• Breaking News

    Thursday, February 10, 2022

    Future decryption? Ask Programming

    Future decryption? Ask Programming


    Future decryption?

    Posted: 10 Feb 2022 01:42 AM PST

    Maybe a simple idea but the thought is to write something, encrypt it and then it will get decrypted in the future. Simple way is the key and encrypted data run on that date on schedule/decrypt. But what about being part of the "code" or blockchain idk...

    Just thinking about like post death sensitive info would be interesting. It's public but can't be accessed until then. And it's not reliant on a job scheduler/centralized place.

    submitted by /u/top_of_the_scrote
    [link] [comments]

    Where can I post my resume and github to be reviewed?

    Posted: 09 Feb 2022 08:57 PM PST

    I updated my resume and created a github and wanted to know if im ready to start applying and if theres anything i can do to make my resume and github look more professional and eye catching. Is askprogramming a good place to post this or are thier better subs?

    submitted by /u/funkydude321
    [link] [comments]

    System.IO.IOException that does...nothing?

    Posted: 09 Feb 2022 09:02 PM PST

    I have a C# program that makes HTTP requests to a server via HttpClient. Said HttpClient is a static object used by every function that uses internet functionality, whether it's gets, posts, etc and has a Timeout of 5 seconds. All requests go to the same server.

    Whenever the user (in this case, me) goes more than approximately 75 seconds without making a request, I will get this exception:

    'System.IO.IOException' in System.Net.Sockets.dll 

    For example, if I made a request 5 minutes in, 5 minutes 15 seconds in, and 5 minutes 30 seconds in, I will get the exception at about 6 minutes 45 seconds. Once the exception occurs, it does not occur again until I make another request, at which point it will happen ~75 seconds later.

    The exception causes no problems whatsoever. Program functionality is completely unhindered, as far as I can tell. I can safely ignore the exception and continue using the program as usual.

    I'm guessing what's happening is connections are being killed/GCed due to inactivity and then reopened when necessary, but I don't like the idea of doing this with exceptions that I simply ignore. Is there a better way to handle this?

    submitted by /u/GetawaySubmarine
    [link] [comments]

    QR code Help... web video doesn't play sound from QR code link.

    Posted: 10 Feb 2022 02:23 AM PST

    When anybody scans my QR code it links to my website where theres a video that autoplays with background sound and the sound is very important.

    It plays the video sound in my browser and phone but not on my phone via the QR scan....

    It even shows the muted video sound symbol within my video (bottom right icon) but that isn't clickable either...

    How is this possible? please can I get some help.

    I'm using https://app.qr-code-generator.com/

    <video width="1000" height="720" controls="" autoplay="" data-scale="50" class="">

    <source src="\[https://files.cargocollective.com/c123456/NAME OF FILE .mp4\](https://files.cargocollective.com/c1364272/1\_giant-leap-4\_mankind--1-.mp4)">

    </video><br>

    Example of my code ^ which works fine except via QR scan

    submitted by /u/GhostOfMozart
    [link] [comments]

    What SHS strand and College course should I take?

    Posted: 10 Feb 2022 02:18 AM PST

    I'm currently in 10th grade and I want to learn about computer hardware. I'm kind of confused whether to take ICT or STEM for SHS strand and Computer Engineering or Information Technology for College course. What are your thoughts? Thank you!

    submitted by /u/xmaeumi
    [link] [comments]

    Bind, call, and apply are making no sense to me. This book's explanation also doesn't help. Super confused, can anyone help?

    Posted: 10 Feb 2022 12:45 AM PST

    Book I'm reading states this. However, they did not define any of these functions. I thought the book was trying to say that, by calling a.bind(b) then, it would be function a's code but with b being the thing referred to as this, if this is called or used in a. So to test my theory, I wrote the below but it gave me totally unexpected output. I was expecting to see "2 - joe" somewhere but that never happened.

    So then I thought "oh duh, it's because these functions aren't returning anything, that's why when I call them I get "undefined". So I change it to this instead but that made no difference. In this last image, I really expected all of them to print "2 - joe" but not a single one did. So what the heck is going on? What effect do bind, call, and apply do at all cuz I have no idea...

    submitted by /u/puremath369
    [link] [comments]

    How can I edit a large number of HTML files with data in Excel?

    Posted: 09 Feb 2022 09:00 AM PST

    Hey guys, I have to edit around 500 html files that have a list of categories. I have an excel sheet with elements that are to appear under a specific html file and under a specific category in that file. How can I write a script (and in what language) that takes these elements (in excel) and puts them in their respective html file and category? I'm not a programmer but have some understanding of html/css/python.

    submitted by /u/K6940
    [link] [comments]

    Should I continue studying to become a Software Engineer?

    Posted: 09 Feb 2022 11:13 PM PST

    I recently have been asked this question a lot by my family and based on the evidence provided, it looks more and more like a question I need to answer sooner rather than never.

    The evidence in question is that this is my fourth time retaking the 2nd calculus class in a row. Granted this was when around Covid hit and teachers had to scrambles in unknown territory to try to teach their students online, but still it has been hard for me.

    Another piece of evidence is that I have not programmed in a while. granted there are some factors involved like me being focused on other things like passing my classes and working hard at work. but one of the main problems is that I cannot figure out for the life of me how to construct a program I have in mind. I also have had to(during when I was taking my programming classes) get constant help from the tutoring center, and together me and them would figure a program out. I know its not a bad thing to ask for help but someday or another I will be expected to do this on m own, and I don't know if I can do it.

    This frustrates me and makes me question whether or not I should continue. An interesting point one of my family members made is that I need to be passionate about what I do in life or I will find my life unfulfilling, and given the actions described above, I do not know whether or not I do have a passion for this field.

    the final piece of evidence is my ability to navigate discrete mathematics. A problem I had was to write a truth table for a test, and I failed miserably at the most basic of questions. when I asked what to do from here on out, my teacher said to retake the class next semester( I have not been doing that well in the class up to this point either).

    But the reason I have not straight-up given up on this major is that I do feel like I am going somewhere with it. All my programming classes are done, I am just stuck taking math classes. And I don't want to throw nearly a half a decade of studying and hard work just because of some math classes I am required to take.

    submitted by /u/TheAverageRediot
    [link] [comments]

    Have been trying to solve this problem for practice and keep getting stuck

    Posted: 09 Feb 2022 05:35 PM PST

    Hello all,

    I recently found a word problem in Leetcode Discussions I wanted to solve. Here it is: https://pastebin.com/tDEqbkM7

    I was able to solve it basically with brute force, but is there any OOP fashion or other ways to solve this besides just brute force?

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/ncaa_scammer
    [link] [comments]

    What's some real usage of Java GUI ?

    Posted: 09 Feb 2022 10:49 AM PST

    I've started learning Java Swing, and I wander what's some real life applications of this.

    thanks

    submitted by /u/TheOtherAKS
    [link] [comments]

    Help?

    Posted: 09 Feb 2022 06:08 PM PST

    Can you create a JButton that redirects you to another GUI in Intellij? If yes how do I make one?

    submitted by /u/Kon_bi_ni
    [link] [comments]

    Printing the first and last letters of each word in a string

    Posted: 09 Feb 2022 05:40 PM PST

    Hey everyone, for my class I was asked to write a function that takes in a list of words and returns a string containing the first/last character of each word in the list, it would look like this

    first_last( (['Test','String'])

    'Tt Sg'

    I'm not even sure where I'd start with this. I know how to find the first and last letter of a single given word, but I'm not sure how I could apply this to every single word in a list. Does anyone know how I could go about doing that?

    submitted by /u/2701hz
    [link] [comments]

    Basic c# help on vscode

    Posted: 09 Feb 2022 10:37 AM PST

    Hi, So I recently started learning c# from a course I bought and the guy I'm watching has the ability to choose a project when opening a new file yet this does not appear for me. Is there something I'm not doing right ? Sorry I know this is probably a dumb question

    submitted by /u/renen-m
    [link] [comments]

    what was trendy and shinny 10 years ago in web dev?

    Posted: 09 Feb 2022 03:25 PM PST

    I know I am generalising massively here but rn I think React in frontend, Spring in BE, Rust or C++ for security and system level stuff and k8s and AWS for deployment are the most popular tech in web dev just wandering how was the scene back in 2010-2014?

    submitted by /u/latest_ali
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a standard (similar to JUnit) for tracking project performance between releases?

    Posted: 09 Feb 2022 03:09 PM PST

    I've got code bases in Python, JavaScript, Elixir and C#. JUnit was kind of the standard output for testing that could be parsed by a lot of CI/CD tools for dashboards and charts. Is there a similar standard, or emerging standard, for tracking performance of code blocks between releases or git commits?

    The only thing I've found after modest research is codespeed as used by https://speed.python.org

    A huge bonus would be tracking SQL queries too.

    Thoughts?

    submitted by /u/LightShadow
    [link] [comments]

    Importing Python to Enso?

    Posted: 09 Feb 2022 02:40 PM PST

    How do I import the Python library to the Enso IDE?

    submitted by /u/AscMcMid_Taurus11th
    [link] [comments]

    VS Code: Issue with merging branches and bugged out merge options!

    Posted: 09 Feb 2022 10:16 AM PST

    Trying to merge dev branch into my local branch but VSCode shows merge conflict like this, instead of the normal way with options accept/compare changes.

    Weird thing is that it works normally on some files and bugs out for some. When it doesn't work it doesn't even open the files on click (only when you click the 'open file' icon) and then shows the bugged out merge options.

    I've tried removing addons, restarting and reinstalling vscode and deleting all vscode related data, but nothing works.

    I could theoretically do it manually, but it's inconvenient and takes up time.

    Anyone had issues with this?

    submitted by /u/Aewass
    [link] [comments]

    Puzzle piece generator

    Posted: 09 Feb 2022 01:56 PM PST

    Hello,

    Is getting a program developed that designs unique puzzle pieces that satisfy certain criteria (size of pieces, edge pieces interlocking) something that can be done on a small business budget?

    The program would ideally create new pieces for each puzzle based on the dimensions of the puzzle and puzzle piece count.

    I could see providing it files of cut patterns of different puzzles to give it data to learn from.

    What would be the best way to go about getting something like this created and any idea of budget for such project?

    submitted by /u/LaxShagger
    [link] [comments]

    What should someone aspiring to create a game learn to do ?

    Posted: 09 Feb 2022 01:38 PM PST

    Any assist is welcome thank‍ you all , I dont want to reveal much about my game but it will be a mmo with character selections and items along with the ability to customize characters before match start etc .. any pointers

    submitted by /u/AustereOutage
    [link] [comments]

    Hello! Need help getting a Docx from Spring Boot backend

    Posted: 09 Feb 2022 12:20 AM PST

    I have a spring boot project and I'm generating a docx using the docx4j-ImportXHTML plugin. How do I pass that file to the form so that the browser of the user can download it? I keep trying to open the file but MS Word and all other word processors see it as corrupt.

    Obligatory sorry if the question is kinda stupid and thanks in advance :)

    submitted by /u/sk8erteo1997
    [link] [comments]

    Prediction for random number generator

    Posted: 09 Feb 2022 01:07 PM PST

    So there is this game written in c++. In that game there is a mini game which generates random number where it starts from 1 up to about 8. There are always 2 digits after dot: for example: 1.01;1.10;1.25;2.01;3.68. i thought is there a possibility to predict upcomming number if I take a log(like 100 or 1000 of these random numbers) of them. (It's just a thought, if it's stupid just ignore it)

    submitted by /u/EuropeanFromUS
    [link] [comments]

    Is there an issue with my code?

    Posted: 09 Feb 2022 12:46 PM PST

    This is a guessing game i created, but I think there is a problem here is the code:

    `#include <iostream>

    #include <cmath>

    #include <cstdlib>

    #include <ctime>

    using namespace std;

    int main()

    {

    //DATA ABSTRACTION:

    int num1, num2;

    int userGuess;

    srand(time(0));

    int userTries = 0;

    int computerNum;

    //INPUT:

    cout<<"Please enter 2 integers: ";

    cinnum1num2;

    computerNum = rand() % num1;

    computerNum = rand() % num2;

    cout<<"I'm thinking of a number between " <<num1 <<" and " <<num2<<".\n";

    do

    {

    //PROCESS:

    userTries++;

    cout<<"Enter guess: ";

    cin>>userGuess;

    if(userGuess < computerNum)

    {

    cout<<" - Too Low\n";

    }

    else if(userGuess>computerNum)

    {

    cout<<" - Too High\n";

    }

    }

    while(userGuess != computerNum);

    cout<<"Correct, it took you " <<userTries<<" tries to guess my number.";

    //ASSUMPTIONS:

    return 0;

    }`

    I think that I have an error somewhere, but I can't seem to find it. Another problem when I test my code it works, but if the first number is larger than the second, I get weird results. Please, if anyone can help I'd appreciate it.

    submitted by /u/Deezlo89
    [link] [comments]

    Download a web widget as a png with Python?

    Posted: 09 Feb 2022 08:50 AM PST

    As the title says, I am trying to download a web widget once a day as a static image that can be sent via a telegram bot. I have done this before on an embedded png image using the requests library, but now I need a different image and the only ones I can find are all interactive widgets.

    Is there a way to send a widget via telegram or export it as a static image?

    submitted by /u/Connorr_mcd6
    [link] [comments]

    What is inode or index node?

    Posted: 08 Feb 2022 11:56 PM PST

    I've often heard of inode or index node but don't understand what it is. Is it the same or is there is a difference?

    submitted by /u/Turbo_cat_7767
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment