• Breaking News

    Thursday, February 4, 2021

    Find a Name From a JSON Variable Ask Programming

    Find a Name From a JSON Variable Ask Programming


    Find a Name From a JSON Variable

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 07:19 PM PST

    I'm trying to find a name from a JSON array in JavaScript and print it on HTML. If I type "Marty" or "Marty Sandman" it should print the correct one.

    Could someone take a look and see what's wrong?

    let people = [ {"Name":"Marty Sandman", "Sex":"M", "Born":"1970", "Died":"2020", "Father":"Nick Sandman", "Mother":"Maggy Sandman"}, {"Name":"Da Petrovskiy", "Sex":"M", "Born":"1969", "Died":"Alive", "Father":"Nikolay Petrovskiy", "Mother":"Natalia Petrovskaya"}, {"Name":"Allison Bear", "Sex":"F", "Born":"1999", "Died":"Alive", "Father":"Jimothy Bear", "Mother":"Mia Bear"}, {"Name":"Marty Clare", "Sex":"M", "Born":"1980", "Died":"Alive", "Father":"Mark Clare", "Mother":"Cathy Clare"} ]; function runNames(){ let searchInput = document.getElementById("searchInput").value; let str = ""; for (let i = 0; i < people.length; i++){ if (people[i].Name === searchInput){ alert("test"); str = people[i]; return; } } document.getElementById("result").innerHTML = str; } 
    submitted by /u/ravocean
    [link] [comments]

    Do any of you with degrees have your degree in something not programming/tech related?

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 07:09 AM PST

    Whether it's a Bachelor's or a Master's, do you have a degree in an unrelated field? If so, what made you want to switch and how'd you get your foot in the door?

    Asking because I've considered doing a Masters in Comp Sci after I finish my Bachelors in IT. I know they're not super related and it'll be at best a minimal overlap, but I have heard of significantly more drastic changes (Bachelors in English, Masters in Comp Sci as an example)

    submitted by /u/MillenniumGreed
    [link] [comments]

    Opinions: Codebase Cleanliness, Library Re-Use, and External References?

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 09:47 PM PST

    I'm curious about everyone's opinions on this. First a little background—

    I'm a full-stack freelancer. I do a lot of custom wordpress builds, Laravel apps, Node/React apps (front and back), in addition to some occasional consulting for smaller agencies regarding stuff like DevOps/Servers/Hosting, as well as just general dev workflow. I dedicate ~50-75% of my hours to 2-3 retainer clients that I have really good, long-term relationships with, and then the remaining hours usually go to shorter term contract clients.

    Recently I did a medium-sized maintenance/updates project involving a wordpress site for one of my very long-term retainer clients; we generally have a very good relationship. Anyway, I come to find out a few weeks after the project was finished (none of this was actually communicated to me directly for some reason) that they were very upset that I had left some cross-client code in the project; i.e., a few functions in the project were very clearly not for that project. They didn't have the name of the other client in any of them, but they referenced a subject that made it sort of obvious it was for a different project. For example, say the project was for a lamp company, the functions left in there were something like,

    ``` function getCarByType() {...}

    function getWheelsByModel {...} ```

    This project had essentially sat around for ~3-4 months after I finished it, and I was called up and asked to get it launched within a few days (not happy about this, but long story short, I just went ahead and got it launched). I had originally gone through the project and done a search/replace to make sure there weren't any specific client names in the project, but I had essentially copied over some libraries from another project since it would have been pointless to re-write it all given that I only had a limited amount of hours for the project. Also, I'm close enough with this client that they knew the other client that these functions would have come from; otherwise, I honestly don't know if they even would have noticed.

    Regardless, I think this sort of function/library re-use is pretty standard, at least in my experience. Before I launched it, I had actualy gone through and deleted any files that weren't relevant, but it ends up that I did miss a few, since as I mentioned, I had a very limited amount of time to launch it given that I had other projects for other clients I was busy with, and I had no forewarning they wanted it launched.

    So, my question is, do you all think this sort of thing is a big deal? I've seen a client once get upset about another developer having written something they didn't like the tone of in a commit message, which I can definitely understand. Nonetheless, it's pretty rare clients would look at the code, much less have the capability to read/understand it. In most situations I would obviously prefer not to leave functionality like this in there, since I don't like my projects to have unneeded code strewn about (especially in this case since it was likely I would work on this project again in the future).

    At any rate, I really don't see why this should be a big deal. I'm wondering what other people think? Perhaps I'm being a bit too cavalier, and if so, I'll definitely consider being much more careful in the future. Obviously I would agree that this sort of thing should be avoided, if possible, but if this sort of thing is happening once or twice on accident over the course of several years, to me, it seems a bit unnecessary to be legitimately upset about it, especially when it likely carries very little, if any risk. Do any of you all work for a client that would be upset about something like this if they did see it in code that was written for them?

    submitted by /u/lura-eyeglass-vast
    [link] [comments]

    Text editor with track changes and comments capabilities?

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 04:36 PM PST

    Hi everyone.
    As a personal project I would like to develop an online text editor to be used by me and a couple of friends.
    All the libraries and the projects that I found (Draft.Js, react-markdown, Editor.Js) seems to not support track changes and comments by default.

    In my editor I would like for a user to be able attach a comment to a specific text section. The user should also be able to track changes to the document to approve or discard them.
    The two functionalities should be similar to what is possible to do for example in word or google docs.

    Can anyone point me in the right direction to start? maybe some tutorial, a library or a documentation?

    I'm not an experienced developer but I know a bit of React, Typescript and Go if can help.
    Thank you very much.

    submitted by /u/Hovercraft_Objective
    [link] [comments]

    Chatbot Help

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 08:02 PM PST

    I have a database (offline) comprising papers, articles, website clippings. (n = 15,000)

    How can I go about categorizing them & devising a chatbot that can give me a list of publications most relevant to the searched topic?

    submitted by /u/A111freak
    [link] [comments]

    linked list implementation problems (C++)

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 07:31 PM PST

    Hello, I couldn't figure out why I'm getting this error: Thread 1: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (code=1, address=0x8) for my insertLast() class. The error occurs at the second value I add to the list.

    void insertLast(int a) { node *temp=new node; temp->value=a; temp->next=nullptr; if(head==nullptr) //if list is empty, assign head and tail to new node { head=temp; tail=temp; temp=nullptr; } tail->next=temp; //put temp node at end of list tail=temp; //temp becomes new tail } 
    submitted by /u/Hefty_Nose5203
    [link] [comments]

    How would you Interface a Synchronous class and an Asynchronous Class (Java)

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 03:22 PM PST

    Forgive me if the title is confusing/misleading but hear me out on my situation.

    I have a version 1 and version 2 of a hardware. The problem is, the sdk of the V1 hardware all does its method calls Synchronously, and the new V2 Hardware SDK does everything in callbacks.

    Now I need to support both and decided to make an interface.

    It's all good for now but I don't know if I should continue on what I'm doing.

    The solution I'm doing right now for those hardware calls is to use a CountdownLatch per method on the V2 hardware and call await before returning.

    Luckily, they have callbacks if the hardware method call is successful or not(all failures all goes to onError though, so I have to filter more) but now I have a ton of global variables to store the result from the callbacks and then issue the countdown so the method can continue and return the result from the global variable.

    I haven't finished making the V2 class but this seems to work in my case for now.

    My question is, how would you solve this one? Any downsides or glaring issues that I'm not seeing with this solution?

    Sample code with the V2 Class:

    public void callbackHandler(String jsonMessage){ // PARSE JSON Gson prettyGson = new GsonBuilder().setPrettyPrinting().create(); JsonElement result = prettyGson.fromJson(jsonMessage, JsonElement.class); switch (result.getAsJsonObject().get("action").getAsString()){ case "onUsbConnected": isConnected = true; terminalConnectedLatch.countDown(); break; case "onReturnDeviceInfo": // PARSE JSON MESSAGE Gson prettyGson2 = new GsonBuilder().setPrettyPrinting().create(); JsonElement serialNumberJson = prettyGson2.fromJson( result.getAsJsonObject() .get("data").getAsString(), JsonElement.class); // EXTRACT SERIALNUMBER serialNumber = serialNumberJson.getAsJsonObject() .get("serialNumber").getAsString(); retrieveSerialNumberLatch.countDown(); break; case "onError": System.out.println("Error: " + result.getAsJsonObject().get("data").getAsString()); handleCallbackError(result); break; ... default: break; } } public void handleCallbackError(JsonElement result){ ... // IF LAST ACTION IS GETDEVICEINFO WITH CMD_NOT_AVAILABLE. RELEASE LATCH FOR RETRIEVING SERIAL NUMBER if(result.getAsJsonObject().get("lastRequestAction").getAsString().equals("getDeviceInfo") && result.getAsJsonObject().get("data").getAsString().contains("Error.CMD_NOT_AVAILABLE")){ retrieveSerialNumberLatch.countDown(); } ... } @Override public String retrieveSerialNumber() { // SEND REQUEST TO HARDWARE buildRequest("getDeviceInfo", "serialNumber"); // RESET LATCH retrieveSerialNumberLatch = new CountDownLatch(1); // RETRIEVE MUST BE SYNCHRONOUS, BLOCK RETURN UNTIL CALLBACK try { retrieveSerialNumberLatch.await(); } catch (InterruptedException e) { e.printStackTrace(); } return serialNumber; } 
    submitted by /u/mdnpascual
    [link] [comments]

    How to sell my app like Elon Musk sold to magazine?

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 06:44 PM PST

    I recently read an article and I learned that Elon Musk sold his first PC game to a magazine for $500 when he was 12 years old. I tried to look for the magazine, but could not find it, so are there any other magazines that have an opportunity like this (I am in high school)? My app is a trivia quiz show app I made entirely in Unity using C#. I made all the animations, scripts, audio, and sprites myself, and in total I wrote 17,000 lines of code. I can send a demonstration via private message upon request.

    submitted by /u/psat11VMTX
    [link] [comments]

    How to know SWE is right for me ?

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 08:10 AM PST

    I'm currently seriously considering switching career to software engineering. Right now i'm in a medical graduate program and studying disease topics feels like watching paint dry to me. The interest that was once there is now gone and I feel like a zombie just going through the motions everyday. Even while on my surgical rotation which is supposed to be the most exciting/hands-on portion the training I feel bored. I recall standing in the room during a open heart surgery case watching the surgeons working feverishly and all I remember as I left the room was "that was kinda cool, but I don't care much for it". TBH i got into this profession because I had interests in science and wanted to make a lot of money. So my teenage self thought what better way to do that than medicine? Now i'm realizing that to succeed, you'd almost have to be a walking encyclopedia and remember every minute detail about fig. 312 on page 472 of book xyz. I'm a bad memorizer. I learn better by doing, not by studying large amount of information and not applying it until much later dates by which I would have forgotten it already. Preparing for tests was always a cram then dump and I don't remember anything.

    I took a break from medicine and did the Harvard CS50 course. I got through about half of it before my break ended. Wasn't sure whether if it was the change of topics or it being an intro course or a combination of both but I felt really good while doing it. Yes I was banging my head against the wall trying to solve their problem for hours but it gave me satisfaction to be able to apply what i'm learning immediately. Also the fact that being a bad memorizer is a non-issue since I was able to look things up made it all the more enjoyable. I always dreaded studying and is quite the procrastinator when it came to medicine. It was something I forced myself to do. With CS50, I found myself happy with coding for 5-8 hours a day because I could see immediate results/effects when I made changes to my code and the concept sunk into my brain easily because I was applying it right away.

    My question is how do I know that this is the right move to make? and that SWE is right for me. I'd like to explore more of CS because a month of CS50 is like a single raindrop in the ocean. I'm scared to pull the plug on medicine because that is the nuclear option and once I leave, it's a done deal and I cannot go back. And i have to make the decision now, else the debt will become too much and i'd essentially be locked into the medical route.

    submitted by /u/Throwawayyy8246
    [link] [comments]

    Dealing with XML (without XPath/XQuery)

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 07:25 AM PST

    I've got a folder (and subfolders upon folders) full of XML files, and I need to figure out a way to gather some data about them.

    The XML files themselves aren't terribly complex, here's one of them.

    I know how to deal with SQL and I'm hoping there's a clean way of loading all of the XMLs into a database (in an ideal world, something on GCP, AWS, but I can install Postgres etc. locally if needs be).

    There's really 3 key pieces of information I'm trying to get (there isn't an XSD or DTD).

    1. All possible XPaths
    2. Which Elements and text values exist for each unique point in an XPath (e.g. /transformation/step/type has a "text value" associated with it, and I'd like to know how many times each sub-element name/value pair shows up for a given text value at the type element (e.g. Count, Type, sub-element name, sub-element text value, XPath).
    3. Which attributes exist on which XPaths (e.g. Count, Attribute, Value, XPath).

      Now, if there was some easy way of "unrolling" the data into a regular database table, it would be a pretty trivial bit of SQL. I suspect it's a pretty trivial bit of XPath/XQuery, but I haven't been able to uncover it yet.

    Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/Sal-Hardin
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a zoom bot flooder.

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 09:32 PM PST

    I am looking for some kind of app/website where I can flood zoom meetings with bots, can anyone help me?

    submitted by /u/HailQueenPinepelia
    [link] [comments]

    Configure a list based on user's enrolments

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 05:58 AM PST

    Hey,

    I'm working on an app (but this could occur anywhere else) where a user can enrol (show interest) in, let's say, programming languages. So, we will have a set of the languages he's interested in:

    [.python, .swift, .java]

    Based on that, I want to create a list of (3 or 4) topics based on the user's interest (on a specific order).

    If the user's only interested in .python, of course I'll only list 3, python related, topics. If the user's interested in .python and .swift then, i'll list, for example:

    [swift_topic, python_topic, swift_topic]. 

    Structure wise I'm thinking of having two lists (this will be fetched as a JSON):

     "topicList": [topics] (each topic has an ID) "mappingList": [ {interests : [python], topicsIds: ["1", "2", "3"]}, {interests : [python, swift], topicsIds: ["22", "1", "23"]}] 

    So, this approach works... however I'm trying to simplify this a bit as, as the languages set grow, so will the mappingList (as I have to list all the combinations). However, I'm not seeing any other way on how to explicitely set the topics order for EACH interest combination/set.

    EDIT: I thought about having a weight (sorting order) component to each topic but that wouldn't help me in specifying different orders for each interest set.

    Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/genome_boy
    [link] [comments]

    For loop integer update

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 02:27 PM PST

    int main()

    {

    int timeCounter = 0;

    int duration;

    std::cout << "Please enter a duration: "; std::cin >> duration; for (int secPassed = 0; secPassed <= duration; ++secPassed) { std::this\_thread::sleep\_for(std::chrono::seconds(1)); timeCounter = secPassed; } 

    }

    So I have this program and I want the user to input a duration, this then goes to the forloop which increments the seconds passed. Every time it loops wait a second, then update a variable with the current secPassed. So its like a clock. But i'm having trouble knowing how to structure it, where to actually output the Timecounter. I don't want a list of numbers , just one that gets updated every loop. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Gloomy-Bite-6908
    [link] [comments]

    I'm new inti this and have to choose a computer.

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 01:46 PM PST

    To explain my situation, i'm new into coding, i've begin since a month now, and my laptop screen just broke. I'm a student, not a a lot of money, so i have to buy a laptop for less than 500€, first i thought about a macbook pro (late 2011) but it's old, and I'm pretty confortable with windows. What kind of computer do you recommend and is there a preference between Windows, ios, and linux ?

    (My objective are to learn js, and in long terms, creat website and application (on android to begin))

    submitted by /u/Downtownnnn
    [link] [comments]

    Amazon flex bots

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 01:40 PM PST

    Anybody have an idea how these bots can grab block schedules faster than humans?

    submitted by /u/lananpips
    [link] [comments]

    What language is TablePlus written in?

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 06:07 AM PST

    Does anybody happen to know what language/framework TablePlus is written in? The OSX version is really nice, and they also have IOS, Windows, and Linux.

    submitted by /u/maximeridius
    [link] [comments]

    Question About Git aversion and CI/CD

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 01:02 PM PST

    So, I have started working as a developer for this company for about 9 months for now. Been mainly doing Frontend/vue.js.

    I got some concerns about my company's culture. My CTO is against using git, and one of the developers, have no clue how to use git. The consequences result to override other dev files.

    And most of them doesn't seem to care about the basics of creating branches, merging and etc...

    How to enforce git culture within the company that I work for?

    The second question is, unit testing. How to create a unit test to automate some of the tests for me?

    The third question is. What is the best workflow CI/CD that I could integrate for personal and company projects?

    submitted by /u/unknownnature
    [link] [comments]

    How hard would it be to port an open source game to a different platform?

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 02:23 AM PST

    I'm an absolute beginner in programming (but have been an Arch/script kid for a decade) but have finally found a project to inspire me getting my hands dirty.

    It's an open source implementation of the mid2000s German euroRPG Gothic 2 and I would particularly love to have it on a mobile platform (Android or Nintendo Switch). The developer is currently still working on the windows version so I would like to volunteer my labour time. It utilizes Vulkan and is a new codebase so I think it should be doable.

    So my 2 main questions:

    1)Is it conceivable that one would go from HelloWorld to doing some of that porting work on one's spare time?

    2)If yes, could you share any resources that would help me learn the processes required for that? Basically any or all the chapters to get from CodeAcademy->PortingGame.

    Here's the codebase in question https://github.com/Try/OpenGothic

    I hope I won't be ridiculed out of the room. I just trying to gauge the knowledge required.

    submitted by /u/Kostaz
    [link] [comments]

    I am learning Python with some free resources and am confused on using the command prompt. Everything I do give me an error and typing in python launches the microsoft store for python download. Please help and advice

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 09:11 AM PST

    I am learning python to prepare to be qualified for a job in database work or as a data scientist and need help. I launch the black box called the command prompt and tried to follow the direction for PIP installation on the w3 site on the link here:

    https://www.w3schools.com/python/python_pip.asp

    When I open the command prompt I see this already there: C:\Users\pneme>

    The w3 site wants me to type in to check if I have PIP installed:

    C:\Users\Your Name\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python36-32\Scripts>pip --version

    Am I using the right command prompt? I have been using IDLE and just opening a new text file to practice my code and run it after I save it. I am really sort of lost on this part now. I looked up some searches on google and it asked me to check if I have python installed by just typing in "python" and when I do that it just launched the Microsoft store for downloading python from them even though I have 3.9 installed. Can someone help me please? Thank you guys

    submitted by /u/juicemanmagic
    [link] [comments]

    VS2019 Data Breakpoints Missing?

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 12:29 PM PST

    Hey all,

    i am using Visual Studio Community 2019 for a VB.Net project. I am attempting to set a data breakpoint to break on a control becoming disabled. I click Debug > New Breakpoint, and the option for "New Data Breakpoint" is not there. It's not greyed out, it's just NOT there. The only option I have in that menu is Function Breakpoint.

    Anyone have any idea why this is missing? Everything I've found for using data breakpoints says that it SHOULD be there.

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/ayumuuu
    [link] [comments]

    Python Input() to search a data file?

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 12:11 PM PST

    Hello all!

    I'm having some trouble conceptualizing a workflow for a little project I want to tackle. I have some temperature data for a few months (many data points per day) that I want to extract certain descriptive maths/stats (mean temp, min temp, max temp) based on a date that I type into the program.

    I've been trying to use the input() function, and assign the user's input as an object, and use that object to iterate over the data and calculate descriptive stats. I'm pretty new to Python / programming, but have used R for quite some time.

    Sorry if this question is a bit elementary or poorly explained, but any advice/references would be well appreciated! I've tried many hours of Stackoverflow searches and haven't found anything to really help.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/250gallontank
    [link] [comments]

    Saving coordinate data from Json to a Microsoft SQL Server Database table

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 12:08 PM PST

    My API receives this json file like the example below, containing x, y and z coordinates for head position and head rotation.

    I want to save this data to a table on a Microsoft SQL Server database. Is there any advice or good practice in terms of how this kind of data should be stored?

    Currently I plan to create a decimal column for each item. E.g I'll have hposition_x, hposition_y, hposition_z, hrotation_x, hrotation_y and hrotation_z. Is there a better way to do this?

    I was trying to find if there's anything similar to the POINT(geography Data Type).

    { "time": [ 0.0, 0.01, 0.03 ], hPosition: [ { "x":0.43774986267089846, "y":1.596419334411621, "z":0.011406928300857544 }, { "x":0.43760088086128237, "y":1.5963757038116456, "z":0.011429280042648316 }, { "x":0.4374849796295166, "y":1.5963705778121949, "z":0.011427640914916993 } ], hRotation: [ { "x":357.2154541015625, "y":272.12548828125, "z":0.7774721384048462 }, { "x":357.2247009277344, "y":272.1348876953125, "z":0.7832403182983398 }, { "x":357.2449951171875, "y":272.1419982910156, "z":0.7742241621017456 } ] } 
    submitted by /u/paulcarron
    [link] [comments]

    I can't be the only one who finds programming tutorials obnoxious right?

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 11:24 AM PST

    Now, don't get me wrong, I think there are some gems when it comes to programming tutorials (e.g: The Cherno, Coursetra, etc...), however for the most part, I think it is easier to just look at the documentation and read through that than rewind and re-watch the same part of a video.

    By extension, a lot of beginner programming tutorials like to say things like "this is something that you just have to remember", but I myself find that to be false most of the time, since later down the line, after learning the syntax and getting a solid grasp of the language/framework you're working with, it is easy to understand what said thing means. By contrast, I see a lot of tutorials just straight up not telling viewers to remember it and not expand upon it at any point down the line.

    What I mentioned might seem like something insignificant, however it has provided me with a certain learning curve to overcome during the time I was learning, and still is.

    Please feel to prove me wrong, my PMs are open!!

    Yours sincerely, just another dev

    submitted by /u/I_have_depression_xd
    [link] [comments]

    Best way of storing text values, manipulating them, and being able to export certain values?

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 04:52 AM PST

    I have a list of URL's, as well as a title of the website. I only have two fields currently.

    title url
    Cool website www.website1.com
    Random site www.website2.com
    Your Text here www.website3.com
    test site pls ignore www.website4.com
    Free bitcoin www.website5.com

    Storing this list

    I would like to store this list in a way that can be easily interacted with. Right now they are a list of lines in a text file like so

    "cool website // www.website1.com".

    "very long webpage title that goes on forever // www.example.com"

    There is no differentiation between the url and the title, and everything is out of alignment. Can't click the URL's either, need to copy+paste. Actually, I don't care about the data's backend. I would like to store this data in a way that can be programmatically manipulated. I'm guessing a database is the best option?

    Manipulating this list programatically

    • I would like to manipulate this list in a webpage without having to dive into whatever the backend is because the backend is probably very unattractive. Although I wouldn't mind manipulating this data in both the webpage or the database if need be.

    • add more entries (more websites)

    • add more data (add comments to existing entries, attach files)

    • add more fields, if I decide to associate new data with an entry

    • edit/delete existing entries(rename/delete entries)

    Presenting this list

    • generate an web page that parses this data and makes a dynamically updated table, nicely aligned

    • fancy things like adding a thumbnail of each website that appears when hovering over the url title, etc. Maybe even dynamically fetch the favicon and display it on mouseover, for example.

    • separation of the webpage from the data, so if I learn some new way of doing things everything is modular and easy to change.

    • custom sort: sort alphabetically, sort by url, sort by comments, sort by presence of thumbnail image or not, whatever

    • ability to filter data. For example, clicking an "cars" widget will only show entries with the "car" tag, and likewise for "travel".

    • some entries may show up in multiple tags, like a blog about campervan travel may appear under both "cars" or "travel".

    • completely dynamic, so unlike old webpages where you click dropdowns to filter, and press search to go to a results page, instead as you toggle individual filters the list dynamically grows or shrinks to fit the matching data. And if I edit the data in the database the webpage is dynamically updated, no need to refresh

    • search box, search as you type across various fields: url, title, comments, etc. Instant results.

    • pass search options to the url: type mysite.com/saved-sites&filter=ferrari might load the webpage with the "ferrari" filter preapplied

    • different levels of filters, some filters that always show, like "cars", "travel", etc, and some filters that only show when "cars" is selected, like "ford" or "ferarri".

    • easy to host this data, if I ever host a web page it can hook right into this setup

    I'm guessing HTML/Javascript, and CSS?

    exporting data

    • The ability to click a button, in either the database, or the html, that says "export all URL's" and have a text file auto-generated that contains a list of url's only

    • choose which field you want to export, export a list of titles instead

    • select multiple fields, export a comma deliminated file of some type

    • export based on which filters are active, click "cars", then "ferarri", then exporting will only generate a list of ferarri-related sites

    • export that changes based on how the data is presented in the web page: sort by title, click output, and the list's output will be based on title, sort by url, output, and the list's output will be sorted by url instead.

    tl;dr learn databases, html, javascript, css?

    submitted by /u/Queef-Latinah
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment