• Breaking News

    Sunday, February 4, 2018

    Confused on the simplification of this boolean expression: Computer Science

    Confused on the simplification of this boolean expression: Computer Science


    Confused on the simplification of this boolean expression:

    Posted: 04 Feb 2018 01:23 AM PST

    First year computer science student here, I'm kinda stumped with simplifying this boolean expression:

    ~(m * ~n) + ~n

    It is supposed to return true, but the closest ive been able to get it to is ~(n * m) * 1

    What are the laws/steps I need to use to get it to return true?

    Edit: Here is my full procedure, where did I go wrong?

    ~(m * ~n) + ~n

    = (~m * n) + ~ n

    = (~n + ~m) * (~n + n) distributive law

    = ~(n * m) * 1

    Edit: Thanks guys, I see where I went wrong.

    ~(m * ~n) + ~n

    = ~m + n + ~ n

    = ~m + 1

    = 1

    Don't know how I didn't see that before, too tired I guess : \

    submitted by /u/7th_Spectrum
    [link] [comments]

    What can I do to become a more desirable candidate/student?

    Posted: 04 Feb 2018 02:19 AM PST

    I'm a first year undergraduate studying CS and Maths. I'm fairly experience in Java, and a beginner in HTML, CSS, PHP, mySQL, Ruby and am going to attempt to self learn C.

    I'm going to be taking a year before my final year of my degree to do a placement but I wanted to know what I can do to become a more desirable candidate. I will be competing with my fellow classmates, as well as students from universities better than me.

    What can I do to become the best candidate? I have read a lot of people saying to do projects but I always get stuck at what kind of project to do in terms of ideas, and complexity.

    Any and all help is appreciated!!

    EDIT: By candidate I'm mostly referring to a career in software engineering or maybe an industrial placement

    submitted by /u/15150776
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment