• Breaking News

    Sunday, February 13, 2022

    I made a site that generates lofi hiphop algorithmically (lofigenerator.com) web developers

    I made a site that generates lofi hiphop algorithmically (lofigenerator.com) web developers


    I made a site that generates lofi hiphop algorithmically (lofigenerator.com)

    Posted: 12 Feb 2022 06:33 AM PST

    I built a tool to convert images to ASCII Art (text picture).

    Posted: 12 Feb 2022 03:37 PM PST

    I built Yearly Planner in Public and in Low Code under 4 days!

    Posted: 12 Feb 2022 09:32 PM PST

    [Showoff Saturday] Built Spotify Desktop App in MacOS Clone

    Posted: 12 Feb 2022 09:36 AM PST

    We were bored so me and m(34)y boyf(32)riend built a desk booking app during Christmas lockdown. We wanted it to have interactive floorplans, tagging, stats etc. We'd like people to try it and give their honest feedback ♥️

    Posted: 12 Feb 2022 04:28 AM PST

    [Showoff Saturday] It took me 3 weeks to learn Three.js and the 3DCSSRenderer to create this intro & parallax effect responding to the mouse movement (Desktop Only)

    Posted: 12 Feb 2022 09:18 AM PST

    I recreated the VS Code layout as a reusable component

    Posted: 12 Feb 2022 04:28 AM PST

    [Showoff Saturday] I built wowc.io - a 3D website I hope will be pleasing to scroll

    Posted: 12 Feb 2022 07:11 AM PST

    Turn your github into a resume (rysolv.com)

    Posted: 12 Feb 2022 08:31 AM PST

    Umm... How am I supposed to get a web dev job with this level of competition? Seeing these jobs im applying to with so many applicants is greatly discouraging.

    Posted: 12 Feb 2022 12:39 PM PST

    Do we really use object-oriented concepts of javascript like call, bind, apply, prototype, etc in day-to-day life in websites that use frameworks such as React and Vue ?

    Posted: 13 Feb 2022 12:06 AM PST

    I am giving interviews for the frontend position and in every interview, they seem to just ask about all these concepts. I work currently in an eCommerce company, we use Vue js as the framework but in my 2 yrs of experience I have never used object-oriented concepts of javascript, rather we use functional programming. Is object-oriented programming javascript really used everywhere or these are some generic questions that are being asked in interviews?

    submitted by /u/boi_normie
    [link] [comments]

    Online (PWA) adaptation of the conversation card game We’re Not Really Strangers

    Posted: 12 Feb 2022 05:40 PM PST

    Old UI vs New UI - I am thinking of redesigning my blog page (pankajtanwar.in). I'd love some feedback on it. Please be nice, the backend guy is still learning.

    Posted: 12 Feb 2022 10:10 AM PST

    My final computer science project in javascript: a pseudo 3d world oriented to education.

    Posted: 12 Feb 2022 07:11 PM PST

    I wanted to see if I could recreate the balloon game from that awesome personal site posted a few weeks back. CodePen + Tutorial.

    Posted: 12 Feb 2022 10:16 AM PST

    Where to host my demo/learning projects?

    Posted: 12 Feb 2022 08:11 PM PST

    I am only just learning web dev using Node.js and I'm looking for a place to host. I am looking for an easy and straightforward solution that won't cost me a lot of money.

    For now and the foreseeable future this is just for personal use so very small scale. I will need a database but I can't imagine needing even 100MB of space. Also traffic will be just me and some friends.
    I - obviously - also need to run Node.js.

    I know there are MANY options like AWS, Azure, DigitalOcean... but they offer a lot of different products and I have no idea which I would need.

    Can you give me tips on which product from which provider would be best for hosting a small scale app with little hassle. I -think- I need a VPS and I need to install the tools there myself... since managed hosting would be a lot more expensive, right?

    submitted by /u/MickJof
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to render files from a MySQL database into a website?

    Posted: 12 Feb 2022 10:16 PM PST

    Is there a way to render files from a MySQL database into a website?

    I'm tasked to build a web document management system where files (PDFs, and perhaps images) will be uploaded and viewed later in the website. Currently what I have is the upload goes into MySQl workbench, in a longblob data type field.

    I want to render the files on the webpage somewhat like research journal websites that have a PDF viewer of some sort in their pages.

    I tried selecting the File value off the database table, and placing it in iframe's src attribute but it does not do anything. Though iframe does render the file if given a file address on my computer.

    https://preview.redd.it/m7o0aem0mjh81.png?width=223&format=png&auto=webp&s=d8a258593f9f137bfffbdf0075fbf9b5fff4cbaf

    submitted by /u/Nagusameta
    [link] [comments]

    [Showoff Saturday] Landing page for personal data analytics app - metriport.ai

    Posted: 12 Feb 2022 04:41 PM PST

    I added a community doodle feature to my website

    Posted: 12 Feb 2022 10:46 AM PST

    A company offered me a 3-month paid internship, should I accept the offer?

    Posted: 12 Feb 2022 02:00 PM PST

    I am 22 years old, have no work experience, and no degree

    I applied for a junior-mid reactjs position in a local company, luckily I got a response from them, which they selected me for an interview and also gave me a coding task that was 10/10 for them

    This week I spoke with the owner of the company for the final interview and he offered me a 3-month paid internship with the possibility to join as a full-time employee at them

    Should I accept this offer? considering I want to work as a full-time junior developer at the moment?

    submitted by /u/albenis99
    [link] [comments]

    Honest opinion about my portfolio

    Posted: 12 Feb 2022 06:36 PM PST

    Hi fellow /r/webdev developers!

    For the last two weeks I have been doing my portfolio. It is basically finished at this point even though it is not responsive yet. I used NextJS plus some NPM packages. It would mean a lot to me if you guys could give me some feedback about what I have done with it so far.

    Thank you all in advance!

    https://reddit.com/link/sr7yp4/video/xu2z7t7piih81/player

    submitted by /u/achoissoumsaco
    [link] [comments]

    Firefox Peer’s Certificate has been revoked

    Posted: 13 Feb 2022 12:24 AM PST

    Hey! I have a website setup on a domain. It's been up for around 1.5 years with no problems but now firefox is complaining about insecure connection.

    More specifically "SEC_ERROR_REVOKED_CERTIFICATE"/"Peer's Certificate has been revoked".
    When viewing the website on chrome I can access the site without any issues and can see that the connection is secure and have an SSL Server Certificate from Let's Encrypt.

    But Firefox says that the connection is not encrypted at all.
    I use caddy to serve our django backend and our react frontend.
    Funnily the backend url works fine, it's only our react frontend url which complains.

    submitted by /u/stikydude
    [link] [comments]

    How do you guys/gals handle complexity of web app

    Posted: 12 Feb 2022 11:41 PM PST

    If you don't want to read my question: How can I learn to handle complexity in web app?

    I am working on a self project with node.js. It's like reddit.

    My tech stack Node.js with express.js pug for html engine (view) mariadb for sql queries (database)

    For every table in db i have a .js file for each table in database i control adding deleting uptading database queries and use those js files everywhere in app i have 3 router under router folder(for user, post, thread)now everthing is messed up its too hard to catch error when errors occur and i have a lot of .pug files in view folder and when I tried to add something to this website It's so hard to add something

    For examle i want to add bootstrap alert to this website tried to use sessions in order to do that but i have to add every render function that says is there a message if its there consume it it's so hard and what if i want to remove that facilitiy

    Is my tech stack wrong. Is that natural couse of growÅŸng your app. Is there certain desgin technieques for avoiding mess up a project bcuz of growth. How can I learn to handle complexity could you guys give me a book advice or something like that web resources etc.

    submitted by /u/kuzeydekibuyucu
    [link] [comments]

    [Showoff Saturday] I designed and built my first website while teaching myself web development over the last several months. There are no libraries. Just CSS/HTML/JS and Cats.

    Posted: 12 Feb 2022 04:11 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment