• Breaking News

    Monday, February 8, 2021

    House of CSS cards web developers

    House of CSS cards web developers


    House of CSS cards

    Posted: 08 Feb 2021 10:08 AM PST

    What projects should a front end jr. web developer and web developer's portfolio contain that would land them a good job.

    Posted: 08 Feb 2021 02:11 PM PST

    I am currently working on my portfolio(html, css, vanilla js, node js, bootstrap). One of my projects is a website for a small business. Should I build 4-6 amazing websites, or should I build some other projects besides all websites. I mainly do front-end development, but I have chosen node js as my backend.

    In addition, is four of my best projects enough to put in a portfolio or should I include more?

    Furthermore, should I just screen shot/screen clip my work, or include my source code as well?

    Where is the best place for me to upload my portfolio?

    submitted by /u/milli2323
    [link] [comments]

    How to make a truly awful user experience?

    Posted: 08 Feb 2021 02:11 PM PST

    I recently purchased the domain mudkipz.ws which, for the unfamiliar, was a "troll" website in the late aughts. It would, among other things: bounce the browser window around, spam you with dialogs, and loudly autoplay dialog from the pokemon tv show. I'd like to restore this website somewhat to its former glory. Fortunately, browser vendors have since blocked most of the user-hostile behavior but this presents a challenge for the mischievous among us. Do any of you diabolical developers have suggestions on how to make my website as irritating as possible?

    submitted by /u/Wesleysaur
    [link] [comments]

    Alternatives to Adsense?

    Posted: 08 Feb 2021 06:56 AM PST

    Hey, I've created a small webgame and I'd like to monetize it but google disapproved due to "no content"(I obviously dont have as much text as a blog since its a game). Are there any good alternatives that dont have any traffic requirements? Thank you

    submitted by /u/ayeeee8
    [link] [comments]

    iOS 14 safari stopped supporting custom CSS for scrollbars. Just in case this might save someone the time I wasted looking for the problem. sigh ....

    Posted: 08 Feb 2021 10:23 AM PST

    Is it ok to store IP addresses server-side without telling the user I'm doing it, legally-speaking

    Posted: 08 Feb 2021 02:05 PM PST

    Asking for a friend who's making a forum app, that friend doesn't know any lawyers so he's asking Reddit. The friend is me

    submitted by /u/realKeirStarmer
    [link] [comments]

    Can someone recommend the best free front end course that’s not The Odin Project?

    Posted: 08 Feb 2021 04:07 PM PST

    I was going to do TOP but I see they make it difficult to do with Windows for some reason. I'd like to use Windows and my own IDE.

    submitted by /u/etaco
    [link] [comments]

    What language should I use for a graphql Backend?

    Posted: 08 Feb 2021 10:02 AM PST

    Hey, so I want to learn more about full stack webdevelopment. I'm really in love with react and react native using apollo client. I want to create some projects but I just can't seem to find a Backend technology that is fun. I tried node with apollo server, rails (just a normal api without graphql) and golang, which I love but I can't seem to get it working. Go is too frustrating because I lack a decent documentation on how to get the graphql and the orm together. The developer is too free in what he's can do which is bad for a student. I think I don't know enough to use go freely, I'd need something that is a little stricter in how you do everything.

    Any recommendations? I want to find something fun but I can't seem to

    submitted by /u/CentBoy
    [link] [comments]

    Can't modify a website from Github

    Posted: 08 Feb 2021 03:51 PM PST

    Hello,

    So I wanted to take this website and analyse it from github (https://github.com/BharatKammakatla/Developer-Portfolio) but when I downloaded it and downloaded GIT and Node.Js. I am able to open it and see it in my laptop but when I try to open it and change something on for example Portfolio.js and save the file, but the same thing as the original github remains.
    I am a newbie so I must be missing some easy steps there but I just do on the command line after saving npm start and it gives me the same thing like if what I did to the files on my laptop didn't matter.

    submitted by /u/tmeta
    [link] [comments]

    Structuring/Organising a multipage static website

    Posted: 08 Feb 2021 05:59 AM PST

    Hi,

    I'm looking for information on how to best structure a static website that contains several pages. It'll be just HTML/CSS/JS with a bit of PHP includes and functions.

    How I'd like to see my website folders organised is as follows:

    3 folders:

    • assets (for js, css and images)
    • template (for php template and functions)
    • pages

    In my 'pages' folder I want a folder for each page, with its own index.php file and css/js files just for that page

    I then want my subpages to not contain the 'pages' part in the url, e.g.:

    I've been trying to find out how to do this but haven't succeeded yet. Could you guys help me out a bit, or point me towards the right direction?

    submitted by /u/NotDislectyc
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for advice: what would be the best way to handle deploying changes to multiple sites running the same Gatsby template, hosted on netlify?

    Posted: 08 Feb 2021 03:10 PM PST

    I have a blog site built using gatsby and hosted on netlify. I want to start a 2nd blog, what would be the best way to handle deploying dev changes to both sites?

    submitted by /u/tom2kk
    [link] [comments]

    Acceptable security practice for providing a webbooks

    Posted: 08 Feb 2021 02:24 PM PST

    I'm adding a webhook system to my API and I see that most of the big APIs use a SHA256 HMAC to secure the delivery. I'm perfectly capable of providing this, but I'm also a little worried that some of my customers, maybe they just don't want to deal with the implementation, and they would prefer a plain-text token or something simpler.

    Is it common to use a plain-text token instead?

    submitted by /u/carlinwasright
    [link] [comments]

    What are some basic SEO practices every developer should know about?

    Posted: 08 Feb 2021 10:29 AM PST

    I have a blog hosted on Github Pages where I write about various tech topics.

    Despite having built a lot of websites, I know very little about SEO. I wanted to promote my blog, or at least have it show up in relevant search results where applicable.

    So I'm curious - what are some basic SEO tips every developer should know?

    submitted by /u/AllThatJellyNoToast
    [link] [comments]

    Quirks of building a PWA app

    Posted: 08 Feb 2021 01:58 PM PST

    Reload table whenever you open the popup

    Posted: 08 Feb 2021 06:10 AM PST

    Hello, I have this wishlist plugin on a product page.

    There's an "Add To Wishlist" button, and after you add a product to wishlist "View Wishlist" button comes up without reloading the page.

    And when you click "View Wishlist" the product added to wishlist is not there, but when you reload the page and click "View Wishlist" it's there.

    Basically I want the content to update in that popup without refreshing the page.

    I've been told that I need to add on-first-load class to wishlist form (I don't know how to do it), and then trigger this: jQuery(document).trigger('yith_wcwl_reload_fragments')

    Demo: https://wordpress-522436-1723576.cloudwaysapps.com/product/laband/

    submitted by /u/TrulyWacky
    [link] [comments]

    Ruby on Rails Creator Takes on JavaScript Frameworks with Hotwire

    Posted: 08 Feb 2021 01:34 PM PST

    Extracting a CSV from within a MySQL cell in PHP

    Posted: 08 Feb 2021 01:31 PM PST

    First of all, I know it's dumb to store data like that however, it's not my code it's a Joomla component. Now that I've gotten that out of the way and avoided a ton of comments....

    I have a component that stores the entries of custom fields someone books an appointment through the site. I need to export all the data out however when I select the table and tell it to export Appointment table: fname, lname, & custom_field it exports it out like this:

    John

    Doe

    {"fname":"John","lname":"Doe","email":"[jdoe@gmail.com](mailto:jdoe@gmail.com)","phone":"555-1212"}

    I go into MySQL and that's exactly what is in the custom_field for the Appointment table. Yes, like a mini csv. Again, not my code.

    Does anyone know how I can get it to show

    John

    Doe

    John Doe [jdoe@gmail.com](mailto:jdoe@gmail.com) 555-1212

    or anything close to that? Of course I'll get rid of one set of names, I'm just using it to make sure I am getting the right info for now.

    This is what I'm using right now for the PHP

    <?php $con=mysqli_connect("127.0.0.1","DBUSR","DBPASS","DB"); // Check connection if (mysqli_connect_errno()) { echo "Failed to connect to MySQL: " . mysqli_connect_error(); } $result = mysqli_query($con,"SELECT * FROM wk3p2_appointments"); echo "<table border='1'> <tr> <th>Donor First Name</th> <th>Donor Last Name</th> <th>Donor Information</th> </tr>"; while($row = mysqli_fetch_array($result)) { echo "<tr>"; echo "<td>" . $row['purchaser_fname'] . "</td>"; echo "<td>" . $row['purchaser_lname'] . "</td>"; echo "<td>" . $row['custom_field'] . "</td>"; echo "</tr>"; } echo "</table>"; mysqli_close($con); ?> 
    submitted by /u/Whiskey_D
    [link] [comments]

    Written offer follow-up with HR or hiring manager?

    Posted: 08 Feb 2021 01:29 PM PST

    I have a verbal job offer and was told to wait one week to hear back about it which is today. In your professional opinion would it be best to follow up with HR or the hiring manager? I don't want to annoy the hiring manager and talk myself out of an offer. Thank you!

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/DontStanSoClose2Me
    [link] [comments]

    Projects ideas with high-quality designs, user stories, first steps, proposed technologies & core concepts

    Posted: 08 Feb 2021 02:46 AM PST

    Unable to create a new React app using create-react-app

    Posted: 08 Feb 2021 01:12 PM PST

    Not sure what happened since I used to be able to do it seamlessly. I get this message below when trying npx create-react-app my-app

    "You are running create-react-app 4.0.1, which is behind the latest release (4.0.2).

    We no longer support global installation of Create React App."

    I uninstalled create react app globally and force cleared the cache in terminal using "npm uninstall -g create-react-app && npm i -g npm@latest && sudo npm cache clean -f" but I keep getting this message. I also restarted my computer and the terminal but I keep getting this issue.

    submitted by /u/FortuneBull
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to build a simple form for my website. But the "download the code resources" is missing. Any better alternative?

    Posted: 08 Feb 2021 01:00 PM PST

    Your favorite way of generating static pages?

    Posted: 08 Feb 2021 12:55 PM PST

    Hi!

    Basically, I want make some static website for my clients. (got the idea from someone here) They have a business that just require a plain old website. I don't want to use Wordpress since I want to make it as light as possible (for the best performances, etc.). I am looking for something that would allow me to just put in my HTML code, be able to reuse it (like for a header, etc.), but without having any PHP/JS.

    So, something that could help me create blocks of HTML code, put all of that together and end up with some highly optimized and minified HTML/CSS at build.

    For the hosting, I was thinking Netlify? (anyone know how to handle contact forms with that?)

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/AsteroidSnowsuit
    [link] [comments]

    The relationship between the concept of Facebook's Recoil and Signal Graph & Clojure Atom?

    Posted: 08 Feb 2021 06:51 AM PST

    I recently took a rough look at a state management library called Recoil.

    And there was the concept of Data-Flow Graph and Observation.

    I know Observable have used Rx before.

    What is confusing is the expression of Data-Flow Graph.

    It looks similar to the Signal-Graph I saw on rxreact/signal, can I say it's the same?

    Recoil's Atoms seems to be similar or inspired by Clojure's Atoms.

    Re-Frame, a Clojurescript library, is also mentioned in Atoms[State] and Signal Graph[Subscriptions].

    I understood that Recoil behaves like rxreact/signal or re-frame.
    Is that right?

    Anyway, I'm interested in Signal Graph, and you can tell me about their relationship and differences.

    submitted by /u/black7375
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment