• Breaking News

    Sunday, January 31, 2021

    AIO - phpMyAdmin Theme designed by me. Let me know your feedback. web developers

    AIO - phpMyAdmin Theme designed by me. Let me know your feedback. web developers


    AIO - phpMyAdmin Theme designed by me. Let me know your feedback.

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 09:56 AM PST

    A website builder designed for your phone

    Posted: 30 Jan 2021 07:55 PM PST

    When should you really use useMemo in React? A benchmarked analysis.

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 06:45 AM PST

    What alternative to Google Analytics do you use?

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 03:32 PM PST

    Just created a passion project that I don't expect to make any money but I would like to use it to practice SEO and some other things on a real project.

    With that said, I prefer to use something like Plausible Analytics but not ready to put money into it just yet. What do you guys use or recommend.

    submitted by /u/chaz9127
    [link] [comments]

    Applying for a job as a student for only a short duration

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 08:54 AM PST

    Hi so I am a 3rd year student in a bachelor related to programming and design.

    So I pretty much do UI/UX and full stack development. Since I can't do my internship because of some projects I didn't succeed yet I have some free time. My next project starts 25th of May, which will take 5-6 weeks, and then I it's vacation for me. So maybe after my project I can work there the whole summer vacation as well.

    So I have some free time at the moment, but I really would like to work at a company instead of sitting at home. Now my questions are:

    1. How should I apply to a company for a role, a company that has a job offer open right now? Or just a cold email? Linkedin?
    2. Would company's even bother sending me a message back because of the short duration, and also maybe because it's of such a short duration

    I have no working experience, so this also kind of makes it a bit harder especially since it's a lot of remote work these days.

    A lot of people say that I have a very good profile, and I feel like I can stand out from the rest since I can do everything pretty much. What's the best approach, I really want some work experiences under my belt.

    submitted by /u/FuzzCod
    [link] [comments]

    Finding Paradise With Mapbox, Turf.js, and MEDUZA

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 08:58 AM PST

    Create an API that responds with just a naked string? Am I crazy?

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 01:15 PM PST

    I've got an API for validating tax ID numbers for 100+ different countries. My response object is a little complex, and likely way TMI for most of my customers needs.

    Today I had the idea that I would create a simple version of the API that responds with a single string rather than all this meta information. Basically an empty response is valid and a string response is invalid, with the string being some guidance on what's wrong.

    My objective is to keep this dead simple for my customers, so I'm thinking about just res.sending the string (I'm using express)

    Is that too simple though? Would that be weird? Should I add maybe a little JSON structure?

    submitted by /u/memorycardfull
    [link] [comments]

    Top Marketing Metrics That SaaS Businesses Should Track

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 09:24 AM PST

    full post: https://hockeystack.com/blog/top-marketing-metrics-to-track

    1. Time spent on site

    Marketing, especially content marketing, is all about value. If you believe that you can give value and people who engage with your content see value in it, then you are on the right track. The best way to track this is time spent on site. If your visitors see the value, they will spend more time on your site.

    2. Bounce Rate

    In short, a bounce happens when someone sees your home page and just leaves. Your goal should be to keep your customers as long as possible. To achieve it you can add links to other articles on your content. If your users click on the article you link on your content, the bounce rate will decrease while time spent on site will increase.

    3. Churn

    Churn is the number of SaaS customers that cancel their recurring revenue services. People are hiring experts to measure churn and their reasons nowadays. It is really important because according to statistics: It will cost you 16 times more to bring a new customer up to the same level as an existing customer. As a matter of fact, the more customers a business retains, the more revenue it makes!

    For example, the Harvard Business School report claims that on average, a 5% increase in customer retention rates results in a 25% - 95% increase in profits - 65% of a company's business comes from existing customers!

    To calculate the churn rate, you can take the total number of customers you lost in the month you're reporting on. Divide that by the number of customers you had at the beginning of the reporting month. Then, multiply that number by 100 to get the percentage. For example, if you lose one customer in a month that you started with 100 customers, that would equal a churn rate of 1 percent.

    4. Customer Lifetime Value (CLV)

    Customer Lifetime Value (CLV) is the average amount of money that your customers pay during their total time of engagement.

    To calculate CLV, first, you will need to calculate your Average Customer Lifetime. To do this, take one divided by the customer churn rate. For example, let's say your monthly churn rate is 1%. Your average customer lifetime would be 1/0.01 = 100 months.

    Then you need to multiply Average Customer Lifetime by your average revenue per account (ARPA) over a given period. To do this, take your total revenue divided by your total number of customers. For example, if your company brought in $100,000 in revenue last month off of 100 customers, that would be $1,000 in revenue per account. Customer lifetime value depends heavily on the customer experience you offer to your customers. Here you can see how Discord's tactics to offer a top customer experience and beat their competitors, such as Slack.

    Finally, this brings us to CLV. You will now need to multiply customer lifetime (100 months) by your ARPA ($1,000). That brings us to 100 x $1,000, or $100,000 CLV.

    5. Customer Acquisition Cost (CAC)

    Customer Acquisition Cost (CAC) is the amount of money that costs for you to acquire a customer.

    To calculate CAC, you need to calculate all your marketing spending and divide it by the customers you acquired during that period. If you spent 250 Dollars on marketing and acquired 10 new customers then your CAC is 250/10 = 25.

    submitted by /u/sweetpotato31
    [link] [comments]

    How to plan first personal project?

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 04:30 PM PST

    I have an idea but I lack organization skills and discipline. Anyone have any tips on how to start a personal coding project in an organized fashion and what has helped you?

    submitted by /u/devopsnation
    [link] [comments]

    Does reading books help with your knowledge?

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 07:23 AM PST

    I have been coding professionally for just few months and am trying to expand my industry knowledge as much as i can. My question is does reading books really truly helps or you just gotta code a lot and you learn the stuff by doing the projects. Because i am the one of belief that practice is the ultimate teacher and books have more of an entertaiment value (with some minor value ofc, but not as compared to real work practice)

    Also please recommend some good books that are solid for a 1 year experience developer that have given value to you.

    submitted by /u/Miliot
    [link] [comments]

    [Q] How would you go about making a Paypal blacklist?

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 10:05 AM PST

    If I wanted a system where users who chargeback are blacklisted by their paypal email, how would I go about doing this?

    submitted by /u/cloutgoggle
    [link] [comments]

    If you use Twilio for SMS, be sure to check for an e-mail about new fees coming soon

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 05:12 PM PST

    Just got the e-mail from Twilio about it, that says

    As of March 1, 2021, AT&T's 10-digit Long Code route will launch. With this change, there will be an additional $0.004 carrier fee per outbound SMS message segment and $0.005 per outbound MMS message segment to AT&T users. Twilio will pass this fee through directly to you at no markup.

    Not so much for low volume, but something for high volume to consider.

    They linked to this FAQ about the changes:

    https://support.twilio.com/hc/en-us/articles/1260800720410-What-is-A2P-10DLC-

    submitted by /u/greg8872
    [link] [comments]

    Editor for Drupal/HTML code -- twisties in particular

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 01:21 PM PST

    I work at a company that uses Drupal for coding documents into HTML, and there is no option for TWISTIES built into the editor. So we have to hand code it, which is a royal pain. There is a Drupal plugin for this but it is not installed and will not be for some reason. Can anyone recommend a SIMPLE HTML editor for twisty type stuff that can make handcoding so hard?

    submitted by /u/arfbrookwood
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to implement a blog/forum on my website. How should I go with this?

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 01:18 PM PST

    Hi everyone!

    Thanks for helping people on the webdev subreddit. Love you all.

    I have a website that helps people learn code. I want to put a small forum where people can share posts, links, articles etc. Much like dev.to

    User should be able to log in to an account, have a profile, can share a post, see other posts, like, comment etc. Usual stuff. I already gave an Google Auth system with MongoDB but it's not complete yet so I can change.

    Website is made in Vue (Gridsome).

    What should I use? WordPress, CMS, a fully custom one(don't think I can do this yet), 3rd party tool or something else.

    Thanks a lot! Have a nice day and be safe.

    submitted by /u/hiccupq
    [link] [comments]

    How do I get my site more visitors without messing with SEO

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 04:33 PM PST

    I ain't tech savvy and don't have the time to learn or the cash to pay someone to set it up for me. Any ideas on how to generate traffic for my site? If it helps, my site relies on a subreddit to make it work.

    submitted by /u/hbret6
    [link] [comments]

    How expensive will AWS be?

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 08:46 AM PST

    Hi!

    I checked out AWS since my hosting service told me they couldn't host my server files (like, images, documents, videos, uploaded by my users). It is totally understandable and they told me to go check other services that offered the storage of files for websites.

    I stumbled upon AWS, it's compatible with Laravel and seems pretty reliable. It seemed like a great thing to use! However, small little problem: I have absolutely no idea how much it will cost. Like, I put my estimate: I will maybe download 3-4 gb of user data every month, etc. For the data it will retrieve, unfortunately, it would probably be a lot. My website is in the same format as Imgur, a Masonry layout, etc. On the Network tab of Chrome Dev Tools: 7.0 MB resources, 1.8 MB transferred, 78 requests. If I go only on media (so images from the server), I got around 790 kB for transfer and resources.

    So, I was wondering: how much would it cost? I tried using their application to estimate how much and it seems incredibly low... Here is the estimate: https://calculator.aws/#/estimate?id=5547cfb82d55171a810280b5d61f233ad9ff26ef

    Did I miss something? Is it only going to cost 12$/year?

    submitted by /u/AsteroidSnowsuit
    [link] [comments]

    I have a Front End Developer interview coming up very soon.. What are some things I should review/be familiar with?

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 04:10 PM PST

    I'm coming from a Non-CS background.. I'm a self taught dev who's been in construction labor the last decade.

    I had a company reach out after viewing my personal portfolio, and they've scheduled for me to interview with their hiring team.

    I'm very nervous, mainly because I'm not 100% familiar with a lot of the terms/jargon that may be used. I'd appreciate any feedback on what may be best for me to review, as I really want to ace this interview

    submitted by /u/platonic_thoughts
    [link] [comments]

    The most popular software developer tools in one app

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 12:21 PM PST

    Bootstrap in a large project. is it a good idea?

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 06:55 AM PST

    I am going to build a large website which will probably be really huge, I'm wondering if using bootstrap will be a good idea or not?

    EDIT: It is just for the ease of responsiveness I felt using Bootstrap but I'm afraid it will hamper my predefined components. I am using React Framework.

    submitted by /u/theSulavSapkota
    [link] [comments]

    Could I get massive amounts of critique on my work? F me up. I did the design (with clients wishes) and the coding all by myself

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 03:31 PM PST

    Headless iOS/MacOS Safari

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 03:14 PM PST

    Do any of you know of a way to do headless tests with iOS, and MacOS Safari?
    I know that there is browserstack, but I mean something that I can run locally, ideally for free. Or is the only way for this to set up VMs of MacOS and getting it to work by instrumenting Safari and the iOS emulator?

    Any help is greatly appreciated :D

    submitted by /u/CivilBlueberryMuffin
    [link] [comments]

    Is WordPress worth learning ?

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 03:05 PM PST

    I went to some freelancing websites to see what people are asking for and the majority are searching for someone that can make a wordpress website for them, I don't even understand why when they could get a real developer, btw I am already a full stack web developer and I also know some frameworks like react so is it worth it for me to learn and use WordPress ? (I bet it will be easy tho)

    submitted by /u/MAB-47
    [link] [comments]

    How often do you use design patterns?

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 11:13 AM PST

    As the title says, how often do you use design patterns when you code?

    submitted by /u/callmeautumn
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment