• Breaking News

    Tuesday, May 8, 2018

    Are there any alternatives to ANTLR? Computer Science

    Are there any alternatives to ANTLR? Computer Science


    Are there any alternatives to ANTLR?

    Posted: 07 May 2018 10:21 PM PDT

    Specifically, one with the freedom to parse a given context sensitive language?

    submitted by /u/BadMillenial
    [link] [comments]

    Using a SAT solver to identify a depth-first search (DFS) ordering of a directed graph

    Posted: 07 May 2018 07:16 AM PDT

    Is the MAC Address of a device sent to the destination ?

    Posted: 08 May 2018 04:04 AM PDT

    So I have a very basic understanding of how the TCP/IP Protocol and OSI Layer works. I live in a student residence where I have internet connection provided by my University. It is mandatory to plug only a computer to the wall so that its MAC Address is registered to my plug ID. It is illegal to use a router, but Im using it and to avoid being catched by them I cloned the computer's MAC Address into the router's so that when I connect the router they see it's actually my computer. The thing is, they sent me a notification about some irregularities regarding my connection because they were detecting another MAC Addresses making internet requests. I thought they could only see the router's MAC Address (it's actually the computer's) but in fact they see the other MAC Addresses, so how does it actually work? Is the MAC Address included in the IP Packet and also remains unchanged until reaching its destination?

    submitted by /u/SeboAmp
    [link] [comments]

    On Parsing Terminology

    Posted: 07 May 2018 11:58 AM PDT

    I have a question on terminology to use when teaching classes that introduce parsing algorithms & related theory.

    Terms like "LL" and "LR" seem to have originally referred to specific parsing algorithms/methods. Thus, we see usages like "LL parsing table". Then we started to talk about the class of grammars these algorithms could handle; thus "LL grammar". And then we had the class of parsing algorithms that corresponded to the grammar class; thus, "Recursive Descent is an LL parsing algorithm", even though it doesn't use a table at all.

    So LL refers both to a specific parsing algorithm and to a class of parsing algorithms that handle the same grammars. This annoys me, but it hasn't been a huge practical difficulty, as I have never (yet) covered table-based LL parsers in my classes.

    But I do cover table-based LR parsers. And Knuth introduced the LR parsing method, which, by the process above, led to the class of LR parsers. And now I don't know what to call Knuth's method. So far, I've gone with "Shift-Reduce", but lots of methods use the shift & reduce idea, so I know it's a poor name for a specific method.

    This problem has vexed me for several years; what do I do about it?

    Specifically, is there a terminological standard I can use with students who are being introduced to these concepts that (1) gives unambiguous names to specific parsing methods, (2) gives unambiguous names to classes of parsers & classes of grammars, and (3) is close enough to common usage that it will help students to understand the literature in the field?

    By the way, I like to think I'm reasonably knowledgeable about parsing, but it's not my research area; I do graph algorithms. So it's quite possible that there is some obvious solution to my troubles that I've missed.

    submitted by /u/ggchappell
    [link] [comments]

    How hard is it to work part time and do a CS degree full time?

    Posted: 07 May 2018 08:15 PM PDT

    Using a SAT solver to solve a simple version of Sudoku

    Posted: 07 May 2018 06:40 PM PDT

    Using a SAT solver to identify a breadth-first search (BFS) ordering of a directed graph

    Posted: 07 May 2018 07:17 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment