• Breaking News

    Thursday, August 6, 2020

    For any python/pandas users I've been building this visualizer for dataframes for the last year, let me know what you think Computer Science

    For any python/pandas users I've been building this visualizer for dataframes for the last year, let me know what you think Computer Science


    For any python/pandas users I've been building this visualizer for dataframes for the last year, let me know what you think

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 07:56 PM PDT

    "Block Chains" vs "Block Pools": A New Technology That Can Power a Decentralized Social Network and Marketplace

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 11:43 PM PDT

    Explore Python Programming Challenges With A Program

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 03:12 AM PDT

    Robots, Oracles and Protocols; Breaking Cryptography Through Information Leakage

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 05:45 PM PDT

    Realistically, how much potential is there for a sentient, rogue AI to actually go global Skynet or Ultron-style

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 11:27 PM PDT

    When we do reach the point when we have more ideal AI's that are capable of much more versatile learning, enough to sustain a feedback loop where they continually become more intelligent, there will still be barriers preventing it from invading and hijacking a network. Things like segfaults, firewalls, etc. (ideally no backdoors or holes in the computer system) which employ encryption schemes that are fundamentally intractable. In that regard, the AI will be no different from any other program and will need to brute-force prime numbers for a very long time. (Even if quantum computations can break today's encryption, we'll have matched that with quantum encryption schemes by then.) Also by this time, tech companies would probably enforce more stringent protocols on safeguarding any potential AI explosion, which is as simple as sticking around more SHA-256 gateways and whatnot.

    My imagination of how a rogue AI might be implemented would possibly be a worm virus that spreads through a network and embeds pieces of a blockchain-style hive mind into different computers. I'm still studying CS in university and I've been mostly studying theoretical CS, but I would like to know if there are any consistently occurring loopholes or gaps in actual systems and security that a rogue AI might be able to gain access to.

    submitted by /u/williamraperkennedy
    [link] [comments]

    Coming up with project ideas? (Creativity)

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 11:07 PM PDT

    Hey everyone, I've recently been struggling on how to find the creativity and inspiration for projects. I wouldn't say I'm fairly new to CS, as I've taken AP courses and done various activities related to CS, but I always find myself struggling trying to come up with ideas for personal projects. Does anyone have any tips or suggestions on how to be more creative and find inspiration for things? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Acrozev2
    [link] [comments]

    [R] Unselfie Turns Arm-Extended Selfies into Neutral-Pose Portraits

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 03:46 PM PDT

    Researchers from KU Leuven, Adobe Research, and UC Berkeley has proposed "unselfie," a novel photographic transformation model that can automatically translate selfies into neutral-pose portraits.

    Here is a quick read: Unselfie Turns Arm-Extended Selfies into Neutral-Pose Portraits

    The paper Unselfie: Translating Selfies to Neutral-pose Portraits in the Wild is on arXiv.

    submitted by /u/Yuqing7
    [link] [comments]

    Neanderthal, a simple static site generator

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 07:29 AM PDT

    scheduling algorithm ideas help

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 11:24 AM PDT

    Hi everyone! Im not sure if my question is better for r/AskCompSci or r/AskComputerScience so I will just ask it and if it is in the wrong place i would appreciate it if someone would kindly let me know!

    I'm working on a project just for my own amusement where I basically want to create schedules for a large group of people based on their preferences of activities. Each person would rank their 12 favorite activities and my program would make a schedule of 6 activities for each of them. One group of three for MWF and the other three for TTS. In an optimal scenario I would have it so that the timing of each activity didn't have to be set before hand so that each person could get the best options possible. The algorithm is also limited by an instructor for let's say archery can't teach two sections of archery first period MWF, but could teach a section of archery for MWF period 1 and MWF period 2. I want the algorithm/code to be reasonably efficient so I can use it with the preferences of 200+ people. The goal obviously would be to have as many people to get as many of their top choices as possible. If I have left out any details that would make my goal clearer please let me know or message me!

    I was wondering if anyone might be able to point me in the direction of any well-known algorithms that they think could help me with this project or if any one has any suggestions themselves for how to go about this? ANY help would be gladly appreciated and anyone with advice could reply below or even message me further questions! (also I am very familiar with python if that helps send any resources my way)

    Thanks in advance!!!!

    submitted by /u/jjmaster7789
    [link] [comments]

    Identifying Macroscopic Objects in Massive Datasets

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 09:58 AM PDT

    Following up on yesterday's article, in which I introduced an efficient method for clustering points in massive datasets, below is an algorithm that can actually identify macroscopic objects in massive datasets, with perfect precision. That is, it can cluster points into objects such that the clusters correspond perfectly to the actual objects in the scene, with no classification errors, and exactly the correct number of objects.

    Code and explanation:

    https://derivativedribble.wordpress.com/2020/08/05/identifying-macroscopic-objects-in-massive-datasets/

    submitted by /u/Feynmanfan85
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment