• Breaking News

    Sunday, February 11, 2018

    Frankenstein's list - a modernized doubly linked list in C++. With bunch of illustrations. Computer Science

    Frankenstein's list - a modernized doubly linked list in C++. With bunch of illustrations. Computer Science


    Frankenstein's list - a modernized doubly linked list in C++. With bunch of illustrations.

    Posted: 10 Feb 2018 09:04 AM PST

    [AI] Question about Admissible Heuristics

    Posted: 10 Feb 2018 08:53 AM PST

    Question1: Are admissible heuristics closed under addition?

    Question2: in particular, in the 8 puzzle problem, is the sum of these heuristics still admissible?

    • Manhattan distance
    • Number of tiles out of row + Number of tiles out of column
    • Linear conflict

    because the combination of these heuristics produces an optimal solution with the fewest configurations for me.

    submitted by /u/o1_complexity
    [link] [comments]

    Best Math classes to replace applied CS courses (Interested in CS theory)

    Posted: 10 Feb 2018 09:07 AM PST

    Hi, I just switched my major from Math to Computer Science because my school doesn't allow double majors or minors really (we have a strict 140 credit limit). The CS program here is relatively applied in my opinion. So I went and talked to the Department head of CS and asked about substituting upper division math courses for some of the applied courses since I am interested in grad school in CS. The courses I am thinking of replacing are 1. Web Engineering, 2. Operating Systems, 3. Only take 2 of the 4 software engineering courses required.

    I am not sure which math courses would be best to use instead of these other course.

    For the CS major we have to take Calc I, Linear Algebra, Discrete Math I&II, Intro to Stats and that is it. I have taken Calc I-III, and currently in DEQ's, Linear algebra, and Intro to Stats.

    The courses I am thinking of taking are 1.Intermediate Statistics, 2. Applied Linear Regression, 3. Advanced Probability, 4. Advanced Bayesian Stats.

    I am also interested in taking Numerical Analysis I&II (these are only offered in the math department). And there is also a intro to proof course, advanced calculus (Analysis) and abstract algebra that might be useful.

    I can only pick around 4 or 5 of these courses to replace some of the applied courses in my major. I am interested in Machine Learning/data science, Computational complexity, computational geometry/graphics, also very interested in a computational neurosciences program with a heavy CS focus.

    Here is a link to my program requirements: http://www.byui.edu/catalog/#/programs/NyW7f7-nsZ?bc=true&bcCurrent=Computer%20Science&bcGroup=Department%20of%20Computer%20Science%20and%20Electrical%20Engineering&bcItemType=programs

    submitted by /u/TheKracken5
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment