• Breaking News

    Wednesday, April 1, 2020

    For the next 45 days, all OCI certifications and Oracle Autonomous Database certifications can be taken for free by anyone learn programming

    For the next 45 days, all OCI certifications and Oracle Autonomous Database certifications can be taken for free by anyone learn programming


    For the next 45 days, all OCI certifications and Oracle Autonomous Database certifications can be taken for free by anyone

    Posted: 31 Mar 2020 07:50 AM PDT

    Oracle is offering free access to online learning content and certifications for a broad array of users for Oracle Cloud Infrastructure and Oracle Autonomous Database. This program kicks off on Monday, March 30, 2020, and will be available until May 15, 2020.

    https://www.oracle.com/corporate/blog/free-certifications-oracle-oci-autonomous-033020.html

    submitted by /u/oculusshift
    [link] [comments]

    Free Udemy ethical hacking course

    Posted: 31 Mar 2020 11:47 PM PDT

    The maker of this course is offering it for free contingent on you, one day, paying it back. You obviously don't have to donate but your support to the aforementioned charities (in the post) would be appreciated. Good luck and stay safe.

    submitted by /u/hba1cmemes
    [link] [comments]

    1:1 iOS online tutoring --- Swift/Objective-C Tutoring

    Posted: 31 Mar 2020 08:51 AM PDT

    Hi,

    I'm working as a professional iOS Developer in Germany for almost 8 years now both with Objective-C and Swift. Since I am unable to work fulltime due to chronic pain, I do have a lot of spare time on my hands (even more now thanks to Corona) which I would like to spend doing something more rewarding than watching TV all day, i. e. teaching some of you folks how to build great apps.

    This being or rather becoming a hobby of mine it won't cost anything. There are however a few requirements:

    - I will not tutor any business - only private students. However, no prior experience is required - only a somewhat sharp mind and willingness to learn.

    - Since I don't have a course or anything similar to teach, you should have an idea of what you want to learn (a tutorial we can work through for example), a started app or an idea of an app you want to build. I can help you choose sth as well ;-)

    - You should be fluent in either English or German. :-)

    - Your internet connection should be fast enough to share your workspace so that I can help you with your development.

    - Due to lag not becoming an issue you should live inside of Europe. Though I am willing to try some east coast U.S. connections. I haven't done overseas video conferencing so I can't tell if this would work.

    I hope this kind of posting is allowed here, not frowned upon and there are some kind people I can be of help with this offer. I had to repost it because it was automatically marked as spam :-(((

    submitted by /u/NinjaCookieMonster
    [link] [comments]

    What programming paradigm do you use at work? (OOP, functional, etc.)

    Posted: 31 Mar 2020 05:25 PM PDT

    I put some of my OOP JavaScript through a code review on another website, and one of the reviewers recommend that I rewrite it in a functional style.

    What is the current "popular/best" programming paradigm? What paradigm do you use at work on your work projects? It took me a long time to be comfortable with OOP, is it worth it to learn functional now?

    submitted by /u/AdmiralAdama99
    [link] [comments]

    Total noob taking python class

    Posted: 31 Mar 2020 08:47 PM PDT

    Hi

    I have never done programming before and decided to take python class. I work with data in my field and want to use python to visualize our data we use.

    Are there any resources that you would advise me to look into as I go through this class? Maybe to get a good foundation for python so I can follow along in the class easily?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Raptors9211
    [link] [comments]

    Any computer engineering students now working as web developers ?

    Posted: 31 Mar 2020 10:37 PM PDT

    How was your experience with it ? Did the degree make it easier for you to get jobs ? How good were you at it before landing your first job ?

    Also what do you do more of build websites or web apps ?

    submitted by /u/stfuandkissmyturtle
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone willing to be a C# partner to learn with?

    Posted: 31 Mar 2020 03:02 PM PDT

    Not sure if this is the place, but I was curious if anyone was interested in being a C# learning partner, I have done a few tutorials with lot of online resources. But feel like I am still lost and could use some guidance in the shape of a person to help explain things on a dumber level for me.

    I tend to learn best when someone is also learning and we can compare notes and possibly walk through some of the code writing.

    Any help would be appreciated.

    Maybe a discord channel or possibly something of that sort where we can communicate on a daily basis and go over what we're trying to learn or something of that sort? I am more than happy to create a discord channel with just beginning C# users so we can all help each other out.

    submitted by /u/FTPMystery
    [link] [comments]

    Odin Project but for Ethical Hacking?

    Posted: 31 Mar 2020 06:16 PM PDT

    I was wondering if there was a compiled instrument for learning, such like the Odin Project for webdev, to make the journey to CEH a little more streamlined? Any suggestions of the sort or related paths to take (language 1, 2, 3, etc.)

    submitted by /u/dandrambus
    [link] [comments]

    How do I figure out programming/ coding is not for me?

    Posted: 31 Mar 2020 06:00 PM PDT

    I literally took more than an hour or so to write a simple program on printing unique characters from a string in java. It made me wonder whether I can really be good at coding someday or will I always be like this. Will daily practice and experience eventually make me better at this? I just feel like quitting because I take so much time to solve questions. How do I figure it out whether I'll be ever good at this or not? Or should I keep going and one day I'll be good ?

    submitted by /u/golu1337
    [link] [comments]

    People say that programming is all about problem solving and working through something to find a solution. How do I know if **I'm** a problem solver and would be good at programming

    Posted: 31 Mar 2020 07:31 PM PDT

    I've never really done any programming or scripting ever before. But all the articles and posts I read about getting started with coding all mention the necessary skill of problem solving. And quite a few of them say something along the lines of "If you're not good at solving puzzles, coding probably isn't for you", and I hate that. I hate being told "Well, if you don't have the natural ability, you probably shouldn't pursue it.

    submitted by /u/incubateshovels
    [link] [comments]

    Any python student/learner/beginner that wants to learn python with me?

    Posted: 01 Apr 2020 12:33 AM PDT

    Learning to program can be quite lonely and having a partner or a group would certainly be beneficial and more fun. I have done most of the basics so I am not a complete beginner and I am familiar with programming in general. I completed Automate the boring stuff with python(on udemy) and some other courses recently. I am also angling towards machine learning or artificial intelligence in general and I would really like if someone with similar interests wants to join me.

    submitted by /u/Nanogines
    [link] [comments]

    How to check if program successfully bundled all libraries with static compilation?

    Posted: 31 Mar 2020 08:40 PM PDT

    Hi all

    I have this weird problem of not being able to put together static libraries properly sometimes. When I'm on my Mac and install the libraries via homebrew - if I end up writing a program that uses these libraries and then compiling them, sometimes I end up not statically linking them and I'm not sure how to test that without having to give my programs to other people and having them try it out on their machines.

    Basically idk how to test if it only "works on my machine" or of it works for others too. I only have this one Mac laptop, and I can boot up other machines on AWS but they would just be linux systems, so the binaries wouldn't work right.

    Is there a way to check if all my shits bundled together properly before I send it to friends? Like some kind of sandbox mode that doesn't rely/allow dynamically linked libraries?

    Languages I'm currently using that have run into this issue are racket, chicken scheme, python, and a few others.

    submitted by /u/barrontrump2052
    [link] [comments]

    What programming language or other advice for project data in a windows environment

    Posted: 31 Mar 2020 08:32 PM PDT

    [edit - I have read the FAQ, and don't believe the below is specifically covered, but let me know if i'm wrong and sorry]

    So what i'd like to do is link a database to a GUI that people can easily add information into the database. The next step is to get that information and populate it into Microsoft office documents such as word, excel, powerpoint etc. And create folder structures within Windows (or the cloud, but not too sure about that at the moment because I can't seem to find anything with large enough business storage).

    At the moment I am just using VBA within excel and word to pull the data from the database and also VBA to create the folder structures. To enter the data, this is just done within the database itself (we are using airtable, although previously I used mySQL and had the data entered in via a userform and VBA.) The problem with the VBA is that if you can access the code, you can find the API key and password. Is there anyway you can hide this like you can with frontend/backend type arrangements?

    It's all a little clunky and I would like to make it nicer. I've dabbled in javascript and this would be OK with the database entry side of things and I think word/excel now allows javascript add-ins to be created. But I don't think it works to create folder directories within Windows.

    So having said all that. What do people think would be the most suitable combo of software to achieve the above in a clean fashion? C#? I really only know VBA, Javascript, HTML, CSS and did a little bit of C+ and machine language for a certain microcontroller at uni. But am happy to learn anything and with the Covid-19 lock down I may have a bit of spare time on my hands.

    Probably a bit rambly, but any help or follow up questions much appreciated!

    submitted by /u/mystiquesbs
    [link] [comments]

    "Hello World"

    Posted: 31 Mar 2020 08:19 PM PDT

    I want to print my first program to print "hello world" and as well say it with a sound...

    Can we use multiple output (both text and sound) simultaneously and if so How will I be able to do it...

    I'm figuring it out in CPP... Please help me

    submitted by /u/resups
    [link] [comments]

    Problem after implementing BFS of graph?

    Posted: 31 Mar 2020 11:26 PM PDT

    Recently i have learned Breath first search of graph which is quite easy to understand,I am stuck after implementing BFS of graph my program is not capable for generating BFS of all graphs.

    Actually what is want to say will become more understandable after seeing example below.

    Bellow is the function which is printing BFS of graph

     void BFSgraph(int s,int v,list<int> adj[]) { bool visited[v]; for(int i=0;i<v;i++) visited[i]=false; list<int> queue; visited[s]=true; queue.push_back(s); list<int> :: iterator i; while(!queue.empty()) { s=queue.front(); cout<<s<<" "; queue.pop_front(); for(i=adj[s].begin();i!=adj[s].end();i++) { if(!visited[*i]) { visited[*i]=true; queue.push_back(*i); } } } } 

    this program is producing wrong output for bellow inputs:

     int main() { int V=4; list<int> adj[V]; insert(adj,0,1); insert(adj,0,2); insert(adj,1,2); insert(adj,2,0); insert(adj,2,3); insert(adj,3,3); printGraph(adj,V); cout<<endl; BFSgraph(0,V,adj); return 0; } 

    I have learned we can take any vertex as an starting point of BFS.

    ****Note:****Is there any rules like which algorithm will be chosen for which graph.

    submitted by /u/atharva153
    [link] [comments]

    Accounting => Software Development - Have any of you made the transition?

    Posted: 31 Mar 2020 08:37 AM PDT

    I'm about to graduate with a bachelor's degree in accounting and will be working for a tax firm quite soon. I'm actually excited about being a "professional" after years of studying/schooling, but I cannot help but fantasize about learning software development so that I can contribute to the field of accounting in a bigger way.

    I would like to merge both careers, essentially programming/maintaining software that helps accounting firms manage their work.

    I've coded in the past (minimally albeit) and am certain that I love coding.

    I'm looking to join an online institute to teach myself on the side. So I'll be super busy working throughout the week and taking any extra time to balance between family, rest, and learning to code.

    Have any of you transitioned into an SD role that was accountants? How did that transition go? I'm not necessarily trying to totally get out of accounting, I'm just trying to add on another skill-set and use it to further push/develop the field of accounting in any way possible.

    If I work for a big four firm or any firm for that matter, I'd like to help bridge the gap between software and accounting/GAAP needs.

    Your thoughts/advice/wisdom is welcome!

    submitted by /u/Mystik-Palace
    [link] [comments]

    So Functional vs Traditional OOP

    Posted: 31 Mar 2020 11:05 PM PDT

    So, I am trying to make a curriculum for me to stick with it. Should I learn OOP (Java, C++, C#, etc..?) and then move on learning functional (e.g. Go, Elixir, Rust, etc..?). Or lean functional? I am not sure entirely, what I want to do just yet; since I been mainly brushing up my skills, in order to get a job into web field and hopefully progress more towards cloud / devops or backend.

    Background: I am self-taught developer, who is trying to learn more the theoretical aspects of Computer Science. Such as data structures, algorithms, and new methodologies along the way.

    Languages that I am currently comfortable working with: Java, PHP, Javascript and Python. Whenever I am working with Java, I tend to have difficulties in understanding the basic concepts such as interfaces, polymorphism, and other crucial design patterns.

    submitted by /u/unknownnature
    [link] [comments]

    Do you need .NET installed in order to run a C# binary?

    Posted: 31 Mar 2020 10:10 PM PDT

    Say I've just built some C# code into an exe. Would another machine require the .NET framework to be installed to run it?

    submitted by /u/lost_packet_
    [link] [comments]

    Can i post the projects i did from freecodecamp on my portfolios?

    Posted: 31 Mar 2020 10:03 PM PDT

    Currently doing the freecodecamp web development and i did some projects given there( tribute page, survey form, product landing page). I was thinking of creating a "portfolio" section in my personal website and adding them.

    Can i? Or is there gonna be any copyright/plagarism issue?

    submitted by /u/Hawkeyeye
    [link] [comments]

    Need some fun coding challenges to keep me busy, but I also like it when they are thoroughly explained.

    Posted: 31 Mar 2020 02:30 PM PDT

    Anyone know of any resources that use typical questions used in software technical interviews? Mostly interested in Python and C++.

    submitted by /u/BravaJava9
    [link] [comments]

    What are some myths beginners believe about learning programming?

    Posted: 31 Mar 2020 09:49 PM PDT

    What are some myths about programming beginners believe in which hurts their progress?

    submitted by /u/Fakewhiteghost
    [link] [comments]

    What is the best book/ free course to learn Object Oriented Programming for python?

    Posted: 31 Mar 2020 05:59 PM PDT

    I have never touched the self part about functions and I always defined it as 0, I really need to figure out what this is for, and get better

    submitted by /u/OpticWarrior
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment