• Breaking News

    Friday, February 4, 2022

    Trying to save an endangered language. I'm looking for advice on solutions for preserving and sharing our language and hiring a developer. Ask Programming

    Trying to save an endangered language. I'm looking for advice on solutions for preserving and sharing our language and hiring a developer. Ask Programming


    Trying to save an endangered language. I'm looking for advice on solutions for preserving and sharing our language and hiring a developer.

    Posted: 04 Feb 2022 06:26 AM PST

    Our indigenous language is down to about 12 first-language speakers today and we are running out of time to gather as many words as we can from them. We have many learners gathering words by hand in notebooks but we need to a solution that is digital and centralized. Somewhere they can add their words, or add scanned pages and others can copy into a database the words they have. Even a way to add voice recordings to those words as well. I imagine a cloud based solution with a web interface. Learners would have password access to add data, but only a few (our best speakers) could approve additions or changes. I know nothing about hiring someone to do this kind of work. Where would I go to hire? What kind of developer am I looking for? What would I be asking for? Any advice would be very appreciated.

    submitted by /u/jaeg84
    [link] [comments]

    Are there languages that allow to extend its syntax ?

    Posted: 04 Feb 2022 12:34 AM PST

    Web Application Development Vs Desktop Application Development

    Posted: 04 Feb 2022 09:46 AM PST

    For my final year project of my college, i am in need to develop an application using c# and i have decided to use c# which i am currently learning. However, i have no idea about different frameworks of c#. I heard web app is a lot harder to develop than desktop application. Can you guys give me some ideas and insights to help me choose whether to develop a web app or a desktop app? What are the requirements, what should i learn and how can i progress better ? And how long will it take if it will have functions such as tracking workout, description of stretches and yoga, blog page, etc. Thankyou in advance to every warm hearted people who will choose to help me out :)

    submitted by /u/HandDizzy
    [link] [comments]

    Which programming languages are best for a video hosting website?

    Posted: 04 Feb 2022 12:04 PM PST

    I'd like to know which programming languages would be best suited for making a simple video hosting website, and I'm not talking about whipping up some derivative site on services like Wix, I mean coding and operating the entire thing individually.

    submitted by /u/mrpsych2
    [link] [comments]

    Incrementation in function calls and then using array pointers, weird things happen

    Posted: 04 Feb 2022 08:08 AM PST

    So https://imgur.com/a/rnElaUQ this is the code and this is the output https://imgur.com/a/lkFjyY6 the problem is i have 2 tests in both the values of m and n increment the way they should and they are written out as 1 but when it comes to using the operation + on the pointer of the array n is magically back to 0 which makes 0 sense since the value is already incremented, this probably has something to do with memory and function stack and stuff but I don't know. Can anyone explain why this happens?

    submitted by /u/Ethereallie13
    [link] [comments]

    How do I build a script that sends a private DM to everyone in a discord server?

    Posted: 04 Feb 2022 06:05 AM PST

    Yes I know by reading the question it comes across that I am building a spam bot, but for reasons I actually need to do this.

    How do I go about building this script?

    submitted by /u/clueless_robot
    [link] [comments]

    As a fresher that's looking to apply for "MERN Stack Developer" Jobs , can you please tell me what could be considered as a project that i can put on my my resume(Please read description for more clarification regarding the question) ?

    Posted: 04 Feb 2022 09:34 AM PST

    I'm a self taught MERN stack developer and I learned mostly from reading documentations , Freecodecamp lectures and a couple of Udemy courses. While learning from freecodecamp and udemy I built the projects most of the time by watching the video , understanding the concept and then writing the code by myself (only looked at code when I got stuck). I would like to know if these projects are good enough to put on my resume or should I create something from scratch ? So I'm a little confused if these are good enough to put as projects or not ? Any advice and suggestion regarding this and also as a fresher how should I apply for jobs would be helpful . I have a degree in CS.

    submitted by /u/grave_96
    [link] [comments]

    CSS position

    Posted: 04 Feb 2022 08:56 AM PST

    Hey gang..I am really struggling with css position property. Pls help me by suggesting something.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/reddit__aditya
    [link] [comments]

    [C++] How do I output the contents of a file?

    Posted: 04 Feb 2022 08:56 AM PST

    https://imgur.com/yJALwf3

    I created a file, opened it, and wrote to it. I'm now trying to display the contents. When I run it the contents, in this case "test", its not displayed. I'm new to C++ any help is appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Upset_Telephone5610
    [link] [comments]

    Just started learning C++ and cant even get VS Code to work properly?

    Posted: 03 Feb 2022 09:48 PM PST

    Hi everyone. I've had a rough couple of days trying to complete the most basic of tasks and have gotten close to nowhere. I just got a g++ compiler installed and placed it in the path directly. I cannot run any program however because I always get the below error

    g++.exe: fatal error: no input files compilation terminated.

    I don't see how this is possible. I am in the correct folder and I am only executing a "helloworld" program.

    submitted by /u/kymeklmraiden
    [link] [comments]

    How to divide in Delphi

    Posted: 04 Feb 2022 08:09 AM PST

    I'm new at programming and am currently working on a calculator program. +, - and * are all good by / doesn't divide. It works if I replace / with div, but I'm wondering if there's any way I can get / to work.

    submitted by /u/SlyStallionx
    [link] [comments]

    how long until ai can write code as good or better than humans?

    Posted: 04 Feb 2022 07:37 AM PST

    Ever since I installed anaconda, Powershell or the terminals in VSCode and other IDEs always seems to start as a conda prompt (says (base) before the command line). Even when I'm not even working with Python.

    Posted: 04 Feb 2022 03:33 AM PST

    Is there a fix?

    submitted by /u/sm4e
    [link] [comments]

    Can you suggest any other closed development ecosystems similar to Apple's?

    Posted: 04 Feb 2022 06:54 AM PST

    I would like to explore iOS development but I cannot afford to buy a Mac.

    So, I am looking for any other closed ecosystems that can be done on Windows PC. I have experience with web dev and got fed up of it due to decision anxiety (framework after framework, etc.). I was never really a fan of web dev anyway.

    I have also tried Android dev but that's also pretty messy. I recently switched back to iOS for my phone anyway, so...

    Can anyone recommend another closed ecosystem that has job/career potential?

    submitted by /u/grandslammer
    [link] [comments]

    How do you charge licensing fees?

    Posted: 04 Feb 2022 02:06 AM PST

    How do you charge licensing fees?

    Customer buys the electronics from a company, sends me the units, I program them and then send them on to the customer to install in their machines.

    We've had a long working relationship so I've provided the service for free whilst we iron out all of the issues. Now it's at a stable point and the customer wants to order these units in bulk.

    I've not licensed software before and want to charge a fair price.

    submitted by /u/reddit_user33
    [link] [comments]

    new to python

    Posted: 04 Feb 2022 09:35 AM PST

    need your help to parse long txt file , for instance below is a sample:

    "a=1643694952","date=""2022-02-01""","time=""08:55:52""","dev=""AR-1KD3000335""","vno=""Admins""","type=""Flow""","subtype=""live""","act=""pc-ad""","app=""IO-CN""","applic=""unsend""","Oid=10401","","","","sitename=""F1-C1-MG-1""","dcity=""ANKA"""

    the output supposed to be like below:

    a|date|time|dev|vno|type|subtype|act|app|applic|Oid||||sitename|dcity|

    1643694952|2022-02-01|08:55:52|AR-1KD3000335|Admins|Flow|live|pc-ad|IO-CN|unsend|10401||||F1-C1-MG-1|ANKA|

    please to keep in mind that the file contains 100 line at least , I don't know how to run loop while parsing the file.

    submitted by /u/armnix78
    [link] [comments]

    Suggestions PLEASE

    Posted: 04 Feb 2022 04:56 AM PST

    Can you guys please suggest any C++ programming projects ( for school ) that a beginner can do? Ideas please!

    submitted by /u/Hasif_88
    [link] [comments]

    comment kinds

    Posted: 04 Feb 2022 03:47 AM PST

    I thought several times by now: There should be two classes of comments. [one] for explaining the code and [two] temporarily deactivated code. Maybe this could be archieved by having two different comment syntaxes.

    Is there already some kind of concept for that? Do you just comment everything the same way?

    submitted by /u/huhuhuhn
    [link] [comments]

    Can anyone point me to an assembly macro library?

    Posted: 04 Feb 2022 01:22 AM PST

    In assembly you can write 'macros' that during preprocessing get replaced with instructions.

    %macro write_string 2 mov eax, 4 mov ebx, 1 mov ecx, %1 mov edx, %2 int 80h %endmacro 

    So for example you can write:

    write_string msg, len 

    and the preprocessor will convert this to:

     mov eax, 4 mov ebx, 1 mov ecx, msg mov edx, len int 80h 

    I feel you could write similar macros that:

    • start, end and break from a loop
    • start and end a function with N bytes of data with alignment M
    • mmap files
    • ...

    You then have a primitive language.

    Has anyone done this?

    submitted by /u/XiPingTing
    [link] [comments]

    Filter hundreds of millions of S3 objects by prefix in S3.

    Posted: 03 Feb 2022 01:14 PM PST

    I have about 100 million objects in S3 and growing fast. I need to get the object keys that fall within a certain time range. These objects are stored in the following format.

    s3_bucket/[folder_id]/year=[YYYY]/month=[MM]/day=[DD]/hour=[HH]/[YYYYMMDD_HHMMSS][unique_id].json

    Bucket stays constant, but the folder changes and has a few thousand different folders. I need to filter and get all object keys in a range of say 2022-01-15 12:00 to 2022-01-18 16:00. I'll periodically need to pull different time ranges, but probably nothing over a months worth of data. Because there are millions of objects in this bucket/folder I do not want to list everything and then filter. Any suggestions for how to accomplish this?

    Right now I'm thinking I calculated the possible prefixes that fall within the time range and then make a series of ls calls. So in this example I have the following prefixes to call on S3

    year=2022/month=01/day=[15-18]/hour=[12:00-24:00]

    For full days within the range I just query all objects regardless of hour. For the first and last day I query the hours within the range. This comes out to about 30 ls calls per folder_id in this example. So about 30,000 ls calls to S3 if I have a few thousand unique folder_ids. I'm not a fan of that many calls but those should be faster than waiting for one call to return all objects in this bucket and then filtering them.

    Any suggestions welcome.

    submitted by /u/Zil82Leilt1O
    [link] [comments]

    How could I automate highlighting on pdfs using survey data?

    Posted: 03 Feb 2022 02:05 PM PST

    I don't have any programming background, but I am looking to simplify a time consuming task for work.

    The Problem: Currently, part of our work is to send out surveys to around 20 people. For simplicity sake, there are 50 sentences and we ask them to choose 10 that are relevant to them. Once we receive the results, we currently go through each person's answers and highlight a pdf version of the sentences. So in the end we send out 20 individual pdf's that have their personal answers highlighted.

    I feel that this process could easily be automated with a simple program, but I don't know what that would look like, or how the program would work between the generated excel survey results and Adobe pdf.

    Is this possible? How difficult would it be to program and attempt to automate this task? If we were to hire a programmer to write this code, how much should we expect to pay?

    submitted by /u/BrickHardcheese
    [link] [comments]

    Sudoku Problem

    Posted: 03 Feb 2022 06:33 PM PST

    Hi, I can't seem to figure out what's wrong with my code, any ideas?

    import java.util.Stack; import java.util.Arrays; public class SudokuSolver { public class Choice { int row; int col; int num; public Choice() { int[][] mergedGrid = mergedGrid(); boolean foundZero = false; int i = 0; while(foundZero == false){ for (int j = 0; j < 9; j++) { if (mergedGrid[i][j] == 0) { col = j; foundZero = true; } } i++; } } private Choice(int num, int row, int col){ int[][] mergedGrid = mergedGrid(); mergedGrid[row][col] = num; } public Choice nextChoice() { num++; return new Choice(num, row, col); } public boolean unconsideredChoicesExist() { if(num<9){ return true; }else{ return false; } } public boolean couldLeadToSolution() { int[][] mergedGrid = mergedGrid(); for (int x = 0; x < 9; x++){ if (mergedGrid[row][x] == num && x != col){ return false; } } for (int j = 0; j < 9; j++){ if (mergedGrid[j][col] == num && j != row){ return false; } } int startRow = row - row % 3; int startCol = col - col % 3; for (int i = 0; i < 3; i++){ for (int p = 0; p < 3; p++){ if (mergedGrid[i + startRow][p + startCol] == num) { return false; }}} return true; } public String toString() { String string = row + " " + col + " " + num; return string; } } private int[][] mergedGrid() { int[][] mergedGrid = new int[9][9]; for (int r = 0; r < 9; r++) { for (int c = 0; c < 9; c++) { mergedGrid[r][c] = grid[r][c]; } } for (Choice choice : stack) { mergedGrid[choice.row][choice.col] = choice.num; } return mergedGrid; } int[][] grid; Stack<Choice> stack = new Stack<Choice>(); public SudokuSolver(int[][] grid) { this.grid = grid; stack = new Stack<Choice>(); } public boolean solutionFound() { int[][] mergedGrid = mergedGrid(); int[] correct = {1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9}; int[] check = new int[9]; int count = 0; //check columns for(int i = 0; i<9;i++){ for(int j = 0; j<9;j++){ check[j] += mergedGrid[i][j]; } Arrays.sort(check); if(Arrays.equals(check, correct)){ count++; } } Arrays.fill(check, 0); //check all rows for(int i = 0; i<9;i++){ for(int j = 0; j<9;j++){ check[j] += mergedGrid[j][i]; } Arrays.sort(check); if(Arrays.equals(check, correct)){ count++; } } //check all boxes int startRow = 0; int startCol = 0; int g = 0; Arrays.fill(check, 0); for(int n = 0; n<9; n++){ for (int i = 0; i < 3; i++){ for (int j = 0; j < 3; j++){ check[g] = mergedGrid[j+startRow][i+startCol]; g++; }} if(check == correct){ count++; } g = 0; if(startCol == 0 || startCol == 3){ startCol += 3; }else if(startRow != 8){ startCol = 0; startRow++; } } if(count >= 27){ return true; }else{ return false; } } private void printSolution() { int[][] mergedGrid = mergedGrid(); for(int i =0; i<9;i++){ for(int j = 0; j<9;j++){ System.out.println(mergedGrid[j][i]); } } } public int solve() { // DO NOT MODIFY THIS METHOD! int numSolutions = 0; Choice choice = new Choice(); while (true) { if (choice.couldLeadToSolution()) { stack.push(choice); choice = new Choice(); } else if (choice.unconsideredChoicesExist()) { choice = choice.nextChoice(); } else { if (stack.isEmpty()) break; choice = stack.pop().nextChoice(); } if (solutionFound()) { printSolution(); numSolutions++; choice = stack.pop(); choice = choice.nextChoice(); } } return numSolutions; } public static void main(String[] args) { // DO NOT MODIFY THIS METHOD! int[][] solvableGrid = {{0,3,9,0,0,0,7,0,0}, {0,0,0,7,0,0,1,0,0}, {6,0,0,0,8,0,0,0,4}, {8,0,4,0,0,7,0,0,6}, {0,0,0,8,0,0,4,0,0}, {0,5,0,2,0,6,8,1,0}, {0,0,0,0,0,0,0,7,0}, {5,8,0,0,0,3,9,4,0}, {7,2,3,4,0,8,6,0,0}}; int[][] unsolvableGrid = {{3,1,6,5,7,8,4,2,0}, {5,2,0,0,0,0,0,0,0}, {0,8,7,0,0,0,0,3,1}, {0,0,3,0,1,0,0,8,0}, {9,0,0,8,6,3,0,0,5}, {0,5,0,0,9,0,6,0,0}, {1,3,0,0,0,0,2,5,0}, {0,0,0,0,0,0,0,7,4}, {0,0,5,2,0,6,3,0,0}}; SudokuSolver solver; int numSolutions; System.out.println("Testing solvable puzzle..." + System.lineSeparator()); solver = new SudokuSolver(solvableGrid); numSolutions = solver.solve(); if (numSolutions == 0) System.out.println(System.lineSeparator() + "No solution exists"); System.out.println("=================" + System.lineSeparator()); System.out.println("Testing unsolvable puzzle..."); solver = new SudokuSolver(unsolvableGrid); numSolutions = solver.solve(); if (numSolutions == 0) System.out.println(System.lineSeparator() + "No solution exists"); } } 
    submitted by /u/My_Kanye_Best
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment