• Breaking News

    Friday, March 19, 2021

    The Helsinki full stack web development's 2021 course is now open learn programming

    The Helsinki full stack web development's 2021 course is now open learn programming


    The Helsinki full stack web development's 2021 course is now open

    Posted: 18 Mar 2021 01:29 PM PDT

    The courses for this year is now open, I think it's a really great resources, and it's free..

    So enjoy :D

    The link : https://fullstackopen.com/en/

    submitted by /u/choukri6666
    [link] [comments]

    Can you please provide me the platform where I should learn algorithms

    Posted: 18 Mar 2021 09:59 PM PDT

    I want to be a front-end developer and I want to learn algorithms first. So, can you please tell me the name of some online free platform or website which provide the best algorithm course.

    submitted by /u/theonetechnologies1
    [link] [comments]

    Coding a telegram bot

    Posted: 18 Mar 2021 07:28 PM PDT

    I'm planning on writing a telegram bot using Python, my only question is whether the server needs to be running in order for the bot to spit out replies.

    The bot will simply spit out the simple text depending on the message. Stuff like /rules or /upcoming. Would I need to host it on Heroku or something? I just want to be able to run it, set it, and forget it. Don't want to literally have a python file running a server on a local machine 24/7.

    submitted by /u/310990
    [link] [comments]

    Self-taught developer learning the MIT CS Curriculum

    Posted: 18 Mar 2021 10:04 AM PDT

    I have learned iOS development for last 5 months and now i am doing part time work in upwork but i decided i should know the fundamentals of computer science to become a good programmer and found the MIT OpenCourseWare and after some research I decided what courses from MIT cs curriculum i am gone to take .

    18.01(calculus 1) -> 6.042j(discrete math) -> 6.06(algorithms)

    6.0001(intro to programming) -> 6.005(Sowftware construction in java)

    which courses would you recommend to add to this list , or which of them to remove?

    i have done 7 lectures from 6.0001 and 2 lectures from 18.01.

    I also think to make a blog about my journey is it good idea would it be interesting to people?

    submitted by /u/Academic_Evidence641
    [link] [comments]

    Trouble loading fonts on development server

    Posted: 19 Mar 2021 01:03 AM PDT

    So I'm creating a full stack React/Node site, my custom fonts don't load on half my pages so far though, one with loads of content and one with no content..

    I've put a preload in for them in in the HTML index page and lowered the UTF range I was using.

    I'm assuming its because I'm on a ubuntu virtual machine on my laptop using 5gb ram, is there anything I can do to make it work? I think I can add more ram eventually but is there another fix?

    submitted by /u/Whisky-Toad
    [link] [comments]

    i created a simple app as my first project with help of a tutorial , can i put it in github?

    Posted: 19 Mar 2021 12:41 AM PDT

    i created a simple todo app with help of a tutorial with react js . about 60-70% of the implementation of it is mine but things like styling and one of the components is exactly what was in the toturial but most of it i approached it differently , can i add that to github?

    submitted by /u/jsdeveloper_front
    [link] [comments]

    I have a couple questions about creating an IOS app with swift

    Posted: 18 Mar 2021 08:37 PM PDT

    I've it's been taking classes outside of my school studies to learn swift. My goal is to have an app on the app store by the end of the year. I'm not really caring if it is a hit, its just a goal of mine I've had for some time now.

    So I know you create the UI/UX design within XDeveloper but can I also use Adobe XD and transfer the design from there into XDeveloper? I'm sorry if that is a dumb question but to me, it's a little easier creating a design in Adobe XD then it is in XDeveloper.

    Thanks!

    Edit: XCode not XDeveloper!! lol sorry

    submitted by /u/bobbyslapps
    [link] [comments]

    Audio mixer in python

    Posted: 18 Mar 2021 12:52 PM PDT

    hey everyone, im trying to make an application for mac to be able to control the audio of individual applications, although i cant figure out how/ what library to use in order to get access to application sound data on macs. any help appreciated

    submitted by /u/Cadnerak
    [link] [comments]

    IOS APP DEVELOPMENT

    Posted: 19 Mar 2021 12:08 AM PDT

    I need help from you guys.

    I want to learn IOS app development course. Can somebody suggest me some best IOS app development course with certification which is strong enough to get a job?

    submitted by /u/samronaldo7
    [link] [comments]

    I'm not good at CSS

    Posted: 18 Mar 2021 11:25 PM PDT

    So, my work doesn't invlove any CSS work at all. But I am getting interested in it these days. The fact of the matter is this: I am not very good at CSS but I won't give up. I sometimes don't get it when to use them (css properties) and why I should use them. I guess lack of practice is also a thing. I was wondering if you could share some resouces (online tutorials, blogs,books... anything) and some practice sites maybe - which you found very helpful and effective and helped you to become how good you are with CSS.

    Thank you.

    submitted by /u/AbdullahMohammadKhan
    [link] [comments]

    Single Responsiblity Principle

    Posted: 18 Mar 2021 11:25 PM PDT

    Can someone explain the concept of SRP like I'm a 5 year old?

    submitted by /u/styada
    [link] [comments]

    We're all learning how to code to make a positive impact in society!

    Posted: 18 Mar 2021 06:51 PM PDT

    Just a reminder that we're all coding/ learning how to code to make a positive impact in people's lives, whether it's through Ease of Life, Safety & Security, Expanding the source of beneficiaries, creating a positive change in society, and most importantly for yourself- getting a job and supporting yourself financially.

    Try to create something meaningful that will make millions of live happy.

    Try to create something that has real value and solves/ addresses important problems such as Climate Change, Social Inequalities, etc.

    I recently made a website using APIs, JS, Node, & React that proves the reality and dangers of Climate Change. And also on how we can make a difference. (Unfortunately can't link because it has my name in it haha)

    Nonetheless, please just try to create something that positively impacts a society || solves an important issue.

    break;

    Source:

    -My Positivity

    -Link below for inspiration

    https://recro.io/blog/know-what-youre-coding-for-social-impact-that-your-efforts-make/

    submitted by /u/Puzzleheaded_WarfBI
    [link] [comments]

    Learning how to debug in browser inspector tools is so helpful

    Posted: 18 Mar 2021 10:07 AM PDT

    LPT : learn how to use your browser inspector to debug and when you start, log as much stuff to the console as you need. It has helped me a LOT to learn about how objects/events and all kinds of stuff is passed around and how the data structures work. yesterday I was being a noob and struggling with the "detail" property of a custom event in javascript and viewing the Event in the console made it click!

    submitted by /u/dualrectumfryer
    [link] [comments]

    How do you find the right terminology for your questions if you only have a vague idea?

    Posted: 18 Mar 2021 10:31 PM PDT

    Often as a beginner, I found myself making walls of text for situations I didn't know the terminology for or had answers to already (which usually resulted in angry internet people telling me so) but couldn't initially find it myself because the same wall of text is often indigestible by "Google." And while I still intend to ask some questions (but hopefully much less as to the point of writing this post) in this way if all else fails, I wanted to ask if anyone had some tips on how to deal with this dilemma. Yes I understand, reading the documentation of whatever "XYZ" program or API I am working with usually helps (you're not going to be the first to tell me) but in the more conceptual cases, are there any tips?

    submitted by /u/AtariPEWPEW
    [link] [comments]

    malloc-less char string inside a function in C

    Posted: 18 Mar 2021 06:42 PM PDT

    If something like this is inside a function, (but not being returned from it) will it leak memory or will it be destroyed? Because it cannot be freed.

    char* s = "abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz";

    Thank you

    submitted by /u/setdelmar
    [link] [comments]

    I honestly don't think I can do it

    Posted: 18 Mar 2021 06:41 PM PDT

    Everytime you explain to someone that you're stuck on an app or something they enthusiastically reply "you got this! You can do it :))))" my mom thinking im not trying hard enough because I haven't applied for a job after learning Android development. I've been working on this app for the past couple weeks and past couple days I've been stuck. Completely stuck I've made absolutely no progress and I can't stop thinking about the problem I've tried to just take a break but I just can't without funding a solution. I get so frustrated and I don't know what to do I never cry but after spending all my free time from work on this dumb app I almost just broke down. I honestly don't think I can do it. I enjoy it when it's fun but android development is never fun. Idek what to do anymore this is literally the hardest thing I've ever done in my life and no one understands.

    submitted by /u/YourBlanket
    [link] [comments]

    Stuck on beginner webscrappingstuff

    Posted: 18 Mar 2021 10:24 PM PDT

    I get the number 3 when i run my code, i think it is just picking up the number of h1 tags?

    .text is not working no matter where i put it, i am trying to scrap what is in h1, or at least i think that's what is supposed to happen?. I guess a year old tutorial is still too old to learn this stuff??

    Here is the code:

    url = 'https://12695.portal.athenahealth.com/' responce = requests.get(url) html = responce.text soup = BeautifulSoup(html,'html.parser') showparse = len(soup.find_all('h1')).text print(showparse) 

    output: 3

    submitted by /u/sirreginaldpoopypot
    [link] [comments]

    Should I include a project that was not chosen by a client?

    Posted: 18 Mar 2021 10:23 PM PDT

    Hello guys, I have a portfolio concern.

    To give a little background, I am a UI/UX designer by profession before I decided to study front end development 7 months ago (I just graduated 2 years ago). Now that I'm building a portfolio, I have this concern on a certain project.

    Before studying FDE, I made a website design for an international client (design only, no coding involved); it was one of the few projects I made before studying full-time. That design was not 'chosen' by them (they just didn't reply after I submitted the design mockups, not sure what really happened). Now, I read somewhere that it's better to include projects that are made under real-life circumstances (not just a simple to-do app, calculator app etc). I'm basically planning to code that project and include that in my portfolio. But would that make a good impression to potential recruiters despite of not being chosen by the client?

    And if I were to include it, since the client's business was to be released 2022, would that raise more problems since I'm sort of exposing something that should still be private? I was thinking of concealing the company name but would that even work??

    Considering the things above, should I bother to include it as a portfolio piece or just move on and build something else?

    submitted by /u/newavel
    [link] [comments]

    Can you explain what getters and setters are in javascript?

    Posted: 18 Mar 2021 04:19 PM PDT

    The simplest explanation possible.

    I feel like properties themselves are enough and don't see the point of extra things. It makes all so difficult to grasp.

    submitted by /u/genial95
    [link] [comments]

    Barely passed my data structures course. Any full featured online course I can use to retake it? Basically starting from scratch.

    Posted: 18 Mar 2021 02:33 PM PDT

    Ideally, I need a platform that will at least give me questions and test cases that I can use to check my answers. Resources to actually learn the conceptual material would be great as well, but unless I can verify that I'm implementing stuff correctly, I'll still feel like an imposter.

    Looking to implement data structures from scratch and practice some leetcode type questions that require these structures.

    I have an intensive algorithm analysis course coming up in my future. I also want to be able to solve leetcode medium/hard problems. (Right now, I can't even do easy problems).

    Language doesn't matter that much. Python or C is preferred though. I'd prefer if the course is free, but I'll consider paying for a course as well. Prefer to keep it under $50 unless something is light years better.

    submitted by /u/First-Challenge-8963
    [link] [comments]

    Is it worth it to invest in a 14 week bootcamp?

    Posted: 18 Mar 2021 09:56 PM PDT

    So I live in Portugal and i'm indecisive about joining a bootcamp or not. It costs 5000 euro and I am afraid of making this investment because what if I don't get a job? I have a previous programming course that helped me learn some programming, but now I want to step up. Would it be a good investment?

    submitted by /u/overflow238
    [link] [comments]

    How to send the result of a function to an inputText?

    Posted: 18 Mar 2021 09:45 PM PDT

    I would like to send the result of the search made in the database to the inputsText.

    But I don't know how to do that.

    In the case that I have a search field, this field receives the value that must be searched in the database.

    I would like to send the values ​​to the inputsText of my registration form.

    **Controller:**

    using FormularioAspNetMvc.Models;

    using System;

    using System.Collections.Generic;

    using System.Linq;

    using System.Web.Mvc;

    namespace FormularioAspNetMvc.Controllers

    {

    public class PessoasController : Controller

    {

    private CadastroContext db = new CadastroContext();

    public ActionResult Cadastro()

    {

    return View();

    }

    public ActionResult Buscar(string cpf, string busca = null)

    {

    string resultado = Convert.ToString(db.Pessoas.Where(resultado => resultado.CPF.Contains(busca)));

    cpf = resultado;

    return Content(cpf);

    }

    [HttpPost]

    public ActionResult CadastrarPessoa(Pessoa pessoa)

    {

    if (!ModelState.IsValid)

    {

    return View("Cadastro", pessoa);

    }

    db.Pessoas.Add(pessoa);

    db.SaveChanges();

    return RedirectToAction("Sucesso");

    }

    public ActionResult Sucesso()

    {

    return View();

    }

    public JsonResult ValidarCPF(string cpf)

    {

    var pessoa = db.Pessoas.Find(cpf);

    return Json(pessoa == null, JsonRequestBehavior.AllowGet);

    }

    }

    }

    **Model:**

    using System;

    using System.ComponentModel.DataAnnotations;

    using System.ComponentModel.DataAnnotations.Schema;

    using System.Web.Mvc;

    namespace FormularioAspNetMvc.Models

    {

    public class Pessoa

    {

    [Key]

    [Required(ErrorMessage = "Preencha o CPF.")]

    [Remote("ValidarCPF", "Pessoas", ErrorMessage = "Esse CPF já foi cadastrado.")]

    public string CPF { get; set; }

    [Required(ErrorMessage = "Preencha o nome completo.")]

    [MaxLength(100, ErrorMessage = "O nome deve ter até {1} caracteres.")]

    public string Nome { get; set; }

    [Required(ErrorMessage = "E-mail Inválido!")]

    [MaxLength(100, ErrorMessage = "O nome deve ter até {1} caracteres.")]

    public string Email { get; set; }

    }

    }

    **View**

    u/model FormularioAspNetMvc.Models.Pessoa

    @{ Layout = null; }

    <!DOCTYPE html>

    <html lang="pt-br">

    <head>

    <meta charset="UTF-8">

    <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0">

    <title>CADASTRO RCB</title>

    <link rel="stylesheet" href="~/Content/bootstrap.min.css">

    <link rel="stylesheet" href="~/Content/formulario.css">

    </head>

    <body>

    <div class="form-container">

    <div class="page-header">

    <h1>CADASTRO RCB</h1>

    </div>

    u/using (Html.BeginForm("CadastrarPessoa", "Pessoas"))

    {

    <div class="panel panel-primary">

    <div class="panel-heading">

    <h4>CADASTRAR DADOS</h4>

    </div>

    <div class="panel-body">

    <div class="row">

    <div class="form-group col-md-12">

    u/Html.LabelFor(model => model.Nome, htmlAttributes: new { u/class = "control-label" })

    u/Html.EditorFor(model => model.Nome, new { htmlAttributes = new { u/name = "nome", u/class = "form-control", placeholder = "Nome" } })

    u/Html.ValidationMessageFor(model => model.Nome, "", new { u/class = "text-danger" })

    </div>

    </div>

    <div class="row">

    <div class="form-group col-md-4">

    u/Html.LabelFor(model => model.CPF, htmlAttributes: new { u/class = "control-label" })

    u/Html.EditorFor(model => model.CPF, new { htmlAttributes = new { u/name = "cpf", u/class = "form-control", placeholder = "000.000.000-00", data_tipo = "cpf" } })

    u/Html.ValidationMessageFor(model => model.CPF, "", new { u/class = "text-danger" })

    </div>

    <div class="form-group col-md-4">

    u/Html.LabelFor(model => model.Email, htmlAttributes: new { u/class = "control-label" })

    u/Html.EditorFor(model => model.Email, new { htmlAttributes = new { u/name = "email", u/class = "form-control", placeholder = "E-mail" } })

    u/Html.ValidationMessageFor(model => model.Email, "", new { u/class = "text-danger" })

    </div>

    </div>

    </div>

    <div class="panel-footer">

    <input type="submit" value="Cadastrar" class="btn btn-primary">

    </div>

    </div>}

    </div>

    <div class="form-container">

    <div class="panel panel-primary">

    <div class="panel-heading">

    <h4>BUSCAR DADOS</h4>

    </div>

    <div class="panel-body">

    <div class="row">

    <div class="form-group col-md-4">

    <div class="form-group col-md-12">

    <div class="form-group col-md-12">

    u/Html.LabelFor(model => model.CPF, htmlAttributes: new { u/class = "control-label" })

    u/Html.EditorFor(model => model.CPF, new { htmlAttributes = new { u/name="busca", u/class = "form-control", placeholder = "000.000.000-00", data_tipo = "cpf" } })

    u/Html.ValidationMessageFor(model => model.CPF, "", new { u/class = "text-danger" })

    </div>

    </div>

    <div class="panel-footer">

    <input type="submit" value="Buscar" class="btn btn-primary">

    </div>

    </div>

    </div>

    </div>

    </div>

    </div>

    <script src="~/Scripts/jquery-3.1.1.min.js"></script>

    <script src="~/Scripts/jquery.mask.min.js"></script>

    <script src="~/Scripts/jquery.validate.min.js"></script>

    <script src="~/Scripts/jquery.validate.unobtrusive.min.js"></script>

    <script src="~/Scripts/mascaras.js"></script>

    <script src="~/Scripts/validacao_ptbr.js"></script>

    </body>

    </html>

    submitted by /u/Toquinhorob
    [link] [comments]

    How to create an stock API?

    Posted: 18 Mar 2021 11:54 AM PDT

    Well the title of this post is very unprecise so let me elaborate:

    I'm working in a batch program that is going to make like 7000 daily request to a stock API. I've been investigating through a lot of API options and I jumped into the conclusion that is going to be crazy expensive XD

    So I was in the "throne" mulling about it and I realized that all these existing APIs get their info from somewhere and maybe this source is free or at least cheaper.

    Now my question, where are these APIs getting their stock intel? This way I can create my own api (with blackjack and hookers ). Do you have any idea? Any lead?

    submitted by /u/Dreamseeker5
    [link] [comments]

    How to check for invalid access on custom -> operator? (shared_ptr project)

    Posted: 18 Mar 2021 09:26 PM PDT

    I'm currently working on a project where we have to implement our own basic shared_ptr. One of the last things I'm having trouble with is getting the -> to throw an exception that I can catch.

     T* operator->() { // if ptr_ is pointing to a class member, return ptr_ if (ptr_) return ptr_; throw null_ptr_exception("null_ptr_exception, invalid operation"); } // The arrow operator shall return the pointer ptr_. Throws null_ptr_exception // on invalid access. 

    When I try to leave a variable uninitialized or set to nullptr, it still returns a value. Any help appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Responsible_Usual866
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment