• Breaking News

    Tuesday, May 8, 2018

    This guy uses Unity and eye tracking on his iPhone X to do some cool parallax effects. Could be implemented in a game.

    This guy uses Unity and eye tracking on his iPhone X to do some cool parallax effects. Could be implemented in a game.


    This guy uses Unity and eye tracking on his iPhone X to do some cool parallax effects. Could be implemented in a game.

    Posted: 07 May 2018 02:52 PM PDT

    How to setup Good Graphics with Unity

    Posted: 08 May 2018 10:09 AM PDT

    Get Your Game Funded! Talked to a Venture Capitalist on how to get your game ideas to reality.

    Posted: 08 May 2018 11:30 AM PDT

    E3 is coming. Devs, please take care of yourselves

    Posted: 07 May 2018 11:47 PM PDT

    Im not sure how many users of this sub will be working on content for this years E3. However as a reminder for any who are or working towards a similar milestone.

    Please, rest and take breaks. I know overtime can be necessary and this time can be stressful, but please be wary of your health. Ive seen one too many stress related breakdowns.

    Saying that. I hope you get your work to excellent quality and gets showcased and praised at E3. On stage or hands on. Just, be careful.

    submitted by /u/XYZmover
    [link] [comments]

    OpenGL Step by Step - OpenGL Development

    Posted: 08 May 2018 05:04 AM PDT

    Action Game Maker MV announced for PC

    Posted: 08 May 2018 03:38 AM PDT

    PSA - JetBrains Rider can run unity unit tests, VS fails miserably.

    Posted: 08 May 2018 11:22 AM PDT

    I've been attempting to keep up with writing some unit tests for the Unity game I'm working on, and at some point last year the unit tests stopped working in VisualStudio. I was forced to deal with the awfulness that is running the tests through the Unity Test Runner. For a couple months now I've been using Rider, and just today used the good old keyboard shortcut to kick off the unit tests and was amazed to see that they actually ran. The only weirdness I've discovered it when trying to debug them, I first have to attach the debugger to unity, then I have to kick off the debug unit tests command.

    submitted by /u/belavv
    [link] [comments]

    Game Balance

    Posted: 08 May 2018 11:11 AM PDT

    Hey guys, i cant balance my game, trying to create a formula but just cant.. are there any approach u guys know?

    Its a shooter game with 3 stats, str, agi and int

    Str gives health and hp regen Agi gives armor and atk speed Int gives mana and mana regen

    Weapon has its mana cost and damage

    Just cant balance those 😁 Any idea?

    submitted by /u/kngtr
    [link] [comments]

    Gamasutra blog: Simple A* pathfinding alternative with interesting side-effects

    Posted: 08 May 2018 07:55 AM PDT

    I just created and submitted a Low Poly Medieval Armory Pack to the Unreal Marketplace! Tell me what you think!

    Posted: 08 May 2018 07:45 AM PDT

    Creating Dirt Generator in Substance Designer

    Posted: 08 May 2018 08:45 AM PDT

    Gamasutra: Vince Napoli's Blog - Recalling the Leviathan Axe

    Posted: 08 May 2018 03:04 AM PDT

    Is there a good tutorial on Frustum Culling for UE4 in C++ or Blueprints?

    Posted: 08 May 2018 11:55 AM PDT

    I know about culling in general but I was wondering if there was a way to do what's in this gif of Horizon Zero Dawn in UE4. Thanks

    submitted by /u/Syfilms64
    [link] [comments]

    Please try our VOS GAME beta version

    Posted: 08 May 2018 11:34 AM PDT

    some important questions

    Posted: 08 May 2018 10:58 AM PDT

    I'm a computer science major who still has a lot to learn, but I just wanted to be able to ask actual people instead of searching for answers in articles on the internet. What are some the major different areas of game development and what kind of knowledge/experience do you need to get there?

    submitted by /u/Andy4l
    [link] [comments]

    What does Cohesion mean in Video Games?

    Posted: 08 May 2018 10:03 AM PDT

    Unity animation help

    Posted: 08 May 2018 10:02 AM PDT

    I've searched everywhere and the only forum I seen where someone had the same issue, was unresolved.

    Basically, I'm using unity. When my player sprites speed is > 0.01, he transitions into a running animation and when its < 0.01 he goes back to idle. Great. But when I Flip him, it sets the speed to 0, so when I run and change direction, the idle animation plays for a split second, it worked fine before so I don't see why this is happening. How would I fix it? Maybe set the speed of the flip to 0.01 in my flip code? I'm not the best programmer and I'm new to unity. Any help is appreciated!

    submitted by /u/Korflol
    [link] [comments]

    Animation Compression: How much does additive bind pose help?

    Posted: 08 May 2018 05:33 AM PDT

    Top 5 Back-End Solutions For Multiplayer Games

    Posted: 08 May 2018 09:14 AM PDT

    Is 10 FPS too small of an FPS for Unity Animations?

    Posted: 08 May 2018 09:09 AM PDT

    So basically, I'm converting some Quake models from blender to Unity, but all the animations are at 10/s! Can Unity use frame blending or tweening to insert the extra frames or do I need to change up the animation? I'm not that good with 3D animations, so hopefully I can use these animations as they are and not have to either redo them or extend the keyframes.

    submitted by /u/rizzoislandgame
    [link] [comments]

    Feasibility of community translations

    Posted: 08 May 2018 05:10 AM PDT

    Translating your game/content into other languages is nice to reach more players, but using a professional translator can be quite expensive and still not guarantee that you actually end up with quality translations.

    A friend of mine recently had his game translated into some of the most common languages for his player base (German, French, Spanish), among them my native language. And the translations were... not good. Quite the opposite, actually. It was quite obvious that the strings had been translated by a machine - and by a not very competent one, too, since even Google Translate know not to translate certain idioms word for word...

    Anyway, the topic of "community translations" came up, and I was wondering what your experiences with community translations are. Do you use them (or would you use them)? Why / why not? Any specific technical stuff or best-practices one should know/follow (who to give access, what format to provide the strings in, which platform works best for collaborative working on the list while also preventing malicious users from just erasing everything, etc.)? Also, what would be the legal implications of using community translations?One horror scenario brought up in the discussion was users deliberately sneaking in offensive, racist, etc. stuff, and the developer would be liable for it, so in the end he would have to hire a professional translator anyway to double-check the community translation.

    submitted by /u/Hypergrip
    [link] [comments]

    Ever Tried to Herd Cats? --€” How I Have Created and Published My First Game

    Posted: 08 May 2018 08:50 AM PDT

    Laptop for university student starting in september

    Posted: 08 May 2018 08:22 AM PDT

    Hi all,

    Currently studying game development and I have started to shop around for laptops which is going to be a necessity for me in September when I start my fDa Game Design and Production. Which laptop are you using or any recommendations you can make that are currently on the market or upcoming laptops you would suggest.

    Needs to be able to Unreal Engine, Unity, Blender, 3DS Max etc...

    Might do a light gaming here and there but this is not a necessity due to having a desktop at home.

    The laptops I am currently swaying towards are as follows:

    MSI GS65 Razer Blade 14" Macbook Pro (with a windows 10)

    ***EDIT: £1000-2000 spending limit

    Thank you in advance for the advice.

    submitted by /u/Archit3ct-
    [link] [comments]

    2D Tile Maps rendering order problem

    Posted: 08 May 2018 07:41 AM PDT

    This gif summarizes my problem better than I can explain it: https://i.imgur.com/Hx9mT4w.gif

    Currently I'm putting all tiles, and the player sprite, into the same container, and sorting everything by it's Y position. This works when the player sprite is in front of a tile, but when the player goes behind, a tile that I would want rendered in front of the player sprite ends up behind them when it has a smaller Y value.

    I'm a bit stumped at how I can fix this. What would be a good solution?

    submitted by /u/lettuceOutbreak
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment