• Breaking News

    Friday, May 31, 2019

    CompSci Weekend SuperThread (May 31, 2019) Computer Science

    CompSci Weekend SuperThread (May 31, 2019) Computer Science


    CompSci Weekend SuperThread (May 31, 2019)

    Posted: 30 May 2019 06:05 PM PDT

    /r/compsci strives to be the best online community for computer scientists. We moderate posts to keep things on topic.

    This Weekend SuperThread provides a discussion area for posts that might be off-topic normally. Anything Goes: post your questions, ideas, requests for help, musings, or whatever comes to mind as comments in this thread.

    Pointers

    • If you're looking to answer questions, sort by new comments.
    • If you're looking for answers, sort by top comment.
    • Upvote a question you've answered for visibility.
    • Downvoting is discouraged. Save it for discourteous content only.

    Caveats

    • It's not truly "Anything Goes". Please follow Reddiquette and use common sense.
    • Homework help questions are discouraged.
    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    AI Restores Photos of ’90s Hong Kong Film Stars

    Posted: 30 May 2019 09:39 AM PDT

    Teaching Computer Science, without a computer

    Posted: 30 May 2019 06:55 PM PDT

    Hello, COMSC

    I am a STEM Ambassador in the United Kingdom, and I have been asked to visit a rural home for young children between the ages of 11, and 18.

    I have been asked to deliver a lesson where they don't have any computers available for use, but do have a screen I can connect too, to deliver a presentation. What concepts of Computer Science, could I teach them that would be of value, and interesting without requiring everyone uses a computer.

    Most places, have computers available and we will teach them Python, I am struggling to think of something to teach, and I am thinking about refusing this role because I honestly can not think of something.

    Any advice, or suggestions would be great

    submitted by /u/iHistorical
    [link] [comments]

    Programming students/beginners: what do you struggle with?

    Posted: 30 May 2019 09:47 AM PDT

    Hey everyone, I'm currently trying to find out how one could make the lives of programming students / beginners a lot easier ;)

    Which is why I have two very simple questions:

    1. As programming student / beginner, what are the 2 biggest issues you're dealing with?

    1. Regarding your learning / studying, what would you wish for more than anything else?

    Thanks so much in advance - looking forward to reading your answers!

    submitted by /u/Jardo51
    [link] [comments]

    Electronics and Communication Engineering UG, who aspires to be a computer scientists

    Posted: 30 May 2019 10:10 PM PDT

    I'll be starting college soon, but , in order to make a plan on how to work, how do you think will my Electronics degree help me in becoming a computer scientist ?

    My degree won't cover Discrete Maths or OS, or Computer architecture, or any of the math that a computer science student is taught, but, once I'm able to complete those , what advantage will I have over others ?

    submitted by /u/theorganicjedi
    [link] [comments]

    Please help my friend select a university

    Posted: 30 May 2019 09:43 AM PDT

    My friend got admitted to the masters in sciences (MS) program for computer science at Penn State: Harrisburg and George Washington University. We can't seem to find much information about either school's academic and career outcomes online (there seems to be info about Penn State's main campus but none about the Harrisburg campus), and would greatly appreciate if anybody could provide any insight that would help her decide which university to attend. Thank you so much!

    submitted by /u/ItsGnuNotLinux
    [link] [comments]

    Any recommended CS careers for someone with great communication skills?

    Posted: 30 May 2019 06:44 AM PDT

    Hello, I just finished my freshman year of college and took a lot of basic courses before really getting into coding this upcoming sophomore year. I am completely new to coding before last year and am not the most experienced, skilled coder (as of right now). One trait I noticed about me off the bat is that I'm really comfortable with communicating with people and find it generally easy keeping a conversation and building relationships. Are there CS careers out there that heavily require good "people skills"? I understand almost every career would definitely want their employees to have good communication skills but are there some CS careers out there that put a major emphasis on that? Going to career fairs and talking to recruiters, they pointed out that was my strongest trait, and I would definitely like to incorporate that in the future . Any recommendations (or even minor recommendations)would be appreciated. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Uncreative15yrold
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment