• Breaking News

    Sunday, February 13, 2022

    My Success Story web developers

    My Success Story web developers


    My Success Story

    Posted: 13 Feb 2022 06:36 AM PST

    I will make this short but I wanted to share something with the community.

    I started learning full stack in Dec. 2020, and quit my job and started studying full time around March 2021. Between May and September I was homeless, sleeping in my car and studying at Books A Million or wherever I could find wifi.

    A few days ago I signed my first offer letter for a junior full stack role.

    My primary stack was MERN but this role has me learning PHP, Laravel, Blade, but uses a lot of the knowledge I have gained in the last year and a half as well.

    I just wanted to say that it is possible. It is infinitely possible as long as you put in the work, you put in the dedication, you strive to be a good learner. There are days where you will feel defeated, but learn from your failure. Every failure is an opportunity to learn something new and do something better. Don't give up.

    submitted by /u/TheStonedPython
    [link] [comments]

    VScode extension recommendations

    Posted: 13 Feb 2022 03:03 AM PST

    What's your workflow for checking progress & getting notified when CI/CD builds deploy?

    Posted: 13 Feb 2022 07:27 AM PST

    I'm working on a WordPress website with 2 devs where the workflow is a bit of a mess. To deploy to production, you have to push your commit to a remote git repo which gets immediately deployed, where your commit includes the build files (CSS and JS). We get (rare) problems where people forget to run the build script first and local dependencies can cause the build to be different.

    I'm trying to set up a CI/CD workflow where you push to GitHub, then GitHub Actions produces the build files, and then pushes them to the production server. The devs are seeing it like this though:

    • Old way: You run npm run build then commit and git push in the terminal (which you can wrap in a single script). When the terminal command completes you know the commit is live. Takes a few seconds, simple to understand and debug, and you get feedback on how the deploy is going and when it's complete directly in the terminal.

    • New way: You commit and git push and it succeeds with no progress indicator of the deploy in the terminal. You then have to wait a minute or 2 for GitHub Actions to run. Then you either get an email or Slack message (notifications pop-ups this are annoying) that the build succeeded or failed. If it failed, debugging GitHub Actions is a skill it itself and can be time consuming.

    Is the new way worth it? Can the feedback loop be improved? I've used Heroku before where the build logs are showed in the terminal as the "git push" command is running which was a much nicer workflow.

    submitted by /u/pineappleperspective
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for something like Search.io but self hosted, or open source.

    Posted: 13 Feb 2022 04:53 AM PST

    Anyone have any good options? Looking for something that has the power of Search.io but self hosted preferably, as we'd use it for multiple domains.

    submitted by /u/Dasweb
    [link] [comments]

    why did this happen ?

    Posted: 13 Feb 2022 06:56 AM PST

    [canvas tag] I'm trying to draw three moving circles in 2d rendering context. What's producing the triangle in the middle?

    Posted: 13 Feb 2022 06:56 AM PST

    Something's wrong with how I draw circles in the render function.

    animation

    document.addEventListener("DOMContentLoaded", () => { // setup canvas const canvas = document.getElementById("canvas") as HTMLCanvasElement; const ctx = canvas.getContext("2d"); const width = canvas.width = window.innerWidth; const height = canvas.height = window.innerHeight; const centerY = height / 2; const centerX = width / 2; const offset = height / 4; // speeds const [slowS, fastS, fasterS] = [0.033, 0.066, 0.1]; // angles let [slowA, fastA, fasterA] = [0, 0, 0]; render(); function render() { // vertical translation const yslow = centerY + Math.sin(slowA) * offset; const yfast = centerY + Math.sin(fastA) * offset; const yfaster = centerY + Math.sin(fasterA) * offset; ctx.clearRect(0, 0, width, height); // draw circles ctx.beginPath() ctx.arc(width / 4, yslow, 50, 0, Math.PI * 2, false); ctx.arc(width / 2, yfast, 50, 0, Math.PI * 2, false); ctx.arc(3 * (width / 4), yfaster, 50, 0, Math.PI * 2, false); ctx.fill(); slowA += slowS; fastA += fastS; fasterA += fasterS; requestAnimationFrame(render) } }) 
    submitted by /u/Yentocreate
    [link] [comments]

    node/express redirect error

    Posted: 13 Feb 2022 06:42 AM PST

    Let's say I have a tag like <a href="/test"> test </a> in my html file and the following code block in node.js.

    app.get('/test', (req, res) => { res.redirect('/'); }); 

    Basically, I'd like my web app to redirect users to the '/' homepage immediately after clicking the '/test' link. But I get a 404 error with 'Not found' showing up on my page and the url on the client-side is still /test. What am I doing wrong?

    submitted by /u/qwerrewqasdffdsa
    [link] [comments]

    A Developer-Ready API Marketplace

    Posted: 13 Feb 2022 12:49 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment