• Breaking News

    Thursday, May 6, 2021

    Researchers found that accelerometer data from smartphones can reveal people's location, passwords, body features, age, gender, level of intoxication, driving style, and be used to reconstruct words spoken next to the device. Computer Science

    Researchers found that accelerometer data from smartphones can reveal people's location, passwords, body features, age, gender, level of intoxication, driving style, and be used to reconstruct words spoken next to the device. Computer Science


    Researchers found that accelerometer data from smartphones can reveal people's location, passwords, body features, age, gender, level of intoxication, driving style, and be used to reconstruct words spoken next to the device.

    Posted: 05 May 2021 03:21 PM PDT

    Proving 50-Year-Old Sorting Networks Optimal: Part 1

    Posted: 06 May 2021 02:23 AM PDT

    AI in Finance - 5 Industry-Leading Presentations - New presentations from AI leaders at J.P.Morgan x 2, Nasdaq, Vanguard & Scotiabank. Topics covered include pattern recognition, NLP, ML, mondrian models, fund2vec & more.

    Posted: 06 May 2021 04:07 AM PDT

    Question about Algorithms, selection sort.

    Posted: 05 May 2021 09:44 PM PDT

    Im watching Crash Course Computer Science video #13, I am confused about up to the 4:00 mark.

    Where is the n^2 coming from?

    "If we want to sort n items we have to loop n times in which we loop n times."

    But I cant count 64 , i dont get it

    The first time you have to check all 8

    once you find the lowest you move it to the top then you have 7 left to check.

    You do the again then you only have 6 left.

    so it should be something like

    8+7+6+5+4+3+2+1 not 8*8

    Can someone clarify bigO notation in leymans terms?

    submitted by /u/CarlSagan111
    [link] [comments]

    Any affordable college for online computer science degree?

    Posted: 05 May 2021 07:05 PM PDT

    I recently just graduated with a Degree in Management Information Systems (MIS). I took an online Bootcamp which taught me basic FullStack programming but I would like to have a good Computer Science Foundation. My end goal is to be knowledgeable in Computer Science and work as a Software Engineer. What schools are available for me to get a second Bachelor's Degree?

    Side note- I plan on working full time and would like my past college credits to transfer so I can save time and money.

    submitted by /u/Fyn50
    [link] [comments]

    Hybrid meta-heuristics optimization

    Posted: 05 May 2021 04:48 AM PDT

    Hello, Am working in my graduation project on hybrid meta-heuristics for the optimization of the deployment of a wireless sensors network, during my research i found many papers that propose to use a genetic algorithm and replace the fitness evaluation function with an approximation model (mostly by using a neural network + kmeans clustering) , i tried to implement this solution but the approximation error is so important that the genetic algorithm doesn't reach a good optimum. I tried to change the approximation model but same results. Because the neural network is only trained using the initial population the network doesn't have enough training data to generalize and once the genetic algorithm produce new generations which are different from the initial population the error become big. Am asking if my approach is correct and if so what can i do to improve the quality of the solution.

    submitted by /u/walid-Mhn
    [link] [comments]

    I was wondering can your wifi signal affect you in anyway?

    Posted: 05 May 2021 10:51 AM PDT

    I have it right beside my bed and I normally feel tired and sleepy after 2 hours.when it's on. does anyone else feels this way. I moved it far from my bed now but I feel fine now or is it my mine playing tricks

    submitted by /u/Sincjefe
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment