• Breaking News

    Wednesday, May 22, 2019

    8bit CPU made from scratch using 74HC logic chips Computer Science

    8bit CPU made from scratch using 74HC logic chips Computer Science


    8bit CPU made from scratch using 74HC logic chips

    Posted: 21 May 2019 04:27 PM PDT

    I drew an interesting pattern to the Linux framebuffer

    Posted: 21 May 2019 01:41 PM PDT

    I was tinkering with the Linux framebuffer (fbdev) when I drew this:

    https://i.redd.it/d5qpanmlwkz21.png

    Using this C code:

    #include <fcntl.h> #include <stdio.h> #include <sys/mman.h> #include <unistd.h> #define XRES 1024 #define YRES 768 #define BPP 4 #define LEN XRES * YRES * BPP int main(void) { printf("\033[?25l"); rewind(stdout); int fbdev = open("/dev/fb0", O_RDWR); int *buf = mmap(NULL, LEN, PROT_READ | PROT_WRITE, MAP_SHARED, fbdev, 0); for(int x = 0; x < XRES; x++) { for(int y = 0; y < YRES; y++) { buf[y * XRES + x] = ~((x^y)-(x+y)); } } pause(); return 0; } 

    The above was compiled and run on a Debian Stretch VM running the Linux console with a graphic display resolution of 1024 × 768 pixels and a color depth of 4 bytes per pixel.

    Some observations of the pattern:

    • The perforated triangles are monocolored.
    • They are subdivided recursively into smaller triangles like the Sierpinski triangle.
    • They are isosceles right triangles, unlike the equilateral Sierpinski triangle.
    • Their legs lengths are powers of 2.
    • Some of them are hidden in the checkered blue triangles.

    Considering its shape and the use of exclusive or in generating it, I think the pattern has something to do with Rule 90.

    What do you think?

    submitted by /u/Sawuare
    [link] [comments]

    I'm a highschool student trying to find an apprenticeship. How can I up my chances?

    Posted: 22 May 2019 12:07 AM PDT

    I feel I have a quite good grasp on coding. I'm not amazing but I am above average.

    I've made a resume and some cover letters showing things related to code and similar things. I feel they are adequate. I've contacted many local start ups letting them know I'd like to talk about student opportunities. I conduct myself well and let them know I can catch up, work hard, and can work out a deal for my abilities.

    I've yet to hear back from a single place, even an acknowledgement. I know a big part of it is simply that they hear student and don't want to "waste" their time.

    Has anyone had a similar experience or know how I can up my chances?

    submitted by /u/WackoDesperado2055
    [link] [comments]

    What is the right term for sub-class of NP-hard problems that could be solved in poly-time?

    Posted: 21 May 2019 05:55 PM PDT

    Suppose, its only possible for a Deterministic Machine can only solve NP-hard problems in poly-time when given a certificate.

    This certificate tells the machine how to solve that particular NP-hard instance in poly-time. For example, a sub-class of n^2 x n^2 latin square completion can be done in poly-time with a certificate.

    Explained-here

    https://www.reddit.com/r/compsci/comments/bqj76u/confusion_of_doubleterms_of_npcompleteness/eoa4uqw/?context=8&depth=9

    Here, I have pseudo-code

    ../Running Backtracking Puzzle Solver ../Analyzing cyclic shift language of valid puzzle solved ../Discovering new cyclic languages to solve new instances of latin squares in poly-time. a = input('Can't decide correct mapping instance -Rice Theorem says no, human must decide for me') ../Solving special n x n box by backtracking to get certificate ../Now using cyclic language to shift elements correctly in poly-time ../Checking and Solved in Poly-Time ../Recording new cyclic languages to generate custom option for n^2 x n^2 filled grids in poly-time. ../Exit 

    Solving latin-squares is a NP-complete problem. So trivially, by backtracking the correct certificate to solve the rest in poly-time seems to be NP-hard.

    Wouldn't the decision problem of finding the certificate be NP-hard?

    Here's the certificate is two parts.

    G= certificate i = cylic language mapper/solver j = n x n box backtracked G(i, j) is the certificate. ./For j, shift into cyclic order i ./n x n box backtracked ./i maps out solutions of remaining n^2 x n^2 latin squares in poly-time 

    Update: I didn't say my puzzles are NP-complete, I said the decision problem is NP-complete.

    submitted by /u/Hope1995x
    [link] [comments]

    How to make algorithms fair when you don't know what they're doing: using "counterfactual explanations" to reveal how algorithms come to their decisions – without breaking into their black box.

    Posted: 21 May 2019 04:37 PM PDT

    AI Designing AI: An AutoML Review

    Posted: 21 May 2019 08:34 AM PDT

    Facebook Open-Sources Pythia for Vision and Language Multimodal AI Models

    Posted: 21 May 2019 02:07 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment