• Breaking News

    Wednesday, July 22, 2020

    Do any of you have a great routine for maintaining your physical health in your stationary job? If so, care to share? Ask Programming

    Do any of you have a great routine for maintaining your physical health in your stationary job? If so, care to share? Ask Programming


    Do any of you have a great routine for maintaining your physical health in your stationary job? If so, care to share?

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 09:35 AM PDT

    I am so interested CS and probably want to major in it, but I'm a bit worried about the sitting, the eye strain, etc... Any tips or stories are much appreciated!

    submitted by /u/thisismytumblr
    [link] [comments]

    If I click on a virus link from within Bluestacks, will the virus infect my actual machine or the emulator?

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 09:55 PM PDT

    Can it "escape"?

    submitted by /u/yallapapi
    [link] [comments]

    Cannot get background image to work using CSS

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 09:26 PM PDT

    Im new to html and css and am tryign to get a random background image. The image is in a file called img on my laptop. I dont know whether I have the wrong path or what.

    imgur html and css code: https://imgur.com/dnOZPdU https://imgur.com/9jUz0WM

    submitted by /u/bingowolf
    [link] [comments]

    Do I need a CS degree to become a back-end developer

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 09:25 PM PDT

    I recently started my full-stack web development course 3 months ago and I started to become a bit worried about my job prospects when I finish my course.

    submitted by /u/SomethingWhicked
    [link] [comments]

    Veteran programmers of reddit, how did you keep up with the current industry technology?

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 05:15 PM PDT

    How important is a good memory?

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 08:52 PM PDT

    I've been programming for some time now, switching from C++, to Java, to Python and finally back to C++. I can't remember any libraries like strtok, and am afraid that this will affect me in the future. Should I give up programming due to lack of good memorization skills?

    submitted by /u/GimmeMahCrack
    [link] [comments]

    Are there any repositories of pre-trained neural networks?

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 08:36 PM PDT

    I am starting to do some investigative research into NNs based on the structure of their weights. I was looking for any collection of pre-trained models that solve the same problem (and ideally use the same training algorithm). I did some googling and didn't find much. Just figured I would ask before paying AWS to train the models I need.

    submitted by /u/Quantumlyhigh
    [link] [comments]

    Have you ever looked at an engineer differently after seeing their code? (for good or bad, but mostly good)

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 02:04 PM PDT

    We hired this guy recently who I initially thought would be a good team member, I just started working on a project that he created and after seeing how beautiful and elegant his code is I literally can't even talk to him the same anymore. I feel like an anime school girl talking to a crush or something lol

    submitted by /u/ohh_kayyla
    [link] [comments]

    People who have been invited to Google FooBar, what did you search for you to get invited?

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 08:43 AM PDT

    I am only asking this out of curiosity, not to reproduce this or anything. I've never seen anyone who got selected mention this. Is there an NDA or something like that?

    submitted by /u/dangling_reference
    [link] [comments]

    In a pandas dataframe in python, there are lists of words in one column. How do I remove words that are common to all rows in that column, ie. the words that appear in all of the lists within the column?

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 07:39 PM PDT

    My_column
    [a, b, c]
    [a, y, z]
    [a, p, q, r]

    so I only want to remove the elements that appear in all of the lists within My_column, and in this example I would remove "a" from all of the lists

    My_processed_column
    [b, c]
    [y, z]
    [p, q, r]
    submitted by /u/unboxedicecream
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone know of a program that can take text from a piece of paper and scan it into certain folders based on the text?

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 03:23 PM PDT

    For example: If there was a template on a sheet of paper and you wanted that piece of paper scanned in to a specific folder (Name: John Doe on sheet of paper -> scan paper into computer from commercial Lexmark printer -> computer automates the file to a specific folder (John Doe)), can that be done? We are trying to figure out a way to save staff time.

    submitted by /u/HowToSayNiche
    [link] [comments]

    Need help changing values and forcecrc32 for an esm

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 05:38 PM PDT

    Alright so i'm not going to pretend I know what i'm doing because I don't. I need edit an esm to see something in game thats hidden and to do so I need forcecrc32. Doing it through hexedit won't work. Heres the directions I was given if you wish to see what I need to do. https://imgur.com/a/6AtDtOd

    submitted by /u/blushade
    [link] [comments]

    I need some experience

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 05:03 PM PDT

    Hi everyone, I'm Jacco. A year ago I took a course on java and databases covering topics as POO, SQL, Database structure, UML, Hibernet. We made a final project where we developed a educational program for children, but apart from that I don't have that much experience. I was wondering if someone has a project and needs some help or would like to give me some tasks to develop and could tutor the code. I offer myself as a volunteer, I just need the experience, and I'd work for free.[6:16 PM]If you can help me I'd be very grateful

    submitted by /u/jaccochako
    [link] [comments]

    How to get a Static IP so I can work remotely anywhere in the world?

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 09:27 AM PDT

    I understand that with most remote jobs, the IP has to be whitelisted for access. Working from home and connecting to my home network, that IPv4 stays the same regardless of which device I use. I use http://www.icanhazip.com/ to find it.

    So my question is, how can I keep my IP when I travel?

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/rachmanny
    [link] [comments]

    Struggling to figure out Google API

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 02:26 PM PDT

    So for this project, I'm basically trying to take a payload taken from a website's form and push it up into Google Analytics to trigger a goal depending on the data in the payload. This is my first time working with Google Analytics API and I didn't realize how many hoops it makes you jump through just to get the client ID and secret. In all honesty, it's quite confusing to me. Anyways, I guess I have to get my credentials verified or something because the scope of the API contains what Google considers to be sensitive data. I just got an email saying now they want a video demo of everything? Is that normal? Or am I doing the process completely wrong.

    submitted by /u/thisisformeworking
    [link] [comments]

    If I wanted to make a program to count all the words in a website, what would I need to learn?

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 01:56 PM PDT

    Hi r/AskProgramming ! This is my first post here, please be kind.

    I was learning about SEO and that led me to think that it would be nice to have a program or app that would analyze the text from a website and output each word with frequency into a text file (or something similar to this process). What kinds of terminology should I look at to learn this word-searching method? Specifically, my questions are:

    1: What is the name of the type of program that does this?

    2: What programming languages are used to make such programs? And why those languages?

    3: Does anyone have any tutorial recommendations for this type of program?

    Thank you for your time!

    submitted by /u/FunkyBoobs
    [link] [comments]

    ELI5: The differences between CUDA, DirectX, GPU drivers, OpenGL and how certain graphics engines (blender, unity etc) interact with these?

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 03:21 AM PDT

    I have read so many forums and articles and the more I read the more confused I get on the structure of these APIs. Can someone explain the difference between the concepts in the title and how things are eventually displayed on my monitor?

    Semi-relevant context: I made a little ray-tracing code with python numba cuda and I have the resulting image in GPU memory. I want to display the image to a screen but apparently I have to transfer the data from GPU to memory to RAM, then send it to some OpenGL interface to show it, which makes it much slower.

    submitted by /u/Speterius
    [link] [comments]

    Development resources for Win32 printer driver installation

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 01:54 PM PDT

    I'm drafting up some printer management software and I'm having difficulty locating resources that explain the pipeline or workflow of best practices pertaining to the handling of PRT and OPT files (what even are those?), the installation of printer drivers, and creation of printers, etc. on win32 systems.

    Does anyone know of any good books or resources that are authoritative on these issues?

    submitted by /u/markproc
    [link] [comments]

    How to interface with a virtual machine for software testing

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 01:04 PM PDT

    Hello everyone

    I have a software which controls a machine and includes some GUI. I recently set up GitHub actions in order to test whether my software installs correctly on a blank Ubuntu machine. So the GitHub action basically tells me whether the installation process works properly but it cannot tell me whether the software actually works correctly when connected with the machine.

    Now I would like to do something similar with a virtual machine. E.g. my idea is that I would have a blank Ubuntu machine state stored in some virtual machine file.

    Starting from that blank Ubuntu state, I would like to automatically run a series of commands to install my software on the virtual machine. After the installation is complete, I would like to use the GUI on the virtual machine to test whether the software works properly and the machine behaves as expected when being controlled by the software.

    So far I don't have much experience in interfacing with virtual machines. (I have been using VirtualBox so far for testing installation scripts).

    Is there any software/API that you could recommend which would allow me to execute commands on my virtual machine?

    submitted by /u/memductance
    [link] [comments]

    Python seems to know what the values of variables in the right context are even when multiple values have been assigned?

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 12:57 PM PDT

    Beginner coder here, I'm doing a short course about learning to use Python pandas for data analysis, you follow along importing data to make tables and such using Jupyter. Hopefully you can get what's going on below without knowing the full context:

    COUNTRY = 'country'

    headings = [COUNTRY, GDP_INDICATOR]

    gdpClean = gdpData[headings]

    headings = [COUNTRY, LIFE_INDICATOR]

    lifeClean = lifeData[headings]

    POP_INDICATOR = 'SP.POP.TOTL'

    popCountries = popReset[34:]

    popData = popCountries.dropna()

    headings = [COUNTRY, POP_INDICATOR]

    popClean = popData[headings]

    popClean.head()

    country SP.POP.TOTL
    34 Afghanistan 30682500.0

    lifeClean.head()

    country SP.DYN.LE00.IN
    34 Afghanistan 60.028268

    gdpClean.head()

    country NY.GDP.MKTP.CD
    34 Afghanistan 2.045894e+10

    I'm having a hard time understanding how when I've been asked to assign the variable 'headings' to mean two different column names for 3 tables, how is the variable storing 3 different values (GDP_INDICATOR, LIFE_INDICATOR, POP_INDICATOR) without overriding itself each time the variable is defined? The final time 'headings' is defined, it is shown to mean [COUNTRIES, POP_INDICATOR], surely that overrides the previous instances of 'headings' meaning [COUNTRIES, LIFE_INDICATOR] and [COUNTRIES, GDP_INDICATOR]? Yet, when the command lifeClean.head() is given, which uses lifeData[headings], the code knows headings is [COUNTRIES, LIFE_INDICATOR] rather than [COUNTRIES, POP_INDICATOR] which is the most recent definition of the variable? How is this happening? Have I completely misunderstood how variables work?

    Is it a case of:

    A = 4

    B = A #therefore B = 4

    A = 5

    D = A #therefore D = 5

    B == 4

    True

    D == 5

    True

    Typing 'B' and 'D' will produce answers of '4' and '5' respectively because while the definition of 'A' has changed, 'B' is still equal to the old answer of '4' because in storing a variable you're not storing a chain of variables you're rather storing 'B' = '4' because at the time 'A' was equal to '4', so 'A' is only referenced once during the initial assignment of 'B' = 'A'?, from then on 'B' doesn't have to ask what the value of 'A' is each time?

    I apologise for how long winded this is lol

    submitted by /u/stanreading
    [link] [comments]

    What are the reference projects per programming language? (like the pet store for Java)

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 12:55 PM PDT

    Hi,
    I'm mostly familiar programming in Java.
    Now Java has the "pet store" which has been the reference project for years.
    Each time a new library, framework or technology for the Java VM comes out, it pretty much tries to demonstrate how it would rewrite the pet store.

    So I was wondering, what the reference projects are for other programming languages?

    submitted by /u/lasagna-coder
    [link] [comments]

    I want to learn JavaScript, but I already have knowledge in other programming languages.

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 06:32 AM PDT

    I know some C++ and Python already and would like to learn JavaScript. Are there any good resources for people like me. I also have a bit of knowledge in it already.

    submitted by /u/MonkeysEpic
    [link] [comments]

    Please help this noob set up a website using GitHub Pages.

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 08:42 AM PDT

    I am not a programmer but have coded some small projects in Python. I wish to build a website using GitHub pages and use Jekyll with it. I stumbled across this website that has a step by step instructions on how to do it since I have no clue. I have done exactly what it says until I got stuck at "Setting up Jekyll" step.

    I have installed the GitHub Desktop app but can't find the 'GitHub' Folder anywhere on my PC. Also, while installing the app I did not encounter the "Install Command Line Tools" option as written on that website. I had, a few months ago, installed the GitHub Desktop app and then uninstalled it since it was of no use to me back then. I am not sure how to proceed now. Please help!

    P.S: I use Windows 64-bit

    Thank you.

    submitted by /u/white_disc_4_holes
    [link] [comments]

    Weird question didn’t know where to ask, where can I get help to set up a bot/script to buy a plant on an online restock?

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 11:40 AM PDT

    I know they do lottery picks on the sneakers app cause too many people set up bots to insta buy shoes. There's a stupid rare plant restocking from a company this weekend I wanna secure but there's 30+ people fighting for it and there's only 1 of it. Idk where else to ask this but if one of y'all can help me get this hype plant I can pay ya for your time.

    submitted by /u/Ksiolajidebthd
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment