• Breaking News

    Sunday, September 2, 2018

    Microsoft Sketch2Code - An AI based website "Builder" that converts your hand drawn sketches to HTML web developers

    Microsoft Sketch2Code - An AI based website "Builder" that converts your hand drawn sketches to HTML web developers


    Microsoft Sketch2Code - An AI based website "Builder" that converts your hand drawn sketches to HTML

    Posted: 02 Sep 2018 03:12 AM PDT

    Is bootstrap much slower than css grid?

    Posted: 02 Sep 2018 11:09 AM PDT

    Hi, I build WordPress websites and recently experimented with css grid. Usually we use bootstrap.

    I'm debating whether it's worth encouraging the rest of my team to use grid instead of bootstrap?

    Main concern is page speed. Since everything else seems the same.

    submitted by /u/number3arm
    [link] [comments]

    Interested in / curious about / never heard of ember? The ember community *just* switched from slack to discord! Come chat with us!

    Posted: 02 Sep 2018 07:43 AM PDT

    Here is the Discord invite link: https://discordapp.com/invite/zT3asNS

    Ember may be seen as niche or too small to care about, but it is a growing community!
    Ember has taken the best patterns and technologies from all the other ecosystems and combined them into one super-cohesive and productive framework.

    For example, from React, Ember has adopted the Data-down, Actions up philosophy, which was inspired from the container component / display component pattern (which is also how all of ember's components are, each has a container (the js (or ts)), and a display (the template/hbs)).

    everyone is pretty friendly, and is more than welcome to hearing the experience of outside perspective. Come chat! :D <3

    submitted by /u/DerNalia
    [link] [comments]

    Really don’t understand this whole framework stuff

    Posted: 02 Sep 2018 12:08 PM PDT

    New developer here. Just struggling with this whole framework thing. I know a fair bit of JavaScript. My question is what on earth are frameworks for? And how do I go about creating websites that a client (with no coding knowledge) can update, add pages and all that stuff? I mean I know there are things like Wordpress, but I'm talking just standard websites. Help would be much appreciated, thanks :)

    submitted by /u/Rickygoacher
    [link] [comments]

    How can I describe a simple website I made as a side project on my resume?

    Posted: 02 Sep 2018 12:06 PM PDT

    I posted this yesterday but only got one response. Looking for more input.

    I made a Reddit-like website for fun/to learn new skills during my free time and I'd like to include it in my projects section on my resume. The problem is I don't know how to describe it optimally in 2 to 4 bulletpoints.

    I used Angular for the front-end, and Node.js and Express to cover the API endpoints in the backend. I used a PostgreSQL database hosted with ElephantSQL. For tests, I used Jasmine.

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/v_95
    [link] [comments]

    Contact form to email without server

    Posted: 02 Sep 2018 08:05 AM PDT

    I'm building a website for a college project and have to set up the contact form so that it automatically sends the message as an email to a Gmail account. Is there a simple way to do this without using a server? It's just for demonstration purposes.

    submitted by /u/Foxtrotwhat
    [link] [comments]

    [Showoff Saturday] - First shot at personal website, feedback is appreciated!

    Posted: 01 Sep 2018 04:12 PM PDT

    Hey guys! This is the first time I make a personal website or portfolio. Wanted to share with you all, any feedback is appreciated: http://marioecg.com/

    submitted by /u/thisban
    [link] [comments]

    Interesting: "������".split('').join("-")

    Posted: 01 Sep 2018 08:12 PM PDT

    Cross domain Jquery or Ajax instead of iframe?

    Posted: 02 Sep 2018 12:37 PM PDT

    Wondering if this is possible. I'm not a dev but do have some limited understanding so please bear with my uninformed questions.

    SiteA.com won't load iframe from SiteB.com because it violates "frame-ancestors 'self' which is set by SiteB.com (our of my control) so the content from that source isn't available.

    Is there a way to have the client request the URL independently, then parse the content to display as a widget on the site.

    Let's say SiteB.com is something like a social network site that doesn't have widgets you can paste to your own site. I'm trying to get the profile from that site and display some of the selected scraped info in a widget on SiteA.com

    submitted by /u/mlepisto
    [link] [comments]

    Can I create a PayPal button for a client without logging in to their account?

    Posted: 02 Sep 2018 10:24 AM PDT

    I am creating a PayPal subscription button for a client's website. Is there a way to create the button without logging in to their PayPal account?

    I don't want their username/pw. Right now it seems my only alternative is to remote into their pc, have them login to PayPal and I generate the button to get the code for the website.

    submitted by /u/dtwiss
    [link] [comments]

    How do you make a brief about projects you built on your portfolio?

    Posted: 02 Sep 2018 01:50 AM PDT

    I find it very hard to describe what i did in a specific project.

    Weather its a simple or a complicated project.

    submitted by /u/anubis2019
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone know of any open source platforms that are similar to Fomo, Notifia or Hover Signal?

    Posted: 02 Sep 2018 03:10 PM PDT

    Curious if anyone has an examples of scripts, tools or open source apps that do what platforms like Fomo, Notifia or Hover Signal do?

    submitted by /u/jwburkhard
    [link] [comments]

    Is it me or does cloud computing seem less magical than I though?

    Posted: 02 Sep 2018 07:32 AM PDT

    I don't know if its just me but cloud computing seems less magical than I first though.

    When I first heard about cloud computing, I envisioned it would be something like this:

    It would be as if you are placed in control of an infinitely powerful computer but would only be billed based on CPU time, ram and storage used every second. If you suddenly decided to perform an operation that takes 100GB of ram, you would be able to do it as naturally as if that amount of memory was always available. Sure, what's really happening might be more complicated and it's not really infinite, but its been abstracted so that you would perceive it as so.

    Currently, pay-as-you-use just means they have lots of difference sized instance to choose from with an on-off switch included and auto-scaling just means they can automatically help you buy and activate a new instance as needed. It's basically a server-renting operation with automation. Maybe its just me but this as hell doesn't feel particularly elastic.

    submitted by /u/LOL50015
    [link] [comments]

    Getting to Know the Angular CDK Drag and Drop Feature

    Posted: 02 Sep 2018 10:24 AM PDT

    Yoast devs confirm a fix due on Monday for 'unexpected error' conflict that left Wordpress users unable to edit or create posts after Gutenberg 3.7.0 update

    Posted: 02 Sep 2018 02:07 PM PDT

    Do you give out login credentials to clients for the web hosting you used for their website?

    Posted: 02 Sep 2018 01:48 PM PDT

    I'm sorry if the question sounds absurd. It's my first time to ever have my own client and I'm not sure how it really goes. The project will have me mainly doing everything from domain purchase up til website launch and even the monthly maintenance. Is it usually part of the deal to give out the login credentials for the hosting and google suite registration for example? Or the credentials are specifically given if it is a one time project only?

    submitted by /u/cryptophiliacs
    [link] [comments]

    How could I find a job if I'm 15?

    Posted: 02 Sep 2018 07:45 AM PDT

    I'm 15 and I know reactjs, react native, node, html/css, and mysql. Where could I find work? I can't do a traditional job because I have school.

    submitted by /u/smiles_low
    [link] [comments]

    Recommendations for fast backend frameworks?

    Posted: 02 Sep 2018 01:40 PM PDT

    I have been using Django for over a year but I have improved as a programmer a lot since then. I'm wondering what other backend frameworks out there you guys have used that might help me improve the overall speed? I know python isn't exactly considered a racehorse!

    submitted by /u/j215c
    [link] [comments]

    How to Better Pingdom Score

    Posted: 02 Sep 2018 01:13 PM PDT

    Hello,

    I've gotten my Pingdom score up, but I would like to make it better and make this site run faster. Any ideas? I'm new-ish to freelancing and back end.

    Here is the link: https://tools.pingdom.com/?_ga=2.75279255.464799287.1535911343-99347620.1535911343#!/caTxLC/https://megancarpenterhair.com/

    submitted by /u/valtro05
    [link] [comments]

    Sugget Me A Good ORM or any other module to use MySql in express js(enterprise application)

    Posted: 02 Sep 2018 01:05 PM PDT

    What is the best way to use "MySQL" database with express js for enterprise application? One of my friend suggested me "knexjs"

    submitted by /u/maxyspark
    [link] [comments]

    Your youtube channel?

    Posted: 02 Sep 2018 12:51 PM PDT

    I was thinking about all the good stuff people save in their playlists and liked videos so i could learn with it too.

    submitted by /u/martimaustin
    [link] [comments]

    Advice for jumping into an already built code base?

    Posted: 01 Sep 2018 11:10 PM PDT

    So I'm a freelancer. Occasionally I'll be tasked with taking an already established product and adding a couple features, or fixing some bugs. So, I wondering if there's an efficient way to learn the ropes about how everything works quickly? So far, my current plan of attack has been to bang my head against it until it clicks. But, this isn't ideal for me or the client (additional $$$.) So if you guys have any sort of system in place, please let me know. I mostly work in JavaScript.

    submitted by /u/steeze206
    [link] [comments]

    freeCodeCamp?

    Posted: 02 Sep 2018 12:33 PM PDT

    Hi! I'm new to webdev but of course have a big project I want to put together. I know that I'll have to start off small, pick up all the requisite skills, and finish some smaller projects first. This site, freeCodeCamp, was recommended over on /r/javascript, would you guys generally recommend the tutorials there as good starting point for someone looking to build up general frontend skills? One thing I notice is that there only seem to be vanilla Javascript tutorials, not even JQuery, unless I'm missing something. Should I even bother with vanilla JS?

    I know where to go for backend/database stuff and I'm sure I can figure out Git but frontend development is a big scary new thing for someone who has mostly written C++, C#, and Python. Thanks for your help in advance!

    submitted by /u/AgnuWrites
    [link] [comments]

    Beginner here and need some advice

    Posted: 02 Sep 2018 12:31 PM PDT

    I am currently on my journey to become a web developer. I finished FCC's Javascript course few days ago, and now I don't know what should be my next move, or what should I learn next as there are just so many frameworks/ libraries like Angular, React, MongoDB, Node, etc.

    Also, what do you think about FCC's HTML5/CSS3 course? I was thinking of doing its project part as I had already learned the HTML5 and CSS3 from the Udemy course. A lot of people asked me why are you wasting your time on CSS as it's too old now and there are so many frameworks nowadays that can easily help you create an elegant website. So, I am too confused now if I should do those projects first or should start with something new. I did finish the first project though it took me a lot of time so, I am thinking if it's really worth it. What do you think?

    submitted by /u/AssassinJK46
    [link] [comments]

    Help with browser catching

    Posted: 02 Sep 2018 12:12 PM PDT

    I have this website: www.uds.si
    I have runed it through https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/ and it says I need to fix my browser catching. Im complete beginner but with the help of google I came up with this code:

    Leverage browser caching

    <IfModule mod_expires.c> ExpiresActive On ExpiresDefault "access plus 5 seconds" ExpiresByType image/x-icon "access plus 2592000 seconds" ExpiresByType image/jpeg "access plus 2592000 seconds" ExpiresByType image/png "access plus 2592000 seconds" ExpiresByType image/gif "access plus 2592000 seconds" ExpiresByType application/x-shockwave-flash "access plus 2592000 seconds" ExpiresByType text/css "access plus 604800 seconds" ExpiresByType text/javascript "access plus 216000 seconds" ExpiresByType application/javascript "access plus 216000 seconds" ExpiresByType application/x-javascript "access plus 216000 seconds" ExpiresByType text/html "access plus 600 seconds" ExpiresByType image/svg+xml "access 1 year" ExpiresByType application/xhtml+xml "access plus 600 seconds" </IfModule> 

    But I still get the warning about browser caching when i run the site through analytics. It says that i need to cach following resources:

    r/https://www.google.com/…425&client=google-maps-embed&token=15499 (26 seconds)

    How do I fix this problem? Im sure I have made some rookie mistake but I cant figure it out.

    submitted by /u/MungoProudFoot
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment