• Breaking News

    Tuesday, April 2, 2019

    [Updated] A (cat) machine learning game I've been working on... Computer Science

    [Updated] A (cat) machine learning game I've been working on... Computer Science


    [Updated] A (cat) machine learning game I've been working on...

    Posted: 01 Apr 2019 03:59 PM PDT

    I've finished working on the new algorithm which is based on ID3; entropy and information gain. Interested to see feedback! Challenge Incredicat!

    -------

    Wasn't sure where to post this as I'm still working on it but wanted to put it out there to get any useful feedback or thoughts from the experts. It's basically a game similar to 20 Questions (or Animal, Vegetable, Mineral) that attempts to ask you questions to work out an object you are thinking about. You can think of everyday items (animals, household objects, food, quite a bit of other stuff etc) and it has 30 questions to try and guess the item. I've been working on it for a while but not sure what to do next so interested to hear anyone's thoughts...

    The link for anyone that wants to try it out is incredicat.com

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/twm7
    [link] [comments]

    What is happening when you open a website in your browser?

    Posted: 02 Apr 2019 01:32 AM PDT

    What is happening when you open a website in your browser?

    Posted: 01 Apr 2019 08:43 PM PDT

    Question

    Posted: 02 Apr 2019 12:20 AM PDT

    Why do people avoid learning C,C#,& C++

    submitted by /u/xOGPrydz
    [link] [comments]

    Given a finite automaton A and a string X ∉ L(A) of length n, is there an efficient algorithm for computing the maximal sublist I ⊆ [1,2,...n] such that for Y=X_{I_1}||X_{I_2}||X_{I_n}, it holds that Y ∈ L(A)?

    Posted: 01 Apr 2019 06:56 AM PDT

    I am writing an application where I need to filter out strings not matched by a regular expression. However, I don't want to report errors every time I find a string that doesn't match the filter, I want to keep as much of the string as possible.

    In other words, given a regular expression and a string, how do I figure out the smallest number of characters to remove so that the string is matched by the regular expression?

    You could obviously do a breadth-first search on {1,2,...n} but I feel there must be something better. I was thinking some sort of dynamic algorithm using the Levenshtein distance, but I was wondering if there is a known efficient algorithm on the automaton itself before I get too far down a potentially useless rabbit hole?

    Any input is appreciated, thank you for your time.

    submitted by /u/TombKrax
    [link] [comments]

    Need some nudge in the right direction

    Posted: 01 Apr 2019 02:55 PM PDT

    Hey guys,

    I'm thinking of working on a project for some time now but can't seem to figure out how to go about it.

    What I'm trying to do is use a portable module like pi or something which can run a camera which can stream the live feed when needed via internet.

    Now, streaming local is no problem and using it on a LAN is quite straight forward and there are also tons of resources available. What I can't seem to figure out is how to take this a bit further and add the true mobility.

    I am sure about needing a server which will relay the feed to the monitoring station but what kind of server exactly. How would I actually stream the feed to this server?

    Any tip in the right direction would be highly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/jsan_
    [link] [comments]

    iFLYTEK & HIT Reading Comprehension Model Betters Humans, Tops SQuAD2.0 Leaderboard

    Posted: 01 Apr 2019 10:50 AM PDT

    Jack of all trades, wanting to become master of a few.

    Posted: 01 Apr 2019 10:37 AM PDT

    Toyota Japan Hacked, Vietnam Office Suspects Breach

    Posted: 01 Apr 2019 05:43 AM PDT

    AI Fools’ Day: Tech Giants’ Top Pranks

    Posted: 01 Apr 2019 02:16 PM PDT

    What Exactly Is A First Class Function - And Why You Should Care

    Posted: 01 Apr 2019 08:44 AM PDT

    Top 10 Intrusion Risk Your Web Application Might Be Exposed to

    Posted: 01 Apr 2019 05:44 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment