• Breaking News

    Thursday, August 6, 2020

    Is personalized yet anonymous search engine possible? Ask Programming

    Is personalized yet anonymous search engine possible? Ask Programming


    Is personalized yet anonymous search engine possible?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 09:21 AM PDT

    So, there's a problem with DuckDuckGo. If you ever used it, you probably had a thought that it's a lot harder to find anything in it compared to Google that gives you results it knows that are more relevant to you. So, how do you think, is it possible to achieve anonymity while retaining personalized results according to recent searches? Maybe something like keeping data on previous searches locally

    On top of that, another degree of complexity - is it possible to make it personalized, anonymous and distributed, because implications of single entity controlling the system terrify me. If thing is not on Google, it might as well not exist, so if search engine is big enough it can easily become a propaganda tool, for most obvious use case. No single person or corporation should have that amount of control over internet.

    submitted by /u/L_James
    [link] [comments]

    Advice on simulation engine

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 10:30 PM PDT

    Looking for advice for which programming language or platform to use for a simulation engine. The simulation will have many independent actors all existing in the same 'environment' and interacting with each other. Complex physics are not required. Key component is that all entities will be constantly updated in real time, or according to 'ticks'. Performance is a key consideration as the goal state has very large amount of entities and complex rules/attributes governing their interactions.

    submitted by /u/helixA
    [link] [comments]

    Integer Validation without try catch. If input is string Inputmismatch exception will occur how to solve it and ask user to enter valid data again

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 09:37 PM PDT

    What language should I use?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 08:44 PM PDT

    so, I am pretty new to programming. I know basic Html, python, and c++. I want to be a game developer and I plan to use the Unity game engine. what would be the best programming language (languages) to learn?

    submitted by /u/Saba_Kandashvili
    [link] [comments]

    Best Way To Automatically Upload A Download Into Google Sheets?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 07:52 PM PDT

    I need to upload data hourly every day into a google sheet. I will be receiving the data into my email either as CSV or excel.

    For background, I'm halfway through python crash course, but have no other programming experience so I have no experience. Would like to do it within a month. What are the best tools for this?

    submitted by /u/YoerickLH
    [link] [comments]

    I want to create an Android and iOS app besides a website

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 03:33 PM PDT

    So, I want to make a single project I can deploy as website and iOS Android apps. What is the easiest way. The app is just a news feed. So, It will just show news from other sites with the link. Do I need to host it even if I do it as app only. I can't get my head around about the hosting part.

    submitted by /u/UniqueAway
    [link] [comments]

    OOP project Ideas?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 06:54 PM PDT

    I'm taking classes online this semester and was looking a few project ideas for object oriented programming to keep myself busy and in-practice and maybe build up my skill set ( I specialize in Java and Web Development) but I'm open to all suggestions.

    submitted by /u/DreamSailor01
    [link] [comments]

    building a bot

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 05:46 PM PDT

    so im looking to build a bot to auto respond to emails for my company , my job gets alot of inquires that I simply cant keep up with if i was able to have an automated response it would save me so much time. Is this a possibility? I'm familiar at the surface level with C++ and decent with python. If someone could link me a source code of what it might look like that would be great (Btw Ik you can have auto response set up through certain email services but for reasons we can not use those)

    submitted by /u/colejuly18
    [link] [comments]

    Why does my "Yup" not print out in my example?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 01:38 PM PDT

    class Jake { public static void main(String args[]) { String str = "J a k e"; String[] arr = str.split("\\s+"); // Or ...split(" ") for (String t : arr) { if (t == "J") { System.out.println("Yup"); } } } } 

    I am honestly stumped.

    I have another program that essentially relies on this method, and since being on it all day I have come to the conclusion this is my problem. Right now I am a bit too tired to think, so I am hoping someone can tell me the answer before I go bed.

    submitted by /u/jaykjakson
    [link] [comments]

    Programming Language for Data Collection

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 04:34 PM PDT

    I'd like to learn a programming language by doing my own projects, and something that interests me is using all the data found on things like social media and other websites.

    If I wanted to write something that could collect specified pieces of data from websites (using Reddit as an exampling; like parsing post titles for specific words and counting it, or comparing scores of posts), what language would I use for this?

    Any suggestions would be great, thanks!

    TLDR: What programming language to use to scrape data from websites for analytics.

    Edit: am I using this subreddit wrong? I'm getting really downvoted?

    submitted by /u/Meeetchul
    [link] [comments]

    I can publish byte array to IPFS and see it on a peer website, but when I publish the individual nodes (MerkleNode, CborObject, IPLD, etc), it doesnt go past local server. How do I publish a node to internet?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 03:16 PM PDT

    Example I published from java-ipfs-http-client: https://ipfs.io/ipfs/QmdfjTwjqh74f4keNUdkEAZzQdVuhLczHcP2WYE4fqtVy6

    https://github.com/ipfs-shipyard/java-ipfs-http-client/blob/master/src/main/java/io/ipfs/api/MerkleNode.java

    https://github.com/ipfs-shipyard/java-ipfs-http-client/blob/master/src/test/java/io/ipfs/api/APITest.java This works for NamedStreamable.ByteArrayWrapper but not dagCbor. The dagCbor JUnit test passes, but when I tried variants of it to actually publish to the p2p network, I dont see it on https://explore.ipld.io/#/explore/z43AaGEvwdfzjrCZ3Sq7DKxdDHrwoaPQDtqF4jfdkNEVTiqGVFW (thats one that does exist) or ipfs.io. How am I supposed to verify it exists in the IPFS network?

    submitted by /u/BenRayfield
    [link] [comments]

    How can a computer understand anything?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 01:52 PM PDT

    Given that it all boils down to yes and no (1 and 0) I don't understand how you can teach a computer to do anything.

    submitted by /u/Commie_Vladimir
    [link] [comments]

    Programming language for a journal/writing program?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 09:28 AM PDT

    I'm interested in learning to program, and want to dive right in and try to create a journal/writing program that will have integrated thesaurus, dictionary and research components, as a stand alone desktop program for serious writers. So, a word processor plus, plus. Java comes to mind, but I'm very out of date and would really appreciate your input to steer me in the right direction. Many thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/Virfortimous
    [link] [comments]

    Revit Structural Column Dimension

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 01:00 PM PDT

    Is there any way I can get a structural column to visually show and update automatically with length for a two sided structural column providing lengths for each side totaling the overall length set for the structural column?

    submitted by /u/Abrahamg1025
    [link] [comments]

    How to send SMS in Java?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 06:28 AM PDT

    So I am basically a beginner, I made a program which lets you create a small csv database and then send reminders to people in the database that have appointments the next day.

    But I don't know how to send text messages with Java. If it matters I am from Bulgaria , Do I need to buy a GSM modem or a SIM card reader for my pc? basically what I am asking for if you could refer me to ways in which I can send messages in Java. The software will only be sending 20-25 messages a day max but most likely only 15 on avarage.

    Any Help would be greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/LuKey1921
    [link] [comments]

    How would i make a pong game using WEB-RTC or any networking lib that internally uses web-rtc, using unity

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 11:51 AM PDT

    I am a total beginner with unity,

    So please excuse me if this is a dumb question

    submitted by /u/CuriousPotatoRon
    [link] [comments]

    CSS not loading in PHP

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 11:48 AM PDT

    EDIT: I'm an idiot, i had "ref" in the link tag, instead of "rel".

    I've written a website in PHP, and previously had the css in a <style> tag, I've now moved that to a stylesheet.css file.

    On loading index.php I get the page without any styling at all. Right clicking and choosing view source I get:

    <!DOCTYPE html> <html lang=en> <head> <link ref="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="../public/css/stylesheet.css"> <title>Document</title> </head> <body> <h1>Tasks for the day</h1> <hr> <nav> <a href='/'>Home</a> <a href='/about'>About Us</a> <a href='/contact'>Contact Us</a> </nav> <hr> <div> <ul> <del><li>Go shopping</li></del> <li>Learn PHP</li> <li>Clean bedroom</li> </ul> </div> </body> 

    And clicking on the "../public/css/stylesheet.css" link from the source page takes me to the correct css file:

    html { font-family: verdana, serif; background: #eaedd5; } h1 { text-align: center; } div { background: #bbc6ed; margin: auto; width: 250px; padding: 20px; box-shadow: 10px 10px 5px lightgrey; border-radius: 10px; } div h1 { text-align: center; } 

    I can't for the life of me work out what's going wrong. The HTML is all ending up in the correct place, and the <link> is pointing to the right place.

    I've tried hard refreshing, clearing cache etc.

    Anyone have any ideas?

    submitted by /u/specialneedz
    [link] [comments]

    Bidimensional linked list

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 10:55 AM PDT

    The computing perspective of a bidimensional linked list (havig both left and right as well as up and down connections) is probably redundant (as in you could do all it does in a normal linked list). But wouldn't there be an usage advantage for specific problems, like solving Sudoku or problems alike?

    submitted by /u/tiagomagnuss
    [link] [comments]

    can anyone help me with a simple python project?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 10:47 AM PDT

    hey guys, so I am pretty new to coding in python. I want to run a VBS file using python and the os module (import os). can anyone please help?

    submitted by /u/Saba_Kandashvili
    [link] [comments]

    How are you spacing out your day?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 10:24 AM PDT

    Eight hours, what do you do with them? I can't be productive eight hours that's for sure!

    submitted by /u/hjill
    [link] [comments]

    Which is the absolute fastest stack for backend and frontend to get an app+website idea up and running?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 10:09 AM PDT

    My experience is mostly with NodeJS and jquery/bootstrap but it seems outdated and UI was never as good as more modern options at my previous company. So I'm wondering if I should move to React or Svelte or something else.

    Similarly for the backend (backend and database), is there something that has the least boilerplate code and just requires fewer lines of code each time I want to add a new API/feature or other program logic?

    submitted by /u/Whatplantami
    [link] [comments]

    Control a computer via iframe or something similar

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 09:57 AM PDT

    Hello everyone. I´m trying to find the easiest way to achieve this. I need to be able to control a computer within a website, without any software downloads. Basically user will be able to see what´s going on on the remote computer on their browser, all this within a website.

    Do you have any tips/suggestions?

    thanks a lot in advance

    submitted by /u/egidoval
    [link] [comments]

    Webscraping website for scraping the web for all webscraping lovers.

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 09:51 AM PDT

    Idk about you, but lately I've been getting into webscraping and web automatization and really love the Idea of gathering information from the web and deductively using the website's html Code against it.

    The thing is the web scraping community is really small and I've thought of an idea to maybe change that and would love to hear your thoughts:

    I am currently making a website for people to post their findings from scrapes that they have done and get money for it.

    The idea is for programmers to post a CSV or any file they seem fit to the website and if enough people view it, they will get 100% of the money from the ads that are on their post.

    You would also be able to request different scraping jobs that you want done and someone might do it for you (also paid).

    This website might be really good for data scientist who might look for some data that he requires but I don't know anything about data science ;).

    I'd love to hear your thoughts on that topic!

    Also, I'm really bad at naming things, if you could think of a cool name, that would be appreciated.

    Thank you 🙏

    submitted by /u/ynskh
    [link] [comments]

    How do you network during covid?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 09:45 AM PDT

    I recently completed a coding bootcamp and need to start doing some networking. Back before the dark days, I went to a couple meet ups and I really saw the potential to make some great connections networking at events like that. Now that everything has gone virtual, I'm a bit lost as how to best continue growing my network. Does anyone have any advice? Simply making connection requests on LinkedIn and liking posts seems a bit weak to me.

    submitted by /u/GoWayLowForThePesos
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment