• Breaking News

    Wednesday, September 30, 2020

    Trying to pull Text from a JPane that needs to be an int Ask Programming

    Trying to pull Text from a JPane that needs to be an int Ask Programming


    Trying to pull Text from a JPane that needs to be an int

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 07:21 PM PDT

    Sorry if I explain poorly, but I'm trying to get pull text from JPanes, and I can do it for 3 of my four parameters, but Java does not like me trying to display text for the fourth because the parameter format is (string, string, string, int). Is there any easy way to fix this?

    User newUser = new User

    (theUserUI.jTextPane1.getText(),

    theUserUI.jTextPane2.getText(),

    theUserUI.jTextPane3.getText();

    theUserUI.jTextPane4.getText()); -------------- (LINE WITH ERROR. DOES NOT WANT STRING DISPLAYED FOR INT PARAMETER)

    U1.add(newUser);

    submitted by /u/RockEmergency
    [link] [comments]

    Are there any videos that you would recommend to those who are just learning to program?

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 09:49 AM PDT

    I have some books that I am going to be reading to try to learn how to program. The books I have are about python. Along with the books, it would be nice to have some videos to watch which can help learn about programming. I guess it would be nice to have recommendations whether they are for python specifically, some other language that I may get into sometime later on, or just programming as a whole. Anything could help.

    submitted by /u/ACyclist1
    [link] [comments]

    Can I Reverse-Engineer this insurance quote with devtools?

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 10:07 PM PDT

    I'm trying to figure out how this quote is created https://secure.ami.co.nz/css/car/step1#noBack

    Is there a way to reverse engineer the quote process just by inspectng via devtools? I've tried to find a function that generates the quote but I'm a bit of a noob. I've filled and submitted with dummy info.

    submitted by /u/pyopticman
    [link] [comments]

    Help! What viz tools can do this?

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 07:52 PM PDT

    Need Viz tool that does this basic thing

    1. Say you have a set of 5-7 associated/related items
    2. There's multiple sets
    3. The viz tool automatically creates clusters / a network graph of these items
      1. and associated moreso with each other are closer in the clusters

    I know there are viz sites/tools out there that make making certain kinds of visualizations simple with a click of a button

    submitted by /u/happypuppy100
    [link] [comments]

    Android Studio, React Native, Gradle: Project Sometimes Builds But Won't Run due to Ambiguous Errors & Warnings

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 04:56 PM PDT

    INTRO
    This is a project I've wanted to have running in Android Studio for over a month now. As previously mentioned elsewhere, I inherited this private code base from others who worked on this project. (I'm still under NDA about certain things, meaning I can't safely share this code base with you.)

    The relevant info listed below.

    TECH USED
    Windows 10 Home 64-Bit Edition

    Android Studio 4.0.1

    React Native

    Node.JS

    Gradle: Version 6.0.1 is installed globally, but Gradle 7 may have overridden it in this project.

    DESIRED CODE BEHAVIOR
    Primarily and very preferably: The code runs.

    Secondarily: The code doesn't run but displays easily-understandable and easily-fixable errors.

    ANDROID STUDIO WARNINGS AND COMMENTARY
    This is with compile statements in the code instead of api or implementation statements.

    The following project options are deprecated and have been removed:

    (The warning ends after this, showing *nothing* of what was deprecated!)

    Configuration 'compile' is obsolete and has been replaced with 'implementation' and 'api'.

    (Thanks, I think. Mass replacing 'compile' to 'api' results in a readout described below.)

    ANDROID STUDIO MESSAGE LOG - ERRORS, WARNINGS, DEBUG MESSAGES, ETC.. - WITH COMPILE INSTEAD OF API
    Linked due to length.

    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mWprISb_XL-Q-2pKl9qKGK7BIi5ftyjQyP9XFyRNqbo/edit?usp=sharing

    ANDROID STUDIO MESSAGE LOG - ERRORS, WARNINGS, DEBUG MESSAGES, ETC.. - AFTER REPLACING COMPILE WITH API
    Linked due to length.

    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SPi86a0KHIOCiKjK2WBU0ydsBSG3Nwzu1E7GqrZw6tk/edit?usp=sharing )

    FINALLY FOR NOW
    Thankee for your aid!

    submitted by /u/Endarire
    [link] [comments]

    Neural network in C++

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 12:58 PM PDT

    Hello, everybody) Need to write a year project in programming, so I decided to make a neural network. Thought about NN since last April and finally decided to make my thought came true. Is it be available to write it in C++ (I know that it is, but there aren't a lot information about it)? Can you recommend me some materials for learning? Maybe some links, books or videos. Thank you very much for the reply. Have a good day( ◠‿◠ )

    submitted by /u/WhyAllUsermanes
    [link] [comments]

    Google Analytics at the front-end or the backend? How to handle what user is searching on my website?

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 12:32 PM PDT

    I am developing a Question/Answer website where users have their as well. The backend of the application is the REST API. Basic feature: 1. User's profile 2. Question Answer 3. Posts 4. Search Question, Users, Posts from the search bar.

    Now I want everything under Analytics but I have never used any kind of analytics tools so far. So, what part of analytics should be handled directly by the front-end and what parts should be handled at the backend(REST API). Also, it is mandatory to put a search query into the URL? Like if I "programming" here on Reddit and press enter the URL changes to https://www.reddit.com/search/?q=programming Is it required to put query params into the URL if I need analytics on website's search?

    Though it doesn't matter, my website is build using Reactjs(SPA) and Java(REST)

    submitted by /u/puspendert
    [link] [comments]

    Website for generating example fullstack projects

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 03:36 PM PDT

    Hi. Lately I struggle a lot with creating custom simple project. I discovered that once I require custom set of elements - for example, backend: aspnetcore, frontend: angular, authorization: Auth0, database: mssql, served on: Docker... it's progressively harder and harder to find exact working project on the internet. Even if someone bothered to upload something like this in the past, there are quite chances it's outdated, or just not working on specific platform.

    My idea - there should be service that allow you to compose project from selected set of elements (kinda like RealWorldApp, just more customiable). As my intuition tells me, before actually trying to build such service I should look if there are some working examples already. Because I have trouble with specifying what it is (i'm googling tags like 'fullstack generator', without success), I want to ask you, what should I be looking for.

    submitted by /u/SnooDogsAndCats
    [link] [comments]

    Help me to find location based on weather data

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 09:26 AM PDT

    Hello,

    I need to find a excact location from live cam which only shows a 3x3m of ground. the livestream is on for couple days and will be on for 3 weeks.There is excact time and date. You can see if it rains or not so I was thinking to extract the time when it was raining and combine it with weather data to calculate the location.

    I know the state where the location is.

    I'm not a programmer.

    If you want to help me, PM me (if it works, you will get reward!)

    submitted by /u/Heclik132
    [link] [comments]

    Java is a very popular technology in the software development world and in backend development. But what about users? Where do users need Java installed?

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 11:12 AM PDT

    Back in the 2000s and before, I remember Java being a must in desktop computers, in browsers for java applets, and mobile applications. But most of those things are now deprecated. Where is the JVM needed?

    submitted by /u/HiTek_142857
    [link] [comments]

    Dart for Backend web apis.

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 02:57 PM PDT

    Will dart be a good choice for creating restful apis ? Using angel or aqueduct ? I'm considering it as i'm a flutter developer and i spend my most of the time coding in dart only.

    submitted by /u/papaDIPLO
    [link] [comments]

    How to create a website blocker?

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 02:55 PM PDT

    I was deciding to build a website blocker extension for chrome but I don't know how those similar extensions work.

    can someone explain please. (article, ....)

    submitted by /u/code_passion
    [link] [comments]

    Git add and commit

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 08:22 AM PDT

    Hi,

    I'm just out of a Git lesson and I didn't understand most things.

    The teacher wasn't able to help me (not surprising as I found a nice part of his lesson on Internet) and neither did reading sites helped me. So...

    Could you explain me the principle of the states "modified", "staged", "commited" ?

    I think it's the next step of the last question but what are the roles of git add and git commit ?

    Finally, probably again depending on the previous question, what do : git status, git show and git ls-tree ?

    Also we are doing everything under Linux in Terminator and I only have 3 hours experience on it

    submitted by /u/ThysGuy0
    [link] [comments]

    Maximum Cliques

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 02:08 PM PDT

    How do I find maximum cliques in an undirected graph using python? Anything would be useful.

    submitted by /u/MaskMan9046
    [link] [comments]

    Where can I find hackathons near me?

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 01:56 PM PDT

    Last year I went to the NASA Space Apps Challenge and was hooked. Unfortunately I've found precisely 0 others in the last year, despite asking everyone who might know. So, I've turned to reddit. Where can I find them / are there any international ones I could take a look at?

    To complicate matters I'm under 18.

    submitted by /u/IWantOreo
    [link] [comments]

    Question regarding an online platform. Erasmus project. Pls help

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 01:54 PM PDT

    Hello,

    I'm a collage student in IT (4th year) and recently i got a gig for making a website for an Erasmus project. My mother got me into it (she runs Erasmus projects) and the task requires me to develop an "Online Platform" for the project. I already have a website up and running, that task was pretty straightforward. But now i have to make this platform and i don't even know what that exactly entails.

    It has to do be something like http://netchem-eu.com/home.html. I assume it is an online Database with all sorts of linked information, javascript and SQL stuff. Does anyone have exeprience with something like this? I'm pretty much a newbie in this so i know basics of Java, Python, Javascirpt, HTML, CSS, SQL,... But can you guys point to me where can i find information about how to make this and what technologies i have to use etc. Thanks!!

    submitted by /u/bodza1997
    [link] [comments]

    Need help with structs in C

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 12:47 PM PDT

    Hi! I would like to know what is wrong with my code and if there is any solution to it:

    if (q->pass <3){ q->file=j->file; q->pass=j->pass; q->name=j->name; } 

    What im trying to do is if the value "pass" is less than 3 I want to equal the input values of q into j. The error that I get is: error: assignment to expression with array type. I searched on other sites but didnt find a solution for that and dont kwno what is causing it.

    submitted by /u/BlooodmaD
    [link] [comments]

    Boolean logic - Invert "if" condition

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 11:40 AM PDT

    I'm looking to invert the following if condition to fail fast.

    So I'm try to turn this:

    string str = ""; if (!A && (B || C)) { str = "newString"; } return str; 

    ... into something like this:

    string str = ""; if (<inverted conditional>) return str; str = "newString"; return str; 
    submitted by /u/jumpy-town
    [link] [comments]

    I've been an amateur programmer for 12 years now, having a difficult time landing a professional position. Is a bootcamp worth it?

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 11:31 AM PDT

    I'm currently trying to move into being a professional software engineer, coming from being an amateur for 12 years.

    I've been programming since I was 9 and starting with Lua on Roblox. I'm well respected in many communities on that platform for my work in both leadership and my code work, but I've never indepentantly produced any well-known games. I've primarily spent my years creating games for niche communities and my own personal projects whether that be for me or my friends (angular websites, "ai" bots, MongoDB, homelab), all for free because it's fun for me I learn and get exposed to new languages. Well I'm nearly 22 now and, well, I need a good career. I've spent a few years living alone as a manager in retail and that's definitely not my long term vision. Recently I've changed things up and am now dedicating all my time into making games on Roblox Luau for masses to play, which is nearly ready so I'm optimistic for its release. My expected income from it is anywhere around $50-350 a month, if super successful it can being in far more to thousands. After I establish that game I also have other game ideas planned that would be widely popular.

    I guess my issue is that I'd rather have something more formal. An actual job. I didn't go to college or have any formal training, and firmly believe I don't need it given my skills and abilities. So I've tried to apply to some Junior positions and haven't gotten any callback. I guess my resume/portfolio just doesn't have enough qualifying projects. I am currently making these games as a portfolio builder but also because it can bring in a bit of income, I've moved back into my parents to focus on my career.

    I've been considering doing some form of formal education. My friend suggested I do a tech bootcamp he went though called Tech Elevator which is a 14 week course for $15,500. They would help you get a job in the industry after completion of the course (explicitly help and give pointers, not give), plus I would have that on my resume as education. My friend is super successful so I'm finding it attractive.

    Perhaps some certs would be better? I find this a touchy point though because I'm under the impression that certs generally don't mean much, rather, your experience is what matters from specific projects/roles on my resume. Thing is I also don't feel like I need a formal education beyond certs due to my current experience.

    So a number of questions..

    As a hiring manager, CTO, project manager: Would you hire someone that went to Tech Elevator? Further, would you hire someone that has my skillset?

    What do you think would be my best approach? Continue working on my projects, maybe get some Certs while doing that? Or a would a bootcamp be optimal? Get a desk support job and try to work up?

    Thanks for reading my situation. Any advice, thoughts, or questions are greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/yudun
    [link] [comments]

    A beginnee looking for help

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 07:13 AM PDT

    Hello world! I'm kinda new to programming and all of my programming experience comes from Pure Data. I'm looking forward to start learning other programming languages but I'm not sure which should I pick. I'm mostly interested in developing apps and videogames if that helps. Which language/s do you think is better?

    Also, feel free to link any tutorial/YT channel/other resources that you think could be helpful for a newbie!

    Thank you very much!

    submitted by /u/David_Trancon
    [link] [comments]

    I'm a beginner with Java Programming and I'm having trouble with accessing multiple array lists from another class.

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 01:50 AM PDT

    Here is the code of the first class I created my array list:

    public class CommunicationGPN4 { public static void main(String args[]) { ArrayList<String> names = new ArrayList<String>(); names.add("Genevieve"); ArrayList<String> nums = new ArrayList<String>(); nums.add("09664566284"); ArrayList<Float> bals = new ArrayList<Float>(); bals.add((float)1500); ArrayList<String> pass = new ArrayList<String>(); pass.add("PewPooBeep123"); . . . else { Client user = new Client(names.get(index), nums.get(index), bals.get(index), index); user.Transaction(); } } while(num != 0); } } 

    Here is the class where I want to access and manipulate those 4 array lists:

    class Client { String clientName; String clientNum; float balance; int arrNum; private ArrayList<String> bals; Client(String name4, String num4, float bal4, int dex) { clientName = name4; clientNum = num4; balance = bal4; arrNum = dex; } void Create(String name, String phoneNum) { names.add(name); //this is an error nums.add(phoneNum); //this is an error Scanner scanPass = new Scanner(System.in); System.out.println("Enter desired password for new user: "); String addPass = scanPass.next(); pass.add(addPass); //this is an error int newbal = 0; bals.add(newbal); //this is an error System.out.println("Successfully created new client."); System.out.println("Sign out this account and enter password for new account to access it."); } . . . 
    submitted by /u/ENTP_EMPEROR
    [link] [comments]

    Which programming languages does a software developer need to know

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 03:26 AM PDT

    How much does it cost to create an app?

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 09:00 AM PDT

    I'm looking into a project for a small school in Mexico. Basically, the idea is to create an app like canvas, but have full control of it to manipulate it according to the school's needs, prices, and feedback. The school already pays for canvas and other app, which is a lot of money, but I'm in charge of finding a solution to those expenses. The solution would be the app, so I need to know how expensive would it be to create an app like canvas for a smaller enviroment, and how much money would it take? (Canvas is an app where professors can upload files, assignments, quizzes, announcments, and grades)

    submitted by /u/Lizzardbe
    [link] [comments]

    OpenCourseWare in your country

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 01:28 AM PDT

    What are some good programming, computer science or related open course wares like MIT or Standford have on the internet where public can see the videos from course lessons etc.?

    UPDATE: I am not looking for courses on Khan Academy, Coursera, edX, etc. I want links to courses that are directly from Universities/Schools. The language of the lectures is not important.

    submitted by /u/jastinthorne
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment