• Breaking News

    Thursday, February 11, 2021

    What are the essential programming languages for bug bounty? Where to start as bug bounty and cyber security? Ask Programming

    What are the essential programming languages for bug bounty? Where to start as bug bounty and cyber security? Ask Programming


    What are the essential programming languages for bug bounty? Where to start as bug bounty and cyber security?

    Posted: 11 Feb 2021 08:00 PM PST

    Is it legal/feasible to write a driver for a keyboard I bought?

    Posted: 11 Feb 2021 09:46 AM PST

    I own a GX gaming manticore keyboard, it doesn't have a windows 10 driver... bunch of keys don't work or do the wrong stuff, I am however too poor to buy another keyboard...

    would it be possible/allowed to write a driver myself? seems like a fun challenge...

    submitted by /u/xphlawlessx
    [link] [comments]

    Recommendations for learning databases?

    Posted: 11 Feb 2021 06:48 PM PST

    I have experience with front end development and api development, but my experience with databases is constrained to querying data from MongoDB / ES from a read-only cluster, and updating the fields by calling a third party api. I never "owned" any data.

    Now I have a project that consists of owning data, and I find myself way out of my comfort zone. I have set up a postgres database but I have very little idea wtf I'm doing. I have a production instance of the database, but what do I do for dev? I guess I 'clone' the prod one to dev, and then run my tests (not unit tests, just running queries to see if my code works)? How do I automate this process? Is this what migration is?

    I'm so out of my depth, and every article / video I see raises more questions than anything. What is a source where I can learn about all of this?

    submitted by /u/inmymozuk
    [link] [comments]

    Not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but noob question, why is releasing source code a bad thing?

    Posted: 11 Feb 2021 06:16 AM PST

    This is in reference to CDPR getting Cyberpunk 2077 source code hacked, but really any other programs. Does having the source code released mean the game can just be shared for free? Does it cause security risks for people who own legitimate copies of the game/program. Is the source code encrypted when you purchase a legitimate copy of the game? I have heard about source code leak a few time but never really understood what was entailed and the impact. Sorry if this is a silly question, I was just curious. Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/Reklaw3131
    [link] [comments]

    Language to automate filling and submitting forms on a webpage

    Posted: 11 Feb 2021 07:40 PM PST

    I'd like to write some sort of script that takes inputs to fill in the forms of Baseball Savant's search function, submits the search, and then downloads the results as a CSV file (which the page has a button for). I'm assuming Javascript would be the best language for this, but I'm really only familiar with HTML and java so I don't know how it would be used on an external webpage. I also know some python but don't know how to interact with webpages using it.

    submitted by /u/MJA94
    [link] [comments]

    I'm an engineering student, and I am having real trouble selecting a topic for my final year project. Can anyone suggest something?

    Posted: 11 Feb 2021 01:06 PM PST

    I'm currently in my 6th semester of IT Engineering, and we are asked to decide 3 topics for our final year and present ppts for the same by next week. Then out of those 3 topics, one will be selected by the teachers. The project can be from any domain (be it Cloud computing, data mining etc.). I was thinking of making an Android app/windows software, but can't decide on a topic. All the topics I saw online seem very boring, and repetitive. I need something unique, and interesting. If anyone here has any such unique ideas and are willing to share them, I'll be grateful!!

    Thank you!

    PS: I wasn't sure where I can ask something like this. I googled for the subreddits and found this one.

    submitted by /u/keerusingh
    [link] [comments]

    How to solve this problem with running C code on vscode?

    Posted: 11 Feb 2021 05:49 PM PST

    I am fairly new to using VSCODE , what i usually do when i want to compile my code i use the terminal and write gcc file.c -o test and then ./test , and it worked fine until today , it wasn't working anymore i get these messages :

    https://ibb.co/k3LPhd3

    and when i tried running it through CTRL-F5 i get this

    https://ibb.co/tH3yX9n

    and with code runner i get this : vscode Acc s refus . [Done] exited with code=1 in 0.752 seconds

    I really appreciate any help.

    submitted by /u/Miyninos
    [link] [comments]

    what knowledge would i need for a discord bot?

    Posted: 11 Feb 2021 04:29 PM PST

    I know basic js,html,css and built my first todo app in chrome. im wondering what other things would i need to learn. i honestly dont know where to look at. just a hint in the direction would be great! thanks to all who answer.

    also when it comes to twitter and reddit bots. what would i need? thanks again

    submitted by /u/mykeyboardiswireless
    [link] [comments]

    Creating dijkestra visualization with python/java

    Posted: 11 Feb 2021 04:20 PM PST

    Hello, iv recently completed my algorithms course at uni and I want to make one of those coding visualizations. I want to code out dijkestra and show it working visually in real time somehow. I can code the algorithm just fine but idk how show it visually.

    Any help is appreciated, thanks

    submitted by /u/PhaseShift1234
    [link] [comments]

    Currently suffering a bad case of tennis an golfers elbow in both arms but want to pursue programming as a career

    Posted: 11 Feb 2021 09:58 AM PST

    I cant tell you how depressing this is. Anyway looking for advice from anyone thats suffered this. Whats the best set up for this. I see lots of things like wrist rests mouse rests mouse rollers everything but im broke af. I dont know what to do or where to get an answer for this? Whats the"set up" for helping with tennis and golfers elbow when programming at home? Pls any advice is welcome.

    submitted by /u/samuraiprick
    [link] [comments]

    Whats the use of classes and methods/functions in programming jobs?

    Posted: 11 Feb 2021 12:07 PM PST

    I got a question for anyone working a job in the programming field. Do you guys actually use a ton of classes and methods in your codes/scripts? I'm a freshmen in college with a comp sci major and recently have been assign a ton of projects with a ton of class and method usage. I took 4 years of programming in high school and although we did do classes near the end of my AP comp sci classes, it was never so consistently and overwhelmingly required to solve the assignment. I can see how classes can be useful for a lot of different types of data in certain cases to keep everything organized, but for making a programming for example a "quadratic formula", I don't see much use. Any feedback would be much appreciated. Also the college class I mentioned is in C++ for detail.

    submitted by /u/EmotionalMulberry510
    [link] [comments]

    Devs using a headless CMS, what are you using and would you recommend it?

    Posted: 11 Feb 2021 02:50 AM PST

    Also do you know any others that are on your radar that you're thinking looks good?

    submitted by /u/porcupineapplepieces
    [link] [comments]

    Reduce API response time

    Posted: 11 Feb 2021 09:36 AM PST

    I am creating a basic project in MERN stack with APIs for CRUD operations. My api takes 2 ms to fetch 100 objs from Mongodb. When there are 10k objects, how to reduce the API response time?

    submitted by /u/back__from__dead
    [link] [comments]

    Questions for developer

    Posted: 11 Feb 2021 03:19 PM PST

    I'm taking a course to get a certificate in full stack engineering and I need to interview a web developer for a graded assignment. It's just a few questions about what it's like to actually work in the industry. If you're willing to help please dm me.

    submitted by /u/another_water_bottle
    [link] [comments]

    Is ruby a good coding language?

    Posted: 11 Feb 2021 11:31 AM PST

    Hi guys, Im new in reddit and a friend told me the programming community here is really friendly. I wanted to ask what are you guys opinion on ruby. I'm not an expert programmer but I have some experience When I started programming In middle school and high school I heard something about ruby but I never investigated more about it. So Basically I wanted to know if you guys think its a good coding language or not.

    Thanks! :)

    (apologize I might have some grammar errors english is not my first language) :P

    submitted by /u/Tovarishsergi
    [link] [comments]

    Health advice

    Posted: 11 Feb 2021 11:16 AM PST

    I am currently a cs college student who has been programming for around 9 ish years. Recently I have started to get concerned about the health risks associated with spending so much time sitting in front of a screen typing on a keyboard. I really want to start investing in my future health and was wondering if any of you all have suggestions to help with posture health and ergonomic issues. I just want to be able to have a long career programming and don't want it cut short by arthritis or back pain. Thank you all in advance for any suggestions!

    submitted by /u/TragicCone56813
    [link] [comments]

    What should I study if I want to make an application which can scan mobile in a certain radius and can send and receive messages, just like those dating apps.

    Posted: 11 Feb 2021 04:21 AM PST

    Should I upgrade from HDD + Optane to an M.2?

    Posted: 11 Feb 2021 02:20 PM PST

    I'm thinking about changing my HDD + Optane for a 512GB M.2. I've started working as a web developer and found out that my laptop is having a very difficult time compiling and loading my programs (IntelliJ IDEA, web browser, terminal, and other communication software) so I thought about upgrading it. Do you think it will be worth the money and solve the problem? Do you have any other recommendations?

    Thank you all

    submitted by /u/Gabo_99
    [link] [comments]

    Question about the Task Manager

    Posted: 11 Feb 2021 01:40 PM PST

    A few question actually, firstly, what actually happens when I click "End task"? What does the Task Manager do that is different to clicking the X on the window/Ctrl+C in the terminal?

    Secondly, why is it that in some cases programs seem to be immune to the Task Manager when they freeze? I can't think of any off the top of my head but I remember it happened to me a few times

    submitted by /u/yonatan8070
    [link] [comments]

    Live Sessions: How is it built?

    Posted: 11 Feb 2021 02:58 AM PST

    Hey! I have been googling around for a term describing this type of technology:

    What I want is the function of a "live session"; for instance live streaming, phone calls or live games: where data isn't fetched from a database but rather instantly transmissioned via the client to anyone connected to the "session", "stream", "game room" or whatever you wanna call it.

    What is the term I am looking for? What is this technology called?

    I know my way around google and stackoverflow, but in this case I don't know the name of what I am looking for.

    Thank you!!

    submitted by /u/sriyukteswar
    [link] [comments]

    What happens behind the scenes when files are transferred from a USB to another?

    Posted: 11 Feb 2021 09:09 AM PST

    Do the files get temporarily saved on the computer and then get transferred to the second USB?

    Is it the same when files are transferred from a USB to a cloud service?

    submitted by /u/IFoundedApple
    [link] [comments]

    I'm creating a GUI for a medical device which will be used in the OR, what do i need to be aware of?

    Posted: 11 Feb 2021 06:51 AM PST

    I'm creating a piece of software for a medical device that will be used by surgeons in the OR, what do i need to be aware of? One component of the software is going to be a GUI for the surgeon to interact with, what languages and frameworks are best suited for this?

    submitted by /u/HeyRobin_
    [link] [comments]

    Generating 3D models?

    Posted: 11 Feb 2021 06:49 AM PST

    Okay so this is kinda complicated so I'll do my best to explain, I want to make a breeding game were you collect monsters and can breed them to produce hybrids. So a child would be generated by reading both parents genes and using that to construct the child's genome. But once I've got the child's genome how do I translate that into a 3D model? I've seen something similar in no man's sky and species so I know it's possible, but I have no idea where to even start

    Sorry if it's confusing, but I hope you guys at least get the gist of it

    submitted by /u/Hermit_Unicorn
    [link] [comments]

    AI Development

    Posted: 11 Feb 2021 05:27 AM PST

    Hello all, I hope you are all doing well in these times. If this isn't the place for this please let me know, and kindly point me in the right direction.

    My team and I are utilizing a robot with automated navigation skills to be used for work in multiple retail industries. The robots utilize android OS, and lidar for navigation. The robot itself is open source, so we believe sky is the limit when it comes to developing applications for this robot. We plan to use open source applications to build upon and help our robot fulfill different tasks, communicate with other robots and many other items. We currently have 2 businesses ready to accept and implement our product, I currently have investors who understand the potential of our concept, and we have access to an unlimited amount of investors if more cash is needed for development. We plan to implement this concept across the country in multiple settings, so the potential for this to be disruptive is there.

    I am looking for developers that know they can work on something with AI and navigation, someone who could potentially cause all the bots to communicate so they work synergistically to complete tasks, someone who can help us identify open source apps or sites to be used to complete the tasks we've chosen, and MOST importantly someone with a positive attitude that's easy to work with and is flexible in their thinking.

    If this is you please let me know by sending a DM. If you have any advice or input or questions please chat here or send me a message. Also, I have to be vague about specifics of what we are doing as we keep our business information proprietary, that's why I'm encouraging you to reach out, and we'll set up a zoom meeting for you.

    Thank you for reading, thank you for your help, and thank you for what you do!

    -Andrew

    submitted by /u/avjrobot
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment