• Breaking News

    Tuesday, February 6, 2018

    Maximize Performance with this One Weird Trick or: Cache-Oblivious Data Structures Computer Science

    Maximize Performance with this One Weird Trick or: Cache-Oblivious Data Structures Computer Science


    Maximize Performance with this One Weird Trick or: Cache-Oblivious Data Structures

    Posted: 05 Feb 2018 05:59 PM PST

    How to fuzz custom functions using libFuzz?

    Posted: 05 Feb 2018 10:10 PM PST

    I am researching the topic of fuzzing, specifically I am working with libFuzzer. So far most of the basics make sense, however, I still cannot understand one small detail....

    All the examples I see online use the data and size arguments provided by the main wrapper function:

     extern "C" int LLVMFuzzerTestOneInput(const uint8_t *data, size_t size) { someFunction(data, size); return 0; } 

    But, what if I want to fuzz my own functions, say:

     int add(int a, int b) { ... } 

    How and why would I make use of the data and size fields in this case?

    Another question that bothers me is that fact that I don't understand what is being passed in the data array, maybe this is my I am having trouble understanding how to use libFuzz for custom functions.

    Thank you.


    BTW, if you want to learn more about fuzzing, here's a great tutorial: https://github.com/Dor1s/libfuzzer-workshop

    submitted by /u/CheBurashka_GG
    [link] [comments]

    Computational complexity of developing a program

    Posted: 05 Feb 2018 08:49 AM PST

    After reading about complexity classes (P, NP, PSPACE, etc), I got curious, how complex is programming itself? Specifically, creating a program out of a set of definitions or an algorithm with defined inputs and outputs. And what if efficiency should also be considered and always be the best (e.g. n*log(n) sorting instead of n2 )?

    submitted by /u/little_homie
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment