• Breaking News

    Sunday, May 10, 2020

    How did you guys overcome difficult Algorithms Class Coding Projects? I am Struggling Computer Science

    How did you guys overcome difficult Algorithms Class Coding Projects? I am Struggling Computer Science


    How did you guys overcome difficult Algorithms Class Coding Projects? I am Struggling

    Posted: 09 May 2020 05:29 PM PDT

    Throughout my computer science career, I have struggled the most with code-heavy projects in algorithms classes. I spend 90% of the time bug hunting. And almost always it consumes way too much time. I always end up submitting the project many days late.

    On June 1st I will start my advanced algorithms class. I have already dropped out of the last two semesters due to spending too much time finding and resolving bugs on projects. I am very tired of this roadblock. This is my last course before graduating.

    I have a decent grasp of data structures, sorting, and searching algorithms. The projects are in Java and I have a good grasp on OOP and java JDK.

    Recently last semester I started to code in small chunks and test in small chunks, instead of writing hundreds of lines and then weeding out errors in one big leap.

    I use stackoverflow.com whenever I am stuck.

    I also recently discovered eclipse debugger which was oddly never mentioned in any of my courses.

    Anyways I would appreciate if anyone who had this problem in the past and overcame can share some of that knowledge with me.

    submitted by /u/aliphbata
    [link] [comments]

    dual booting linux mint and windows 10: will they corrupt each other?

    Posted: 10 May 2020 04:19 AM PDT

    im using windows10 and i want to install Linux mint with dual boot...but im afraid they make each other corrupted if i want to access a file witch is mostly used by other OS..for example accessing C:\\Users\SomeGuy\Downloads\a_Random_video.mp4 from linux mint wil make it corrupted?

    submitted by /u/SomeGuy10004
    [link] [comments]

    Find the Town Judge - Leetcode May Challenge today - one interesting problem

    Posted: 10 May 2020 02:14 AM PDT

    Project Ideas

    Posted: 09 May 2020 04:37 PM PDT

    I've been doing professional development now for around ten years mostly building web apps and apis. I do side projects to learn and I don't know if it's because of what I do for my day job but they always seem to revolve around building web apps or apis.

    So when I learn a new language or try a new technology I typically build an api. Sometimes I'll build a front end app or a cli tool to go with it. But I feel like there could be areas I could be different apps for other than the web.

    Just wondering what other kinds of projects people do? I'm thinking of looking into some machine learning/ai stuff but wanted some other suggestions.

    submitted by /u/Holmes89
    [link] [comments]

    OCaMOSS: a source code plagiarism detector implemented in OCaml and inspired by MOSS

    Posted: 09 May 2020 12:00 PM PDT

    [Free] Most enrolled Python course on the internet

    Posted: 09 May 2020 08:09 AM PDT

    Is creating a "Library of Babel" like compression algorithm possible

    Posted: 09 May 2020 09:11 AM PDT

    I want to start by saying I have no idea, if this is the right subreddit for this topic, but I hope so. Furthermore, I haven't studied Computer Science at all, not even something similar so I'm pretty much a noob in this whole field and everything I will assume can very well be wrong and if so, please correct me.

    Now starting with my idea, for those of you who don't know libraryofbabel.info, it's more or less a digital library. It's divided into hexagons, walls, shelves, volumes and book pages. Together these parts form a seed, which is used to generate a random book page. Every book in the world, based on the latin alphabet can be found within this library and the generation algorithms never change, so something you found in a specific place will always be there. You can also reverse search for sentences and find on which pages it is on.

    That gave me the idea, that this could be used to compress information. For example: I look for a bookpage which I want to save, so instead of saving this page, I could also just save the pages seed. Doing that with multiple pages, I could organize the seeds into an index, which in turn I could look up and find its seed in the same library of babel. Doing that in numerous layers of subindexes I can compress my information further and further.

    I know you can display files in hex-code, so you would have to make a similar algorithm like library of babel uses, only based on 0-9 and A-F and you'd have to divide the original file into same sized hex-segments. Is it possible to do the same with computer files, where in the end you have a single seed, which in turn creates all subindexes and in the end the original date, or is a similar system already in usage, or are there problems in practicality that would prevent an algorithm like that from working?

    Again, I'm not a pro by a far stretch, so if there are obvious problems that make my idea unfeasible, I'm sorry

    submitted by /u/AsleepTonight
    [link] [comments]

    Recurrence question

    Posted: 09 May 2020 12:30 PM PDT

    How to solve following recurrence with the help of matrix exponentiation:

    a(n) = a(n-1) + a(n-4) + a(n-5)

    f0 = f1 = f2 = f3 = 1

    f4 = 2

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Akhripasta2001
    [link] [comments]

    Category Theory with Applications in Functional Programming - Fahrenberg LIX [2009]

    Posted: 09 May 2020 07:57 AM PDT

    Leetcode programming challenge - Reverse Vowels of a String with O(n) time complexity

    Posted: 09 May 2020 08:13 AM PDT

    Today I learned that in object-oriented programming, polymorphism is the characteristic of being able to choose another purpose or usage to something in diverse contexts.

    Posted: 09 May 2020 01:36 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment