• Breaking News

    Monday, June 1, 2020

    Hang in there guys! You can do it! learn programming

    Hang in there guys! You can do it! learn programming


    Hang in there guys! You can do it!

    Posted: 31 May 2020 10:19 AM PDT

    To all the programmers out there, new and old (since you can't ever stop learning, so you're new to something I guess), HANG IN THERE!

    I've seen a lot of people who are trying to learn how to code or learning a new framework or a trying to understand an algorithm and they are too quick to give up. They see someone they know or someone online who are just flawless at what they are struggling to learn and it almost seems as if it comes naturally to some people and you are not one of them.

    What you don't see is that the same people who are flawless at what you're trying to learn had been through the exact same phase you're in right now. And you know what else? They kept pushing through and kept trying until they became comfortable with whatever they tried to learn. And you can too!

    If you try once and fail at understanding something, and you start believing that it's not something you can do, you're already losing. Almost no one who knows something or has learnt something, learnt it in an hour or a day. You try, you fail and then you try again and maybe again and then you succeed. You watch tutorials, read blogs, read the documentation and then you start understanding stuff. All the people who make it seem easy had to go through all of this, and if it's easy for them now, it'll be easy for you too once you put in the effort. It's not impossible and you can do it!

    Now, sometimes, something actually happens to be difficult to understand or learn. There are levels to everything. And, it might not yet be time for you to learn something you're attempting to learn. This often happens when you're self-learning and you don't have anyone to tell you what to learn next, and you find a bunch of stuff online and try learning one. And, if you're unfortunate enough, you stumble upon something that is indeed difficult for you to understand. If you fall into such a situation, you can make a note of whatever you're trying to learn and set it aside for a while. And maybe a few days/weeks/months later, you can get back to it and try again! And if that doesn't work, try again! And you will succeed!

    The whole trick is to keep trying guys! Now go out there and learn something amazing!

    Peace.

    submitted by /u/diptangsu
    [link] [comments]

    Doing Daily Coding Challenges has help me become a better problem solver for technical interviews and got rid of my imposter syndrome.

    Posted: 31 May 2020 12:58 PM PDT

    Hey how's it going everyone. I wanted to share this playlist of my daily coding challenges and I feel like I've already grew in terms of logical problem solving. Hope someone out there finds it helpful!
    I do these in ruby for right now I am transitioning into javascript soon. Although these are beginner coding challenges, i hope to go more advance, going over FCC's challenges, to leetcode, hackerrank and such. Thanks for reading!
    If you like to redo the solutions, definitely post them in the comment section to let others check it out!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=darxkIVwaiU&list=PL3aGAluouuhPpAPP5q46bBJXhpWXhJgkY

    submitted by /u/gcthecoder
    [link] [comments]

    What non-college certifications/programs are recognized by the industry enough to get your foot in the door?

    Posted: 31 May 2020 01:50 PM PDT

    Besides having a personal portfolio of projects, what online courses or certification programs are available that aren't apart of being enrolled in a college/university, but are recognized in the field enough where it at least gets a second glance on a resume?

    I know this is broad in terms of focus within the field but I am open to all areas as well as the level of difficulty or experience it may require.

    Apologies if this has been asked but Googling brought up a lot of fluff and as someone who's outside looking in, its difficult to see whats respected at a professional level.

    Edit: I went to college for accounting/chemistry. I would like a career that someone with a computer science degree would be eligible for. Until I am enrolled online and have such a degree, I would like to be working on the right things but there are a lot of promoted programs out there.

    submitted by /u/uhfthbjk
    [link] [comments]

    Udemy Course Coupon

    Posted: 31 May 2020 11:18 PM PDT

    Hello everyone!

    I've created a Python course on Udemy that will teach beginners the fundementals of programming with Python in just 80 minutes. It will teach you enough of Python for you to be able to move on to branches like machine learning, data science, web development with django, etc.

    Here is the courses link: https://www.udemy.com/course/learn-python-in-80-minutes/?referralCode=02CCEB0AC1EC6F4B1354

    (the referral code is for me as the instructor to be fully credited with any sales)

    I have also created a coupon that when applied will make the course totally free but only for the first 10 people.

    Coupon: LEARN80

    (if the coupon is finished don't worry the course has the cheapest price tier on Udemy so you could just support me and buy it)

    One more thing, when you leave your desired rating for the course you will recieve a free Python PDF Book that will help you through out your learning process, it will also help you to learn more advanced topics with Python such as; regular expressions, networked programming, using web services, OOP programming, databases and data visualization.

    Looking forward to working with anyone who enrolls.

    submitted by /u/xemeds
    [link] [comments]

    Could someone please review my Python console program, and give me pointers on how to make it more pythonic.

    Posted: 01 Jun 2020 12:29 AM PDT

    My git hub repo of project

    Hello, a few weeks ago I wrote a simple small python script that took a few inputs and printed out a list of lists as output. It was just a one function script without much in the way of other important subjects in coding. A few days ago I took a crack at a more complex script, and through the period of three to four days I worked on a Console/terminal app where my inputs would affect a storyline being played out. And it has a few combat mechanics. Im sure its most definitely NOT pythonic. So I would love if someone gave me some concrete pointers on how to improve my coding. I am trying to make some time to continue with my lessons. But I would also like a more seasoned Programmer giving me some feedback.

    The program has two different files. One for Classes and one for the main script. It is. 460 or so lines total. Small, I think. It looks ok from my end. But im sure I still need to work a lot on my skills. Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/Lion_TheAssassin
    [link] [comments]

    I wrote a guide to those starting a software-related degree

    Posted: 31 May 2020 02:18 PM PDT

    Good evening! I wrote a guide for people who are about to, or considering studying a software-related degree at university. I thought it might be useful for someone here.

    link

    submitted by /u/Gilstroem
    [link] [comments]

    programming language to choose

    Posted: 01 Jun 2020 12:50 AM PDT

    why companies using different languages and which is most popular language to learn?

    submitted by /u/dcode-to
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for some synonyms for the term "Bumming code"

    Posted: 01 Jun 2020 12:13 AM PDT

    While reading the book "Hackers: Heroes of the computer revolution" by Steven Levy I found the term "Bumming code". This term was used back in the fifties by hackers at the MIT Tech square ninth floor. The purpose was to describe the process of making the code created in LISP smaller (less lines) in order to gain in memory space consumption. However, this term was also used by them to describe the act of making a code more efficient in terms of time execution and others resources consumption. They were trying to get the best of the computer. Do not be somehow confused with code refactoring.

    I was curious about the term and wanted to make a little research about it. However, all the searches lead me only to the book I was reading by then. Maybe the term used today for describing that process or technique is different.

    My question: ¿Is there any term today to exactly describe this technique?

    PS: If somehow my question is considered offtopic, I would quickly remove it from this subreddit.

    submitted by /u/droblo
    [link] [comments]

    I want to eventually freelance as a software engineer/developer

    Posted: 31 May 2020 11:59 PM PDT

    I'm in high school and have been taking a computer science class. I've known how to code since middle school, but haven't been to serious about, but now I really want to get into it. I know I'm not going to get a job as a high schooler, but i want to get really good so, once I'm in college I can do well in applying for internships. I was hoping maybe I could do several projects and do freelancing on like fivver over the summer to get experience. BUT Im not sure what I should search for when looking for MOOCs and books because I'm not looking for web dev or Infosec or something specific. I'm not sure what specifically I should do. I know python and java, and HTML/css.

    what should I be looking to learn to become a software engineer? What should I look for in MOOC to become a software engineer? If I start with Harvard cs50 where do I go after that?

    submitted by /u/EmptyEntertainment8
    [link] [comments]

    Machine learning

    Posted: 31 May 2020 11:51 PM PDT

    Read my blog post on "confusion matrix,precision and recall , f1-score"

    https://www.codewithmash.in/2020/05/confusion-matrix-precision-and-recall.html

    submitted by /u/codewithmash
    [link] [comments]

    code structure regarding cross-platform gui apis (wxWidgets)

    Posted: 31 May 2020 11:43 PM PDT

    hey, just recently i've made a small dll injector using wxWidgets, and it works perfectly fine and just as i had wanted. though i stuck all my code into one class, rather than splitting it into many modular classes like I usually do. with each aspect of the application requiring functions to handle events, i think i may be getting thrown off a little. what's the standard way to structure these programs? use global variables that are accessible in the functions for handling events, or maybe a static class? sorry if this is a stupid question.

    submitted by /u/PoobearBanana
    [link] [comments]

    How do I sketch out different ideas on paper? How to connect the different dots?

    Posted: 31 May 2020 11:34 PM PDT

    Hello!

    I'm a person that is now familiar and comfortable with many ideas in Computer Science - Operating Systems, programming, solving problems logically, thinking about ideas mathematically, thinking about databases, thinking about networking details ( just a bit ), thinking about web development, all that sort of stuff.
    But I've started to realize how much of current knowledge is dispersed. I know a lot, but I can't connect them together to form something useful for an average day user. Sure, there are ideas out there like todo apps, chatbots etc, but I want to think creatively about technology now, I want to sketch out ideas and play around with my concepts and see how I can do different things using different sets of technologies - not in the sense that I should code them all out, but instead that I can design architectures and structure my workflow, designing pipelines, start to think for myself about how software like Instagram, WhatsApp, or Facebook are built.

    The problem is that I often have ideas, but I just don't know how to make rough prototype sketches of that idea. Like, how I draw a structural representation of my projects? I don't even know where to start from. How many parts should I do this thing, and what should I make it for? Can I reduce and `optimize` my designs? I waste a lot of time thinking about how the architecture and structure should be. Like, how do I do a full stack system design? Is there some formal practice or a set of ideas I can begin with?

    Does anyone relate with these kind of mental problems? Would like to know your thoughts on it. Thank you.

    submitted by /u/Are_We_There_Yet256
    [link] [comments]

    Everything you need to know to program an audio meet app like clubhouse?

    Posted: 31 May 2020 11:11 PM PDT

    If I want to build an audio only meet app like house party. What are some key informations I should look up? Please recommend any microservices, APIs, cloud services, SDKs, and CDNs. Thank you!

    submitted by /u/Jpark9061
    [link] [comments]

    Help for a ludo game ( JS )

    Posted: 31 May 2020 10:52 PM PDT

    I am learning to HTML and as a learning project I making a Ludo game in JS and needed a way to make the player pieces move. Any ideas ?

    submitted by /u/BigVoi
    [link] [comments]

    Learncpp.com

    Posted: 31 May 2020 06:59 PM PDT

    So i want to learn code for free. Is learncpp.com and good place to start from?

    submitted by /u/itsuhangel
    [link] [comments]

    Best C++ Learning Resources?

    Posted: 31 May 2020 04:42 PM PDT

    Does anyone know of any good C++ tutorials? I'm experienced in java so I was wondering if there were any tutorials for not complete beginners. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Fr0st__Byte
    [link] [comments]

    An edtech platform I've been working on - would love to know what you think as learners.

    Posted: 31 May 2020 10:22 PM PDT

    What do you guys think? I would love some feedback on this. I'm still developing and prototyping many different ideas but I need to start thinking about life outside of the software.

    https://github.com/Sheilf/ROBE I'm working on this that is largely inspired by the Khan Academy system over the years.

    submitted by /u/codingprofessor
    [link] [comments]

    What should I call this? I hope that it is not off topic here

    Posted: 31 May 2020 10:11 PM PDT

    I earned the IBM data science professional certificate. Now I want to put it into my email signature. How should I call it? It looks odd to put "IBM data science professional certificate".

    submitted by /u/superhero_io
    [link] [comments]

    Installing node.js for sass or is the vscode sass extension ok?

    Posted: 31 May 2020 10:06 PM PDT

    I'm going through the Advanced CSS and Sass course on udemy and they're saying to "just install node.js, don't worry about it, I already have it installed" but I don't want a bunch of extra stuff I don't need. It seems like overkill when I can just use the vscode live sass compiler extension. Plus I saw a post about node.js not being good on windows so I'm a lil sketched on that.

    I don't wanna miss out learning anything that'll be helpful tho, so do y'all recommend installing it or waiting until I have a better use for it?

    submitted by /u/Wabaareo
    [link] [comments]

    C++ can't get SQLite working

    Posted: 31 May 2020 10:03 PM PDT

    I'm working on a project and thought it would be a good time to teach myself to use SQLite and integrate it with the project.

    I installed SQLite, added it to PATH, and now I'm stuck. I can get SQLite running from anywhere via command prompt, but I can't seem to include it in anything.

    In just a simple hello world program #include <iostream> #include <sqlite3.h>

    using namespace std; int main() { cout << "Hello World!" << endl; return 0; } 

    I get a compiler error "sqlite3.h: No such file or directory." Obviously I'm missing some steps to including it, but I can't seem to find out what they are.

    Running QT Creator on Windows 10.

    submitted by /u/Maxerature
    [link] [comments]

    How can I share my website's source files without leaking the API Keys?

    Posted: 31 May 2020 09:48 PM PDT

    Hey, guys just finished my first decently sized project and it's a coronavirus tracker! How can I share it with you guys without leaking the api-key?

    submitted by /u/throwawayobviousss
    [link] [comments]

    Hack Reactor/Galvanize prerequisites?

    Posted: 31 May 2020 09:48 PM PDT

    I have read that there are supposedly some Galvanize staff here on Reddit. I was curious what are the recommended pre-reqs for students considering Galvanize? By that I mean what should one know before even thinking about applying to Galvanize? (ie read this book, be able to complete this project, etc.)

    Personally, I've read Duckett's HTML/CSS book and I am halfway through his JavaScript book. I haven't done any projects yet outside of a few things in Python from a short Python course. I'm thinking of doing the Pre-prep course also.

    The campus I'm considering is the SF campus. Are classes still being offered remotely because of coronavirus? Thank you.

    submitted by /u/Star_Skies
    [link] [comments]

    My first blog on problem solving. Check it out ��

    Posted: 31 May 2020 09:37 PM PDT

    Guys, check out my first blog. Might learn something new. Suggestions and feedbacks are needed. Happy coding 😁

    https://algopost.blogspot.com/?m=1

    submitted by /u/Amen001
    [link] [comments]

    What courses to take after cs50?

    Posted: 31 May 2020 05:46 PM PDT

    Hey everyone. I saw that someone made this very question three years ago, but I was wondering if there are better courses nowadays than the ones recommended back then. I looked up and saw that many courses, while quite good, don't grade assignments as cs50 does. So do you have any recommendation of courses to take after cs50 - notably courses that have grade assignments?

    submitted by /u/vininalm
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment