• Breaking News

    Saturday, August 24, 2019

    Udemy worth it? learn programming

    Udemy worth it? learn programming


    Udemy worth it?

    Posted: 23 Aug 2019 07:22 PM PDT

    Hi all! I'm sure this has been asked before so thanks for looking and reply!

    My ultimate goal is to find a front end development job, hopefully by next August, but I understand it might take longer. But I have some type of goal in mind so I think I'm headed in the right direction.

    I've been working on free code camp for the last few weeks and I'm on the third project for the first certification. I'm really enjoying it so far! I plan to keep chugging along on here but was wondering if the Udemy front end developer boot camp thing is worth buying? It's only $9.99 right now but don't want to get it if it'll just be more or less the same as fcc. I just want to add some more supplemental learning to what I'm already doing!

    Any insight would be great! Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Coonhound420
    [link] [comments]

    How can i make my Windows laptop more programmer friendly?

    Posted: 23 Aug 2019 12:35 PM PDT

    SO basically i have a laptop with Windows installed and would like to know some programs that would make my time while programming more efficient / easy. Back home i had my desktop pc with Debian on and i could VERY easily do / open / execute anything i wanted very quickly with a terminal or a keyboard shortcut but i don't know of a way i can do this in Windows. Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/garden2231
    [link] [comments]

    How do you know if you can learn how to program?

    Posted: 23 Aug 2019 05:36 PM PDT

    I understand that unless you don't try something new, you'll never know. But are there specific attributes that would distinguish someone who could learn to program, from someone who will not?

    submitted by /u/beastmode10x
    [link] [comments]

    Unit test a unit test

    Posted: 23 Aug 2019 02:26 PM PDT

    I had an interview for one of the FAANG. They ended up not hiring because "I'm a great coder but was unable to unit test a unit test." Admittedly, I got stumped when I tried to come up with ways to test unit tests I wrote without making tests redundant or causing some sort of cyclic issues. In my mind, this is a rabbit hole where it's just gonna be an endless series of tests testing tests.

    So I'm wondering... how the heck do you unit test a unit test with limited exposed APIs? And without making it convoluted?

    submitted by /u/SenpaiCarryMe
    [link] [comments]

    Has anyone taken App Academys bootcamp? I'm planning on enrolling soon and just looking for some feedback on your experience.

    Posted: 23 Aug 2019 02:05 PM PDT

    What did you think of the class?

    Did you land a job yet? And if so, how long did it take you to find one?

    How intense was the course?

    Would you recommend this to anyone?

    submitted by /u/Insayne1
    [link] [comments]

    Count Inversions

    Posted: 23 Aug 2019 05:24 PM PDT

    I'm implementing a simple Count Inversions (w/ Merge Sort) using Divide and Conquer. In C++. I'm uncomfortable with the language which makes it harder.

    As I output:

    countInversions(q);

    where q is just a vector<int> of size like 5, it returns a huge number, the same one every time actually. This makes me believe I'm going out of bounds, but I don't see where this is true in my code.

    Can you guys help a brother out?

    #include <iostream> #include <vector> #include <tuple> using namespace std; tuple<vector<int>, long> merge_count(const vector<int>& A, const vector<int>& B) { vector<int> S; long inversion_count = 0; int i = 0, j = 0; while (i < A.size() && j < B.size()) { if (A[i] <= B[j]) { S.push_back(A[i++]); } else // A[i] > B[i] { S.push_back(B[j++]); inversion_count += A.size() - i; } } // push remaining data into set S while (i < A.size()) { S.push_back(A[i++]); } while (j < B.size()) { S.push_back(B[j++]); } return make_tuple(S, inversion_count); } tuple<vector<int>, long> mergesort_count(vector<int>& L) { if (L.size() <= 1) { return make_tuple(L, 0); } vector<int>::iterator mid = L.begin() + (L.size() / 2); vector<int> A(L.begin(), mid), B(mid, L.end()); long rA, rB, rAB; make_tuple(A, rA) = mergesort_count(A); make_tuple(B, rB) = mergesort_count(B); make_tuple(L, rAB) = merge_count(A, B); return make_tuple(L, rA + rB + rAB); } long countInversions(vector<int> arr) { return get<1>(mergesort_count(arr)); } 
    submitted by /u/ucla_cs_major
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to scrape this table on this archival betting odds site but failing.

    Posted: 23 Aug 2019 07:16 PM PDT

    Hey so I'm trying to scrape this table on this website which hosts archival odds data for betting sites and I can't find the table in the html to scrape. I'd really appreciate any help!

    submitted by /u/Horridharry
    [link] [comments]

    Shortest Path Algorthm on Maps

    Posted: 23 Aug 2019 06:56 PM PDT

    Hello Reddit :).
    so guys i want to create shortest path algoritms on map, and i found almost exactly what i want to build.

    https://github.com/ceedong/UCSD_Graph this
    i cant open it on android studio .

    im new to programming, so any idea how to use that github and put it on my local map.

    submitted by /u/rejiedoto
    [link] [comments]

    Should I put my post data in the body of a lot of it isn't guaranteed to be sent?

    Posted: 23 Aug 2019 02:49 PM PDT

    I want to know best practices for body vs headers. I'm thinking of just sending the post request with the data as JSON because I'd have like at least 7 headers. And to me it feels pretty ghetto when the number of headers pass 3.

    submitted by /u/C0wseed
    [link] [comments]

    Keyboard for Programming on the go

    Posted: 23 Aug 2019 06:24 PM PDT

    I just transferred into university (from a CC), and am coming in as a CompSci major (programming). I have a laptop that will work fine (i7 processor, 16gb ram, W10 -- was sitting around and not being used, so I'm re-purposing it as a school computer), but I'm not sure what to look for for mouse + kb. I am a touch typist, and I really need/prefer a full size keyboard -- I'm not too worried about size, I'll throw whatever I use into my computer bag. Any recommendations for m+kb to grab for a computer that will be used for programming and essay writing at school?

    submitted by /u/Mr_Jewfro
    [link] [comments]

    How do I program for weird PC gaming accessories like flight sticks?

    Posted: 23 Aug 2019 08:11 PM PDT

    So I found an old Saitek X45 for free and thought it would be cool if I used the both parts for something like a mech game.

    As seen with the image link provided, this thing is covered with all sorts of buttons, knobs, and switches. I'm wondering how do people develop for this kind of stuff?

    Of course the first step is to download modernized drivers, but would those drivers let you see and use those new inputs?

    submitted by /u/CAT-CENA
    [link] [comments]

    how should I improve my skills as a beginner?

    Posted: 23 Aug 2019 11:24 AM PDT

    I want to build experience with programming, but I don't know what to do.

    edit: thank you for your help, I guess I'll practice more than what I already do. and also this is my first awarded post, thanks!

    submitted by /u/R0T0M0L0T0V
    [link] [comments]

    Developing web apps using laravel, here is a differnet and better way using docker.

    Posted: 24 Aug 2019 12:21 AM PDT

    I wrote an article describing how to use laradock as PHP/Laravel development environment.

    Advantage:-

    1. All the developers can work on the same version of packages.
    2. Easy to install
    3. Easy to switch between package versions(eg PHP).

    https://link.medium.com/unAC23vlpZ

    submitted by /u/tbharatt
    [link] [comments]

    Is it a bad thing if I start leaning Java as my first language?

    Posted: 24 Aug 2019 12:03 AM PDT

    Hi all, just for context i'm 14 and about to start my GCSE's

    I've always had an interest in programming; unfortunately issues through middle school sorta stopped that but I'm past it now, and back focused.

    At GCSE level, it seems like they are using Python for coding in class? I'm no expert or anything in Python, but I get the theory behind it and if I spend a lot of time with it, I'd probably be quite good. Issue is, I'm more interested in 2 things

    1. App design
    2. Economics (combining with CS, that's what I aim to do in the future right now)

    So would it be a bad thing if I went with Java as my first language?

    Also, based on the above, what computer am I looking at needing? Right now, I have a dented 2011 13" MacBook Air and a requirement for school, the Surface Pro 4 which I strongly dislike

    submitted by /u/Rare_Situation
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a programming buddy to write an simple language in C

    Posted: 23 Aug 2019 10:31 PM PDT

    Hello! I am Tomer, a 15-year-old avid programmer with 4 years of experience (yes, I started at 11) .

    I mainly use Python to create my projects, but I also know C, and now I just started to write a simple Brainfuck-like language in it, and I am planning on adding a LOT more extra features to it.

    So basically I am creating a PROGRAMMABLE version of Brainfuck. I called it Wit, because it is kinda like a more intelligent Brainfuck, (every valid Brainfuck program is going to be a valid Wit program), and it is also an acronym for "Women in Technology". (I am not a woman, but I think the world should encourage more women to work in programming).

    (if you have a better name suggestion for the language, please tell me!)

    Anyways, I am looking for a programming buddy, someone who is famillar with C (or any other language) and wants to take part in this project. I made a Slack channel for it: click here to join it.

    Thank you for reading, have a great day!

    Tomer.

    submitted by /u/Tomer1504
    [link] [comments]

    How do i find similarity between images or tell of they are similar to a certain degree

    Posted: 23 Aug 2019 10:29 PM PDT

    I don't know what I'm shooting for exactly ,

    I'm trying to build a image identifier from a database which can be updated by anyone ( github maybe ) . For example grumpy cat . If someone sees a grumpy cat meme and wants its original , he can upload the pic and the program will run through its database of image ( having stored them through feature extraction ) and if the program has a clean image of grumpy cat already , it will return it . So basically my program is a image labeller and anyone can update the image- label data and anyone can search for a image with his own slightly distorted version . I'm not sure if I'm asking this correctly

    submitted by /u/AnantNaad
    [link] [comments]

    Can I host a Magento 2 server on my computer locally?

    Posted: 23 Aug 2019 03:56 PM PDT

    I come from a Ruby on Rails background. I'm just trying to learn Magento 2. I want to make a dummy project just to learn on. Everything I see about installing and setting it up show it being done on a server. Can I not just run a server on my local computer and visit it in my browser?

    In Rails you just do a "Rails s" into the command line and it boots up a development server. Is there an equivalent to that in Magento?

    submitted by /u/MuhBack
    [link] [comments]

    How to make a chan/imageboard?

    Posted: 24 Aug 2019 12:23 AM PDT

    I have been finding tutorials on how to make a 4chan like imageboard. So far I got only some source codes of few chan. Here is the link.

    Noob here. Don't know how to correctly use them. I want to start with PHP scripting.

    Please enlighten me from fresh start.

    submitted by /u/srijankunlmao
    [link] [comments]

    Question about Multiple Processes and Pipes

    Posted: 24 Aug 2019 12:15 AM PDT

    Hello, I am confused with a couple aspects of Pipes and multiple Processes. I am trying to create two processes and connect their input and output through pipes as drawn in the top right picture. Must I create two entire new processes such as returnValue1 & returnValue2? Or is there an easier way to do it than this? One other aspect that has me confused is which parts of the pipe(s) do I need to close? What is the problem that occurs when the pipe is not closed? I appreciate all the help!

    https://imgur.com/vldV6sG

    submitted by /u/Mysweetlord2
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to learn canvas on c++

    Posted: 23 Aug 2019 04:36 PM PDT

    My teacher explained classes with canvas and i didn't catch up anything wjat he was saying, so I'm looking for books or links to understand canvas and classes.

    submitted by /u/eyelessbydefault
    [link] [comments]

    Problems with Python in Eclipse

    Posted: 23 Aug 2019 11:51 PM PDT

    Running CPython 3.7.* in bash:

    "hello" * 4

    'hellohellohellohello'

    In Eclipse, exact same interpreter:

    <terminated>

    So can anyone help explain why? I can't find any answers. I'm beginning to suspect Eclipse is the worst IDE ever, and I was attempting to use XCode before (most bloated text editor I've ever used)

    submitted by /u/RareCoinsGuy
    [link] [comments]

    Is there less interests in app development these days?

    Posted: 23 Aug 2019 11:18 AM PDT

    2 years ago, everyone seemed to want to learn app development but nowadays I don't see much people talk about it, its typically all web dev. Is the app dev industry losing traction? I'm contemplating between taking a web technologies course or an android app dev course for my elective. I'm more curious about learning app dev but I'm also afraid the skills I learn there will be less relevant than web dev.

    submitted by /u/GullibleBuil2ding
    [link] [comments]

    Please help me if you know how to do websites

    Posted: 23 Aug 2019 05:08 PM PDT

    So basically on my website, I want to have a different quote every time the user opens the website. Can someone help me?

    submitted by /u/NotJoshHo
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment