• Breaking News

    Tuesday, February 4, 2020

    The Missing Semester of Your CS Education (MIT course) learn programming

    The Missing Semester of Your CS Education (MIT course) learn programming


    The Missing Semester of Your CS Education (MIT course)

    Posted: 03 Feb 2020 09:25 AM PST

    Over the years, we (/u/anishathalye, /u/josejg, and /u/jonhoo) have helped teach several classes at MIT, and over and over we have seen that many students have limited knowledge of the tools available to them. Computers were built to automate manual tasks, yet students often perform repetitive tasks by hand or fail to take full advantage of powerful tools such as version control and text editors. Common examples include holding the down arrow key for 30 seconds to scroll to the bottom of a large file in Vim, or using the nuclear approach to fix a Git repository (https://xkcd.com/1597/).

    At least at MIT, these topics are not taught as part of the university curriculum: students are never shown how to use these tools, or at least not how to use them efficiently, and thus waste time and effort on tasks that should be simple. The standard CS curriculum is missing critical topics about the computing ecosystem that could make students' lives significantly easier.

    To help mitigate this, we ran a short lecture series during MIT's Independent Activities Period (IAP) that covered all the topics we consider crucial to be an effective computer scientist and programmer. We've published lecture notes and videos in the hopes that people outside MIT find these resources useful. The course website is https://missing.csail.mit.edu

    To offer a bit of historical perspective on the class: we taught this class for the first time last year, when we called it "Hacker Tools" (there was some great discussion about last year's class here: link). We found the feedback from here and elsewhere incredibly helpful. Taking that into account, we changed the lecture topics a bit, spent more lecture time on some of the core topics, wrote better exercises, and recorded high-quality lecture videos using a fancy lecture capture system (and this hacky DSL for editing multi-track lecture videos, which we thought some of you would find amusing: https://github.com/missing-semester/videos).

    We'd love to hear any insights or feedback you may have, so that we can run an even better class next year!

    --Anish, Jose, and Jon

    submitted by /u/josejg
    [link] [comments]

    Bootcamp grads and self-learners who are searching for (or have just landed) jobs...mind if I ask a couple of questions?

    Posted: 03 Feb 2020 04:24 PM PST

    Hello everyone! Currently considering joining a bootcamp, more specifically App Academy. I come from a non-tech business background. And I had a few friends who have had great experiences with coding bootcamps in general. I have also had some that were not so lucky and when back to their old jobs while they've been passively applying for months now (which scare me, tbh!). There's also the self-learning path that I've heard some folks do well in, but I definitely think I may need the structure and accountability that the bootcamp will provide.

    I definitely know those that go above and beyond are more likely to get a job it seems, and that junior dev roles are tough to get in a saturated market, but would love your insights in the job hunt!

    Would love to be prepared before I make the plunge!

    • What are the biggest pain points with finding a job for you rn?

    • Are you applying for internships, full-time jobs, or both?

    • What phase in the job hunting process is the most difficult?

    • Do you feel like your have adequate projects in your portfolio?

    • What resources would help you in your search, or what would you say is the most underutilized resource?

    submitted by /u/bananadiana
    [link] [comments]

    I honestly don't know how to start

    Posted: 04 Feb 2020 12:13 AM PST

    Well the title probably says it, I always wanted to start programming but couldn't do much because my parents didn't allowed me a computer for a long time. Since I'm on my own now, I recently built my first pc but now I just don't know where to start. Do you know a good program where I can take the first steps and which languages do you recommend for starters ?

    submitted by /u/justneedhelp1099
    [link] [comments]

    For years I've been seeing job posting put an emphasis on communication skills...

    Posted: 03 Feb 2020 05:16 PM PST

    .... now after working at a company for several months, I can see why. Seriously, working with someone who can't communicate is extremely frustrating. No matter how good of a developer you are, your communication skills will affect your ability to get a job, your pay, your chances for promotions, etc.

    If you struggle communicating, I HIGHLY recommend you address that sooner rather than later.

    Also, understand what people mean by communication: explaining issues you're having, addressing the concerns of others, helping others with their code, humbleness, mannerisms. And beyond that, knowing how to respond when someone asks you, "How are you?" People like working with other people they like.

    Stand out form a crowd, learn to communicate.

    submitted by /u/noilddude
    [link] [comments]

    Is it unusual to see a function within an object that is not a property of the object? In JS

    Posted: 03 Feb 2020 08:06 PM PST

    Ex.

    var John = { lastName: "Bud" age: 100, weight: 180, calcAge: function() { var num = 65 - age; console.log(num) } function innerFunction() { console.log(this) } } 

    Why would someone do this?

    Thank you

    submitted by /u/Schopenhaur1859
    [link] [comments]

    Python module in Java

    Posted: 03 Feb 2020 09:28 PM PST

    Hi... I was wondering if I can import a python module into Java code to access the functions in the module

    submitted by /u/programer111
    [link] [comments]

    Ways to learn to code

    Posted: 03 Feb 2020 07:05 PM PST

    So, hypothetically, say someone wanted to learn how to code, may be thinking of a drastic career change, and specifically was interested in AI. Said hypothetical person may have once been a Computer Science Major before flunking our after Data Structures and Algebra II and so took the easy route in life and went to Law School instead.

    What materials may be good for this kind of person? Books, videos, etc.

    submitted by /u/Elkton97
    [link] [comments]

    Extract multipart rar, deleting parts as they are extracted

    Posted: 03 Feb 2020 08:46 PM PST

    Hi, how can I use this on rar with password? I know the password is

    https://superuser.com/a/1031807/1136215

    submitted by /u/HeisenbergScofiled
    [link] [comments]

    Help with importing statistics table into a google sheet

    Posted: 04 Feb 2020 12:31 AM PST

    Hello, I am trying to import the statistics from this: https://lolalytics.com/lol/tierlist/?tier=gold&region=na site, but I can't seem to find the table to import it via the html method, nor can I find out what it is by searching for "table" on the page source. If someone has a clear method to help me with this or at least a starting point that would be very helpful, I reviewed some youtube videos and I'm continuing to do so in the meantime, but I'm coming up short.

    submitted by /u/ImWolfman
    [link] [comments]

    How would you approach this project? Upload .docx via website, count words of .docx, display word-count to user.

    Posted: 04 Feb 2020 12:05 AM PST

    Hi. I am a beginner developer. I have been trying to create the above-mentioned website as a beginner project. So far I have successfully been able to use python code to count the words of a .docx. However, I'm quite lost with the rest of the project.

    1. How can I create a website that allows a user to upload a .docx file?
    2. How can I automatically count the words of the .docx using python and then return the number to the user?

    I'd really appreciate any help or links to relevant resources. Thanks for your time.

    Here is an example website: https://docwordcounter.com/en/

    submitted by /u/crunchy_sunscreen
    [link] [comments]

    [c#] Migration from SQlite to Postgresql

    Posted: 03 Feb 2020 11:53 PM PST

    is there any way to migrate the SQlite to postgresql using C# other than manually loading the sqlite and then save it to Postgresql

    A follow up question, in my sqlite3, my text is saving up as a BLOB TEXT and when I am trying to save that BLOB TEXT to the POSTGRESQL TEXT it shows up an error Npgsql.PostgresException (0x80004005): 22021: invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8": 0x00 any information on how to solve this?

    submitted by /u/rawrier
    [link] [comments]

    Web Development IDE?

    Posted: 03 Feb 2020 11:48 PM PST

    New to web dev and have only learnt the basics of HTML. I'm curious to know where I would write the code for a website. Do you get IDE's like you do when coding with other languages?

    submitted by /u/bolgz
    [link] [comments]

    Why do "for" and "while" Nested Loops differ when doing this type of challenge? (C Language)

    Posted: 03 Feb 2020 07:47 PM PST

    So my challenge is this: Print numbers 0, 1, 2, ..., userNum as shown, with each number indented by that number of spaces. For each printed line, print the leading spaces, then the number, and then a newline. Hint: Use i and j as loop variables (initialize i and j explicitly). Note: Avoid any other spaces like spaces after the printed number. Ex: userNum = 3 prints: 0 1 2 3

    At first, I was doing a while nested loop. Like this:

    #include <stdio.h> int main(void) { int userNum; int i; int j; userNum = 3; i = 0; j = 0; while (i <= userNum) { while (j < i) { printf(" "); j++; } printf("%d\n", i); i++; } /* Your solution goes here */ return 0; } 

    and I was not getting the desired outcome. But once I switched to a for nested loop. Like this:

    #include <stdio.h> int main(void) { int userNum; int i; int j; userNum = 3; for (i = 0; i <= userNum; ++i) { for (j = 0; j < i; ++j) { printf(" "); } printf("%d\n", i); } /* Your solution goes here */ return 0; } 

    I got what I desired. Why is the for nested loop better than the while nested loop? Also, is there a way to make the while nested loop work? if so, how?

    P.S: Can you also please explain as to why we don't make j be less than userNum? Thanks

    submitted by /u/LeeeeeroyPhishkins
    [link] [comments]

    Finding a programming partner

    Posted: 03 Feb 2020 10:20 PM PST

    Where is a place that I could find someone to learn programming alongside or with?

    submitted by /u/Christianp0662
    [link] [comments]

    How to read technical books and articles?

    Posted: 03 Feb 2020 06:24 PM PST

    Hello everyone, I've worked in IT for ~3 years, I did some QA and technical training stuff, currently I explore the cyber security field.

    I am very keen on developing my IT-related skills, so in order to keep learning, every month or two I buy a new book or e-book and almost everyday I read them.

    So what is the problem? I would like to learn more from this books, and remember more. Incorporating this new knowledge is hard for me and it feels like I read the book, and then in few days I forget everything I've learned. The other problem is that it's definitely harder to follow technical book, than, for example some prose with the storyline.

    Do you have some tips/approaches on dealing with that problems?

    submitted by /u/__kmpl__
    [link] [comments]

    CS50 less Mario in C help for a beginner

    Posted: 03 Feb 2020 12:09 PM PST

    1. What is the problem?
      1. What is your code supposed to do? Print a right aligned pyramid of #'s based on the height the user inputs. (Each line going down has 1 less # and the bottom line is the same number as the height the user input.)
      2. What is your code doing instead? I cannot seem to get a for loop to get multiple spaces in each line before the #. I have tried playing with the order of the printf's, the boolean expression in the for loop. I cannot get more than once space on either side of the hash.
      3. What inputs, if any, cause the problem? I am doing this right, the only input accepted is a height between 1 and 8.
      4. Is there an error message of some kind? If so, include it. No.
    2. What have you tried?
      1. What have you already tried to debug your own problem? Where do you suspect the problem is? What uncertainties do you have? I know one of my for loops has to be messed up. I am very confident the top part is right. I can explain it in words but can't put it in C.
      2. What precisely are you confused by? I know it works like this. For the height the user inputs, there needs to be a certain number of spaces followed by a certain number of hashes. Then a new line. I cannot get a space loop going so I only get one. I can get a left aligned pyramid, so I must be doing something right with the hash loop.
      3. Have you tried googling for answers? If so, what search queries have you tried? What pages have you read? What do you find confusing about them? I have found that nested for loops are the answer for this. I tried to avoid specifics because I want to learn not be given the answer. I can explain the for loop (initialization, boolean expr, increment or decrement), but I cannot seem to put it into practice at all.

    I have no idea what to do I've been at it almost 10 hours now and cannot figure it out. I am not going to give up but I am very lost and want to understand what I'm doing wrong, and when I get my answer, understand why it works and be able to explain it. If you took the time to read this all thank you.

    Code:

    #include <stdio.h>
    #include <cs50.h>
    int main(void)
    {
    int i;
    //rows are height
    do
    {
    i = get_int("Height:");
    }
    while (i < 0 || i > 9);
    //making the rows
    for (int j = 0; j < i; j++)
    {
    printf(" ");
    for (int k = 0; k < 9; k++)
    {
    printf("#");
    }
    // this gets the spaces we need before the hash to right align
    printf("\n");
    }
    }

    submitted by /u/invaderjim96
    [link] [comments]

    What do you do if you need to change a git commit, 2 commits back?

    Posted: 03 Feb 2020 09:27 PM PST

    But leave the last commit unaltered.

    submitted by /u/libertadefr
    [link] [comments]

    Would a computer programming college diploma help get my foot in the door? (Canada)

    Posted: 03 Feb 2020 05:21 PM PST

    Programmers, especially of Canada, I need your advice!

    So I am originally from the United States but moved up to Canada about three years ago to be with my partner who is Canadian. I was a single class away from graduating with a BA in graphic design when was in the states before I had to move, and my work experience has been primarily customer service, administrative, or data entry focused all my life.

    Needless to say, I'm ready to make a change. I am interested in going back to school full time, and recently I've been eyeing a college course in computer programming that would offer me a college diploma upon completion. I'm very interested in programming in general as I've self-taught myself front-end and am pretty good at it, but I want to expand my knowledge and I'm finding that working full time and my family duties outside of work isn't affording me much time to teach myself programming, thus me wanting to go back to school.

    Due to various circumstances, I don't think a CS degree is in the cards for me right now or anytime soon, but I'm concerned that a programming college diploma won't offer me much in the way of opportunities doing programming jobs in Canada (I live in Ontario specifically.) I'm concerned it may be a waste of money, though the course seems to get good reviews overall.

    Anyone have any insight on the market for graduates with a college diploma in computer programming?

    submitted by /u/Scaryb0u
    [link] [comments]

    How can I get better with loops (C language)?

    Posted: 03 Feb 2020 09:02 PM PST

    So I have a background with cpp but C is kinda different. I know some of you guys are going to say "practice, practice, practice!" but man, what I really don't understand are nested loops. I'm probably jumping the gun, since I've only read the book section on loops and not watched my professor's lecture, and I feel kind of lost. I really want to get an above average grade on this class, since i got a C letter grade on cpp. Anyways, I'm probably just venting now. Thanks for your help.

    submitted by /u/LeeeeeroyPhishkins
    [link] [comments]

    Java: Need help making there be more cycles/iterations done and have a counter.

    Posted: 03 Feb 2020 08:54 PM PST

    Here's my problem:

    Write a Java program to simulate an ecosystem containing two types of creatures, bears and fish. The ecosystem consists of a river, which is modeled as a relatively large array (i.e. 500 cells). Each cell of the array should contain an Animal object, which can be a bear, a fish, or null. Initialize the array to randomly contain these three types. In each time step, based on a random process, each bear/fish either attempts to move into an adjacent array cell or stay where it is. If two animals of the same type are about to collide in the same cell, then they stay where they are, but they create a new instance of that type of animal, which is placed in an empty (i.e. previously null) cell in the array. If a bear and a fish collide, then the fish dies (i.e., it disappears). Provide summary information on the array after each time step (time step number and how many bears, fish, and null). Run the simulation until the ecosystem contains all bears.

    Here is my code:

    import java.util.Random; public class MainClass { public static void main(String[] args) { EcoSystem e = new EcoSystem( 15, 50 ); int count = 0, x = 0, n = 0; for( int i = 0;i < 10;i++ ) { e.step(); e.printer(); } } public static class Animal { public String Char() { return "~"; } } public static class Fish extends Animal { public String Char() { return "F"; } } public static class Bear extends Animal { public String Char() { return "B"; } } public static class EcoSystem { private Animal[][] river; private int numberRows; private int numberColumns; EcoSystem( int rows, int columns ) { numberRows = rows; numberColumns = columns; Population(); } /** * Function prints a console representation of the EcoSys.EcoSystem using the * Animals symbol() method. null Animals are represented with a '~' */ public void printer() { for( int i = 0;i < numberRows;i++) { for( int m = 0;m < numberColumns;m++ ) { if( river[i][m] == null ) System.out.print( "~" ); else System.out.print( river[i][m].Char()); } System.out.println(); } System.out.println(); } /** * Function represents a step in the EcoSys.EcoSystem. It cycles through the * array and moves animals one at a time. This is not a time step. If an * EcoSys.Animal moves into a null cell, the EcoSys.Animal moves. If a Bear and Fish * encounter each other, the Fish is eaten. If two animals of the same * type encounter one another, they breed and populate an empty(null) cell. */ public void step() { Random randomizer = new Random(); int row, column; int decreaser; int secondDecrease ; for( int i = 0;i < numberRows;i++) { for( int m = 0;m < numberColumns;m++ ) { decreaser = randomizer.nextInt( 3 ); secondDecrease = randomizer.nextInt( 3 ); if( decreaser == 2 ) decreaser = -1; if( secondDecrease == 2 ) secondDecrease = -1; //if out of bounds, just leave them at 0,0 if( i + secondDecrease < 0 || m + decreaser < 0 || i + secondDecrease > numberRows - 1 || m + decreaser > numberColumns - 1 ){ river[i][m] = null; } else { //check for animal in the cell if( river[i + secondDecrease][m + decreaser] == null ) { river[i + secondDecrease][m + decreaser] = river[i][m]; river[i][m] = null; } //two Bears mean a new Bear else if( river[i + secondDecrease][m + decreaser] instanceof Bear && river[i][m] instanceof Bear ) { do { row = randomizer.nextInt( numberRows ); column = randomizer.nextInt( numberColumns ); } while ( river[row][column] != null ); river[row][column] = new Bear(); } //two Fish mean a new Fish else if( river[i + secondDecrease][m + decreaser] instanceof Fish && river[i][m] instanceof Fish ) { do { row = randomizer.nextInt( numberRows ); column = randomizer.nextInt( numberColumns ); } while ( river[row][column] != null ); river[row][column] = new Fish(); } //Fish tries to move into Bear's cell //Bear eats Fish, Bear stays else if( river[i + secondDecrease][m + decreaser] instanceof Bear && river[i][m] instanceof Fish ) { river[i][m] = null; } //Bear moves in to Fish cell //Bear eats Fish, moves into Fish's cell else if( river[i + secondDecrease][m + decreaser] instanceof Fish && river[i][m] instanceof Bear ) { river[i + secondDecrease][m + decreaser] = river[i][m]; river[i][m] = null; }}}}} private void Population() { //arbitrarily set the ratio of Bears to Fish to null river = new Animal[numberRows][numberColumns]; Random randomizer = new Random(); for( int i = 0;i < numberRows;i++) { for( int m = 0;m < numberColumns;m++ ) { int randomNumber = randomizer.nextInt( 100 ); if( randomNumber < 33 ) river[i][m] = new Bear(); else if( randomNumber > 33 && randomNumber < 67 ) river[i][m] = new Fish(); else river[i][m] = null; }}} } } 

    This is what the compiler outputs:

    \B~~BF~FB~BBBB~FFFF~~~FBBFBB~~F~B~~BFBFBFFBBFFFF~B)

    BBFFFBBB\FB~F~FBFBB~F~BFFFBFFB~B~F~BB~BBBFF~FB~BFF)

    \F~FFBBB~~~B~BBBBBB~BBBBBF~~FB~FBFB~~BB~BB~BB~~FB~)

    FBF\B~~F~BFF~~F~F~FFF~B~FB~BBFF~~FFF~FFF~B~FFFBBBF)

    \FBF~BB~FB~FBF~~~FF~~F~~~FB~B~FBF~~FFF~FBB~~BBBFB~)

    \FFF~BB~~~FBBB~FBB~BFFBFF~~FF~~FF~FFFBBBFBBB~~F~BB)

    F\FFBFBFF~B~~FBB~~~~F~~FFBBFBF~~~B~FF~~B~~~BFBBB~~)

    FFFBFBB\BBFFFF~F~B~B~FBFB~B~~B~FF~~F~FBF~BFBFFBF~F)

    BFFBB\BBBF~~~FBFFBF~B~BFFF~FF~BBF~FFFFFFBB~FF~~BBB)

    B\FFF~~~FB~FB~BB~FFFBB~~BF~~BFFFF~FBBB~B~FFB~FBFB~)

    B\~~BF~B~FBFB~~BF~~F~BBFFB~FBFFF~~~~BFB~~BF~~F~~BB)

    \BFFFB~~FF~~FBBBBFFF~~BFBBB~~BB~~~~BFFF~B~BB~FFB~F)

    BBBBFBF\F~~B~B~FBB~FFFFF~~~BBFBBBB~BBB~~~F~BF~BF~B)

    B\F~BF~F~F~F~~FFFFB~BBFFBBBFBF~B~F~BB~~~~FBFFFBFFB)

    BBBB\BBF~FB~~FBF~~BBFFBBBBFF~B~BFFBBFFF~FFF~FFBFBF)

    FBFFBBFFFBBBBBF\BFBFB~~~BFBB~BBBF~~BBBBBFFBBFBB~FB)

    BBFFFBBB\BFBBBBBB~BFBFBBBBBFBBBBBFBBBBFBBFB~FFBFFB)

    BFBBFBB\FBF~BBBBFBB~BBBFBBBB~BB~FBBBBBBFFBBBF~FBBB)

    FBB\B~FBBBFBBBFBFBBBFBBBBBFBBF~FBBFFFFFFB~~B~BBBFB)

    FBBB\B~BF~BBBFBBBBBFFFB~BFBBBFBBFBBFFBBFB~BBB~BBBB)

    FFFFBBBFFFBB\BBBBFBB~~BFBBFB~BB~BBFF~BBBB~BFBBBBBB)

    BF\FBBBBBBBBFFB~FBBF~BBFBBFBBFBBF~~BFFBF~~BBFBBBB~)

    \F~BB~~FBBFFB~F~B~BBBFBF~BBF~FBBFBF~FBB~FB~BB~BFB~)

    BFBFBBBBB\BB~B~FBF~BBBB~BF~FFB~FBBFBBBF~BF~BBBBBBB)

    BBF\~BBBBB~~~FBFBFFBBB~FBBBFBFF~FBF~BF~BBBBBBBFB~~)

    BBFBB\BB~BBBBBB~F~~BBBBFBBBBBB~BFB~BBB~BB~FBBF~BBB)

    \BBBBBBFFBB~BBBBBBBB~FF~BBBBBBB~BBBFB~FB~~BBBBFBBB)

    BBBBBBBB\B~BF~BF~B~FFFB~BBBB~B~BBBBBB~BB~BBB~BBBBB)

    B\FBBB~BBBB~F~BB~BBB~~FB~BBBB~BBBBBBBBB~FFBFFB~B~~)

    \BBB~~BF~~B~~~~~BBB~~B~BBBB~BBBF~FBBB~B~FB~FF~~~B~)

    Here is what I need to fix:

    So the compiler never finishes and only completes two iterations of the ecosystem cycle (bear mate, bear eat, fish mate, null removed). I need it to go until the B fills every spot in the array. I also need to add a way to count the total amount of Bear spots, fish spots, and null spots after each cycle is done. This count also needs to have a counter for which cycle it is on, whether it's the 1st or the 31st.

    So....

    ~~~FFBB~B~BFFF

    Cycle #4: Bears (36). Fish (23). Null(20).

    Is what the bottom of each cycle's block should look like.

    Please let me know if you have any solutions. Thank you for at least taking the time to look over this.

    submitted by /u/VestedLoki8
    [link] [comments]

    Game for learning coding

    Posted: 03 Feb 2020 08:45 PM PST

    So a while ago, I was reading a magazine and they talked about a game for learning coding. I remember that it was only on Linux or Raspbian.

    Thing is, I DO NOT remember the name of the game. I remember it was kind of a RPG.

    Can someone find the name of the game for me please?

    submitted by /u/TheCowboyBaguette
    [link] [comments]

    Applying code into Visual Program

    Posted: 03 Feb 2020 08:33 PM PST

    Hi,

    I've been learning C++ for a while now, and can say I've reached a comfortable point with it.

    However, All my "applications" and projects have been console apps in visual studio; and, I'm not sure exactly how to take the step towards "programs" or more visual applications with a GUI. I would like to make a sorting algorithm visualizer, for example.

    Thank you in advance.

    submitted by /u/zomy2000
    [link] [comments]

    What are some good online resources for absolute beginners?

    Posted: 03 Feb 2020 08:50 AM PST

    So I'm in my 2nd year of college studying foreign languages and I decided it just isn't for me, as I have always been more interested in computers.

    That said I decided I want to learn more about programming in general (mainly Python and Javascript). The extent of my programming knowledge is building a 90's-looking website using HTML (you know, using the usual >head >body and so on, the basics of the basics).

    I don't really want to go to another college or take courses for this however, as I always find that I learn better on my own since I'm not very sociable and kind of an introvert.

    So, my question is about websites like CodecAcademy (if you know others please let me know). How reliable are they for absolute beginners? I skimmed through some posts on this sub and some youtube videos and I keep stumbling upon people saying that "you don't learn to code, but you learn to solve a problem through coding". My issue is that I don't think I can "solve a problem" if I don't know the damn basics first.

    For example, I just downloaded Python 2.7 on my windows. I'm familiar with command-line stuff because I still use youtube-dl and ffmpeg for stuff. Yet... I don't know what I'm supposed to do with it. That's what I'm asking about. I don't know the limits and capabilities of all these different tools.

    That said: are sites like Codecacademy good for learning the basics? Should I rely on youtube videos instead (if so which ones)?

    I'm sorry if my questions are replied somewhere in the pinned post, but I just can't find them. Thanks in advance and sorry if this breaks any rules.

    EDIT: spelling

    submitted by /u/TheSkipRow
    [link] [comments]

    Big data and machine learning to study coronvirus.

    Posted: 03 Feb 2020 08:05 PM PST

    Hi guys, I'm a budding scholar and I was looking for a useful and interesting project to tackle to test and improve my skills in the mathematics and computer science field, so I'm using the coronavirus case to create some graph using some machine learning and similar stuff, do you know where I can find reliable data?

    submitted by /u/Perpeteo
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment