• Breaking News

    Saturday, December 4, 2021

    3D Audio Waveform Visualizer with Three JS web developers

    3D Audio Waveform Visualizer with Three JS web developers


    3D Audio Waveform Visualizer with Three JS

    Posted: 03 Dec 2021 09:32 PM PST

    We made a generator that creates random UI layouts that you can complete in our visual editor

    Posted: 04 Dec 2021 12:52 AM PST

    How does YouTube efficiently show view counts on videos?

    Posted: 04 Dec 2021 12:16 AM PST

    I have read that database counts are expensive. So how does YouTube (or any other high traffic site for that matter) manage to show semi accurate view counts on all videos?

    submitted by /u/gohanhadpotential
    [link] [comments]

    I've been tweeting UI tips for the whole year. Then collected them in a book. Should be useful for front-end devs and founders.

    Posted: 04 Dec 2021 01:48 AM PST

    How long did it take for you to be a proficient self-taught full stack web developer?

    Posted: 03 Dec 2021 09:12 PM PST

    Just as the title reads. I've been learning HTML, CSS and SASS for a little while and I'm about to jump into Javascript. Just wondering how long it took some of you to get to where you believed you were pretty decent at being a web developer. I'm getting a little discouraged at how complicated learning all these technologies are.

    submitted by /u/dlogoh
    [link] [comments]

    Directing a Subdomain to a Specific Port

    Posted: 04 Dec 2021 12:21 AM PST

    This is not a web development question, but more a hosting question. Before I ask, let me first state what is my intention and what I have set up on my network.

    1. I have a domain name that points to my WAN IP. My modem/router port forward 80/443 to my Synology NAS. I used it for NextCloud. It works.
    2. I have another domain name that I have pointed to my WAN IP and are port forwarded by the following: 8000, 8001, 32400 to my Asustor NAS. 8000/8001 are for server access and 32400 for Plex which is being hosted on the Asustor NAS.
    3. My intention: I want my second domain name to point (example.com) to 32400 and (server.example.com) to point to 8001 (preferably).

    I am pulling my hair out trying to figure this out. My second domain will obviously point at 80/443, but won't reach it since there will be a mismatch in certificates. Each domain has its own certificate and its own NAS server.

    Any suggestions would be appreciated! I am using NameCheap to host my domains. I've been told that there are special tools that can get this done, like redirection or an SRV record, but none of it seems to work. Redirection won't work because the certificate + HSTS being enabled will block incoming traffic.

    submitted by /u/veillerguise
    [link] [comments]

    How tight can deadlines be in this career field?

    Posted: 03 Dec 2021 10:44 PM PST

    Are they stressful? Do you find yourself needing to do work at home or after your work shift is over?

    submitted by /u/Scorpion1386
    [link] [comments]

    Learn about Elementor and web design in the 06-day Elementor workshop!

    Posted: 04 Dec 2021 01:05 AM PST

    Hey guys If any of you have a WordPress website and want to learn web design using elementor and build a website like mine muthusblog.com I suggest you give this workshop a go.

    Having A WordPress Site But Struggling To Design Your Pages? Imagine Never Having To Worry About Designing A Bad Page Again!

    Join the 06 Day Elementor Workshop conducted by Jackson Monichan today! Batch 11 commences on December 13th.

    Click the link to sign up now

    https://learnwptutorials.com/elementor-workshop/?ref=109&campaign=06DayElementorWorkshop

    Heres what you will learn Day 01

    13th December 2021, Monday What is Elementor Page Builder & How to use Elementor?

    Day 02

    15th December 2021, Wednesday Learn to Design a Page with Elementor in WordPress.

    Day 03 17th December 2021, Friday Create a Custom Header & Footer with Elementor.

    Day 04 20th December 2021, Monday Create Custom Blog Post Template with Elementor.

    Day 05 22nd December 2021, Wednesday Create a Landing Page with Elementor.

    Day 06 24th December 2021, Friday How to Create Popups with Elementor.

    Here's the link If you have missed it.

    https://learnwptutorials.com/elementor-workshop/?ref=109&campaign=06DayElementorWorkshop

    submitted by /u/RUTHLESS_RAJ
    [link] [comments]

    Digital Number Display with Tutorial

    Posted: 03 Dec 2021 09:07 PM PST

    I've recently been working on tutorials for simple JavaScript projects, and one which I've just completed is a digital number display, similar to what you'd see on an alarm clock. The approach I've taken is to use two web components which I've created, one to display a single digital digit, and one to display a full number by reusing the previous web component. The number for the element can be set directly via JavaScript or as an html input property.

    I have two resources I'll link to:

    • The YouTube Video, where I code in real time with some background music
    • The full tutorial, which outlines the full approach to implementation step by step.
    submitted by /u/byte-this
    [link] [comments]

    Any high quality open source react/react based web apps to study?

    Posted: 03 Dec 2021 11:47 PM PST

    I'd love to observe some design/architecture patterns in react/react-based web apps. Do you guys know any open source apps?

    submitted by /u/Domkustos
    [link] [comments]

    Advice for aspiring web developer

    Posted: 03 Dec 2021 11:29 PM PST

    Greetings. I will be majoring in CompSci this year and plan on pursuing a career in web development after graduation. University will teach me some basics, but I'm expected to teach myself various aspects of code and whatnot. The world of code and computer science is an endless one, and one never stops learning indeed. So, my question is, to anyone who is in the web dev field right now, what is the best way for me to get started? what should I focus on to specifically specialize my skillset in web development? For example, I came to find out that react.js and Javascript are the popular tools and language among other things. Should I mainly study and practice these two? or are there more tools/languages I should familiarize myself with. I don't want to be in the same category as the CompSci graduates who can't even write out a line of code when they are being interviewed for a job. I hope you educated web developers in this sub can guide me to the right path of what I should focus and study for the next 4 years of my uni life.

    All answers noted, thank you :)

    submitted by /u/jennahester
    [link] [comments]

    My first ever project.

    Posted: 03 Dec 2021 10:53 PM PST

    www.repetica.com - A flash card App.

    Built over a period of 2 months on and off. Couple of lingering bugs, and the UI is rather simple, but its functional. Would really appreciate it if you guys took a look around.

    Would you hire me?

    edit: clicking the link through reddit doesn't seem to work, please type it manually. There's no virus I promise.

    submitted by /u/_pomme_de_terre
    [link] [comments]

    Community highlight: Bramus Van Damme

    Posted: 03 Dec 2021 10:32 PM PST

    Enjoy reading YouTube video comments? and seeing dislike counts? I created a website using YouTube API to separate the comments into categories for easier reading e.g. comments with the most likes, comments with video time stamp etc. (Does not work for iPhone, as iPhone prohibit YouTube API)

    Posted: 03 Dec 2021 04:29 PM PST

    How to earn $1.5M in revenue from a JavaScript component

    Posted: 03 Dec 2021 10:09 PM PST

    run npm command and it showed this error sh:next:command not found

    Posted: 03 Dec 2021 09:56 PM PST

    When i tried to run the application by using this command "npm run dev" it showed the error sh:next:command not found. I tried to google what is sh and next are but i cant find the solution. I am new to this so

    submitted by /u/lazycatlovespho
    [link] [comments]

    Is there someplace I can find a list of all registered sites under a particular domain?

    Posted: 03 Dec 2021 09:26 PM PST

    Like if I wanted to see all sites registered (taken) that end with .bar or .club how would I do that?

    submitted by /u/heiland
    [link] [comments]

    Computer recommendation

    Posted: 03 Dec 2021 09:20 PM PST

    Sorry if this is has been asked I'm really curious to learn from this community specifically. I have a surface laptop 3. It works okay for everything besides running VS CODE for my WebDev class(I'm a CS student). Literally turns into my grandpas computer with all the files I use when doing projects. I'm looking to get a Mac book pro to replace it. I just bought this computer not too long ago and also used the warranty for a replacement so I'm not stoked on dropping more money and want to get something that will hopefully last me awhile and make my schooling more efficient. I am wondering how different the newest model MBP and the second newest are in terms of running the developer programs. I plan to get the 16 inch so will automatically have Atleast the "intel 9th gen core I7" for the older model and the new one has "Apple M1 pro chip". Would it be worth it to spend the extra 500-700$ in your opinion? Are there any other perks I may not be aware of for developers on the new model? My tutor said to either go with a desktop PC or a MacBook if I want to be portable. Any help is appreciated!

    submitted by /u/Justagurl-_-
    [link] [comments]

    React MERN Advanced Project Ideas Suggestion [Project Ideas]

    Posted: 03 Dec 2021 09:05 PM PST

    Hello there.

    I am currently a Masters student and have been learning React and building a few frontend as well as full-stack web apps to learn the MERN stack.

    As my semester will be ending in couple of weeks and I will have some free time, I wanted to ask for suggestions to build any full-stack app which would be considered advanced/expert and which are different from the traditional web app projects you see in tutorials.

    Would help me hone my MERN skills as well as have something good to display for my portfolio.

    Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/gunners_10
    [link] [comments]

    Noob question: alternatives to querystrings

    Posted: 03 Dec 2021 08:51 PM PST

    I'm building an ASP.NET/C# web application with a backend database (SQL Server). There are multiple tables in this database, and some tables are bound to others by foreign keys (thus, there are child records).

    I have two pages, A and B. Page A shows details about a parent record. Page B shows details about a child record. There is a button on page A that creates a child record (passing the Unique ID of the parent record as a parameter) and redirects to page B to display it.

    The information about the parent record is in a querystring. The button on page A needs to read the querystring to pass the foreign key information to the database.

    But being a noob, I'm paranoid about querystrings. I don't like the possibility that a user could tamper with it and create a child record that points to the wrong parent record.

    I can think of two ways to avoid this issue. Maybe there are others.

    • I could use an alternate redirect that prevents the browser from displaying the address/querystring.
    • I could store the parent key value in a session variable (more overhead, harder to maintain?)

    Really, I have two questions:

    • Is my fear about tampered querystrings founded?
    • If so, what alternatives are available and how do I choose among them?
    submitted by /u/FunnierThanHamlet
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment