• Breaking News

    Saturday, January 25, 2020

    Degree in computer science and yet know nothing Computer Science

    Degree in computer science and yet know nothing Computer Science


    Degree in computer science and yet know nothing

    Posted: 24 Jan 2020 10:40 PM PST

    As the title says, I don't think I know enough. I'd like if someone can point me to resources which explain computer science technologies and concepts in simple terms. eg: i had to set up an ingress controller at work. I read that ingress is a reverse proxy. This is where i got stuck. I have no idea what a reverse proxy is.

    This is just an example. I realized a lot of my comp sci concept are not clear and it affects me at work

    submitted by /u/editsoul
    [link] [comments]

    Neso Academy, one of the leading YouTube channels in Computer Science has been hacked, and deleted

    Posted: 24 Jan 2020 07:16 AM PST

    Chances are if you have used YouTube for understanding CS topics, you have came across Neso Academy.

    On January 19, their account was hacked and deleted, meaning all their content is now gone.

    They covered essential topics such as Computational theory, database management systems, operating systems to name a few and were one of the top providers of free education in the CS YouTube world (in English).

    Please consider supporting them here, and spreading the news.

    https://twitter.com/nesoacademy/status/1218972715077357569

    The more you retweet, the more likely YouTube support will be able to do something about this incident.

    submitted by /u/ygrhmn
    [link] [comments]

    Can't show that prefix set of accepted language is also accepted.

    Posted: 25 Jan 2020 01:27 AM PST

    Hi, my problem is the following:
    "

    Show that if a language L ⊆ {a, b}* is recognised by some finite automaton, then so is the prefix of L,

    Pref(L) = {x ∈ {a, b}* | xy ∈ L for some y ∈ {a, b}*}.

    "

    I'm denoting the set of states as Q, a state as q, the set of accepted states as F, identity element as e and the transition function as "_ leads to _".

    Okay, we know that if x ∈ Pref(L), then ∃y ∈ {a, b}*: xy ∈ L <-> (q_0, xy) leads to (q_k, y) leads to (q_f, e), for q_f ∈ F q_k ∈ Q.

    Why I don't know how to proceed is because it's possible that q_0 is not an accepted state.
    Let x = e and y ∈ L. Then, xy = y ∈ L, which is an accepted string. Then x ∈ Pref(L).
    However, as q_0 might not be an accepted state, then x ∉ L. But then there exists a element in Pref(L) which is not accepted.

    Is there something I'm missing out?

    submitted by /u/wabhabin
    [link] [comments]

    Places to practice Big o

    Posted: 24 Jan 2020 08:26 PM PST

    Anyone knows a good website where I can practice big o?

    submitted by /u/theHokage1234
    [link] [comments]

    Need suggestions to improve my Portfolio website

    Posted: 25 Jan 2020 01:17 AM PST

    I have created my new portfolio and need some suggestions from you to improve it

    Link :-http://arbaazkhan.ml/

    submitted by /u/getsetcoding47
    [link] [comments]

    Guys any hint or recommendation to solve this exercise, I'm having a hard time in the course of automata theory,the one I ask for is the exercise 4, let L, M and N be any language, all with the same alphabet, proof the next statements

    Posted: 24 Jan 2020 08:51 AM PST

    What college to choose for comp sci major?

    Posted: 24 Jan 2020 08:07 AM PST

    Hey all -

    I'm in my junior year of high school and so I've been picking out colleges to visit and doing research on and visiting them. I've only looked into three or four so far, but I honestly don't really know what to look for. I am certain that I want to study computer science for a field in either computer network engineering or cyber security. Strictly speaking of the academics and CS courses, what colleges do you all recommend I take a look at within the United States?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/16nd10s
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment