• Breaking News

    Thursday, February 4, 2021

    Safari 14.1 comes with date input type support 🎉 web developers

    Safari 14.1 comes with date input type support �� web developers


    Safari 14.1 comes with date input type support ��

    Posted: 03 Feb 2021 08:12 PM PST

    Not enough experience for a junior dev position what to do?

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 12:55 PM PST

    Hello, I'm a self-taught developer (coding for 4 months) from the UK and I've been applying for junior dev positions and apprenticeships.

    I've had 2 interviews in the last two weeks and have received feedback from both which basically stated that they love my portfolio and all the projects I've done in this short amount of time and that the interviews and technical challenges went great but they ended up going for someone with a bit more experience.

    I lost my job which was customer service near the end of December due to the company closing down.

    should I try my luck and keep applying for developer positions? or should I find another boring customer service job in the meantime and keep working on my portfolio till I have a year of self-taught under my belt?

    any advice would be great, my portfolio is here.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/mimocheese
    [link] [comments]

    As a beginner self taught web dev, this image scares me so much

    Posted: 03 Feb 2021 05:36 PM PST

    AIO phpmyadmin v1.1 - With fixes as per your requests guys.

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 01:23 AM PST

    Is this buildable with flex, where flexboxes (of variable height) can stack below each other, rather than sitting on a new row? Or is it more of a grid thing?

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 09:56 AM PST

    Building w/ BRACKETS on Zoom

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 12:54 PM PST

    DM ME IF INTERESTED IN GROUP PROJECT/LEARNING EXPERIENCE!

    I'm a total noob. I know a little about html but not really. Any people interested in building a website with me from scratch on zoom AND willing to help me learn.

    I would love to start a group project with anyone that wants to learn or help me learn or just generally work together.

    My name is Olivia. I just started programming on Khan Academy last summer. Now I'm using both Khan and freecodecamp, but I really want to work with other people.

    If you're interested in a Zoom meeting just dm me and I will make a group chat with other people also interested, so we can schedule a time and what website we want to build. I vote something cartoon related.

    submitted by /u/Mom-Look-Im-Famous
    [link] [comments]

    Is using Bootstrap actually slower than not using it?

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 03:23 PM PST

    I'm doing the Odin Project CSS course and there's a task on recreating a website using Bootstrap (https://www.theodinproject.com/courses/html-and-css/lessons/using-bootstrap).

    At this stage, I feel confident recreating websites by writing the HTML first then doing the CSS afterwards.

    With this task though, it seems like I have to add a ton more divs than normal and look up dozens of utility classes to get anything done. Nothing really makes much sense.

    Is Bootstrap actually worth sticking with?

    submitted by /u/ShinHayato
    [link] [comments]

    Discord groups for developers

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 01:09 PM PST

    Hello, is there any discord groups out there for developers?

    submitted by /u/SnooWords395
    [link] [comments]

    Curl: This is How I Git

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 01:05 PM PST

    Handling large chat messages in a live-stream

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 02:38 PM PST

    How does large apps like YouTube Live, Discord, and Twitch handle that many chat texts that users post on a live-stream without lagging? Does they delete old messages, and then load them again if the user scrolled up?

    submitted by /u/tranetags
    [link] [comments]

    Animated CSS Grid

    Posted: 03 Feb 2021 07:56 PM PST

    A website with a starter pack file with all assets and fonts?

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 12:00 PM PST

    Hey,

    I'd like to train more my html/css/js skill and sometimes I'm lazy to do find all the fonts, colors, images etc.

    My question is if there is some website where somebody already made a design and provided all necessary assets to create the website so I can jump right into the coding.

    Thanks for any suggestions!

    submitted by /u/panveduci
    [link] [comments]

    What kind of technical documentation do you have on your current project?

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 06:38 AM PST

    There are a lot of discussions about whether documentation useful or not, and how to support it. But nonetheless, a lot of teams do have it and they find it useful. I'm curious about do you people have technical documentation and what kind?

    Maybe it's a graphical overview of main modules or just a bunch of pages in Confluence? Or even class diagrams of specific parts of code?

    Please share your thoughts!

    submitted by /u/eeugene0
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to access data from pc games (csgo/valo) by a third party application?

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 11:14 AM PST

    So I'm working on a project where I need to get the information about the id(s) (that are visible while playing) of teammates and opponents while playing a game (csgo/valo) without modifying the game itself.

    1) No modification of the game itself.

    2) Data access by another app

    ( If not, is it possible via some light weight mods which can't be detected by the csgo/valo servers themselves)

    submitted by /u/anvaykar
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a customizable open source dashboard with widgets and integrations, anyone have links or suggestions?

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 07:20 AM PST

    I have googled and googled but found nothing quit right. I am looking for something like the chrome extension custom homepage dashboard, but self hosted, with integrations to like gmail, some weather api, github (issue tracking), custom api integration. I want to open this dashboard and see my

    • Server stats/health ie netdata others
    • the weather/forecast
    • to do items from ? Third party integration, Custom api or self-hosted backend
    • web bookmarks from ? Pocket, chrome, custom backend
    • latest tweets, rss feed, etc
    • latest emails from major providers

    What I did find-

    Google results are cluttered with UI templates and not actual projects or SAAS offerings, given that...

    Chrome Extension customer homepage dashboard - very close but would prefer a self-hosted solution that I could contribute to

    Freeboard - not updated in years but seems like a promising start

    Appsmith - seems like this could be tweaked to be sort of what I'm looking for

    Grafana - seems more geared towards server monitoring

    HTML UI templates like Tabler - of course all the integrations have to be built but at least there's a UI shell

    Several projects geared towars business analytics and not personal project management

    Several more abandoned projects

    Even a SAAS product that does all this would be cool if it was reasonable in cost.

    submitted by /u/zerospatial
    [link] [comments]

    V8 release v8.9

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 11:02 AM PST

    How to practice wordpress for cheap ?

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 08:37 AM PST

    Im not sure its the correct sub but can anyone recommend and help me understand all these deals on hosting websites. I just need (before i start doing websites for people here) to practice more and more and does it have to be a blog every time i create a website with the cheaper variants.

    Bluehost has a deal where it gives you unlimited space and unlimited websites and 1 domain for a year. That means i can practice all i want but why the unlimited websites and 1 domain ? That means i buy a domain and i can make and host a website for free ?

    Hostings you use and like would be much appreciated.

    submitted by /u/PsychoticBolt
    [link] [comments]

    Everything you need to know to get started with Tailwind CSS, the utility-first CSS framework ��

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 08:17 AM PST

    PythaScript - A JavaScript library that lets you use Python in your browser

    Posted: 03 Feb 2021 07:20 PM PST

    Is there something that generates the javascript needed to create a given html input?

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 03:20 PM PST

    Creating and appending a bunch of elements to recreate html takes me a while. I'd like it if there were a tool that I could copy the html into and it would give me the needed javascript to create that html.

    submitted by /u/seriousgourmetshit
    [link] [comments]

    Deep Dive into WebSockets

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 02:56 PM PST

    How do I set up an HTTPS server through Node that can make GET requests to Parsehub API?

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 02:41 PM PST

    I need to make up a node.js script that can make certain api calls to Parsehub's (webscraping service) api to get my scraped data. I was having trouble getting an api response and learned parsehub's api doesn't accept requests from a client, only from a server. Would appreciate some direction with this. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/uberkevinn
    [link] [comments]

    Netlify-like hosting for PHP (more specifically flat-file CMSs)? UPDATE: Cloudways is sketchy

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 02:14 PM PST

    It seems that there is no hosting platform that can support PHP, has a starter tier that can support multiple projects for a set monthly cost, and where you can deploy from a Github repo. Cloudways seemed perfect, but their sign up process is extremely sketchy where you have to send in a copy of government-issued ID (passport, driver's license, etc.). What kind of company (especially a hosting provider) does that?

    Company's I've looked at and/or tried:

    Netlify (amazing but doesn't support any backend)

    DigitalOcean App Platform (monthly price per app)

    Siteground (extremely expensive after the first year)

    Fortrabbit (monthly price per app)

    Cloudways (amazing platform but might have your identity stolen in the future)

    Heroku (does not work with flat-file CMSs)

    NearlyFreeSpeech (can not deploy from Github)

    If anyone has any other suggestions for a hosting provider that can (basically Netlify but can support PHP):

    1. support PHP (flat-file CMSs specifically)
    2. Has an affordable starter tier with unlimited projects
    3. can deploy from Github repo

    Any and all suggestions are extremely appreciated <3

    submitted by /u/localslovak
    [link] [comments]

    Can't find the technical name for it (if there are any)

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 02:12 PM PST

    Let's say i have a Records dataset/table. Records have his own unique id field. But i also wanna show some sort of "fake id" or "hierarchy id" or "granular id" or whatever based on Company or User or Client.

    Example:

    Records: [ {id: 1, fakeId: 1, company: 1, data: ...}, {id: 2, fakeId: 2, company: 1, data: ...}, {id: 3, fakeId: 1, company: 2, data: ...}, {id: 4, fakeId: 2, company: 2, data: ...}, ] 

    So each Company will have his own "unique" identifier that is not the real database id.

    I've done many searchs but couldn't find the name for this.

    submitted by /u/1Cleaux
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment