• Breaking News

    Friday, August 14, 2020

    I just released Deviceful: It lets you control and animate 3D devices with JavaScript, you can display your portfolio projects in really interesting ways compared to a static PNG 🤟 web developers

    I just released Deviceful: It lets you control and animate 3D devices with JavaScript, you can display your portfolio projects in really interesting ways compared to a static PNG �� web developers


    I just released Deviceful: It lets you control and animate 3D devices with JavaScript, you can display your portfolio projects in really interesting ways compared to a static PNG ��

    Posted: 14 Aug 2020 02:44 PM PDT

    Change Your Site’s Color Scheme with an Awesome Colorpicker in Vue.js ��

    Posted: 14 Aug 2020 03:18 AM PDT

    dealing with eyestrain, hydration is your best friend!

    Posted: 14 Aug 2020 05:50 AM PDT

    if you are dehydrated your eyes endurance to light sources or focusing in general will be greatly reduced because your eyes will be dehydrated aswell.

    If you are currently already using a flicker free screen, with good enviromental lightning and f.lux etc and getting good sleep but still having issues, you should try upping your hydration game. Drinking more water helps but it depends if you also have enough minerals absorbing the water (which is salt) otherwise most will just be filtered to your bladder.

    put 4grams of salt per liter of water and your eyes will feel a lot better, but if you are already salting your food or eat salty food you shouldnt to do this, i do this because my food is very bland.

    When im hydrated i have 0 problems with it but when im slacking i can feel my eyes get strained and irritated

    submitted by /u/enrosanalle
    [link] [comments]

    i am getting pop up message saying "a data breach on a site or app exposed your password .chrome recommends changing password on 192.168.0.10:3000"while developing a react app.whenever i register a user i am getting this pop up

    Posted: 14 Aug 2020 05:40 AM PDT

    [Showcase] My Personal Portfolio Website

    Posted: 14 Aug 2020 12:38 PM PDT

    Hy, everyone. I want to showcase my Personal Portfolio Website.

    I have been working on it for the past couple of weeks and would appreciate any critique of it.

    The website uses plain HTML, CSS, and Vanilla JS. No libraries or frameworks. I wanted to make it without any help from them. It's responsive, uses Gulp for Building the App(minifying CSS and JS, Image Compression, HTML Injecting). The website also uses Service Worker to Cache Static Assets(HTML, CSS, JS, Images, etc.) and Lazy Loading of Images for better performance.

    On PageSpeed Insight I get a score of 92, which I think is good and the app passes all of the main PWA tests.

    You can check it out here: https://markokarapandzic.github.io/portfolio-website/

    submitted by /u/Makro1234
    [link] [comments]

    Google resumes its attack on the URL bar, hides full addresses on Chrome 86

    Posted: 14 Aug 2020 10:20 AM PDT

    Is learning vanilla JS first beneficial before diving into frameworks?

    Posted: 14 Aug 2020 03:04 PM PDT

    I have noticed a number of blog posts that say you should learn to build web apps in vanilla JS before learning frameworks. Is it true? Does it make my life easier? Any resources on how to build larger web apps in pure javascript?

    submitted by /u/mkiisa
    [link] [comments]

    What’s New in WCAG 2.2

    Posted: 14 Aug 2020 05:40 AM PDT

    For side hustles how do you estimate projects?

    Posted: 14 Aug 2020 04:31 AM PDT

    Like if it's a whole ecommerce site, how much time will be ideal? I can say like 1-2 months depending on complexity, because I think I can do that but I think I must also take into account my sleep and sanity right (considering that I have a job and this is just a side hustle)?

    I found this website https://estimatemyapp.com. Have you used this website before? What do you guys normally use to estimate your projects? Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/_rclair
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a database that I could setup and use totally through npm. ( No downloads outside of npm.)

    Posted: 14 Aug 2020 04:04 PM PDT

    Hey, I am making a short demo on setting up an express server and wanted to include an add-on demo showing how to add a database to the server. I'd like to keep is super simple and hopefully just contain it to my .js files and npm. Are any databases that come completely through npm.

    For example, Postgres and MongoDB both need the user to download and install their database software outside of npm, but I was looking for something that comes completely through npm ( I'm not sure if it exists or not) . Thanks!

    submitted by /u/killertreatdev
    [link] [comments]

    Do you still use plain HTML, CSS, Javascript when creating side projects/ hobby projects?

    Posted: 13 Aug 2020 11:08 PM PDT

    (Title)

    submitted by /u/shiyayonn
    [link] [comments]

    Why is web dev so hard?

    Posted: 14 Aug 2020 11:34 AM PDT

    literally you see the terms like "ES5 & ES6 react, babel, gulp,ES2016+, etc.." it just never ends and thus makes the beginner wants to quit web dev... (idk if this makes sense?) also am only a beginner so yeah...

    so my point is do i really need to learn all of these technology?, do i really need to learn the "modern javascript), also i heard about back end being "stable", (not like frontend changing every time).

    maybe backend is for me i guess?.

    sorry for the rant am just a fellow kid who enjoys computers X).

    submitted by /u/Haitamdragon
    [link] [comments]

    What are the best pre-launch landing pages you've stumbled upon?

    Posted: 14 Aug 2020 01:45 PM PDT

    Every so often I come across a pre-launch landing page that instantly excites me, e.g. Robinhood, Harry's, and MagicLeap.

    Hu.ma.ne recently got my attention and resonated in a prospect refuge sense of, "I just want to breathe into this landscape."

    What pre-launch sites have you recently stumbled upon and appreciated?

    submitted by /u/tobygoldstein
    [link] [comments]

    I made a reddit clone using NextJS which shows you next only after you vote a post (Desktop Recommended)

    Posted: 14 Aug 2020 01:35 PM PDT

    This website has limited features but the core functionality if there, please do check it out and tell me what you like and dislike about it.

    Link: https://reddit-redefined.vercel.app/

    Github: https://github.com/Hardik500/reddit-redefined

    submitted by /u/hardik500
    [link] [comments]

    Recommendations for new website platforms/software

    Posted: 14 Aug 2020 04:00 PM PDT

    Hi folks, I'm just getting back into web dev again after doing some other stuff for 7 years or so. I used to a lot of Joomla and Wordpress sites for folks and now I have a client that needs a site. The client is a sex worker so I don't really want to build the site on Wix or Sqaurespace as that would be a breach of TOS I'm guessing. ( I'm not 100% sure what shes going to be doing and I'm not sure about the legality of her work).

    Does anyone have any recommendations for newer sexier platforms than WordPress that I can run on some cheap shared hosting? I can also deploy a virtual server from my managed cloud hosting platform if I find something worth while that requires more resources or custom configs. I was thinking there might be some cool new react CMS out now.

    I want something with a back-end so she can log in and upload blog posts or add content and stuff without doing any coding.

    I'd love some recommendations from folks in the know.

    I have experience in HTML, CSS, Javascript, node, express, php, apache, nginx, mysql, sass, less and also magento, Joomla, wordpress, wix, sqaurespace and webflow.

    submitted by /u/climbah
    [link] [comments]

    What's the status of Firefox Developer Tools compared to Chrome DevTools?

    Posted: 13 Aug 2020 11:29 PM PDT

    With regard to DOM, CSS and Javascript debugging, how mature, feature complete and snappy are Firefox Developers Tools compared to Chrome DevTools?

    I found some past discussions, both on Reddit and on SO (like this What unique features do the Firefox DevTools have that the Chrome DevTools don't have and vice versa?) but most of them sound kind of outdated.

    Also, talking with some colleagues, it seems like for development many just stick with Chrome, and really have not tried Firefox Developers Tools anymore for months.

    What's your updated opinion?

    submitted by /u/jeenajeena
    [link] [comments]

    How do you keep track of all the new tehcnologies that seem to appear almost every week?

    Posted: 14 Aug 2020 03:40 PM PDT

    Hello people,

    I am an embedded software engineer, who was doing a lot of webdev side hustles until a couple of years ago. My full time day job got pretty intense last couple of years and I had to give up on the web dev stuff for a while. Now I am trying to get back and want to develop some apps for my embedded engineering clients and I am lost with all this new tech.

    I feel like I am stuck in some kind of time capsule. Last time I was working on a pretty solid data logging, analysis tools for my company to help with development of some new sensor technology. I have pretty strong understanding of Django, flask, bootstrap and decent javascript to get by. I built a sensors development platform with multi level memberships, comments, likes etc using django and the tool ended up being used pretty widely inside my company.

    Now I want to build something similar but with a lot more complex data visualization. Things like histograms, scatter plots and some dynamic charts.

    How do I find out whats the newest technology out there for these things? I want to invest a month or so of my time to build a strong understanding of some kind of charting, data analysis tool kit but have no idea what to invest my time in. I am thinkigng of building a flask app with python backend, but not sure what to use for visualization and plotting.

    All this technological advancement in this field is making me feel like a dinosaur who is trying to build something for 2020 with 2015 technology.

    How do you guys in this field keep up with this change?

    submitted by /u/randia_throwaw
    [link] [comments]

    How hard is it to secure JWT authentication from XSS & XSRF? Am I better off using Auth0, etc.?

    Posted: 14 Aug 2020 03:36 PM PDT

    Is it worth coding this out myself using Express and React, or is it hard to secure? It looks like there is a lot of debate in this area and I don't want to spend time coding it out if I'm going to scrap it because of insecurities.

    submitted by /u/Austinitered
    [link] [comments]

    [Rant] Node JS is frustrating

    Posted: 14 Aug 2020 10:28 AM PDT

    Let me start off with a little bit about myself. I've been a developer professionally since 2014. I got started writing Android apps in Java, dabbled with iOS/Objective-C, moved on to Symfony/PHP websites, came back to Android/Kotlin, and most recently I've been building web apps with Angular and nodejs backends.

    I enjoy working with Angular and Typescript is really nice to work with. My main beef is with the JS ecosystem as a whole. I constantly find myself completely lost when it comes to the build system, transpilers, runtimes, missing language feature, etc on the backend. I can't think of any other language or system I've previously used that can't stand on it's own two legs. Why can't I use "import" on nodeJS without babel? Or why do I need regenerator-runtime to use async/await. Then I add typescript to the project and everything blows up in a completely different way. "Missing property" errors that completely break deployments, but the code works completely fine when I run it locally. Why are there 4 different standards for module packaging?

    That's not to say that I hate Javascript, or node. I think they're both fine and I can develop proficiently using them. I've just never spent so much time debugging strange runtime errors with any other set of tools.

    And finally a question: I've got node JS 10.16, typescript 3.7.2, ts-node, babel-register, runtime-regenerator right now and I can't figure out which of these I actually need. I'd love to simplify this, but I can't find any straight answer on the internet about which of these is really necessary. I hoped that ts-node would eliminate the need for babel-register and runtime-regenerator, but I have no idea how these puzzle pieces fit together. What set of tools do I really need to use on the backend?

    What are the best practices for using typescript on the backend?

    submitted by /u/coffeemaxed
    [link] [comments]

    Be careful about Tamalweb (Got scammed)

    Posted: 14 Aug 2020 01:44 PM PDT

    Okay everyone, hello!

    First off, i want Tamal Anwar to know that he can still refund me! I will drop this as soon as he does!

    As i see that he has been active here,just want to prevent other people not to fall for his scam .

    I came to his site (https://tamalweb.com/) in search of a programmer that could clone a site for me.

    I asked and asked and asked about using paypal ,but he claimed he was having problems with it. He asked for Bitcoin .

    After taking the payment in advance,and not delivering the order after 34 days,finally he delivered the order without delivering correctly what we had asked for.And the worst part ; he published our project on Github for free after 3 moths as a sample of his own work!

    So let's see what I recieved compared to what was promised.

    No working clone website

    Having my own project exposed to the public for free!

    Proofs:

    https://imgur.com/a/sRuADRc

    I want to stop him from scamming more people

    submitted by /u/Charlotte995090543
    [link] [comments]

    Suggestions for dealing with a contractor who is trying to consult and not develop

    Posted: 14 Aug 2020 02:38 AM PDT

    Looking for a polite but firm way to deal with a new contractor who doesn't seem to realize we've hired his help to assist us with a rather large backlog, not to play 100 questions with me or to try to assume the role of architect.

    This person is new, so I'm trying very hard to give them the benefit of the doubt, but it's getting difficult as they're starting to hog a lot of my time to discuss architecture choices for things that have nothing to do with their current task. I don't want to kill this guys enthusiasm because he does seem excited to work with us, but it's starting to get a bit annoying very quickly when he tries to weigh in on decisions that 1) are not his decisions to make and 2) have been made long ago and for very important reasons dealing with either business rules/needs or very specific tech use cases.

    Also, I get a sense this person came from a small company where they were the only person on staff with several years of webdev experience. So he might be used to advising everyone around him. But we don't need that kind of advice, we need someone to help us in the trenches to get shit done. Anyone dealt with something similar and have any advice to share?

    submitted by /u/sindach
    [link] [comments]

    Keeping a copy of minified or non minified assets in your repo?

    Posted: 14 Aug 2020 01:06 PM PDT

    I've got a composer package, and because of the way it is used I do not want to require users utilise NPM to download bootstrap and a few other libraries. I want these included by default.

    Right now, I have a minified version of the css and js assets sitting in a contrib folder in my package. The plan being that whenever I'd just update those when I needed to update the dependencies.

    I've just done that and it made me realise, is it better to store these as non-minified?

    The minified versions certainly take up less room and make it clear that this is contributed code. But when changing the files, git has to rewrite the entire thing since it is on one line. This would make my diffs much larger then if I just stored the normal file. Thoughts?

    submitted by /u/WackoDesperado2055
    [link] [comments]

    Every .fm domain taken?

    Posted: 14 Aug 2020 01:08 AM PDT

    I was looking around at the .fm domain and noticed literally every possible domain is taken? Try for yourself: type random letters then .fm and it will br taken. Example: djsjsgsu.fm And they all redirect to either "simcast" or "msn", so somehow this is linked to microsoft it seems. How the fuck is this possible, how can one group afford thousands of domains if not some kind of insider deal? Its as if the entire extension is cybersquatted. Whats going on here?

    submitted by /u/mixedcurrycel2
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment