• Breaking News

    Wednesday, March 31, 2021

    CSS Flexbox vs CSS Grid? Ask Programming

    CSS Flexbox vs CSS Grid? Ask Programming


    CSS Flexbox vs CSS Grid?

    Posted:

    If I'm understanding it correctly, both Flexbox and Grid are layout methods. They essentially do the same thing.

    And it's just a matter of preference if you're going to use one or the other?

    submitted by /u/aadjournmask
    [link] [comments]

    What would I need to know to make a note taking program like onenote/evernote? I am a cs student.

    Posted:

    I have severe ADHD and I have problems writing notes or studying consistently. It especially is impacted by different laptops/OS. I was wondering what thing would I need to learn to write a notebook/notetaking program like onenote and Evernote's? I would prefer to be able to use note containers and reference words, but I am okay with just trying to get a hold on the basics for now.

    I am studying python/c+ right now, and any information would be helpful to start.

    I am hoping that by going through the steps, I'll be able to find a note process that works for me as well as learning more about how to code and errors in the process.

    submitted by /u/emmytay4504
    [link] [comments]

    Lost in my CS studies and career path

    Posted:

    I'm a freshman in college and I switched a month before graduating high school I wanted to do Computer Science instead of Pre-med. I tried to learn python and liked it a lot. Then school started and I guess I just neglected to practice coding. I guess because of my financial status, I didn't go straight to my cities university. I decided to go to community college first and I hope to transfer. But I didn't take a single computer science course at all, I just took the core and the electives I need, so I feel like I'm behind. Is it odd to be a sophomore or junior in university in freshman Computer science courses? That's what is most likely gonna happen to me. I'm also worried because I haven't taken a single math course. I understand programming and coding but I failed my community college's basic algebra course and I'm scared to take it. I see calculus II and I know it's a requirement to graduate but it scares me and although I love this career and path, I can't really graduate without it. I understand there are ways to get cs jobs without a bachelor's, but my parents won't see to it. I'm just basically asking for advice from people in the field and what they think I should do. I'm just lost but I really want to pursue a career in this field. I also want to ask how you all got better at practicing and what habits you started to get used to it and how you got to implement coding and programming into your daily lives. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/kelanikoder
    [link] [comments]

    Management Information Systems student here. What are the most important things to focus on in this field?

    Posted:

    I was drawn to the major because of the combination of business and programming. It is so broad and I've been told you can branch off into the coding side or strictly a business side further in your career.

    I guess what I wanna know is what specifically in the technical side will employers want out of an entry level candidate like I will be in the near future? How much programming will I actually do?

    Also, does anyone not in information systems have any opinions on this major and careers in it?

    submitted by /u/HypaHypa_
    [link] [comments]

    Tips and videos on how to organize my projects

    Posted:

    Hello, I'd like to know how to organize my project, like big companies do (such as Steam and others), how is their project structured, how good code practice looks like for the backend, how a github should look (basically like angular.js github for example), if someone could link a full video I'm willing to learn big time!

    Also what good languages/frameworks I should learn to manage everything nice and smooth without overloading servers, such as live player count and others...

    Backstory: I wanna become a full time developer backend and I want to have the best practices!

    submitted by /u/doupaminee
    [link] [comments]

    What's the benefit of developing a project on Linux as opposed to Windows?

    Posted:

    How often are enumerators used and when should I use them?

    Posted:

    I've never really used enums before but I wanna start using them. Advice?

    submitted by /u/kp4ws
    [link] [comments]

    Questions about learning

    Posted:

    I am trying to learn programming for the first time and I need your help. As a student I am struggling to find enough time to practice and learn programming.

    The main point of me asking you is to figure out how long does it take to learn a single programming language(it's my first time learning programming and I am trying to learn python), efficient way to manage time while learning programming.

    Also is it better to master a few programming language to senior level or learn multiple languages in junior level(considering one of my reasons for learning programming is to get possible extra credit on interviews).

    And considering what is my best option to prove that I know programming in professional enviorments such as potential job interviews or interviews for university/school interviews

    Also it would be nice to know which programming language should I learn. My plans are learning Python-> C->C#->Javascript. I don't know if I should learn both C and C#. I also don't know what to do with Java and JS.

    I'm sorry if these kinds of questions have been ask a lot before and I would appreciate the dedication you put into answering these queations.

    TL;DR: How should I learn programming languages(because I'm dumb)

    Also posted on r/learnprogramming

    submitted by /u/SupremedictatorWho
    [link] [comments]

    How do you handle the balance between a deadline and taking breaks?

    Posted:

    I have a deadline in a few hours and I'm pretty braindead from spending the last month with OT and today all day Programming. I know how critical breaks are, so I've taken 5 minute breaks that did nothing for my recovery.

    What is a reasonable amount of time to take a break vs programming? This question is related to the harshest of deadlines, I don't have this problem when the deadline is reasonable.

    submitted by /u/icandoMATHs
    [link] [comments]

    Is it generally easier to break down or combine the code?

    Posted:

    I am not sure what is the best way to start coding. I wrote many big scripts and now I am having trouble organizing into modules and functions. If I start too small then I end up having functions calling functions. Using python

    Is it better to write big code and functions and then later break it down into smaller one, or is it better to start with smaller ones and later combine them into bigger ones?

    submitted by /u/CatolicQuotes
    [link] [comments]

    Learning JS as an intermediate software engineering student

    Posted:

    Hi, I'm 18 and currently in the second semester of my software engineering degree.

    Although I have some experience in programming (Java, C#, Python, basic C and SQL) and knowledge in "how the web works", I have never had the need to learn JavaScript (and all of it's sub categories: Node, React etc.)

    That said, I know the entire industry requires most full-stack programmers to know JavaScript whether you work in front or back end development.

    My questions are:

    1. Where can I learn stuff that most probably will be useful in web development?
    2. After I learn the basics of the language's syntax, what projects should I take?
    3. Are there any courses / youtube channels / forums you could recommend?

    Currently in my degree we learn subjects that are more algorithmic and computer-science type of topics, that are most probably not going to be useful in most industry jobs.

    Note: I am choosing to learn web development mainly because I'm in a program that gives me 5 years of experience in full stack development guaranteed.

    submitted by /u/Taltalonix
    [link] [comments]

    Simple web server for an API token?

    Posted:

    I've got a project that requires fetching a JWT token before making a call to a public API. The JWT token expires every 15 minutes, so I can't embed the signed token inside of my app. What's the best way to create a server to fetch this token from? I was trying to create a static site with DigitalOcean apps platform (since it's free) but couldn't figure out the best framework to use (if I even need one, not sure). Any guidance would be appreciated!

    submitted by /u/binarydylan
    [link] [comments]

    Name "contamination"

    Posted:

    Hi All

    I wonder if this might ring any bells

    We have a C++ project using gcc compiler and gdb debugger.

    We're designing a USB comms interface between Linux and Windows.

    We've hit the strange problem that if we create members in two different classes with the same name, the code freezes.

    ie:

    A class called TPort has a member: int Handle

    A second class called TLogger has a member: FILE* Handle

    This freezes.

    If one of the "Handle" members is renamed to eg PortHandle, the problem goes away.

    Problem solved for the moment, but any thoughts?

    Thx, Patrick

    _____________________________________

    Versions:

    Compiler: gcc (Ubuntu 9.3.0-17ubuntu1~20.04) 9.3.0

    Debugger: GNU gdb (Ubuntu 9.2-0ubuntu1~20.04) 9.2

    IDE: Code::Blocks Release 20.03 rev 11997 (2020-03-28 13:56:24) gcc 9.3.0 Linux/unicode - 64 bit

    submitted by /u/PaddyDSS
    [link] [comments]

    Drug Testing in the Web Dev Industry

    Posted:

    I will be soon entering the web development industry as a junior web developer. I was wondering if companies in the States generally drug test now seeing as how weed is becoming so widely legalized. I smoke for anxiety and PTSD and generally only at night so it doesn't interfere with work at all, but am wondering if I need to stop before I look for a job.

    submitted by /u/anonbettyboop
    [link] [comments]

    Has anyone literally finished "Introduction to Algorithm" by Corman?

    Posted:

    If you have finished the book, let me know if it was worth it or not, how you finished it and why you did so.tysm.

    submitted by /u/shasmistic
    [link] [comments]

    Hey Help me choose the technology.. Pretty Please

    Posted:

    I want to make a note taking app like NOTION or OBSIDIAN . It will help me learn as well as i want to make something big. I am confused what technology should i use like.. React or Angular for frontend and redux or django or anything else for backend?

    I want it to be very responsive and ultra fast so Help me choose the technology

    submitted by /u/dwsky
    [link] [comments]

    Lime.ndll file

    Posted:

    I have a few questions about lime.ndll file:

    1) What is it exactly and what is it used for?

    2) Can you run a .ndll file? If so how do you do it?

    3) Can you convert the file into another type in any way?

    I really don't know how it works and I've tried to search for answers everywhere. Help is appreciated, thanks!

    submitted by /u/One-Fluffy-Boi
    [link] [comments]

    Cin cout uses

    Posted:

    Is the primary purpose of cin and cout unit tests?

    submitted by /u/Robanix
    [link] [comments]

    What does Java has to offer if containerization technologies already exists?

    Posted:

    When I was introduced to Java, I was told that it can run on multiple platforms thanks to JVM. However, since the rise of Docker, technically any programming language can run on Mac, Linux or Windows. Other than maintaining existing system, why should anyone learn and use the language?

    submitted by /u/skittly
    [link] [comments]

    HTML auto update?

    Posted:

    Is there a way that I can edit html and css on the notepad and my site automatically updates so I don't have to save both files then refresh the webpage.

    Programs are welcomed or websites I could do this on (but on websites IDK if i could link to my images folder on my computer)

    I use linux as an operting system.

    Thanks in advanced!

    submitted by /u/AvailableApricot766
    [link] [comments]

    Linux On M1 Macs

    Posted:

    Are there any good ways to run Linux (any distro) on the new M1 macs?

    I want to get a M1 MacBook Air for school, but I also need a machine I can run Linux on, and I want to kill two birds with one stone.

    submitted by /u/TheOctopusBoi
    [link] [comments]

    QuadTree, OctTree and all manner of KTrees

    Posted:

    Is there a rule of thumb for deciding what tree to use?

    I've made a Quadtree for destructible environments in a game, it works ... just wondering if there's a specific depth of tree where it makes more sense to go wider? if it maybe only matters if you do depth first searches? I'm quite new to all this

    submitted by /u/xphlawlessx
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment