• Breaking News

    Wednesday, June 6, 2018

    Free MIT philosophy/math course -- 24.118x Paradox & Infinity -- covers philosophy of the foundations of compsci -- starts June 6! Computer Science

    Free MIT philosophy/math course -- 24.118x Paradox & Infinity -- covers philosophy of the foundations of compsci -- starts June 6! Computer Science


    Free MIT philosophy/math course -- 24.118x Paradox & Infinity -- covers philosophy of the foundations of compsci -- starts June 6!

    Posted: 05 Jun 2018 10:42 AM PDT

    Online courses on technical writing?

    Posted: 05 Jun 2018 10:47 PM PDT

    Hey, do you guys know of good online courses (MOOC) on technical writing? I've been writing more and more on my blog but I think some professional help would make it nice to read and structure. Basically creative/nonfiction writing is what I'm looking to improve.

    There are a bunch on Udemy, but I'm not sure which ones are worth buying. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/_sigo_
    [link] [comments]

    How do I recognise a max flow problem and construct and visualise its graph?

    Posted: 06 Jun 2018 12:09 AM PDT

    First, how do I recognise a problem can be solved via max flow algorithms?

    Secondly and most importantly, how do I construct the flow graph to visualize the problem from problems such as:

    You are running a dating agency and have m guys and f girls as customers. Each guy and each girl have reviewed all profiles of the candidates of opposite sex and have sent you their corresponding lists of people whose profiles they liked. Your task is to organise a largest possible number of first dates so that everyone meets at most one person of opposite sex and so that both parties liked each others profile (i.e., have included the other party on their list of people whose profile they liked).

    Or literally any of these problems.

    submitted by /u/coke21
    [link] [comments]

    What are some of the ethical issues facing AI, whether currently or in the future?

    Posted: 05 Jun 2018 11:35 PM PDT

    Relevant free courses online to help me get back into school?

    Posted: 05 Jun 2018 10:03 AM PDT

    Hi! So I did very poorly my first two years of school. I've reapplied to my uni and am taking classes this summer. I can only take 9 credit hours so I was thinking of doing some coursera or Udacity courses as well.

    Which courses do you all think would be relevant? I'm already taking Intro to Java and Data Structures.

    I haven't yet taken Physics I or II.

    Or would these even matter? I know they likely won't transfer for credit. But I think the effort and willingness to improve would show as being important.

    Edit: My classes for credit this summer are Data Structures, Calc I, and Intro to Creative Writing.

    submitted by /u/KTlearns2code
    [link] [comments]

    How is proof of work concept applied to prevent Byzantine failures in Bitcoin network?

    Posted: 05 Jun 2018 09:47 PM PDT

    Could someone please explain in simple terms how is Byzantine Fault Tolerance applied in Bitcoin? How is Proof of work used to prevent Byzantine failures in distributed systems?

    submitted by /u/SepticPeptides
    [link] [comments]

    Is there an intersection of Bioinformatics and Computational Geometry?

    Posted: 05 Jun 2018 04:10 PM PDT

    I'm interested into answering the above question. Or more specifically the question "could you name some algorithms from computational geometry that are applied in bioinformatics" ?

    Links, material is appreciated.

    I own Preparata's book and have a printed copy of Shamos' thesis, but as far as I remember there isn't a clear link between the two fields, at least to me.

    submitted by /u/onetwosex
    [link] [comments]

    Modeling supersonic flows and turbulence on Argonne's Mira supercomputer

    Posted: 05 Jun 2018 10:20 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment