• Breaking News

    Sunday, February 28, 2021

    Is there a way to parse HTML using pure Java? Ask Programming

    AskProgramming

    Is there a way to parse HTML using pure Java? Ask Programming


    Is there a way to parse HTML using pure Java?

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 07:22 PM PST

    [JAVA]

    Working on a homework assignment in which we are to select text from inside html tags and replace that text with different text to generate a new html file. I'm trying to rack my brain on how to handle this with Strings, StringBuilder, etc. but I can't think of an elegant way to do this that handles different scenarios (e.g. ignoring comments, handling nested tags in the same line, starting tag on one line and ending tag on another). Every google search I've performed to try and get a hint about how to go about this refers me to jsoup, which I cannot use as I am only to use pure Java.

    I'm not asking for a total solution as that would defeat the purpose of me learning something, but is there a hint someone could give me to set me on the right track? Without a third party library, it feels like I have to write my a fully fludged HTML parser which seems like overkill relative to the expectations of the assignment. Thanks a ton for any guidance anybody can provide.

    submitted by /u/Turbulent-Cheetah-28
    [link] [comments]

    do you find yourself reading official documentation, googling, or trying to figure it out yourself?

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 07:56 AM PST

    When you encounter a problem or have a question what is your normal pattern for solving it? I've found the official documentation of a language is very helpful, but it can also be immense to read.

    submitted by /u/MissedFieldGoal
    [link] [comments]

    What is c0.asm?

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 07:25 PM PST

    So I wrote a C++ program without a main function, and as expected the linker yelled at me. The precise error was "Undefined symbol _main in module c0.asm". Now I know what the error is and how to fix it, but I'm curious to know what the c0.asm file actually is, and what the linker does with it. (Also why it's '_main' and not just 'main'). If I look it up on google, all I get is questions on online forums about programs not working correctly, so I thought I'd ask Reddit.

    submitted by /u/AthuVaidya
    [link] [comments]

    inline asm: Error: incorrect register `%ax' used with `l' suffix

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 10:04 PM PST

    I am still getting grips on asm and i'm getting a couple of problems. The code bellow is to write hardware port for hardware communication (OSDev).

    g++ gives me these errors when I try to compile my code:

    port.cpp: Assembler messages:

    port.cpp:90: Error: incorrect register '%ax' used with 'l' suffix

    port.cpp:95: Error: incorrect register '%ax' used with 'l' suffix

    port header file:

    #ifndef __PORT_H

    #define __PORT_H

    #include "types.h"

    class Port{

    protected:

    uint16_t portnumber;

    Port(uint16_t portnumber);

    ~Port();

    };

    class Port8Bit : public Port {

    public:

    Port8Bit(uint16_t portnumber);

    ~Port8Bit();

    virtual void Write(uint8_t data);

    virtual uint8_t Read();

    };

    class Port8BitSlow : public Port8Bit{

    public:

    Port8BitSlow(uint16_t portnumber);

    ~Port8BitSlow();

    virtual void Write(uint8_t data);

    };

    class Port16Bit : public Port{

    public:

    Port16Bit(uint16_t portnumber);

    ~Port16Bit();

    virtual void Write(uint16_t data);

    virtual uint16_t Read();

    };

    class Port32Bit : public Port{

    public:

    Port32Bit(uint16_t portnumber);

    ~Port32Bit();

    virtual void Write(uint32_t data);

    virtual uint32_t Read();

    };

    No comments:

    Post a Comment