• Breaking News

    Sunday, August 2, 2020

    How did you learn Inheritance, Interfaces, Abstraction Ask Programming

    How did you learn Inheritance, Interfaces, Abstraction Ask Programming


    How did you learn Inheritance, Interfaces, Abstraction

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 10:28 AM PDT

    I've been trying to understand the point behind inheritance, Interfaces, abstraction etc but it's just not clicking.

    How did you learn it and made it make sense? Any specific resources that helped you?

    My brain is not seeing something but not sure what , would appreciate any help. Thanks

    submitted by /u/mod_god
    [link] [comments]

    How do you program for the inevitable changes that customers request late in to a project?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 05:01 PM PDT

    As the title asks. Regardless of how a program is made, a programmer can always modify it to accommodate changes but how quickly and easily those changes can be made is another thing.

    I'm curious about tips and tricks that help to keep a program easily modifiable?

    submitted by /u/reddit_user33
    [link] [comments]

    Which programming language to learn, 14y/o

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 01:55 PM PDT

    Hey I am a 14y/o with a lot of free time because of six weeks of holidays. So I decided to learn programming but i dont know which language to start with.

    submitted by /u/Bxrkay40
    [link] [comments]

    Every time I run my app I get a different error [C][SDL2][Xcode]

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 04:41 PM PDT

    Is it better to learn a low level language or high level language after learning Python?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 01:03 AM PDT

    Would it be better to learn another in demand high level language or a low level language?

    I am proficient enough in Python that I believe I can take on another language. I was debating between Java and C. Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/alamar1
    [link] [comments]

    Model Design HELP!

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 07:03 PM PDT

    Kindly remove this post if this isn't in the right sub (: (Is this the right sub for questions like this?)

    I have a situation where a "guest " (as G) and a "user" (as U) can book flights. The model U contains field fora profile with personal details and payment details. Guest, however doesn't have this model. Instead, in the `booking` model has guest's personal fields and payment fields in it, as well as the computed display fields which are computed as follows:
    If account_type == guest, copy guest's input in `booking` model to the display fields (also in `booking`)
    If account_type == user, copy user's profile details in `user` model the display fields (in `booking`).

    Is this the right way to do it? If not then how?

    submitted by /u/CocoTennisBall
    [link] [comments]

    Need help with CSV in python

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 06:24 PM PDT

    Im working on a project with a lot of data and it's my first time working with external data and i need to trim the data so i can only keep what i need.

    date name1 name1 name1 name1
    date1 0 0 0 0
    date1 2 1 1 0
    date1 2 1 2 0

    This is how the csv is set up and i need to delete every column with all 0's (if the last row is 0 then all the rows before it are also 0) or rows where all of the values( besides date) are the same as the previous one.

    How would I go about even starting with this? any help is appreciated even if it is not in python I just need a reference. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/bimbimsala
    [link] [comments]

    [URGENT] Can someone help me with some ARM code? I'll DM you.

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 06:22 PM PDT

    How does Chat Apps are created nowadays?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 10:24 AM PDT

    Apps front-end could be anything, eg. Vue for web, native android for android, or electron/WPF for windows, etc. I want to know about the back-end.

    - does the back-end require web-sockets like socket.io ?

    - what would be the back-end without NodeJS?

    - is firebase far better than any other raw implementations?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/dgvai
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for an up to date C#.NET tutorial. Any suggestions?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 04:49 PM PDT

    Hello! I've recently graduated and while looking for jobs in my local area I've noticed that businesses are looking heavily for NET developers. This is a problem for me. My class I had over NET was very outdated at the time and even more so now. I want to Brush up and relearn it, but with more current information.

    Do you guys have any suggestions?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Bohbot9000
    [link] [comments]

    What concepts do I need to understand to make a simple ray caster engine?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 04:24 PM PDT

    Im someone who programs as a hobby so mostly self taught but I've been getting comfortable working with Processing and I'm wanting to try something a little more complex. My goal is to write a simple ray caster engine with uniform high and 90 degree angles without textures. I've found plenty of good tutorials online but Im having trouble understanding what every function is doing exactly. What should I study up on to really understand the mechanics of it? I don't have any preference for any specific language.

    submitted by /u/Ucsc_slug
    [link] [comments]

    [C++] How can I make the program output a message if the input has more values than a vector's limit?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 03:59 PM PDT

    This is the code:

    std::cout << "Please enter 3 numbers" << std::endl;

    std::vector<int> numbers;

    int number;

    while (std::cin >> number)

    numbers.push_back(number);

    for (int quantity = 0; quantity < 3; ++quantity) {

    std::cout << "Number " << quantity << " is " << numbers[quantity] << std::endl;

    if (quantity > 3) {

    std::cout << "Too many values inserted! " << quantity - 3 << "Values have been removed";

    }

    }

    This code is not doing anything if I give it more than 3 numbers, IDK why it's ignoring the

    if 

    statement. I tried making an

    if 

    statement after the

    for 

    and made the other one

    else if 

    but it did nothing
    How can I fix this?

    submitted by /u/NaturalBottle
    [link] [comments]

    What would you call a VIM Style Program

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 03:48 PM PDT

    I'm thinking about building out a terminal based program.. sorta like VIM.

    Basically trying to have a tweet feed constantly update and print in the terminal but then be able to send in user input to perform different inputs.

    This is different from a CLI I believe, CLI seems to be more one off... launch the executable with an argument and do an action.

    Basically trying to figure out what this style of terminal based program is called so I can figure out how to emulate it in C# or Go or Python

    submitted by /u/Skippertech
    [link] [comments]

    I want to use a function from a Node Library

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 11:08 AM PDT

    function takePic(){ var dataURL = canvas.toDataURL(); }

    So i have this function in a script tag nested in my HTML that fires when I click a button. I have a separate js file to start the server where the code looks like this.

    var http = require('http');var fs = require('fs');const PORT=8080;fs.readFile('./index.html', function (err, html) {if (err) throw err;http.createServer(function(request, response) {response.writeHeader(200, {"Content-Type": "text/html"});response.write(html);response.end();}).listen(PORT);});

    My problem is I want to use the variable/data created from the function above in my js file but I don't know how to access it. Ideally when the button is fired, this data is sent to a function from a node library i want to use where the info is processed.

    submitted by /u/cudibert
    [link] [comments]

    Really simple xPath question that I'm too thick to figure out.

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 05:10 AM PDT

    Could I make a pc load ads?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 06:54 PM PDT

    Judging by the 15-20 cpm(revenue per thousand clicks) in sweden can I not make 10 i9's load ads non stop?

    If not why not, a python(if python even assembly should work :D) script that would check a few pixels and click wouldn't be so hard to make and run, maybe with virtualisation

    submitted by /u/KEEDLife
    [link] [comments]

    C# - pass datatable from datagridview to RDLC report

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 12:22 PM PDT

    hey guys. I'm a newbie in the programming field.anyway, I'm practicing on a cashier point of sale app. and want to print invoice paper like you see in restaurants.I use MySQL database and pass them to a datagrid ( 1 in this case ) then pass them to datagrid2(orders) when the cashier select the data row, then he puts the quantity and etc. so all is good. so at the end of the order I have that :https://imgur.com/a/nJ9t38Y

    I want to design a custom report with the RDLC report designer in VS2019 like this one in a video :https://imgur.com/8luOHogbut can't link the dataset to the database. or is there another way to print a good designed order invoice paper ? Thank you.

    Please bear with me as I'm still new to all of this :)

    also guys if you do have any suggestions to add more to the app, would be really helpful.

    note : the main datagridview copy data from the MySQL database.

    submitted by /u/P2Youssef
    [link] [comments]

    CodePolis Merch

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 03:39 PM PDT

    Hello all,

    CodePolis Merch is a new shop for Coding adicted guys ! If you really love Coding check out our store !

    CodePolis Merch is now Live ! 🛒

    👍 Like Our Content? ❤️ Follow Us!

    🌎 FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING 📬

    ⬇️ Shop our Store ⬇️

    https://merch.streamelements.com/codepolis

    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/codepolis.merch/

    submitted by /u/Booornee
    [link] [comments]

    Any one using Kestrel in production?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 01:22 AM PDT

    I am curious about the real life experiences of those who use Kestrel in production.

    I developed a microservice using asp.net core kestrel. Each service loads all the records of a category to the memory at startup. All requests are answered by this loaded class. Instead of sending a request to Redis, I use the class I created. Is this solution right for you?

    submitted by /u/mcmrcha0s
    [link] [comments]

    Telnet Question

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 08:27 AM PDT

    Hi,

    I'm running a telnet server for fun. And I am really stumped. At my previous residence, my telnet connection was very sticky. I could not interact with my server at all through my telnet client and basically never get disconnected / have my session dropped. I mean hours, days - the connection would stay open.

    I moved the other day. Now, I'm connecting to the same server, with the same client, the same computer: the same everything - except my ISP has now changed. I was on WiFi at the old residence, too. Now, I won't get disconnected if I setup a timer to 'ping' my server once every few minutes (sending any message works), but if I don't send any commands for maybe just 5 minutes (haven't timed it), I get dropped. Using my ping (basically a keepalive) the connection stays open pretty much indefinitely as you'd expect.

    Is there something at the ISP level that causes telnet to drop connections? It's so weird. It's a protocol I don't actually know that much about, but I can't see why this would be.

    My telnet server is in C++, is there something I should be doing with it to preserve connections from inactive clients?

    submitted by /u/ridenbiden2020
    [link] [comments]

    I'd like to create a program where I can batch replace values

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 01:41 AM PDT

    At my work we have to use a lot of SQL queries, which has multiple input parameters, and stuff.

    I'd like to create an application (probably a GUI application would be the best), where I can store SQL queries, enter the input values, and mass replace the parameters.

    I also plan to create "groups", or something so I can find the queries easier once there is a lot.

    Which programming language would you recommend to do this?
    I do have experience in several programming languages, however my level is a Junior, so I thought this could be a good practice, while creating an app that I can also use in the future.

    submitted by /u/mitsunari71
    [link] [comments]

    Selenium Help

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 12:18 AM PDT

    Out of the blue my python project stopped working. When I try to run my project I get an error like this ImportError: cannot import name 'ActionChainout' from 'selenium.webdriver'.

    I've never gotten this error before. Can someone please shed some light on to this issue. It would much appreciated

    submitted by /u/Falcao_E
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment