• Breaking News

    Wednesday, July 15, 2020

    I feel bad when im not programming, but when im programming i get tired and frustrated in about an hour or two learn programming

    I feel bad when im not programming, but when im programming i get tired and frustrated in about an hour or two learn programming


    I feel bad when im not programming, but when im programming i get tired and frustrated in about an hour or two

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 06:14 AM PDT

    I feel so awful, i want to become a good programmer and start freelancing as a web developer. Im learning without any tutorials, just googling and searching for solutions. The first days of programming felt so good, but now i just feel bad for everything i do wether i am programming or not.

    submitted by /u/darkocvet
    [link] [comments]

    I'm a Computer Engineering grad student who's been struggling with depression. I was wondering if anybody had some funny coding projects that could help me get out of my slump and learn something

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 04:00 PM PDT

    Anything that could be implemented in python or java would be great

    submitted by /u/TimeIsntOnMySide
    [link] [comments]

    How to begin thinking like a programmer

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 02:52 PM PDT

    This is a great talk on how to think like a programmer, it is not really aimed at beginners but there is lot of value in this for people of all levels: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azcrPFhaY9k

    Key takeaway, focus less on the code and more on breaking your problem down into a manageable algorithm. You can google code but cannot google a problem you do not understand. Well, I guess you can but god knows where you will end up.

    submitted by /u/Gopher246
    [link] [comments]

    Are there better ways to individually test modules in your app than to just comment out everything else?

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 10:03 PM PDT

    Many times I would like to test just one part of my app because all the other modules make too much noise. So I comment out a bunch of services, and when I am done I uncomment them.

    It feels so manual and primitive. Is there a better way?

    submitted by /u/BigBootyBear
    [link] [comments]

    Learning programming by myself

    Posted: 15 Jul 2020 12:05 AM PDT

    I have started Python just a week ago. And I have started learning from one of the free websites available. Can anyone suggest me do's and don't while learning by myself. Shall I learn from the websites or take a video lessons available on different channels in youtube?

    submitted by /u/XeroMarshall23
    [link] [comments]

    How is Google docs able to modify individual text

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 07:27 PM PDT

    Like if I'm writing a paragraph in docs, I can make a specific word blue. How is this reflected in the HTML. Is there a paragraph element for each word or something

    submitted by /u/mangojuiceloverr
    [link] [comments]

    What resources should I use to relearn Python and start programming again?

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 07:23 PM PDT

    A couple years ago, I had been coding in Python every single day or so, but I had fallen out of CS and haven't done much ever since. After looking at some online resources, I have had my interested in Python resparked, so I did Codecademy Pro's 7 day free trial to get back some of my knowledge. However, the trial expired and I can't afford the $240/year price tag. What other resources do you recommend for getting more of my Python knowledge back that are free/low cost ($30 or under.)

    submitted by /u/TechnoRanter
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to automate a daily website form fill

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 09:05 PM PDT

    I'm not a programer but after some help from reddit i wrote a simple code in javascript that i intend to run on a certain website related to my work place.

    I intend to run this code every day at a specific time.

    I also have a working computer, that's connected to the internet and is on 24/7. So i need your help figuring out how to run my JavaScript code on a website's console, at a certain point in the day every day.

    Thank you for your help

    submitted by /u/timsDoubleTins
    [link] [comments]

    Codewars - Sum of Positive - not sure why this code isnt working

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 08:50 PM PDT

    SOLVED: apparently, I don't know how to follow simple directions

    Hey guys, ran into this kata about taking a list of ints and returning the sum.

    I figured this would be correct but not sure why it wouldnt work. Apparently lists with negative ints as elements aren't passing the test. For example [1,-2,3,4,5] returns 11 instead of 13. Can anyone help?

    def positive_sum(arr): # Your code here

    mySum = 0 for i in arr: mySum += i return mySum 
    submitted by /u/VidEdt611
    [link] [comments]

    [Guidance needed] How do I build an Inventory Management System using Python/JavaScript/SQL or any other recommend languages?

    Posted: 15 Jul 2020 12:17 AM PDT

    I started learning to program mostly for fun around December last year. My main focus has been Python but I also dabbled in JavaScript in SQL. I would not consider myself proficient in any of these languages but I feel confident that when pointed in the right direction I can sort out simple projects.

    Which brings me to the project at hand: I sell food and beverage products (think wines, cheeses, etc.) to a select audience in my area and have recently reached a volume that could use a more efficient tool than just a bunch of Excel sheets.

    The requirements are straightforward: make a simple interface with a few buttons with functions such as:

    • Input product information
    • Input stock movements
    • Input sales
    • Allow to generate a report, for example in excel or as a formatted txt document
    • Browser based or desktop based is both an option as in the beginning I will be the only one to use it

    Nice to haves:

    • A customer database with much the same features

    Sources such as freecodecamp.org speak of a PHP and MySQL based approach, I've heard of Django based systems (not sure how) and so on. I prefer to stick with the languages I already have some knowledge of but I eventually want to pick up something like C# anyway so if that is useful for applications such as this I'm happy to pick that up as well. Any other nudges towards the right languages, packages, and how knows - even a manual I haven't found yet would be very much appreciated!

    I am doing this out of pure interest so needing to take extra time to learn about other technologies is no problem for me at all!

    submitted by /u/barryhakker
    [link] [comments]

    Where will you build your blockchain?

    Posted: 15 Jul 2020 12:13 AM PDT

    Ever wondered what an ideal blockchain-project fit should be? How to measure the strength of an ecosystem? What are the technical metrics to consider a blockchain? We're hosting an online webinar with the Chief Scientist of Algorand, the first pure proof of stake blockchain.

    23 July, 8PM GMT+8. Join us for an open discussion! https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_KGu5uMIKQsKUd-5AvqN6hA

    submitted by /u/longhashglobal
    [link] [comments]

    How many methods are used in this piece of code?

    Posted: 15 Jul 2020 12:09 AM PDT

    Sorry dumb question since I'm new to programming but can someone tell me how many methods are in this code?

    import random

    print("Welcome to the number guessing game, try to guess the number - between 1 and 100")

    rand_num = random.randint(1, 100)

    def main(): guess = int(input("Guess: "))

    if guess == rand_num: print("Correct") if guess > rand_num: print("Guess Lower") main() if guess < rand_num: print("Guess Higher") main() 

    main()

    submitted by /u/heko99289
    [link] [comments]

    Is there an existing data structure to store things in a hierarchy-like system?

    Posted: 15 Jul 2020 12:04 AM PDT

    Is there an existing data structure, or something similar, that would allow for easy storage of data in a hierarchy? For example, if I had a list of tasks that I wanted to complete but some had to be completed before others, this data structure would store them in such a way that you could see what tasks would have to be completed before what and what tasks comes after what. Like a hierarchy of tasks. The main aspect would be that any task could have multiple prerequisites as well as being the prerequisite for multiple things.

    submitted by /u/SolemnWolf123
    [link] [comments]

    Why is Kotlin so big in front end dev (Android) but not so big in backend dev (Spring)?

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 11:57 PM PDT

    Kotlin is a must now in Android. Alot of SO answers use Kotlin in the case of Android, yet I almost never hear of kotlin used in Spring.

    I understood that Kotlin is Java without the boilerplate, which sounds awesome. Why isn't it used more in backend?

    * I know android is not technically "front end" but I call it front end in the context of kotlin since its a development of a client GUI.

    submitted by /u/BigBootyBear
    [link] [comments]

    I want to make a game using either C# or C++, what are my chances of self-teaching myself and actually becoming successful? And which language is better for me?

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 11:52 PM PDT

    I've no coding experience besides a tiny bit of HTML. I want to make my own game using c++ (unity) or c# (UE), im wondering how hard the learning curve is self-teaching it, and my chances of success doing this. Its worth noting I've spent the past week watching youtube tutorials on c++, and to my surprise its nothing even close to the difficulty I thought it would be, which has given me some confidence. The type of game I'd like to make would be something like your typical 3d FPS

    My main 2 question are, considering im already 27 years old, is it too late for me?

    And which language is more viable for someone entirely new to all of this?

    Some other questions: how important is it to know higher level math when creating a game?

    Do you know any people who self taught programming and are now making a living out of it?

    Should i go for a 2d game for my first time, is it that much easier than 3d?

    Should i give up on this dream, is it too far out of my scope? Please give it to me bluntly as I don't want to waste time.

    Thank you.

    submitted by /u/rustaholic88
    [link] [comments]

    Retrieve data sets from a website using API in c#

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 08:06 PM PDT

    Hello,

    So I am very much a beginner and have never used an API before.

    I would like to write a C# that grabs data sets from the USDA to pull from MyMarketNews API. https://mymarketnews.ams.usda.gov/mars-api/getting-started

    The link above shows how to pull with the API on excel and cURL but how would I do this if I wanted to write a c# program to pull the datasets into the code so that I can use it later? I want to be able to inject it into my SQL database after but I would like some references on how to do this part first.

    Any help/links would be appreciated!

    submitted by /u/tempUseBro1
    [link] [comments]

    What is the purpose of dependency injection?

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 12:31 PM PDT

    I am learning web development with spring boot and I am seeing the use of things like dependency injection but don't understand why. Also, does it have something to do with the decorator design pattern?


    [link] [comments]

    Can someone help me figure out why this solution is wrong?

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 11:27 PM PDT

    Here's the problem: https://leetcode.com/problems/number-of-operations-to-make-network-connected/

    The approach I thought of was figuring out how many nodes already have a path bw them, hence counting the extra cables and also keeping track of the unconnected nodes.

    Here's my code:

    visited = { i:False for i in range(n) } extra = 0 for edge in connections: if visited[edge[0]] and visited[edge[1]]: extra += 1 else: visited[edge[0]] = visited[edge[1]] = True unconnected = 0 for i in visited.keys(): if not visited[i]: unconnected += 1 print(extra) print(unconnected) if unconnected == 0: return 0 elif extra >= unconnected: return unconnected else: return -1 

    submitted by /u/Szues
    [link] [comments]

    Is this free course worth taking?

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 02:40 PM PDT

    I don't want to waste hours on it unless it has value:

    https://www.udacity.com/course/responsive-images--ud882

    submitted by /u/CantControlMyMind
    [link] [comments]

    [C++]How to concatenate char array to const char*?

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 07:29 PM PDT

    Hi,

    I got time_t type timestamp, so I want to convert it into char array with std::strftime(); and I have trouble concatenating this char array to const char* variable in order that eventually the filename should contain a timestamp with it?

    is there an easier way to put a timestamp into a const char* type file name?

    any help would be highly appreciated!

    submitted by /u/boydbuilding
    [link] [comments]

    Am outsourcing to a web development agency. How can i use this time to learn?

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 11:09 PM PDT

    Bossman wanted me to outsource some website and app development.

    Im curious how i can use this situation to learn as much as i can for my own programming progression.

    submitted by /u/DeepKaizen
    [link] [comments]

    What's the best programming course for the basics?

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 07:19 PM PDT

    I've been looking into programming and I have ZERO experience.

    I recently saw an ad for "SheCodes.io" which seems price-effective BUT could also be a huge waste of money. Do you guys have any recommendations for a coding course provider or another fast-paced workshop for beginners you'd recommend?

    submitted by /u/missjananne
    [link] [comments]

    PLEASE SOME ADVICE (LPTHW3 EX37 ), give me some python 3 code ,please help for a beginner

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 11:04 PM PDT

    in ex37 of LPTHW 3 (learn python the hard way 3) I found myself confused because Zed give a summary and definition of some keyword , Data types, String Escape Sequences , Old Style String Formats and operators.

    I know just know the basic from the book like: function , input, output , while and for statement,and if -else condition , f, format, and also impot file and just few library.

    and after that the more important Zed request to found some code to read but this the problem I don't know how get the code specific of my level of knowledge .

    for this reason I need help, please please give me some code to read it by write them or give me link of website.

    and this the part of the exercice when he asked me about read some codes :

    "" Now find some Python code to read. You should be reading any Python code you can and trying to steal ideas that you find. You actually should have enough knowledge to be able to read but maybe not understand what the code does. What this lesson teaches is how to apply things you have learned to understand other people's code ""

    please give some advice

    submitted by /u/hachemite
    [link] [comments]

    I want to work in CS as soon possible, which path should i choose ?

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 05:01 PM PDT

    I am currently learning Python, and more precisely i am mainly training on CodinGame to solves problems, and i'm very happy because i actually make them pretty well so far.

    I am still at the basics if not very basics, and i feel like the easiest way to get a job as a dev is web devloppement ? Is Python job related less easy to access for a beginner(without degree in the domain) ?

    I am clearly going to keep working on Python, and i have a huge desire to learn all sorts or things, but i really want to work in this field so i can make of this domain my whole world, it is going to make it easier to improve since i currently have a job that take me a lot of time.

    submitted by /u/Ass-tucieux
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment