• Breaking News

    Sunday, February 7, 2021

    Hi everyone! I made a small React Upload Box component. Published it on NPM under react-upload-box. Check comments for complete description. Feedbacks are welcome. web developers

    Hi everyone! I made a small React Upload Box component. Published it on NPM under react-upload-box. Check comments for complete description. Feedbacks are welcome. web developers


    Hi everyone! I made a small React Upload Box component. Published it on NPM under react-upload-box. Check comments for complete description. Feedbacks are welcome.

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 11:11 AM PST

    Chrome 88 now supports clip-path: path(). Now all the major browsers support the rule. Demo of using clip-path: path(...) on Codepen to create a pop-out effect

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 02:07 PM PST

    Awesome looking open source web game.

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 05:08 AM PST

    Where do you start first when building a full stack application?

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 08:48 AM PST

    I am not sure if there is a "standardized" approach to this or it's more of a personal preference.

    Do you first start designing the front-end then go to the backend? Or maybe it's the database design that comes first?

    What I do is first design the database, then the front end, then the backend.

    EDIT: Forgot to mention, depending on the scale of the project, which tech stack would you choose and why? I'd probably stick with whatever I'm proficient at as a beginner.

    submitted by /u/Roid96
    [link] [comments]

    JavaScript's Memory Management Explained ��

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 05:37 AM PST

    How did you get started contributing to Open Source?

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 09:15 AM PST

    Since I started learning web development (self-taught, 2019) I've been feeling attracted by Open Source but I didn't feel like I was ready back then. I'm still early in my career (1 year of professional experience as a Front End developer) and I want to give it a try.

    Because of my lack of experience I believe that even before thinking in contributing in Open Source I would need to pick a project first, mess around and get familiar with the codebase and then... probably... a contribution. But the fact of understanding at least a section of an Open Source project codebase it's already a win for me.

    These are some questions in no particular order that I have:

    • How did you guys started contributing to Open Source
    • What was your motivation, why did you decided to put that extra time in Open Source contributions?
    • At which point in your career you started contributing to Open Source?
    • How much have you learned since you started getting involved in Open Source?
    • What Open Source projects you would recommend me that are beginner friendly?
    submitted by /u/aeum3893
    [link] [comments]

    Node/Express or Django for an Etsy-ish platform?

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 06:31 AM PST

    My fiancee and I had a business idea for an Etsy-ish platform (companies could advertise their products/services, users could see them and schedule/purchase). I can't decide between writing the back-end in Django or Node/Express.

    (Not that it matters all that much, but the front-end would be written in React, with PostgreSQL for a database.)

    I learned web development with Node/Express, and I still write my side projects at home with it.

    At my job, we exclusively use Django to build our projects.

    So, I have experience in both. I feel confident I could build what I need to build in either framework.

    It looks like Etsy was built with PHP, Java, and Perl. Ebay uses Node.js. Pinterest uses Django. Any language will work -- I get that.

    But if you were looking to build a platform, which would you choose?

    submitted by /u/PalmettoSpur
    [link] [comments]

    Expert React devs who use React at their company, what are some of the React concepts junior developers need to know?

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 01:14 PM PST

    As a beginner to React, I've created apps with components that use class syntax. I know the basic lifecycle components such as componentDidMount and componentDidUpdate. I've also built apps using functional components with some of the basic hooks such as useState and useEffect. I also have knowledge of how useEffect can function similarly to CDM, CDU, and CWUM.

    submitted by /u/vin_tay
    [link] [comments]

    How to forward url to https?

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 11:22 AM PST

    I am brand new to anything website wise. I have a website, and when I type in my website like this: example.com I get a "connection not secure" warning in my browser. But when I type https://www.example.com I get a good connection with my SSL certificate active. My website is a Woocomerce Plus Hosting account on Bluehost. Any help is appreciated.

    Edit: Bluehost has a redirects option and I was able to successfully add the redirect. Thank you all for the help!

    submitted by /u/LzyPenguin
    [link] [comments]

    Privacy-conscious WordPress plugin for embedding tweets

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 06:18 AM PST

    Simulating Marvel Intro with SVG

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 07:59 PM PST

    How do I show my GitHub contribution chart on my portfolio?

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 09:32 AM PST

    Is there some sort of api or something that will allow me to embed my GitHub contribution chart on my portfolio website?

    submitted by /u/AdministrativeVisits
    [link] [comments]

    What is the best technique for multiple pages without a cms?

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 03:59 AM PST

    I'm looking for a technical and framework recommendation.

    Currently I have a single page website, which is working fine. It is a personal project to train on my skills and I have therefore developed everything from scratch with html, scss and javascript without using any frameworks or cms.

    But now, I want to up the game and create multiple content pages, which should be visible through the navigation or deeplinks on my site.

    I have developed wordpress templates in the past and I could just setup a wordpress enviroment for that need. But somehow I'm feeling, that this is not the sexiest way.

    I really don't need a CMS. I'm willing to write any content directly in the code or through any non-wysiwyg-way, regular users would probably overwhelmed.

    But I want the header, navigation and footer to be reusable over all the pages. For example: I don't want to add my footer to every .html file in the project and therefore create duplicate content, which I would need to alter multiple times in the future.

    I'm struggling to research the right way to do so. Does anybody can give me a hint, which would be the right technology to go with and the correct modern and future proof framework to choose and learn?

    Thank you.

    submitted by /u/GreenRaged
    [link] [comments]

    Typing simulation for input suggestion

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 12:53 PM PST

    Web design or web development?

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 07:21 AM PST

    Hi! Currently I am a business and entrepreneurship major in college. I've been thinking about opening a web shop in the future where I would sell some of my products. I want my own website that I would create myself. So I won't be using a site that offers templates to make my own website. I really want to build it myself.

    I already want to study in my free time so I'll have the skills to make my own website when I'm opening a business. But the thing is I don't know what to study web design or web development. I've been looking at some course and I found The Odin project but I don't know if this is a good starting point.

    Thanks for the help! And sorry if this is a dumb question.

    submitted by /u/Walbie
    [link] [comments]

    if anybody can help me with my first E-Commerce Project

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 03:58 PM PST

    here is a gist to check the code and its unfortunately not working so well:https://gist.github.com/ziaddalii/c723507029a8a1ae719c0a5f57c76a40

    the error always with the "heart btn" it changes when i add but when i remove i must reload the page to change its color, i tried so much but unfortunately couldnt do it, thanks anyway

    submitted by /u/nihilistmakishima
    [link] [comments]

    Single page applications using server-side rendering?

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 12:11 PM PST

    js frameworks like react use client-side rendering to build single page applications. Is it possible to build single page applications using server-side rendering?

    submitted by /u/jsaisandeep
    [link] [comments]

    How do websites come up with the text they have?

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 03:53 PM PST

    Something that has always baffled me and something i really struggle with is how websites think of all the text content to fill in on websites. They can make the most boring thing sound incredible somtimes lol.

    How do they do this?

    submitted by /u/Wooden-Building
    [link] [comments]

    What is the point of using React if you are using code splitting???

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 03:34 PM PST

    The whole idea was that SPA framework allows you write web app that doesn't need to reload without having to create your own framework. So now if you wanted your web app to act like a native app from UI perspective then at least to some degree you could do with these frameworks.

    Code splitting puts the code in separate files and is only loaded when you need that component, i.e. when you click it.

    If you ask me that sounds like we have come full circle.

    you know what else loads something ONLY when it's needed.

    the a(nchor) tag!!! DUN DUN DUUUUN

    it so smart it only loads the new content when you click it. Not Before. making your website extra smart. CODE SPLITTING since 1990.

    I've devs explain to me with dev that how import() with webpack allows their react app to only the next page when they click their react button and how fast it's with straight face... i wanted to say kinda like a tag right? but didn't out of pity really.

    submitted by /u/techsin101
    [link] [comments]

    Add a html element to a existing website

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 03:20 PM PST

    Im not sure if this is the right subredit but, if you visit the online game moomoo.io and press enther, when the game loads, I want to make a div element that is fixed in the top left corner.. using javascirpt... i am new to javascirpt html and css..... i know how to apply styles with javascirpt but i dont excatly know how to create an element
    sorry for spelling and grammar

    submitted by /u/PixelZYX
    [link] [comments]

    Thoughts on Deep Dive Learning Academy?

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 08:56 AM PST

    Does anyone have experience with this boot camp program? If so, would you say it has helped you succeed?

    submitted by /u/NutritiousNelly
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment