When a rider is available to accept an order the rider will receive a message asking them if they'd like to accept it. Assuming that there are multiple riders available in a local area at any time, then the software involved must have some way of selecting a rider before it sends them this message. Could it possibly select a rider by random or by some priority list, or perhaps it's based on proximity to the restaurant?

    Am I close?

    Any help is appreciated

    submitted by /u/Any-Jackfruit-1007
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment