• Breaking News

    Thursday, September 30, 2021

    Linux installation "adjust the paths to the compulsory external libraries" means? Ask Programming

    Linux installation "adjust the paths to the compulsory external libraries" means? Ask Programming


    Linux installation "adjust the paths to the compulsory external libraries" means?

    Posted: 30 Sep 2021 03:52 PM PDT

    I am trying to install CtalyticFoam https://github.com/multiscale-catalysis-polimi/catalyticFoam

    After installing openFoam8 they ask to install following compulsory external libraries

    [Eigen](http://eigen.tuxfamily.org/index.php?title=Main\_Page) -

    [RapidXML](http://rapidxml.sourceforge.net/) -

    [Boost C++](http://www.boost.org/) -

    [OpenSMOKE++][1] (provided with the current version of catalyticFoam)

    Later they say "

    1. Open the mybashrc
      , choose the version of OpenFOAM you are using (4.x = 40, 5.x = 50, 6.x = 60, 7.x = 70, 8.x = 80) and adjust the paths to the compulsory external libraries"

    Can you please share any simle procedure?

    submitted by /u/ch1253
    [link] [comments]

    Coding help!! Python3 Explanation

    Posted: 30 Sep 2021 09:04 PM PDT

    Q. Application logs are useful in analyzing interaction with an application and may also be used to detect suspicious activities.

    A log file is provided as a string array where each entry represents a money transfer in the form "sender_user_id recipient user_id amount". Each of the values is separated by a space.

    ° sender_user_id and recipient_user_id both consist only of digits, are at most 9 digits long and start with non-zero digit

    ° amount consists only of digits, is at most 9 digits long and starts with non-zero digit

    Logs are given in no particular order. Write a function that returns an array of strings denoting user_id's of suspicious users who were involved in at least threshold number of log entries. The id's should be ordered ascending by numeric value.

    Example

    left

    logs = ["88 99 200", "88 99 300", "99 32 100","12 12 15"]

    threshold = 2

    The transactions count for each user, regardless of role are:

    ID Transactions


    99 3 88 2 12 1 32 1

    There are two users with at least threshold = 2 transactions: 99 and 88. In ascending order, the return array is ['88', '99']

    Note: In the last log entry, user 12 was on both sides of transaction. This counts as only 1 transaction for user 12

    Function Description

    Complete the function processLogs in the editor below.

    The function has the following parameter(s):

    string logs[n] each logs[i] denotes the ith entry in

    the logs int threshold the minimum number of

    transactions that a user must have to be included in the result

    Returns:

    string]: an array of user id's as strings, sorted

    ascending by numeric value

    Constraints

    •1 <= n <= 105

    • 1 <= threshold <= n

    • The sender user id recipient user id and amount contain only characters in the range asci[0-9] • The sender user id. recipient user_id and amount

    start with a non-zero digit

    • 0 < length of setider user id recipient user id amount <= 9.

    The result will contain at least one element.

    submitted by /u/Longjumping-Foot-356
    [link] [comments]

    Flutter vs JavaScript - Which one should i prepare for my first job?

    Posted: 30 Sep 2021 04:54 PM PDT

    I HATE JAVASCRIPT WITH PASSION. Its syntax is SHIT. But its more popular then flutter. I already learnt flutter and can proceed to learn advanced stuff like building my own dart packages and flutter plugins.

    I am really confused please help me. 🙏

    submitted by /u/Selfish_Ghost
    [link] [comments]

    How do you all feel about the longevity of JavaScript? Do you feel it has a good future compared to other languages?

    Posted: 30 Sep 2021 09:00 AM PDT

    I'm deciding on a language I want to become really good at. Thanks for your input.

    submitted by /u/Yohder
    [link] [comments]

    I need to download 50 files in parallel chunks using wget.

    Posted: 30 Sep 2021 09:42 AM PDT

    I copied all urls in one file but I need to give every downloaded file different name (1-1.mp3, 1-2.mp3 etc.). I know how to do it manually one by one but was wondering if there is any way to run it in parallel (5-10 a time) and so that I could see the progress? Maybe using tmux or something similar.

    submitted by /u/very-kind-stranger
    [link] [comments]

    Custom driver for RBG cooling pad

    Posted: 30 Sep 2021 03:24 PM PDT

    Hi all,

    I recently purchased a cooling pad from amazon for my laptop, but it didn't come with any software to control the RBG colors besides using the built in buttons. I was wondering if there is anything I can write such as a custom driver to control the RBG. Any help would be very much appreciated.

    submitted by /u/iFunnyImmigrant
    [link] [comments]

    Feedback on first C library

    Posted: 30 Sep 2021 03:09 PM PDT

    Hello AskProgramming.

    While reading The C Programming Language, 2nd Edition, I came across an exercise that required me to do a conversion between two number bases, and I considered it really good, so I made one for the most common number base conversion.

    After I did this, I thought to myself, why not write a library with all these functions for practice and then use it to build an ncurses application for the command line.

    At the moment I'm at the building the library part, and during this process I decided to play with a couple of tools such as CMake for building it, and googletest for actually testing if the code works properly (it's my first time using googletest so I thought it would be a good learning exercise).

    Now, I want to ask for your feedback on the code I have written so far. If you could so kindly take the time to have a look and give me some pointers on what I can improve on I would greatly appreciate it, thanks.

    The link to the repository is: github.com/adriancostin6/lbaseconv

    I hope I am not posting in the wrong subreddit, as it was the one that came up when googling "programming advice", but if it is the case, I apologize in advance.

    Cheers,

    A learning programmer

    submitted by /u/Fibraa
    [link] [comments]

    how did octane (rendering software) mitigate pirate software? how do you do a similar solution?

    Posted: 30 Sep 2021 02:56 PM PDT

    I haven't seen for a while octane cracked softwares,

    someone has any idea on how did they managed that?

    submitted by /u/Adorable_Tea_2211
    [link] [comments]

    doubt and if possible a little help xD

    Posted: 30 Sep 2021 02:21 PM PDT

    Hi,

    First of all, sorry about my english, I'm from Brazil and I have a job on an e-commerce where I need to register some products, and I want to know if there is something to help in the process.

    I think in do an auto clicker and configure to every variation, but if you guys have a better ideia, I would appreciate.

    In the print there is the images that I need to put in the first place, and a video of what I'm doing xD

    https://imgur.com/a/QUTMLZI

    Thanks ^^

    PS: I'm learning JS, but till now just in the first module xD

    submitted by /u/caiofzc
    [link] [comments]

    What are the minimum skills to have as a data analyst before apllying for a volunteering position?

    Posted: 30 Sep 2021 08:17 AM PDT

    Guys I am changing my career (at least trying to), so I decided to study data analyst. I got started with SQL. Planning my next steps, I intend to be good at tableau/power bi, excel, python/R. With this I could apply for a volunteer job to get experience? Of course I won't stop there, my plan is study more and more.

    submitted by /u/Bonoro1717
    [link] [comments]

    Any paid courses to take for learning a new language? R or python are preferred.

    Posted: 30 Sep 2021 03:19 AM PDT

    I'm looking for a programming language. Be it MatLab, Python, R or Java. My company is paying for it, which I am very happy for and it is first big responsibility that would cover my shoulders. I though I was never going to make it in the new job. Anyway, the data to be analyzed would have to do with mass spectrometry library building, so it would be a lot of data to cover.

    A couple personal points I want to point out:

    - I wrote in my CV and my manger is aware that I know slight Rstudio programming, but it's not to late to switch, since it was a one semester long R course. But he is aware :D

    - my manager is into Python. Also my other colleague started to get into programming in Python. Should I take a different language then theirs or play along. I fear I may be the worst one and I like studying individually.

    submitted by /u/Torbuttone
    [link] [comments]

    C++ doubt

    Posted: 30 Sep 2021 11:57 AM PDT

    include <bits/stdc++.h>

    include <string>

    using namespace std;

    void permute(string s , string answer)

    {

    if(s.length() == 0)

    {

    cout<<answer<<" ";

    return;

    }

    for(int i=0 ; i<s.length() ; i++)

    {

    char ch = s[i];

    string left_substr = s.substr(0,i);

    string right_substr = s.substr(i+1);

    string rest = left_substr + right_substr;

    permute(rest , answer+ch);

    }

    }

    int main()

    {

    string s;

    string answer="";

    cout<<"Enter the string : ";

    cin>>s;

    cout<<"\nAll possible strings are : ";

    permute(s , answer);

    return 0;

    }

    CAN ANYBODY PLEASE EXPLAIN THE RECURSION THAT IS HAPPENING IN PERMUTE FUNCTION....

    submitted by /u/Immediate-Cry6342
    [link] [comments]

    Vue quasar environmental variables not working

    Posted: 30 Sep 2021 03:03 AM PDT

    Hi Reddit,

    I have a Vue, Django integrated project. I hosted the Vue project on Netlify and the Django project on Heroku. A python script (integrated into Heroku) is called on certain buttons which extract data and posts this to the Django API and PostgreSQL database to be viewed on the frontend.

    Now i have some variables which i would like to not be accessible by others, so putting them in .env files. Now i did this with quasar/dotenv extension. It works locally, and when i run it from my project in production (within dist/spa). However, when i then push it to my branch and to the netlify site i have hosted, the .env variables can't be accessed somehow.

    So when i run it in production from vue itself, it does work, but from the published site it doesn't.

    Appreciate the help!

    submitted by /u/aubamejan
    [link] [comments]

    Python based facial mapping program?

    Posted: 30 Sep 2021 02:27 AM PDT

    Hello! I am a final year student working on a small project for my College.

    The aim of the project is to make a program with Python that is similar to this Apple Animoji feature.

    My question is: Do you know a simple way this could be done?

    To clarify, the aim is to make a program that

    • 1) Detects a person's face
    • 2) Maps their face to an avatar
    • 3) Has the Avatar copy their face

    We are allowed to use any online repos and sources, so it's not at all from scratch! And my Professor clarified if real-time facial mapping is too complex then I would be allowed to screenshot a video feed, and using that screenshot the Avatar would copy the person's face.

    I hope I clarified enough, please any help would do! I am quite adept at Python but have zero creativity, so even just being told ideas would help :)

    submitted by /u/keenox10
    [link] [comments]

    Is worth it to learn and integrate Node-Red into my JavaScript development? Will I hate myself for spending time learning this tool, in the long run?

    Posted: 30 Sep 2021 12:57 AM PDT

    I.E. Will it be limiting to lock certain flows to this tool/framework? Or should I just stick to writing my own base line code to wire together various services?

    submitted by /u/this_knee
    [link] [comments]

    SQL CTE setting property recursively in tree/hierarchy?

    Posted: 29 Sep 2021 11:58 PM PDT

    I am reading from 3 tables creating a view as follows:

    Id: VARCHAR
    ParentId: VARCHAR NULL
    Enabled: SMALLINT (0 Disabled, 1 Enabled, 2 Partial) NOT NULL
    CarId: INT NULL
    GarageId: INT NULL

    Basically the children or leaves GarageId can only be Enabled or Disabled. The parents or garages can be also of Partial state when at least one child is Disabled and Enabled.

    • CarId and GarageId can never be assigned at the same time.
    • A garage can belong to another garage (ParentId)

    Any Idea how to set Enabled recursively? I already have been able to retrieve all the records with a CTE.

    submitted by /u/050190
    [link] [comments]

    AWS solutions architect associate certification

    Posted: 29 Sep 2021 11:36 PM PDT

    Hello everyone, I want to do the AWS solutions architect associate certification. So how to prepare for it, the resources to prepare, exam fees. Are there any prerequisite to do it, and will it be useful in future. I'm currently a final year engineering student

    submitted by /u/jainiii19
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment