• Breaking News

    Tuesday, February 18, 2020

    “Block Chains” vs “Block Pools”: A New Technology That Can Power a Decentralized Marketplace and Social Network Computer Science

    “Block Chains” vs “Block Pools”: A New Technology That Can Power a Decentralized Marketplace and Social Network Computer Science


    “Block Chains” vs “Block Pools”: A New Technology That Can Power a Decentralized Marketplace and Social Network

    Posted: 17 Feb 2020 10:15 PM PST

    Which Languages Will Be Most Useful??

    Posted: 17 Feb 2020 06:14 PM PST

    A lot of people in the comp sci field have stressed the importance of learning languages outside of class and I wanted a broader poll on which ones would be most beneficial to give extra attention to.

    submitted by /u/RubyWarfare
    [link] [comments]

    Need advice on an Online Masters in Computer Science program

    Posted: 17 Feb 2020 07:01 PM PST

    I'm looking at going back to school for an MS in Compsci. My background is in Applied Mathematics, but I'm more interested in a software development/engineering track overall.

    I've read that Georgia Tech is a good and affordable program, but there aren't as many class there that line up my desired career track.

    I was looking at the University of West Georgia degree in Applied Computer Science, which seems like it might be more towards my learning style (I don't like theory very much), but it's more restrictive (I.e., you can't pick from I'm a series of electives to broaden your horizons).

    Does anyone have any input on these programs?

    submitted by /u/mirarom
    [link] [comments]

    Polynomial time?

    Posted: 17 Feb 2020 10:31 AM PST

    Hi all, I'm doing a school project on what would happen if P=NP but I'm not necessarily very savvy on this kinda thing (I just thought it seemed really interesting). I was hoping that maybe someone knows a link or a simple way to explain what polynomial time is. Thank you!

    Edit: thank you for all your guys' help! I am just a high school kid explaining P vs NP to a room of other high school kids. I am familiar with the main idea of P vs NP but I just wanted to get to know the differences better.

    submitted by /u/bifocalzebra
    [link] [comments]

    Building Big Data Pipelines with PySpark + MongoDB + Bokeh

    Posted: 17 Feb 2020 09:51 PM PST

    Research

    Posted: 17 Feb 2020 12:34 PM PST

    What do IT consultants do for a living?

    submitted by /u/Geekatron09
    [link] [comments]

    CS is awful but I love it

    Posted: 17 Feb 2020 07:27 PM PST

    I love computer science and programming and data systems and networks and architecture and stuff, but at the same time, I hate all of it and its so frustrating when code won't do the thing that it's supposed to do, even though the thing is not that hard and your computer yells at you because you forgot a semicolon or a bracket somewhere. Computer science is awful and is a serial killer of social lives (in my experience).

    submitted by /u/riemannsumo
    [link] [comments]

    The CAP Theorem

    Posted: 17 Feb 2020 07:45 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment