• Breaking News

    Sunday, July 12, 2020

    WIP, Any advice to improve my effect?

    WIP, Any advice to improve my effect?


    WIP, Any advice to improve my effect?

    Posted: 12 Jul 2020 09:08 AM PDT

    Debugging Godot's canvas shaders in SHADERed

    Posted: 12 Jul 2020 08:32 AM PDT

    What part of gamedev do you find most challenging?

    Posted: 12 Jul 2020 07:21 AM PDT

    I personally have been doing a lot of level design lately and I've been having a lot of challenge with it and I was wondering what parts of game development others struggle with.

    submitted by /u/I_Am_The_Sevit
    [link] [comments]

    Finding Inspiration: Tools for When You're Stuck @Lauren Cason at GDC 2018

    Posted: 12 Jul 2020 10:06 AM PDT

    Created my first character for my Megaman Battle Network inspired mobile game. What do y’all think of the Blue Samurai “Yasuke”?

    Posted: 12 Jul 2020 11:50 AM PDT

    Satisfying Particle Effects

    Posted: 12 Jul 2020 12:02 PM PDT

    What do you need to make a single player text based game (mud)

    Posted: 12 Jul 2020 12:17 PM PDT

    I want to make a single player text based fantasy rpg but I don't know where to begin. I won't need any art for this game, not even ascii drawn envoirement like dwarf fortress has. I'd like to know what programming language and engine I should use, how difficult these games are to make if I should even try as I won't have anyone helping me.

    submitted by /u/GUDIHHK
    [link] [comments]

    As a Game Dev, what are the biggest issues working with 3D assets?

    Posted: 12 Jul 2020 09:52 AM PDT

    I am a hobbiest game Developer / maker / inventor, and I'm making a new product specifically for anyone experiencing problems with creating their own 3D assets. I truely want to understand and not solicit, so if you have time, could you tell me about your experiences and pain points when making a game, especially around getting or creating 3D assets?

    submitted by /u/drewshark
    [link] [comments]

    Which app you guys using to write a screenplay for video games?

    Posted: 12 Jul 2020 12:03 PM PDT

    Hey,

    I'm trying to write a screenplay for my adventure-puzzle game. I'm using Trebly cause it's free and easy to use. What you guys using for writing story scripts?

    I also know some of the other apps for that like Final Draft, Celtx, etc.

    Final Draft is kinda expensive for me and it's not including special things for video game writing.

    Celtx is ok for video game writing but it's online so I don't wanna use that.

    It's also other things that exist like Goggle Docs or Microsoft Word but they're not specifically for the screenplay.

    submitted by /u/arkhabey
    [link] [comments]

    Finally finished my first Game Jam game! GMTK2020

    Posted: 12 Jul 2020 11:32 AM PDT

    Just released tool for making 3D animations: Minima Animator! Looking for feedback

    Posted: 12 Jul 2020 11:11 AM PDT

    Just released tool for making 3D animations: Minima Animator! Looking for feedback

    Hey Reddit!

    I just released a new animation app, Minima Animator, as an easy-to-use substitute for more expensive/complicated alternatives like Maya and Adobe Creative Suite. It's also a really powerful tool – it can export to 4K, can automatically rig character models, comes with 150+ free assets out-of-the-box, syncs projects automatically over iCloud Drive, and has a ton more features. Here are some pictures of it in action:

    Character rigging

    Example project w/ rigged character

    Space battle project

    Wild West project

    Until August 2, Minima Animator is completely free as part of the Minima Animathon contest I'm holding. If you wanna download Minima Animator, feek free to check out http://www.magmhj.com/#minimaanimator. If you're interested in participating in the contest, here's the link to the contest landing page: http://www.magmhj.com/animathon.

    Would love to hear your thoughts about this project and how to use this for game dev! I'm a one-man team, so any criticisms or suggestions are taken seriously.

    submitted by /u/SuperBearPunch
    [link] [comments]

    Just released a totally free low-poly spaceship pack, hoping someone can make something interesting with them

    Posted: 11 Jul 2020 03:49 PM PDT

    Does anyone know where or how i can make i skybox like this?

    Posted: 12 Jul 2020 06:56 AM PDT

    Can you help me finalise a name for my VR Farming game with Robots!

    Posted: 12 Jul 2020 10:33 AM PDT

    Hi guys, would love a bit of help finalizing a name for my VR farming game I have been working on for a while.

    You play as a farmer that is building his farm from the ground up having to raise animals and look after crops. However you have to defend your farm from robots.

    The game relies on the player using turrets and your own robots to automate the running of the farm.

    It would be really helpful if you could pick a name from this list and there is an option to suggest your own.

    https://forms.gle/aW1QBzcAAEpo5Qzq6

    submitted by /u/LemurHotel
    [link] [comments]

    I have an idea but don't know how to make it.

    Posted: 12 Jul 2020 09:43 AM PDT

    I tried learning C++ awhile back and made zero progress and to be honest wasn't that interested to learn it. (No offensive for those that love programming and etc.) But what are the chances of my game seeing the light of day? To be more specific its an FPS survival, open world. I know some of yall just laughed but I like to know my chances which I already assume is on the (extremely) low side. If I do have a chance what do I need to do?

    Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask. If so I'll take it down as soon as I'm told it's wrong.

    submitted by /u/SwiftOverKillJr
    [link] [comments]

    Link is in the comments :)

    Posted: 12 Jul 2020 12:31 PM PDT

    What types of maths would I need to know to get into game development?

    Posted: 12 Jul 2020 12:21 PM PDT

    I've found stuff like Algebra, Trigonometry and Calculus, is there more i should do research on?

    Just want to see if I'm cut out for it at all. Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/Throwaway2048482
    [link] [comments]

    Please Read

    Posted: 12 Jul 2020 12:18 PM PDT

    Hi Um I'm almost thinking of giving up but I want to keep going I don't want to stop but the thing is I cant to anything like literary nothing please help me like a link to a good tutorial or a course that I should do, so I can build even simple games. i want to write my own code, BTW i have been trying to find course or tutorials to game making but I just can't find one good that I can understand. Thank you So much

    submitted by /u/sky77775
    [link] [comments]

    What is your opinion on fully voiced tutorials?

    Posted: 12 Jul 2020 12:02 PM PDT

    So we are planning to have a voice acted narrator/caster in our game who will be commenting on the players actions. Is it a good idea to use the voiced narrator in the tutorial? For example having him say lines like "move by WASD" or "dash with SPACEBAR". Is it cheesy or are there any examples of successful games that use this type of narration?

    submitted by /u/Majestic_Drive703
    [link] [comments]

    I’m studying level design and i want to know more about boss and enemy encounter design

    Posted: 11 Jul 2020 07:21 PM PDT

    Hi everyone! like the title said, i'm studying level design and i wanted to expand my knowledge and focus on some things like boss encounters and enemy encounters. I would like to be able to work as an encounter designer as well as a level designer and at least be able to learn from each to make better levels :) I would like to know if you guys know any good books about enemy/boss encounter design? i'm already learning level and game design and many related things but i didnt find any book that could help me learn more about how to make a good boss fight, how to create interesting enemy encounter, whether its the enemy units you use, or the arena you want your player to fight in, etc. as someone who came from a musical background, i'm always focusing on the flow of my level and its rhythm. I always say each of my level is a song and knowing more about encounter design would greatly help me with finding more unique ways and good ways to design my levels! Sorry for any english mistakes, it ain't my first language :)

    submitted by /u/Masterwork_Core
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone remember a hypercasual dev anonymously doing a sort of AMA here? I think he paid a lot for help implementing SDKs also..

    Posted: 12 Jul 2020 11:33 AM PDT

    Does anyone remember a hypercasual dev anonymously doing a sort of AMA here? I think he paid a lot for help implementing SDKs also..

    I remember being surprised at how much he paid someone to help him implement the SDKs but I want to re-read the topic again. Its been a long time but I think it was $40,000 but that number seems way too high so maybe that is the amount he profited from his game.

    I've searched for the topic forever but I couldn't find it since he never said which game it was, which publisher he used, he also used a fresh account purely for the topic, and its been a long time but I am not sure how long.

    I am not really expecting anyone to remember it but maybe there is a 0.1% chance someone actually does...

    submitted by /u/reddituser5k
    [link] [comments]

    Como crear juego Snake Game (Culebrita) PhaserJS* JavaScript* HTML5*

    Posted: 12 Jul 2020 11:17 AM PDT

    Tabletop RPG system

    Posted: 12 Jul 2020 10:57 AM PDT

    So I've had this idea for a while now, one of the biggest reasons for getting into programming for game dev in general, but I really want to build a system for running quick TTRPG sessions.

    I've looked at Roll20 and Fantasy Grounds, and the overall consensus is that they are complicated and ultimately slow or buggy... an other option I've found interesting is Rollgate, which initially was promising but the lack of support for new players and DMs and the difficulty in finding a group made it a non option for me personally, so here I am again looking into building my own system...

    My idea so far is as follows:

    --- users can host or join games directly, like how minecraft java multiplayer works, including password protection. The host functions as the DM. --- similar to rollgate, I want the focus to be around text based chat and gameplay, I feel like REQUIRING voice chat, while traditional to TTRPGs, isn't as inclusive as I would like. --- users can create content for games their hosting on the fly in game or in a creator, where the user can create items, spells, classes, races, or any other content that would be seen in a game. A "tag" system, that tells each item how it should interact with the game world should simplify the creation process for users. --- user should be able to design custom character sheets with plug and play attributes that are found in most traditional systems.

    I'm just trying to put feelers out and see if there would be any interest in such and app. Or if something like this is even possible realistically... it will be, by far, the largest and most complex application I've ever built, but years of anticipation, passion, and learning have finally left me in a place where I feel this might be possible...

    If there is enough interest, I'd consider opening a discord and open sourcing the development, my goal is to release the app for free, as in 100% free, and simply provide a new option for people who enjoy TTRPG games, which no other digital solution I've found can offer.

    submitted by /u/tjhazmat
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment