• Breaking News

    Thursday, February 10, 2022

    Time to build a portfolio. learn programming

    Time to build a portfolio. learn programming


    Time to build a portfolio.

    Posted: 10 Feb 2022 04:46 AM PST

    Hi guys. I'm a self taught programmer, I've been learning HTML, CSS, JavaScript, Bootstrap, and JQuery for about a year now - and I think the time has come to take the next step. I want to start building a portfolio to show potential employers when the time comes.

    Now, of course I could just dream up a few random websites off of my own back and then go ahead and build them. However, the more I ponder on it, the more I think I'd like to pick up a few REAL projects and do the work for free on agreement that the end piece can be featured in my portfolio. I'd also request feedback from the client that I'd include in my portfolio too. I just think this would look much better to potential employers.

    My question is, has anyone gone about this in the same way? What was your experience? How did you find clients for smaller, less demanding projects to start with? I've put out a few posts on certain Facebook pages but I had mixed responses - none of which lead me anywhere.

    Any ideas or direction in this would be massively appreciated.

    Thanks in advance :)

    submitted by /u/RoadyCoder
    [link] [comments]

    Beginner having problems

    Posted: 10 Feb 2022 03:37 AM PST

    Hello everyone! I just started learning programming like a month ago. I learned html css very first and thought i was coding/programming and later realised these are not programming languages. Next i started to learn js and as i stepped into in i was shocked to see how hard it was. I was about to give up on my very first day of learning an actual programming language, But then a friend suggested to do python first as it is easy and fun to learn…Well it was all fun till i got into py loops. My brain could catch anything from loops topic.

    So, My question is: Is it normal to get stuck on basic things as a beginner?? If yes then i might be just overthinking

    Also the things i learned before in py are pretty much clear to me but for now i really don't know where to use what thing. My second question is: Is problem solving a natural skill you are born with or you get that skill as you continue your programming learning journey?

    submitted by /u/hunny231
    [link] [comments]

    Starting in CyberSec as a complete noob

    Posted: 10 Feb 2022 05:09 AM PST

    Hello people of the internet,

    Am writing this post as I want to get some leads to where about I could start learning the basics you need to get started in Cyber Security (Python / Linux) as a complete newbie that had no previous experience but has a huge drive towards this field. I got a 20% OFF voucher or all purchases on Hack The Box Academy, would this be a decent start?

    All answers are highly appreciated. Thanks and all the best.

    submitted by /u/Top_Alternative_7981
    [link] [comments]

    hs senior with many question(beginner)

    Posted: 10 Feb 2022 06:29 AM PST

    i dont know why but it seems like everyone in my class has some kind of background and theyre all doing projects quickly. i always seem behind even though i usually check most of what i dont know online. do you think these people do what i do or would you say they dont need to check their problems online? ty

    submitted by /u/Kaytto-00
    [link] [comments]

    googler vs developer

    Posted: 10 Feb 2022 04:52 AM PST

    Please read till the end

    If i want to build a screen video recorder using python, there will be a start recording button and a pause recording button, so my first step will be to know how to record a screen video using python..right?, i googled "how to record video using python" And found this article:https://www.thepythoncode.com/article/make-screen-recorder-python In this article there is a whole code for recording screen video, so is it okay to take the code, understand it and apply it? If the answer is "it's okay" so where is the thinking in programming ? Or let's say i need to build a weather app, so i need to know how to get the weather using python, so i googled "getting weather for any country using python" and found this article: https://www.tutorialspoint.com/find-current-weather-of-any-city-using-openweathermap-api-in-python There is a whole code for doing the job, if i get the code and understand it, am i still a programmer?

    Please notice: i'm not talking here about logical problems

    I have asked this question many people and none of them understand me, i'm so confused and need from the expert people here to make things clear, thx in advanced

    submitted by /u/khldonAlkateh
    [link] [comments]

    How many threads does a computer usually have.

    Posted: 10 Feb 2022 02:37 AM PST

    So I'm learning what the thread is through this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOfGJcVnvAk and I wonder why this guy has so many many threads like thousands of them (when he shows an example at 4:33). Even the modern chip like Intel Core i9-7960X only has 16 cores 32 threads as I have seen so far. Am I miss understanding something or this guy uses some kind of super computer?

    submitted by /u/Head_Dare_387
    [link] [comments]

    Do programmers in other countries use their own language in comments and variables?

    Posted: 10 Feb 2022 06:52 AM PST

    I work on a multinational team consisting of several different time zones. I got to thinking in our stand up today: If it was just the Colombian programmers would they use Spanish in their code at all or would they use English? Does it depend on who the product is for? I realize there's probably not a Spanish version of React.

    submitted by /u/mymar101
    [link] [comments]

    Are one-dimensional arrays in java always stored in a contiguous fashion in heap memory i.e the elements in array object are stored one after the other?

    Posted: 10 Feb 2022 03:01 AM PST

    Can someone explain this concept.

    I was going through tack overflow and came across this question.

    Question

    However, I cannot understand how is it possible that elements in an array object are stored in contiguous fashion but it states in the second answer that ... The memory for the heap does not need to be continuous.

    submitted by /u/SourabhShekharChavan
    [link] [comments]

    Whats the best way to get started.

    Posted: 10 Feb 2022 06:41 AM PST

    I am looking for just some coding basics with python or javascript, it is not for a certain reason other than I crave the knowledge. I always kick myself for not getting into this sooner. The furthest level of education when it comes to the computer field is I IP cameras and network switches for installs and have used a computer since my first compaq. Sorry now I am rambling. If anyone has any good suggestions on where to start and a good beginner vid or what not that would be awesome. Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/Low_Damage9910
    [link] [comments]

    Crediting Github Code

    Posted: 10 Feb 2022 06:19 AM PST

    I'm making a program for my company. There's a code snippet on Github that would work well for a small part of my program. How do I properly credit this work?

    submitted by /u/pointtoline
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment