• Breaking News

    Saturday, January 30, 2021

    I created a simple website that removes any extra white space from around an SVG. web developers

    I created a simple website that removes any extra white space from around an SVG. web developers


    I created a simple website that removes any extra white space from around an SVG.

    Posted: 30 Jan 2021 09:47 AM PST

    I finished my first webapp that lets you find your most listened to Spotify songs and turns them into a playlist!

    Posted: 30 Jan 2021 09:13 AM PST

    Happy about this website I built for a client! Was a good learning experience.

    Posted: 29 Jan 2021 10:31 PM PST

    I got fed up with rumours, marketing and PR so I made a website that just shows product announcements and releases from popular brands.

    Posted: 30 Jan 2021 01:15 AM PST

    I created Deskreen. This is a desktop app that makes any device with a web browser a second screen for your computer.

    Posted: 30 Jan 2021 02:01 AM PST

    I made a chrome extension to stay focused without the annoyance

    Posted: 30 Jan 2021 07:14 AM PST

    I built my first website!

    Posted: 30 Jan 2021 02:55 AM PST

    Its only HTML/CSS/Bootstrap5, i have nothing with the company its about, they dont even know about it, they havent responded to my email when i wanted to give it to them for free, idk.

    https://sudolake.github.io/SayGames/

    I did this while doing the Angela Yu course so its a little like hers but most of the stuff is different enough i hope

    Edit: Thanks for all the good supporting comments, i edited it so it says its fanmade at the end

    Edit: im shutting down the website, i published it just bcs of showoff saturday, i dont want any beef with the company so... gg

    If you want to you can just download it and open index.html from here https://github.com/sudolake/SayGames

    submitted by /u/sudolake
    [link] [comments]

    I finally shipped a side project! A Job board with roles across Europe, Australia & US!

    Posted: 30 Jan 2021 06:52 AM PST

    [Showoff Saturday] designed and coded from scratch this old school modern vintage designed plumbers website. Pretty happy with how it came out. Definitely the most unique small plumber site in California!

    Posted: 30 Jan 2021 01:45 PM PST

    I made my first website (front & backend), a URL shortener

    Posted: 30 Jan 2021 04:51 AM PST

    I've been learning HTML, CSS, and JS for some time now, and I finally build my first full website. It's not anything out of this world, it's very basic but hey you gotta start somewhere.

    Since it doesn't have any traffic, there's a luxury of having your own code when shortening a URL, for free. Shame I can't afford a decent domain so I would actually use it and not have to type such a long URL. For the database, I used MongoDB.

    It is mostly mobile responsive, except a few things which I couldn't figure out, but it's totally usable.

    It is built in vanilla JS, but since I'm learning React right now I might update it to React and maybe TS and SCSS as well.

    Any feedback would be appreciated.

    https://re-directed.herokuapp.com/

    submitted by /u/Bob_ButNotTaken
    [link] [comments]

    I redid my portfolio website, would love any and all feedback (criticism especially)!

    Posted: 30 Jan 2021 01:40 PM PST

    Hey everyone, I'm a web developer/designer. I'm currently on contract part-time with an agency and redid my website so that I could get back into freelancing, I would really appreciate any feedback anyone has to give me.

    https://sebastiangale.ca

    submitted by /u/epichi123
    [link] [comments]

    Made a website to track real-time Wallstreet Bet Tickers and Brokerage information.

    Posted: 30 Jan 2021 03:06 PM PST

    I made a compact dashboard to view real-time stock data of popular WSB tickers. I also compiled a list of brokers that are available for trading(USA, EU, UK, CA) some of these highly volatile tickers. Please let me know what you guys think. I plan on adding features before market open Monday.

    I was tired of flipping through google tabs and wanted something compact with real time data. Also the tab will update with GME's ticker price in real time. I will add a feature so you can choose what ticker you want your tab to display.

    This website is in no affiliation with r/wallstreetbets I just made it for fun and to work on my skills as a developer.

    Please do not think this is financial advice or recommendations. It is not. Thank you.

    Data will be live 4am EST this Monday.

    Link to website ->>> wallstreetbetstickers.com

    submitted by /u/certifiedchafer
    [link] [comments]

    We made RapidStash: A sandbox for mocking up your app's backend

    Posted: 30 Jan 2021 11:13 AM PST

    I created a Google Docs "clone"

    Posted: 30 Jan 2021 12:11 PM PST

    The Embedded YouTube Player Told Me What You Were Watching (and more)

    Posted: 30 Jan 2021 01:05 PM PST

    I made a website builder designed for your phone

    Posted: 30 Jan 2021 02:30 PM PST

    Can you make a basic web app without googling? I can't

    Posted: 30 Jan 2021 07:51 AM PST

    I put the finishing touches on a big re-do for my side project -- a bookmark manager for teams

    Posted: 30 Jan 2021 04:29 PM PST

    Made a Chrome Extension that let you know what samples are used in a song on Spotify

    Posted: 30 Jan 2021 04:23 PM PST

    How to get this image stack effect?

    Posted: 30 Jan 2021 09:37 AM PST

    How do you even approach preparing for front end interviews given how much they vary across companies?

    Posted: 30 Jan 2021 09:11 AM PST

    I've got roughly three years of front end experience, and I am finding front end interview prep to be extremely overwhelming. While leetcode style questions are definitely not fun to sift through, at least those going for a more traditional software engineering role can bank on being asked these type of questions in any given interview. However, on the front end, the interviews seem to vary largely from company-to-company. From my research, some will ask about general web architecture (HTTP, DOM, cacheing, fonts, etc.), some ask pure JavaScript questions, some will require actually coding a UI, and then some are still persistent on the leetcode algorithm style of questions.

    How on earth do you go about this? I feel like I'm never going to know when I'm ready and what I should study for. I'm confident in my skills, but I feel vulnerable in these interviews. Even if I do prepare for all the things listed above, by the time I get to the last one (algorithms for instance), the more "gotcha" concepts in previous sections I've studied won't be as fresh.

    TL;DR What are the "givens" you'll be asked in a front end interview, similar to how traditional software engineering positions will always ask algorithm questions?

    submitted by /u/gotta-lot
    [link] [comments]

    A tool for visual programming

    Posted: 30 Jan 2021 02:17 AM PST

    A tool for visual programming

    I have been tinkering on a proof of concept package for visual coding in Laravel. It is by no means finished but I would love to get some feedback and ask if someone would like to collaborate - Im looking to make a JS/Node implementation instead of just PHP/Laravel (but thats the only thing Im strong in so a bit lost :))... Repo: https://github.com/ajthinking/data-story

    https://preview.redd.it/5un9huwq2ge61.png?width=1802&format=png&auto=webp&s=cbdf516609bb690d8e43e167bf9787f394082bd5

    The background for making this package is I used to work with a similar software for geographic data processing, and it was really cool too see how it helped non coders to independently work magics with business data.

    If you want to try it beware it might be a bit unpolished and require a PHP setup :) Thanks for checking it out!

    submitted by /u/theFinalArbiter1
    [link] [comments]

    I built a new way for developers to showcase what they can do

    Posted: 30 Jan 2021 01:04 AM PST

    I built a new way for developers to showcase what they can do

    DevCard

    Site link: https://devcard.link/

    DevCard is a new tool created using Laravel and Vue.js allowing developers to quickly showcase their favourite languages and frameworks along with their social media and portfolio links.

    Everything about the card is customisable and a simple one can be created in less than a minute by signing in through GitHub.

    The best bit, it's free to use!

    Hopefully, some developers see this as a good way to represent themselves quickly and I would appreciate any feedback or additional features you'd like to see.

    submitted by /u/redsquirrel420
    [link] [comments]

    for devs who got into this for work/life balance or health needs

    Posted: 30 Jan 2021 02:27 PM PST

    For those of you who got into this career not because you had a passion for the nature of the work but because you were seeking good work/life balance, decent pay, or any other lifestyle reasons, can you tell me about your experience with the job, was it worth it or how it afforded you the life you wanted?

    I have chronic health problems and there's a lot about this career that appeals to my health needs. As I've looked into web development and have watched a variety of videos of how it can be done, it's definitely not the type of work I'd be super engaged in. But I'm at a stage in my life (or rather in my health) where so many options for different types of work have been eliminated, that I am wondering if the life outside of work that this career would grant me would make it totally worth the tedium. I've been feeling really hopeless about reaching a place of stability with work that allows me to take care of myself and live the life I want to have.

    submitted by /u/cath42
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment