• Breaking News

    Friday, March 12, 2021

    Feedback Friday #435 - Fresh Input

    Feedback Friday #435 - Fresh Input


    Feedback Friday #435 - Fresh Input

    Posted: 11 Mar 2021 11:31 PM PST

    FEEDBACK FRIDAY #435

    Well it's Friday here so lets play each others games, be nice and constructive and have fun! keep up with devs on twitter and get involved!

    Post your games/demos/builds and give each other feedback!

    Feedback Friday Rules:

    Suggestion: As a generally courtesy, you should try to check out a person's game if they have left feedback on your game. If you are leaving feedback on another person's game, it may be helpful to leave a link to your post (if you have posted your game for feedback) at the end of your comment so they can easily find your game.

    -Post a link to a playable version of your game or demo

    -Do NOT link to screenshots or videos! The emphasis of FF is on testing and feedback, not on graphics! Screenshot Saturday is the better choice for your awesome screenshots and videos!

    -Promote good feedback! Try to avoid posting one line responses like "I liked it!" because that is NOT feedback!

    -Upvote those who provide good feedback!

    -Comments using URL shorteners may get auto-removed by reddit, so we recommend not using them.

    Previous Weeks: All

    submitted by /u/Sexual_Lettuce
    [link] [comments]

    Recreating Splatoon effects using Unity! (Video includes source files)

    Posted: 12 Mar 2021 08:04 AM PST

    Should I create multiple games before starting on a 'real' project that I would do long-term?

    Posted: 12 Mar 2021 06:18 AM PST

    Is it necessary to create multiple smaller games before creating an actual project that you'd do long-term so you know what you're doing even if you have lots of experience with the engine?

    submitted by /u/Unscriptablee22
    [link] [comments]

    Free (CC0) Stylized Low Poly Stone Bridges pack to use in your projects

    Posted: 11 Mar 2021 03:53 PM PST

    How to rig a Low Poly pistol

    Posted: 12 Mar 2021 01:06 PM PST

    How to rig a Low Poly pistol

    In this video you can see how to rig a low poly hardsurface model with Blender 2.9:

    Low poly pistol Blender rig

    The full tutorial can be seen here

    https://youtu.be/pgLSHwex1dM

    submitted by /u/jayanam
    [link] [comments]

    Samurai Shodown 64 - Hyper Neo Geo 64 Prototype - a wild piece of dev history

    Posted: 12 Mar 2021 05:40 AM PST

    Twin Cars: levels where you can move both cars together and individually by just one swipe.

    Posted: 12 Mar 2021 07:09 AM PST

    Made a simple platformer game for IOS using unity. Got an email from a publisher about publishing my game with them. What should i do?

    Posted: 12 Mar 2021 07:54 AM PST

    I have published some games in the AppStore on my own which have very less downloads .

    A publisher mailed me about if i was interested in publishing my recent IOS game with them.

    I have zero knowledge about working with publishers so any advice or tips would me much appreciated.

    submitted by /u/notYOLO69
    [link] [comments]

    Making an indie emotional story 2d platformer in unity. writer needed to fix current story or create new story :)

    Posted: 12 Mar 2021 01:04 PM PST

    I have a decent background in programming and game design as well as art, I'm looking for a writer to help make this game better because i suck at writing lol, the story i have right now is alright but lacks some things. The story is about a ghost literally trying to find himself in the real world and going back through memories to find where things went wrong or how he ended up where is right now, the explanation for it all is an acid trip which means im going to have some very intense over saturated acid-like moments in between very mellow and smooth moments, but its a platformer overall telling a story. I'm most likely going to draw the whole game in a watercolor like style as it works well for the feeling im trying to portray. I can give more details to anyone thats interested. Currently some of the key elements to work around would be the sense of self realization and improvement throughout the story and a strong climactic end ig. Also, the more metaphorical and less words the better as its really a story about seeing things and experiencing the sounds and surroundings if that makes sense. I can give more details and exact things to incorporate if you want. given all of that, if there are any writers, or anyone that wants to help, dm me and i can give you my discord or insta or wtvr to chat more. Also, keep in mind this game will take a while as i am the one doing the art, sound design, and coding but it'd be great to have a friend and partner to work on it all with. have a good day everyone :

    submitted by /u/Ameno_Yurei
    [link] [comments]

    My game source code has been cloned, what should I do?

    Posted: 12 Mar 2021 10:29 AM PST

    I checked my github last night and realized that my repo had never been set to private and 4 users have cloned the repository of my nearly finished game. I immediately set the repo to private, however I'm wondering if there's any advice on what I can do to protect my now leaked game and assets from being published by someone else. While the likelihood of someone releasing it on the App stores seems small, I feel like I'm now up against the clock on beating the cloners to market as the game is near complete.

    Fortunately the Google Play keystore is password protected and I don't think there's any other sensitive information contained within.

    Any ideas on how to protect my game?

    submitted by /u/InnocentBystander10
    [link] [comments]

    FREE 8 bit Action Music Pack

    Posted: 12 Mar 2021 03:25 AM PST

    Hi everyone, here's the link to my free 8 bit action music pack https://maskedsound.itch.io/8-bit-action-music-pack

    4 music tracks and 2 stingers are included in this pack (both WAV and OGG files)

    The tracks were inspired by Super Mario and Mega Man music and was made in Logic Pro X with Super Audio Boy following the limitations of NES music (5 channels)

    The tracks were designed for Platformers and 2D Action games but would suit any game that needs that classic chiptune sound!

    Feel free to use them in your commercial projects, hope this small pack serves you well!

    You can listen to the pack here

    - maskedsound

    submitted by /u/maskedsound
    [link] [comments]

    Simple surface imperfections tutorial using Redshift

    Posted: 12 Mar 2021 04:12 AM PST

    Tried the element of "Transformation" in my game, what do you think? Does it interrupt the combat flow or doesn't seem out of place at all?

    Posted: 11 Mar 2021 07:59 PM PST

    A basic combat encounter with magic, transformation and lots of smacking. My game is an ARPG so I really want to hear about your first impression and feedback.

    submitted by /u/mzn528
    [link] [comments]

    How to meet people in the industry now ?

    Posted: 12 Mar 2021 10:34 AM PST

    With the Coronavirus, conventions are closed. Any alternative ?

    submitted by /u/FeuilleDAutomne
    [link] [comments]

    How do people create cutscenes and animations in canvas (html)?

    Posted: 12 Mar 2021 08:00 AM PST

    Hi,
    I am wondering how people make "cutscenes" on html canvas, what I mean by "cutscenes" are the animations between the playable parts of the game. Do they use canvas javascript for non-gameplay animations? I feel like there's a better way to do that or is that the only way?

    For example, I want to do something like the game "8bit love story".

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/dedotatedwams
    [link] [comments]

    What's a reasonable way to present large amounts of flavour text?

    Posted: 12 Mar 2021 01:49 PM PST

    I'm working on something rather lore focused, but I hate when I'm playing a game and I get lore bombed into skipping all text; so to avoid it I want to present only the essentials during main gameplay and have the extended lore be supplemental...

    ...

    But what's a decent way to have it be supplemental?

    Here's a few options I came up with first:

    1. Just do it

    2. Include a compendium/codex/lore page in the options somewhere for further reading

    3. Break up the lore into more and smaller chunks

    4. Have the lore be external to the game, such as in a wikia.

    5. Be more selective in writing and shorten the lore as a whole

    6. Cut it out, ain't no one reads it anyway!

    7. Load screen trivia

    G: Other

    submitted by /u/Lokarin
    [link] [comments]

    Giveaway: 3 Vouchers for Medieval Combat Sounds: +1000 sounds of Weapons Hit, Swings, Shields, Magic, Footsteps and more!

    Posted: 12 Mar 2021 01:18 PM PST

    It might not seem like much, but getting controller & keyboard/mouse support working in my game has been a great accomplishment for me. Do you think any other input methods are a must have these days?

    Posted: 12 Mar 2021 01:13 PM PST

    Making a commercial game open source - what license is suitable?

    Posted: 12 Mar 2021 09:22 AM PST

    I've released a game last month, and I'm considering making all source code open source soon. It turns out that there are not many suitable or commonly used licenses for such a thing. When I usually make code open source, licenses like MIT or GPL are sufficient. Because this is a commercial game, it's more difficult.

    The aim of publicizing the source is as follows:

    - Allow anyone to edit or modify the game.
    - Allow other to learn from the source code.
    - Prevent people from selling or distributing my game commercially.
    - Prevent people from using any of the code or assets commercially.

    I've seen examples of games that make the code open source, but protecting the assets. My game has no assets except for audio files because it's procedurally generated, so that won't work.

    An interesting example of paid software that is also open source is aseprite, it was released under a custom license.

    submitted by /u/schnautzi
    [link] [comments]

    Professional Game Designers: Does having a blog/YT channel help in getting a design job?

    Posted: 12 Mar 2021 01:02 PM PST

    As someone who wants to get into the industry someday, I've always thought it might be cool to start a blog or YouTube channel dedicated to video game design analysis. I don't think I'd want to do it full time (or as my only job); it would just be a way to put my thoughts out there and encourage discussion.

    Then, I thought about how game designers are normally hired for their portfolio/work they've put out into the world, and wondered whether a blog/YT channel about game analysis could be included in that.

    I'm curious, for any professionals: what would you say if you saw a blog/YT channel in someone's design portfolio?

    Any advice would be appreciated! :D

    submitted by /u/GhostOfSparta305
    [link] [comments]

    Game Design tutorials

    Posted: 12 Mar 2021 01:02 PM PST

    I'm looking for some ideas about game design: how to calculate in-game economy, balance resources, skills and so on.

    submitted by /u/Paulson88
    [link] [comments]

    Detailed feedback videos

    Posted: 12 Mar 2021 12:59 PM PST

    Hey everyone, I'm new to the whole feedback Friday thing and after I participated last week, I got the idea to provide feedback in videos. The idea is I would play a game, record my gameplay, then edit together a response video that gives detailed game design feedback based on my experience.

    I want to make this a show because it provides a good place to see what kind of feedback happens again and again. The point is to provide viewers with a way to learn from others' mistakes.

    I already have a show that deals with game design if you want to get a sense of what I'm doing here.
    https://youtu.be/IFzGki0cxbs

    Obviously, that show is a bit more cynical because it's fun to be that way for bigger developers.

    If you're interested, please use this link to submit! And thank you! I'm excited to try this out!
    https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScU9vUaezJq_tkdp2GyrseOfkCasQZDIe4F2D9pfeyxJXPFKA/viewform?usp=sf_link

    submitted by /u/Games_Over_Coffee
    [link] [comments]

    Free (unlicense) retro post process for Unity HDRP

    Posted: 12 Mar 2021 06:48 AM PST

    What are the best websites for game industry jobs in the UK?

    Posted: 12 Mar 2021 12:37 PM PST

    Are there any websites kinda like indeed or Reed but they specifically cater the gaming industry?

    submitted by /u/R_Jay101
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment